InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis
also edited by Jon04CTSV

Disclaimer: I don't have one, you evil owners of Inuyasha people! (Which don't include me, I might add.)

XxXx

Chapter Two

I'll admit it; usually, I'm alright with school. Day to day stuff is pretty easy to get over, but for the past week, things have blown.

A few days into class, and we were already getting loaded with homework. The teachers will tell you its all `preparation for college and university' but that's a load of shit; they love giving us homework, and making students like me stress out, just because they have no lives.

I'm about ready to bang my head on the table from boredom, but then I'm saved as Ms. Kaede Liu announces class is over.

She also mentions something about an assignment being due on Monday, an `ISU' (an `Independent Study', or independent assignment), but I haven't been paying enough attention to know anything about it.

Besides, this is Music; how hard could it be?

After leaving the classroom, I sling my backpack over my shoulder and walk to my car. Nearby, I see my friends, waiting. It's Friday, which means it's movie day.

Sounds sort of dumb, but every Friday, the four of us go to see a movie in the theatres. Sure, I have a plasma screen television at home, but it's good to have a change once in a while. Not to mention it gets me away from the house—I hate being at home. Don't ask why, I just do; plain and simple.

Normally we don't go out right after class, but today, there just isn't anything to do.

Once we've all gotten into my car—with care, of course,—I begin driving to the theatre. However, once we pull into a parking spot, I'm instantly annoyed at the small group of girls I see.

Eri, Yura, and Yuka are all standing beside Kikyou as she takes a drag of her cigarette outside the theatre, nonchalantly waving her long, raven coloured hair around. When she sees us approaching, she exhales the blue smoke, and waves at me.

I know she likes me,—who doesn't?—but that's beside the point. The girl has proven on far too many occasions that she's a complete slut, and high maintenance. Aside from that, she's whiney, boring, and so much like the preppy-bitch type that it would drive even me insane.

Discontentedly, I force myself to say a quick `hi' as she attempts to hug me. Luckily for my instincts, however, I'm able to step away before her grossly thin arms are thrown around my neck.

“Aw, Sesshoumaru,” she said in that whiney voice which I hate. “Give me some love,” Kikyou purred, making me internally shiver.

“I'd rather kiss a corpse,” I found myself muttering under my breath, but she caught onto it.

Huffing, Kikyou immediately attached herself onto Inuyasha's arm, with which he didn't seem to mind. She also put out her cigarette, and mirrored one of those sugary-fake smiles which would make anyone want to cringe.

“Hi baby,” Kikyou cooed to him.

Instead of answering, Inuyasha sighed impatiently and shrugged her off. “Are we seeing a movie or not?”

Nodding my head, I lead us into the theatre.

The females followed us, unfortunately, which means I'll be stuck with them for the next hour and a half.

What a great way to start off my weekend, don't you think?

XxXx

I went straight to my bedroom the second I got home, collapsing onto the soft sheets and comforter. I felt drained, as if I'd run a marathon, or something to that degree.

Yawning, I was about ready to pass out when the phone in my room rang. That was rather odd; the only times I ever got phone calls were when I'd won awards from the school, telemarketers, or on the odd occasion, friends from school.

During the summer, I often hung around with Kagome Higurashi, Sango Taija, and Ayame Li. Those girls were actually pretty nice, and didn't mind the fact that I'm so shy. We got to be pretty close, but then most of them were going on vacation, which left me to be by myself for the last two weeks of summer break. I didn't mind, though; I was used to being alone.

Anyway, I reluctantly picked up the phone.

“Hello?” I said, not being creative enough to think of something else to say.

“Hi, Rin!” Came a cheery voice from the other line; it was Kagome.

“Oh! Hi, Kagome!” I replied, feeling oddly relieved. It was strange hearing from her again; it'd been at least two or three weeks since our last chat. I even thought she might've lost my phone number, but apparently she didn't.

“What are you doing right now?”

I thought for a moment, but then answered, “I was just lying down on my bed; I got home a minute or two ago.”

You see, Kagome, Sango, and Ayame are all a year younger than me; I'm in grade twelve, and they're in grade eleven, so we aren't in any of the same classes together. It sort of sucks, but I'll be fine. I managed throughout all my other years of high school; grade twelve won't be any different.

“Really? Us, too! We should all go to the movies together! After all, it's a Friday afternoon; unless you have plans, of course. Not only that, but it's been ages since we've all hung out together. It'll be tons of fun, just the four of us!”

“Right, well…I wouldn't mind going, I suppose…” Before I could add more, she said, “Great! Sango, Ayame and I'll meet you at the theatre in twenty minutes!” and hung up.

Frowning into the phone, I drug myself up off the bed, reluctantly. I don't mind the idea of going out, I just feel some-what tired, and was planning on having a nap.

I guess I won't be able to now, but that's alright; I'll just go to bed earlier tonight.

XxXx

Hopping off the public bus, I got out at the stop nearest to the theatre. From my place I could see the three of them waving at me, smiling brightly.

For the first time in a while, I found myself smiling, too.

Engaging in a group hug, I was prominently squished in-between three crazed girls and mumblings of `I haven't seen you in so long! How have you been?' but not that I minded or anything.

After we made some small-talk, I said that we'd better make haste in order to make it to the movie on time. The four of us rushed into the theatre, and purchased the tickets.

Glancing at my watch, I realized that the movie was about to start, and that we wouldn't have time for refreshments.

Once our tickets were checked by the woman behind a counter, we ran as quickly as possible to the entrance of theatre number twelve.

The room was dark once we walked inside, commercials still playing as we got seated right at the back. There was loud laughter and talking a few rows below us, which made me sigh in annoyance.

I've never minded when people talk during commercials or movie advertisings, but I can't stand it when people talk during the actual movie. In fact, it drives me insane.

Why come to the theatre if you're going to talk ? What's the point of coming to the movies if you're not going to sit down, shut up, and watch the show? I've never understood it, and I really don't want to.

However, I feel myself crawling into a hole when I see glimmering silver hair in the middle of all the talking and laughter. Who else had long, silver, tamed hair, yet would come to a teen action movie?

It's him again, and I'm not happy about it.

God, it seems like everywhere I go he follows. I can't get away from him; in school, out of school, it doesn't matter.

My friends feel my nearly shocking agitation—I'm never frustrated, angry, or voice my feelings,— and quickly distract me. I'm sure they figure I'm annoyed for some big reason, and want to prevent me from getting royally pissed off.

I smile weakly when Kagome's hand pats my arm in a consoling manner, which makes me feel at least a little better.

Thankfully enough, the lights start to dim, meaning the movie is about to start. I don't even remember the title of the movie, and it's probably going to be bad, but I'm with my friends, and that's all that matters.

I lean back in my seat, and wait for the long, droning commercials to finish. They're pretty annoying too, seeing how no one cares about movies that aren't coming out for the next year, but they make you watch the damn things anyway.

Sighing, I begin to wish I had a drink, and a pack of candy. You know, those big packs of candy that they over-price by about twice as much? Yeah, those packs of candy, and that extra large cup of soda that I can never finish.

Getting up, I ask them if they want anything from the concession. Surprisingly, they don't, so I tell them I'll be right back, because I do.

The movie isn't going to be on for another few minutes, or more likely another fifteen minutes, which means I have tons of time to waste before coming back.

Leaving the dark theatre, I walked up to the candy—shielded by the glass cases, —and stared for a good minute before trying to make a decision.

I have all the time in the world to think about this, you know; so I'm just going to take things nice and slow.

XxXx

Wow, these people are beginning to piss me off.

Did I mention that Kikyou's laugh reminds me of a bird's before it flies into a window? Yes, that sort of laugh; you know, the one that's more like a quiet screeching that makes you want to cover your ears and run away? Annoying, no?

Anyway, after having all the women talking non-stop behind me the entire time, I found myself desperate to get into the movie theatre, forgetting all about popcorn, candy, and drinks. I hoped that if we sat ourselves down, they'd finally shut up, but that didn't seem to be the case. In fact, I felt as if they were talking even more now than before, if possible.

It's truly a shame that they don't sell duct tape at a movie theatre; I think they'd make a bundle, if they did. Surely it'd take at least a couple rolls to keep them quiet, don't you think?

Getting up, I didn't bother telling them where I was going, or what I was doing. Kikyou also rose out of her seat, but I quickly fixed that. “You will sit down, or else I'll have a good talking with your mother about Hojo; I'm sure she'd love to hear about that.” By now she was blushing crimson at not only being told to stay, but also being threatened all in the same sentence.

“What's he talking about, Kikyou?” Inuyasha asked, suddenly curious.

“Yeah, Kiks. What the hell?” Kouga just had to put his two cents in, of course.

Shippo sat there silently not saying anything, but I knew he wanted to hear, too.

“It's n-nothing,” she mumbled haughtily in response, sitting down as if she'd planned on doing it the entire time.

I took this moment in time to get out of there alive, and in one piece.

Gliding down the few stairs towards the concession, I was taken aback when I saw her standing there, as if in a daze.

At first, I thought she was going to be ill; but on closer inspection, I could tell she was staring at the candy. She was having the same problem I was about to have; choosing.

I've always hated making choices, because usually when it comes to gaining, I want everything, and the best available.

However, I know I don't need, or particularity want ten packs of over fifteen varieties of candy—although we all know well that I can afford it.—

Strolling over, I stood by one of the other candy counters, looking over what was there. I didn't know what I wanted, and it seemed to get harder and harder as I saw more and more types of candy.

Chocolates, candy chews, jaw breakers, lollipops, gummy candies and more were there, each around five dollars per package. Overpriced, without a doubt; but completely worth it.

Before I knew it, I was seeing her standing there again—and for some odd reason, I suddenly felt…happy.

XxXx

Author's Note

Angel: Thank you to my (one) reviewer for reviewing, and Jonathan, my wonderful boyfriend, for being my beta-reader! Your editing rocks my socks, dude.

Oh, and before the next chapter is posted, I'm demanding two reviews; yes, two! I know you can do it; you almost did for the first chapter… If you reviewed last time, do it again!

Jon: -Cough and then maybe others will see their example and follow suit cough- Yep, a whole two reviews. You know you want to; just click that little purple button…

Angel: Until chapter three!

Sincerely,

-DarkCrystalis

Jon: And `Sincerely, Jonathan', too. Me too, me too!













< br>