InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Hearted Enemy. ❯ The Legend And The Prophecy. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Broken Hearted Enemy.

A/N: I do not own Inuyasha or the Charmed characters, I do not own any characters associated with this anime and TV show. Any original characters do belong to be though.

WARNING: Inuyasha is going to be slightly crazy in this fic . . . okay maybe a little more then slightly. Lets just say killing people really turns him on . . .hope you like it!!! On with the chapter!!!

Chapter # 3
The Legend And The Prophecy.

“What took you so long?” Tye hissed, taking his drink from her.

“I was talking to this overly hot silver haired guy at the bar. He thinks he knows me . . .” she shrugged, and sat in his lap again. “Oh well, I’m here now, isn’t that what matters?”

“I guess.” he licked her neck slightly. “So, h-”

“Wanna dance?” she asked, jumping up just as the song ‘Don’t Stop The Music’ by Rihanna played on the speakers.

“Sure.” he said, allowing her to drag him out onto the dance floor.

Shortly after the crowd is parted in the shape of a circle as the pair dance together. Both of them being overly seductive. None are aware of the growling, red eyed Inu hanyou being held back by his two friends.

xxx

“Well, we’ll have to try again later.” Sango said as Miroku and Inuyasha sat back down beside her.

They could still see Kagome clearly, and Miroku and Sango --being part of the pack and having some demonic blood courtesy of Inuyasha-- could see thorough Kagome’s concealment spell.

They were rather startled to see her like that, they weren’t really expecting her to be a Taiyoukai. And they defiantly weren’t expecting her to sucking face with a Neko Taiyoukai. Though Sango had to admit . . .the Neko was rather attractive. Miroku had looked extremely hurt at this and Inuyasha looked at her like she was the one who was crazy.

But all the same, Inuyasha had to agree with her. . .or at least Aisu the split personality that was slightly gay, agreed with her.

But when Kagome and the Neko she had called Tye, stood and headed to the dance floor Inuyasha watched intently. Especially as they started dancing seductively together. He was unaware that his eyes had turned red as Rokujou --his angry personality-- took over.
No one touched what was his, no one dared touch Kagome like that. It was unacceptable, unbelievable, unforgivable.

A loud growl ripped through his throat and both Sango and Miroku turned their gaze from the dancing couple to the infuriated hanyou.

“Oh no.” Sango whispered, shifting to Inuyasha’s left, holding his arm back. Miroku followed her example.

“Disgusting wretch.” Inuyasha growled, it was clear to Sango and Miroku that it was no long Inuyasha in control. “No on touches what is mine.”

“Inuyasha-”

“I’m Rokujou you wretched girl!”

“Calm down Rokujou. Relax.” Sango corrected.

“No! He has no right to touch her like that! I’ll rip his balls off! I swear!” Rokujou yelled, thank god the music was too loud for anyone to hear.

The music cut off and Kagome pulled away from Tye. Inuyasha calmed down considerably. His eyes fading back to their normal color.

“Kaggy?” they heard Tye ask, and Kagome stiffened.

“You smell that?” she whispered, sticking her nose in the air, sniffing delicately.

“Smell what?” Tye imitated her position, and so did Inuyasha. He growled lowly.

Kagome’s eyes instantly snapped to him. She gave him a once over and a studying look. “You smell it too?” she asked him. He nodded as she sat beside him. “What’s it smell like to you?”

“ . . .” he didn’t answer, he was eyeing Tye who was glaring at him.

“Tye.” Kagome growled. Tye snorted. “Go back to the table will you? Don’t make Brent and Tara worry.”

“But-” Tye started to protest, obviously not liking leaving Kagome alone with them.

“Now Tye.” he growled but turned and stocked off towards the group. “What does it smell like to you?” she repeated to Inuyasha. He gave her a side glance.

“Kinda like honey.” he muttered. “With some form of freakish lavender in it.”

“Exactly. I know this scent.” she stood and held her hand out to him. “Come with me.” he stood, and Miroku and Sango followed. Kagome eyed them but allowed them to follow her as she lead them through the crowd. Never once taking her hand off of Inuyasha’s.

She lead the to the back, like she’d been here before. And opened a door there. She climbed the stairs in the overly dark staircase. They were on the roof soon after. She walked to the side of the roof and looked at the horizon . . .of course with some difficulty due to the tall buildings. “Damn it.” she turned to Sango and Miroku. “We have to get on top of one of those buildings. I know you’re human. So . . .I’ll carry one of you and Inuyasha can carry the other.”

“Wait . . .how do you know my name?” Inuyasha asked, looking at her confusedly.
“Didn’t . . .you tell me?” she asked just as confused.

“No, I didn’t.” Miroku and Sango exchanged a hopefully look but Kagome just shrugged.
“I must have heard on of your friend say it.” she said, taking Sango and slinging her on her back. “Come on. We don’t got all day.”

“It’s night.” Inuyasha said, putting Miroku on his back,.

“So?” she snapped, crouching and springing towards the tallest building in New York. Who would put it right in the middle of the city?

“There. See it?” she asked, putting Sango down at looking at the setting sun.

“See what?” Sango asked.

“Who are you exactly?” Kagome asked, looking at her with another studying glance.

“Sango Keskay.” Sango said, extending her hand.

“Kagome Higurashi.” she replied grinning, taking her hand and turning back to the horizon. “But don’t you see it?” the sun had now finally set . . .but the light remained.

“That light?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome nodded. “What’s it mean?”

“A war’s coming.” she whispered, looking around. Her eyes glowing slightly.

“War? What war?” Miroku asked confused. Wouldn’t Mikidori have said something about a war?

“A war of the worlds.”

“The worlds?” Inuyasha questioned, looking at her face and her glowing eyes.

“The demon and human world. You’re a demon . . .” she looked at him slightly. “Well half but still. Didn’t you hear the legend? The prophecy?”

“What prophecy?” Inuyasha asked confused, he hadn’t hear any prophecy!

“You don’t know!?” she all but screamed. Turning amazed and shocked blue eyes to him. “Good god. Ever demon on the planet knows! Didn’t you’re parents tell you!?”

“My parents are dead! I grew up without them!” he yelled back. His face was stoic, but his eyes betrayed the hurt he was feeling.

“Oh . . .” she whispered, looking down. “Sorry.”

“What about you’re parents?” he asked.

“My mom died during birth.” she whispered.

“Your dad?”

“He . . .well he wasn’t really much of a father.” she turned back to the sky, sighing as she looked out to the light. “I might as well tell you the prophecy then.” she said before any of them could comment on her parents.

“About 500 years ago a demon named Naraku was after a jewel that was under the protection of a miko named Kikyo.” she didn’t notice Inuyasha’s wince. “Kikyo was in love.” she snorted. “With a half demon whose name I can’t really remember. Naraku attacked her for this very reason . . .feeling that if he couldn’t have Kikyo then no one should. He cut a very deep gash into her right shoulder in the form of the hanyou she loved. Naraku then went and made the hanyou believe that Kikyo had betrayed him and he took the hanyou took the jewel from the village. Kikyo sealed him to a tree in Japan named the Goshinboku. He stayed there for 50 years while Naraku went into hiding.”

She turned to them now.

“This is a prophecy?” Inuyasha snapped.

“No, this is the legend. The prophecy comes after the legend.”

“Well . . .continue.” Miroku said waving a had at her.

“A miko from the future, the recarnation of Kikyo came to that time through a well. She unknowingly had the jewel in her body. She released the hanyou from the tree when a centipede demon tore out the jewel. She then accidentally shattered the jewel into a million --possibly more-- pieces. It was then her and the hanyou’s job to find all the pieces. Kikyo was revived by a demon and attacked the hanyou, claiming that he betrayed her. He of course denied it. He wanted to avenge Kikyo’s death by killing who ever it was that killed her. They had meet up with a small kitsune pup shortly after they started traveling.
“The three had gotten information from a monk whose name also escapes me that Naraku was the name of the demon. He was cures with a wind tunnel in his right hand. He --after a lot of arguing and accusing that the miko liked the monk more then she liked the hanyou himself-- started traveling with them.
“Soon after they met a demon slayer, whose name was . . .S . . Sa something. But anyways. Naraku made her believe that the hanyou was responsible for the death of her village. So after attacking him an realizing that Naraku was the person who killed her family and friends she joined them as well.
“So, the mismatched group of shard hunters traveled all over feudal Japan in search of Naraku and the jewel. Eventually they were joined by two male witched also from the miko’s time. They also helped in defeating Naraku.
“With the help of the witches, a wolf named Kouga, and the hanyou’s older brother, Sesshomaru --though no one really knows what they did exactly-- they defeated Naraku. The miko then vanished along with the jewel, the spirit of the jewel then appeared at took the male witches back to their time.”

Miroku and Sango gaped as she explained a great deal of their past . . .their past with her. Of course Inuyasha seemed unaffected. But he was grinning at the accusation that Kouga and Sesshomaru didn almost nothing. Which was true by the way.

“And the prophecy?” Sango asked.

“Shortly after Kikyo was killed and the hanyou was sealed to the tree a prophecy was made. A prophecy of a war that would evolve the entire human and demon population. A war against and evil that had been growing for centuries. Two demons, well one demon and a half demon, would be the source of power against this evil. No know knows if these powers are male or female, but the demon is said to have a silver crescent moon with a silver star between the two point on his/her neck. The half demon is supposed to have a golden star and crescent moon on the back of his or her neck. The star in between the two point like the demon’s marking.”

Miroku and Sango look to Inuyasha, Kagome follows their look.

“What?” she asked.

Inuyasha turns, and after pushing his hair out of the way and Sango pulled his collar down a gold star and crescent moon with the star between the points was on his neck.

“Oh my god,” Kagome whispered, looking sat him when he turned back around. “It’s you. You’re the other one.”

“Other one? You know the demon?” Miroku asked.

“Know her? I am her!” she cried, pulling her hair back and her collar down to show them the silver moon and star on her neck. “I always thought this was a birth mark, that the stupid prophecy was just that, a prophecy and that it wouldn’t come true. But apparently it is true.”

“What’s the rest of this prophecy?” Inuyasha asked impatiently.

“The two demons kill off the evil, and the demon population is revealed to humans. Of course the person who made the prophecy said that all demons would have to hide their identity eventually, I guess that was also right.”

“Well . . .” Miroku scratched his chin in thought. “Maybe we should head back to Japan.” he said to Sango and Inuyasha.

“Good idea.” Inuyasha nodded, “And you’re something with us.” he said to Kagome.

“Not happening.” she stood and started heading to the side of the building. “I have stuff here. Friends, work, a business I have to run. I am not going with anyone I just met got that?”

“But yet you say that this hanyou that you just met is overly hot.” Inuyasha said, standing and crossing his arms. Apparently he was regaining some part of his sanity with Kagome around. Hopefully he could keep it.

“Hey.” she turned and pointed at him. “I never asked you to listen in on my conversation.”

“I did anyways.”

“I aware of that thanks,”

“What do you even see in that Neko anyways?” Inuyasha asked her, walking slowly towards her.

“Tye. That Neko’s name is Tye.” she said, glaring.

“Well, what do you see in ‘Tye’ then?”

“Why do you care?”

“You’re opposite species. It wouldn’t work you know.”

“I don’t care. Tye’s a friend . . .with an over active imagination but a friend off the same.”

“Just a friend huh? You seemed to be a lot more then ‘friendly’ with him back at the club.”

“So?”

“So. He’s a cat.”

“And you’re a mutt. Now I’ll be leaving thank you,”

“You’re not going anywhere princess.” Inuyasha growled, grabbing her upper arm. She glared.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?” she snapped, “Let go of me before I’m forced to make you.”

“Good luck with that. You’re coming back with us wither you like it or not.”

“I am not, I’m staying here. If you’re so concerned about this war why don’t you stay here then huh?”

“That’s a good idea.” Miroku said, pinching Inuyasha’s wrist causing his hand to go lax.

“Hey!” Inuyasha snapped, shaking his hand and trying to get feeling back in his hand.

“Good, then stay in New York, but I-”

“We’ll have to stay with you though.” Miroku said, crossing his arms.

“What?”

“We were only visiting. But now it seems that we have to stay here. You wouldn’t mind if we brought our pack over would you?”

“You’re pack?” she was confused. “You expect me to house an entire pack?”

“It’s not that big.” Sango added. “Just me, Miroku, Inuyasha, Shippo, Wyatt and Chris would be coming over. Maybe Sesshomaru.”

“Sesshomaru? They guy from the legend?”

“Yeah. He’s Inuyasha’s older brother.” Miroku said and Inuyasha growled.

“Half brother guys. Get it right!”

“Wait . . .” she paused and thought for a minute. “Holy shit!” she exclaimed falling of her ass. “You guys are the people from the legend!”

“Yeah. Inuyasha was the hanyou, I’m the monk, and Sango was the demon slayer. Shippo was the kitsune pup. Chris and Wyatt were the witches.”

“Who was the miko?”

“You.” Inuyasha answered. Looking down. “You were the miko. Were being the key word. You vanished with the jewel the day we defeated Naraku, just like the legend says. But you along with Wyatt and Chris were sent to the future. Your memories of us and the battle was erased, along with the memories of anyone in the future who knew you.”

“But I’m youkai idiot. I can’t be a miko!”

“We don’t know how it happened, but you were Miko last time we saw you, and now you’re youkai. Again, we don’t know how it happened.”

“Why do you look so sad?” Kagome suddenly asked Inuyasha. “You look like me not remembering really hurts you somehow.”

“Well . . .” he just said that and shrugged, looking away.

“We were close weren’t we?” she asked, he looked at her and sighed.

“Possibly. . .”

“How close are we talking here?”

“Mates close . . .”

“ . . .” she blinked and her face flushed scarlet. “We were mates?” she squeaked, her voice small.

“Not yet . . .more like mates-to-be. You agreed to be my mate before the final battle with Naraku. But then right after you vanished.”

“Ah damn it.” she muttered, standing an looking away. “I feel like such an idiot right now.”

“If it helps any.” Inuyasha said grinning. “You were smarted then all of us.”
“Of Course I was. If I really an this miko you say I was then I would have been from the future. And then I would have had to go to school. So . . .I guess that would explain why I knew most of the shit in school.”

“So, are we staying at your place?” Miroku asked hopefully. Kagome gave him a dry look.

“I kinda have no choice.” she muttered, looking at the sky where the stars weren’t visible due to the neon lights of New York.

“How so?”

“If Inuyasha’s is my mate-to-be then he’s not really gonna wanna leave are you?”

“Damn right I’m not. There’s no way in hell I am going to leave you know. 500 years is enough time.”

“Oh can it would ya?” she snapped. “Sure, you guys can stay. Just . . .don’t get into my stuff.”

“Yes!” Sango said happily, hugging Miroku lightly. Kagome rolled her eyes and looked towards the club. Inuyasha could see the sadness in her eyes.

“You ok?” he whispered while Sango and Miroku chatted away. He was standing beside her now.

“No. I’m not.” she snapped. Glaring. “As far as I can remember I’ve been single. Then all of sudden bam! Someone tells me I’ve got a mate!”

“Mate-to-be.” Inuyasha corrected, shrugging. “And in all honesty I can understand if you wanted to keep as far a way from me as possible. If I was you and someone told me this I’d keep as far away from them as humanly . . .or demonly.” he added when he gave him a dry look. “As possible.”

“Well . . .I kinda think you’re crazy.”

“Oh I am.” he grinned. “500 years without you kinda made me lose my mind. Everyone assumed you have it. Cuz to be honest I’ve never been more sane. Really, I don’t think I’ve held a conversation this long that actually involves the topic of what ever I was talking about tin the first place.” she laughed a little and he smiled.

“So you really are insane?”

“As insane as they get. And I’m proud of it!”

“Ok . . .”

“Hey.”

“Yeah?”

“Do you like cheese?” he asked randomly, looking at her with all seriousness. She laughed and he looked confused. “What?”
“He told you he was crazy.” Sango said from behind her. “He really did go insane.”
“Oh shut up!” Inuyasha snapped. “I only asked if she liked cheese.”

“See.”

“Oh you all suck.”

“Inuyasha.”

“Yes?”
“Do you like cheese?” Kagome asked, a grin on her face. She didn’t expect him to answer.

“Yes I do.” he was nodding his head vigorously. “The most wonderful food invention next to ramen, Wait no, chocolate. I like chocolate . . .maybe cheesecake. Oh! Two favourite things in one! Aha! Humans are so smart, I could kiss who ever decided to put cheese and cake together! Absolutely fabulous, have you ever had it?” he didn’t give her a chance to answer. “You should, it wonderful. Ya know, I think I’m gonna get you some. Strawberry cheese cake. Wait no . . .apple cheese cake! That ones the best! Or . . .maybe the raspberry cheese cake. Or the-” he stopped when Sango covered his mouth, laughing. Though he didn’t really stop talking, it was just muffled and non-understandable.

“See. Crazy.”

“I guess he wasn’t lying when he said that he couldn’t hold a conversation on one thing for very long.”

“He wasn’t . . ,but that was the longest we’ve see him talk about one thing.”

“Ramen!” Inuyasha suddenly shouted, that one word got through Sango’s hand. He looked down at her confused. “Why are you covering my mouth?” he asked.

“You wouldn’t stop talking.”

“I do so know how to stop talking.” he said when she took her hand off his mouth. “If you told me to shut up I’d shut up. You wouldn’t even know I’m here. I swear to god I’d be so quiet you’d completely forget about me. It’s true. Don’t look at me like that! I swear I could if you told me to! I’d be so quiet y-”

“Shut up!” they all cried.

“Alright. I’ll be quiet. Seal my lips and throw away the key. You won’t even know I’m here. Just you watch, I swear you won’t know I’m here. I’ll-” Sango’s hand muffled his rambling.

“See.”

Kagome just laughed.

********************************************************* *************************************************
There, they told her, but that doesn’t mean she’s gonna remember right now. Anyways, Inuyasha still crazy . . .and completely random. I thought of the ‘I’ll stop talking’ thing when my brother did it when he was hyper off sugar. I thought it would be funny. I think it was at least.

Please review! Reviews Make me happy! I like being Happy!

~Hitsugaya630 . . .OUT!!! XD!!!!