InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis
also edited by Jon04CTSV

Disclaimer: I don't have one, you evil owners of Inuyasha people! (Which don't include me, I might add.)

XxXx

Chapter Three

A few feet beside me I heard a sigh as she held a five dollar bill in her hands, showing she was still debating over what to get.

I gazed at her strangely, knowing that five dollars wasn't going to be enough for a drink and candy. People don't go to the theatre and buy candy without soda, or popcorn without soda; that's just not how things work.

Pulling out my wallet, I looked at the wads of cash nearly overflowing from it. I have tons of money, and the saddest part is that I don't even need it all.

Approaching her, I noticed her stiffen as she stared at me. It was the exact same look on her face that I saw on the first day of classes, not having softened or changed one bit.

In fact, she acted as if she'd never seen me in her life, and gave all of her attention back to the candy. Apparently, she still didn't know what to get, but I couldn't blame her. Candy, or soda?

I realized that if this was going to go anywhere, I was going to have to talk to her first.

“What do you plan on getting?” I asked, not really expecting a reply.

At first, I thought she would ignore me, but she didn't.

“I don't know yet,” she stated in a quiet voice, almost classified as a whisper.

“Well, I have lots of money, so…” Handing her a twenty dollar bill, she looked at me oddly before backing away.

“I don't want your money,” she said in a cold voice, looking at it as if it were poison.

My eyes widened slightly as I realized that she took this in an offensive manner.

“I didn't mean it that way,” I said indignantly, crossing my arms over my chest. “Forget I even offered it to you.”

Stalking away without the candy and soda I was going to buy, I left her there.

However, I felt bad the second I turned away, and felt myself going back before I could stop it.

“Wait.”

She looked at me as she handed her money over to the man behind the counter, having decided on candy.

I'm not happy with how I acted, but how can I make it up?

“Can I buy you a soda?”

Glaring at me, I could tell she was annoyed. She probably thought I thought she's a charity case, or something stupid like that.

Grinning, I pointed to the board which advertises specials. She looked at it, and then a thoughtful look fell over her face.

On the board it said `Buy any pack of three-hundred grams candy and an extra large soda, and get a second extra large soda, FREE!'

After slight hesitation, she nodded her head.

I felt relieved and happy all at once, which was kind of weird, seeing how it's me we're talking about.

Anyway, she carried her soda in one hand while carrying the pack of “Sour Patch” candy in the other, mumbling yet another `thank you' before mentioning she had to use the washroom.

I replied with a `you're welcome' as I went back into the theatre with my treats and drink in tow. The commercials were still running, but I wasn't thinking about that; I was thinking about her.

I, silently of course, also complimented her on her candy choice. I would have chosen it, too. People tend to think of me as more of a sour person—but I think I have a sweeter side, if you dig deep enough to find it.

XxXx

I was right, suckers. The movie blew as hard as a tornado during a storm; it was awful. The fighting scenes sucked, the graphics were so bad, I was sure I could draw better—and trust me, I can't draw, —which means that I just wasted my money.

Remember, though; it's okay because it was with my friends. Being with my friends made it all worthwhile—or at least, I keep telling my wallet that.

My stomach chose that moment in time to rumble loudly, signaling that I'm hungry to the rest of the world. I sighed and then smiled sheepishly to my friends, not knowing what to say.

“I guess I'd better eat before my stomach eats me.”

They looked at me rather oddly for a moment before breaking out into smiles.

“Yeah, our parents want us home for dinner, too. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow night?”

I nodded my head, for once actually looking forward to getting out of the house. Usually it's the exact opposite, but I really don't mind this change of pace.

“Alright, I'll talk to you all tomorrow!” Giving quick hugs before departing, I walked over to the bus stop, waiting for it to arrive. According to the schedule, one is due to come in seven minutes, but I know that isn't true. Those stupid timelines always lie; the buses are always too early or too late. It's quite annoying, really.

I shivered in the light breeze, feeling like kicking myself for not having dressed warmer. Yeah, it's still early September, but those nights can sometimes get a little chilly.

Yawning behind my hand, I checked the time. I had around twenty or so minutes before it was six, which meant there was enough time to get home. However, I've always had issues with waiting—for anything. Don't ask why, that's just how its always been.

Anyway, I was about to seat myself down when I noticed a group of girls walking closer to me. I recognized them as the popular preppy teens from my high school, and immediately thought `goodie.' Instead of sitting down, I feel myself wishing that I could disappear.
 
At first, I thought for sure I'd go unnoticed. After all, they were just walking by, weren't they? What were the chances of them seeing lil' ol' me…?

I was instantly filled with dread when they stopped and stared, and then began whispering and laughing to each other behind their delicate hands. It was their delicate hands that I wanted to chop off at this very moment; I didn't see anything amusing.

“You're Rin, aren't you?” The biggest one of the group spoke; I'd heard her name was Kikyou.

Instead of responding, I plugged my mp3 microphones into my ears, and turned up the volume. Hopefully they will take the hint, and leave me alone…

“Hey, I'm talking to you!”

…But with my luck, why would that happen?

I sighed again, not knowing what to do. The last thing I felt like doing was conversing with the bitches from high school, but I couldn't see any way to avoid them.

Turning off my music, I looked up at them. “Yeah?”

Kikyou stared me down coldly, wearing a face that said `You've ticked me off; no one ignores me.' Apparently, though, I just did.

Seeing my bus from a ways off in the distance, I spoke quickly before she opened her mouth.

“Look, the bus will be arriving soon; I don't have time for small chat. I need to get home in time for dinner.”

Kikyou's friends began laughing, but for once, not at me; at her. She'd supposedly been `told off', and apparently this was something new.

Her face turned red in anger, but she didn't get to have her little outburst, because guess who drove up in his silver Cadillac.

“Heya Sessh,” Kikyou said smoothly, completely ignoring her previous anger.

He looked over at her, then her friends, and finally at me. I'd been hoping he wouldn't see me either, but today didn't seem like it was my day.

“Hop in,” he instructed to me, not giving much of a choice. His tone didn't sound friendly like it did earlier on, which silently made me question his motives.

When I stood there hesitantly for a second, he snapped at me.

“I don't have all day—just get in, I'll take you home.”

Looking at Inuyasha, Kouga, and Shippo, all of which were sitting in the back seat, I found myself shrugging. Getting a ride home is nicer than riding the bus, isn't it? Besides, it'll get me away from these fake freaks which make me annoyed.

Nodding, I opened the car door, and got myself seated before shutting it. Kikyou stared at me as I got in, the rage from before back in full force. I knew I'd probably get hell later on for doing this, but right now, I don't give a damn.

Smiling, I looked over at him and asked, “Where to?”

XxXx

Strangely enough, I found the movie to be pretty shitty. Yeah, I'm a tough critic, but the movie had looked pretty good…apparently it wasn't, though.

Anyway, before I realized it, I was dropping off my buddies and half-brother—he lives with his mother,—first; before her, that is. I guess I wanted to spend some time with her, or something like that.

She keeps looking over at me as I drive, and I can't help but wonder why. Is she feeling weird because I'm taking her home, or is it for another reason?

Luckily for me, her blank stares finally transpired into a single question, in which she voiced quite clearly.

“Why did you bring me home?” She asked as I pulled up in front of her house. The house was quite tiny, and I silently began to question if she was the only one that lived there or not. Surely it was too small for more than two people?

At first, I didn't really know what to say. “You were uncomfortable around those girls—it seemed like the right thing to do.” Way to go, pro-star; bullshit yourself through everything!

Nodding her head once, she murmured an “I see” before opening the car door.

“Wait,” I said to her, feeling some-what odd at the incomplete parting.

She looked at me strangely, and once again I was feeling pretty stupid. I have to stop putting myself in these situations, because that's Kouga's job; if I take it, what'll he do? I'm not suited for this kind of thing, anyway.

Shaking my head, I said a quick “Never mind” before driving away, determined not to turn around and try speaking with her some more, although the temptation was pretty strong.

All the way back to my house I thought about the strange meeting at the movies, and the way she looked at me when I brought her home.

Nothing makes sense; one minute she looks at me as if I'm an asshole—which couldn't be possible, of course,—and the next she seems to be grateful about something.

Finally I got home, and couldn't be happier. I walked inside, and went straight to the kitchen. God, I'm starving—it's been at least five hours since I last ate.

Once I grabbed a plate full of chicken, rice, and mixed vegetables, I walked upstairs.

Placing the heaping dish on my bed, I began munching on my food, thinking about her all over again—which is very, very weird.

I don't generally get along with girls, or think about them overly much; I mean, I'm not gay or anything, but they tend to piss me off more than anything else.

However, this girl,—whatever her name is,—continually proves to be more different than anyone else I know.

Despite that, I had to remind myself of one thing; girls, especially the quiet ones, are too confusing for their own good.

At least, in my opinion—which we all know, by now,—means a lot.

XxXx

Author's Note

Angel: Thanks so much, for the review(s)! If we get some more next time, I'll be really, really happy…

Jon: I bet I could make you happier than reviews ever could.

Angel: I'm not so sure—I tend to really love my readers and reviewers…

Jon: Oh, fine. I'll remember that when you want to see me on the weekend, or when you need me… -Stomps off-

Angel: Oh dear, I'd better go make amends with him. He's still needed to edit my chapters—teehee.

Until chapter four!

Sincerely,

-DarkCrystalis

Jon: -Calls from his sulking spot in the corner: “And ME!”-