InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis and edited by Jon04CTSV
XxXx
Chapter Fifteen
Rin's P.O.V.
I realize that I've slowly changed over the past two months— it's now mid-November, mind you. (Don't worry, Sesshoumaru and I braved through the music assignment and got an A on it). I'm no longer quiet and withdrawn; it's as if a hook has been pierced through my stomach, and slowly over time, feelings and beliefs have been dragged out of me.
 
The shy, calm and rational Rin has disappeared out the window; the argumentative, opinionated and defensive me has risen in place.
 
To be honest, I don't know whether I like this 'new' me or not, but when you're around Sesshoumaru almost 24-7, what choice do you have?
 
You either fight for your right to be human and sane, or be trampled by his unfazed cold sarcasm and remarks.
 
XxXx
 
We are perfect enemies, forced to live in the same home and to be in each other's presences almost every waking moment. Whether I'm watching T.V. downstairs or doing homework in my bedroom, the fact that he's only a few feet away from me never escapes my mind.
 
The knowledge that he's in almost all my classes (except English, thank god) does not give me comfort. Feeling his eyes bore into the back of my head, whether it be at school or home, is on the brink of disturbing.
 
Keep yourself away
Far
away from me
I forever stay
Your
perfect enemy
 
I think he likes doing this to me, simply because it drives me crazy and that, therefore, gives him some sort of sick pleasure. He's a persistent fucker, I'll give him that.
 
No more confession
Not sentimental
I am now something
Experimental
 
Sighing, I stop my incessant writing on the page before me. I'm trying to write an English essay based on 'classifications' of students in colleges and universities, but my thoughts are far too troubled to allow me to get on with my work. Instead, my mind wanders, yet again, to the infuriating Sesshoumaru.
 
Just who does he think he is, anyway? Just because he's arrogant, rude, obnoxious and so inhuman doesn't mean I should like him. I mean, come on—who would like him the way he is right now? Who wants a man that is nothing short of manly, distantly discomforting and so unresponsive?
 
In my mind, I can easily picture hoards of desperate girls hovering over his every step as he walks down the school's hallways, but he ignores them all as he stares straight at me with that piercing gaze. It's like none of the others exist--it's just you and me, but none of the people. I always liked that song and felt it should be modified like that to make more sense in my mind.
 
As I think this to myself, I feel a blush rise on my cheeks as I unwillingly remember the day at the park. It really was just me and him that day, and I can't help but feel like there was some sort of a bubbling chemistry there that we were keeping taped down. In fact, if I think about it, I can't remember what was stopping me from jumping on him right then and there. I mean, it's not like anyone was around or anything...
 
...Oh, right; my pride--how could I forget so easily? Honestly, it'd be so inappropriate to go and do something like that out of the blue, wouldn't it? Especially when I hardly even know the guy!
 
I exaggerate to some extent, but at least the chemistry part was real.
 
So much for being perfect enemies; it seems as though my bitter resolve towards Sesshoumaru is melting away with each passing day…
 
…but a part of me still fights to keep my act together. I'm not a desperate fool out to find love or to sleep with a guy; I want something real and dependable. Something that works for me, as well as him—whoever `the one' might be one day.
 
Okay, so I admit it—I like him, but just a little; this still classifies me as hating him, just not as much as before. My previous statement doesn't immediately become voided, but at the same time this isn't one of those `I said I liked him but I didn't really mean it' moments. To be completely honest, I find myself getting attached to him, whether it's willingly or not. When I say a little, I really mean just a little—you know, like the song, “Not a lot, just a little bit.” Sesshoumaru can be interesting and dryly humorous when he wants to be, as well as occasionally helpful—which is some-what attractive, I'm guessing.
 
This is all so very confusing, but there are still so many more questions that need to be answered.
 
Although his personality isn't the best, I suddenly wonder why I don't like him that much. He's never been overly rude to me—or at least not unbearably rude,— he offered me his home, protection and safety, as well as guaranteeing that he'd never intentionally hurt me, which, in all actuality, is quite a lot coming from a man. Is he being completely honest about these promises, or is this all a ruse to get into my pants?
 
Assuming he's being genuine (for the sake of argument), isn't this type of guy that most women only dare to dream about? I mean, does this mean I'm crazy for not grabbing him by the reigns while I've still got the chance? Is he really someone I can count, depend and lean on during any situation I may find myself in one day?
 
I chew on a nail and brew over this for a good while, not knowing any definite conclusions to my frustrating questions. I'm the only one that can make decisions, but he's the one with all the answers…
 
Ten or so minutes later, I decide to confront him on some of these issues. After all, he's only a few seconds' walk from my room.

XxXx
 
Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.
 
“Who could it be now?” I grow agitated, not feeling like having salesmen, crazed girls or generally annoying people knock at my door.
 
I just dealt with an overly enthusiastic telemarketer over the phone, and let me tell you—it was not pretty. Neither would've been his face if he'd been here in person, he was really that bothersome.
 
I don't think knocking him in the head with a bat would've got the words “I'm not interested” to cross his mind. I had to resort to threatening bodily harm to his friends' and family's safety by tracing the call through some on-the-spot-made-up-program if he didn't leave me the fuck alone. That certainly shut him up, but not until after he called me a jackass and hung up.
 
I open the door, my `I'm not amused' expression firmly in place. I'm not in the mood for mindless conversations or listening to someone drone on and on about their life's problems. If you need someone to talk to so intimately, find someone who cares or talk to a psychiatrist and pay for it. I bet if people had to hand out lots of money every time they wanted to whine about the unfairness of their personal situations, the world would be a very quiet place—save for someone like me, because we all know people would love listen to me; free of charge, no less.
 
It's Kikyo, and I can't be more surprised. I didn't even know she remembered our address—it's been over a year since she last came over. She used to date my half brother, Inuyasha, so she came over frequently to do god knows what. I don't know why they broke up in the first place—I think she apparently kissed another guy while they were together or something like that. Like I care—I was the one that warned Inuyasha about her being a slut to begin with. It was yet another one of those “I told you so”s and he wasn't exactly happy about it.
 
Anyway, she asks to speak to me in private and I'm even more surprised, if possible, but it doesn't show on my face. I figure she wants to get back with my half-brother, or ask me random shit about him. Hell, I don't really care—the quicker I answer her questions, the faster she gets out of my house.
 
We walk up to my room and I stand at the foot of my bed while she leans against the doorway. No one else is home except Rin, but I always keep the door open when I'm not busy to show that she can come bug me if she wants. Personally, I like those random little visits of hers—we usually argue a bit and sometimes even laugh, but that's much rarer than the former.
 
I don't even realize that I completely zone out in front of my unwanted guest, and before I know it she's inches from me.
 
“…I like you…” is all I hear, but before I can move, her body shoves roughly onto mine, knocking me down on my bed as her nasty lips cover mine.
 
XxXx
 
Rin's P.O.V.
 
So, what exactly am I going to say to him? Am I honestly going to go and ask him if he's being genuine with me, or what? God, I'm sure things will somehow come together once I see him, right?
 
I wonder if I'm being overly nervous for something so little, but at the same time my heart is beating quickly in my chest. I'm almost afraid, but slightly giddy—the high I have from the combination of both feelings is almost intoxicating.
 
Taking a deep breath, I smile when light shines through the open door. I can tell he won't mind if I talk with him for a while, and I'm silently glad.
 
As I near the door, I hear the words “…I like you…” muttered by some unknown voice and I begin to panic. Maybe I heard it wrong; maybe it's a joke of some sort…
 
However, my doubts are completely wiped from me as my shaky legs bring me to the doorway. There, on his bed, is the bastard Sesshoumaru with Kikyo sprawled on top of him, kissing him.
 
Tears instantly cloud my eyes but I'm too furious to set them free.
 
“I must be interrupting something important,” I say stiffly before turning around and running back to my room, locking the door behind me. I hear him call my name, but I ignore it.
 
I lay on my bed, no longer to hold in the tears.
 
Genuine and honest—are these the things I thought of him only moments before? So much for that…
 
I lied, I really did after having seen that little scene—he really is my perfect enemy.
 
Keep yourself away
Far away from me
I forever stay
Your perfect enemy
 
XxXx
 
Author's Note
Angel: I thought this was my best chapter as of yet. Filled with major insight on Rin's (indecisive) feelings, humour and angst, this is what gets the plot bunnies multiplying! I know the chapter took quite a few weeks to be put out, but it took me this long to figure out how I can progress the story. I know things seem a bit cliché right now, but I'll try to make it more original as things go on.
 
A huge thanks to all those that have supported me thus far, and a super huge thank you to the really descriptive reviewer (your name is currently escaping me at this moment) that had so many wonderful things to say about my writing.
 
The song I used here was called “Perfect Enemy” by Tatu, and obviously the lyrics aren't mine, no matter how much they fit the story. There were also references to the songs “Just a Little Bit” by 50 cent as well as “You and Me” by Lifehouse. I wonder how many of you noticed the songs? It was all by accident, but it seemed to fit the storyline well as I wrote it.
 
Jonathan, my never-failing boyfriend edited this chapter for me as usual, so mega huge thanks goes out to him! (I was in a rush to get this out since it's late, so I didn't want us to make a cool author's note and delay the posting of this chapter even more).
 
I hope everyone enjoyed the rest of their winter break and that you're all breaking back into the school schedule again without problems.
 
Until Chapter 16!
 
Sincerely
 
Angel
and
Jonathan