InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Got Back (not a song fic) ❯ Actions ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"Inu Yasha, I said I could walk!" Kagome chirped for the third time as the hanyou once again tried to force her upon his back.

"And I said I can carry you." Inu yasha growled as she once again backed away from him.

"My ankle is fine. " Kagome huffed as she narrowed her eyes and met his angry gaze. "I'm not going to hurt myself again."

"Feh!" The hanyou snorted as he eyed the angry girl before him. "I always carried you before. You're just being stupid."

"I'm not being stupid Inu Yasha,....you are." Kagome huffed before mentally smacking herself for the lame comment. She grimaced as the heated Hanyou eyed her with contempt, obviously picking up on her nervousness. It wasn't that she was angry with Inu Yasha, in fact, they hadn't been fighting all day. The lack of morning insults spewing from the hanyou's mouth had been enough to make Kagome uneasy that morning, but having him INSIST upon carrying her when she was more then aware of the extra girth she carried was down right surreal.

"Quit being a bitch Kagome." Inu Yasha barked as she attempted to walk around him. "Just climb on." He growled again as he once again blocked her path with his back.

"No!" Kagome barked, her face flushing, as she mentally cursed the hanyou's denseness.

"Why not?" Inu Yasha questioned in aggravation.

'Kami,' Kagome groaned as she rubbed her temples with both hands, closing her eyes. ' Is he going to make me say it?'

"Inu Yasha." Mirkou chimed in, sensing the unspoken answer in Kagome's embarassment and attempted to offer his assitance. "Perhaps Kagome-sama would like to get a little exercise?"

Kagome blushed, apparently Mirkou understood, even if Inu Yasha didn't.

"Feh!" The hanyou retorted as he turned towards the monk. "That's stupid; It's faster if I carry her."

'Sweet Kami he's dense.' Kagome groaned to herself as she once again began to rub at her temple.

'Ah,' Mirkou responding trying very hard to make his words sound profound, "but that was before Kagome was injured, and given her current condition...."

Kagome blushed again. 'Do we really need to talk about this?' Her weight was still a sore spot and having them openly talk about it in front of her was NOT making her feel any better.

"What about her current condition?" Inu Yasha interrupted, worry obviously hidden within his words, as he eyed Kagome again as if trying to find some injury.

"I'm fat." Kagome spat out as she eyed the dense hanyou with contempt, her anger quickly overriding her embarrassment. "I'm fat and if you carry me on your little hanyou back you're going to pull something!"

"That's bullshit." Inu Yasha barked as he turned to the monk to make sure everyone was on the same page. "I could carry all of you on my back if I needed to. Now HOP ON." He commanded again as he turned his back to the miko once more.

"Oswari" Kagome whispered as she slowly walked away from camp, leaving the Inu in a nice little puppy crater. Why did he have to be such a jerk? Why couldn't he just let her suffer in silence? She almost wished he would have just started calling her names, instead of this, whatever the hell he was doing.

"Gah!" Kagome huffed with frustration as she sat down on a stump just outside of camp. She was mortified. Having Inu Yasha treat her nicely was ten times more embarrassing then if he had started calling her names. She knew her friends would never say anything hurtful, but pretty much expected the response she was now getting from them. It was as if they put her on hold. As if they were waiting to see if she would lose the weight, and then, if she did, they could go back to treating her as they did before. She didn’t really think her friends KNEW they were doing it; it was just one of those things, one of those quirks of human behavior that no one really understands. Having Inu Yasha treat her like he was made her feel like he pitied her, and she hated it. Was she so ugly now that even Inu Yasha couldn't treat her like before? Was it THAT much of a change?

"Miko." A deep baritone voice questioned behind her, causing Kagome to jump and turn in one swift motion.

"What are you doing outside of camp?" The tall figure questioned as he arched a delicate eyebrow and lazily let his gaze drift across the young girls body.

"I am...." 'Crap.' Kagome's mind screamed as it alerted her to the peril of her situation.

"I see your hanyou has been taking good care of you." Sesshoumaru drawled out coolly as he began to circle around the girl, letting his eyes continue to roam across her body.

'Did he just call me fat?' Kagome fumed in confusion as she turned to face the demon lord again, her face pink with anger. "So you thought you'd just stop by to insult me...is that it?" She questioned while narrowing her eyes at the tall taiyoukai.

"Hn." Was Sesshoumaru's non-committal reply as he moved closer to the now trembling girl.

'Crap.' Kagome's mind supplied again as she raised her arms over her face in a protective stance. "Wh-why are YOU here Sesshoumaru?"

A slight smirk curled against the taiyoukai's lip as he stared down at her. He stared at her for a moment, a blank expression within the depths of his eyes, before disappearing in a flash of light and hair.

"OW!" Kagome squeaked as her hands quickly flew to cover her behind. At first she thought she might have been stung by a bee but as she turned, making herself dizzy in the process, she caught the faint indentation of claws against the soft skin of her ass.

Kagome blinked as she stared at the abrasion and then back at camp. "Did...." She hesitated as the absurdity of her question echoed through her mind. "Did Sesshoumaru just grab my ass?"

Kagome seemed dumbfounded as she turned again to inspect her injured pride once more. 'Why the hell would Sesshoumaru grab my ass?'

"Kagome!" Screamed a tiny kit as he skittered along the forest floor in her direction, jumping into her arms as he had a million times before.

"Shippo...." She squeaked as her confusion began to melt from her features. "What's the matter?"

"You should just let Inu Yasha carry you." The kit remarked as he nuzzled back into her arms.

"What? Why?" Kagome questioned as she held the kit against her body and began to make her way back to camp.

"It's a youkai thing." Shippo huffed as he puffed out his chest and attempted to look superior.

"Oh?" Kagome quirked a brow as she stared down at the kit, wondering just how much he wasn't telling her.

"Trust me Kagome. Just let him carry you. He won't stop barkin' till you do."

"Okay Shippo, if you say so." She shrugged.

Kagome sighed as she met Inu Yasha at the edge of the clearing of their campsite. "All right." She muttered as she placed a hand against her hip. "You can carry me." She huffed, "but if you hurt yourself don't come whining to me."

"Feh!" Inu Yasha snorted as he turned his back to her and motioned for her to climb on. "It's about time you came to your senses."