InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Courtship ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sango and Kagome returned a little over an hour later. Inuyasha had finished his repairs on the roof and had disappeared but Kagome could sense him nearby and knew he was watching her. Sango knew that as well and she cracked at smile at all she had learned. Kagome helped Sango off Kirara then helped her into the hut. After that, she left, saying she wanted to check on Shippo and promised to visit her later that day.

Sango watched Kagome walk across the village and head to Kaede's hut. Only when she was sure Kagome wouldn't hear her, did Sango sigh. She had managed to convince Kagome to let Inuyasha continue courting her. It had taken the majority of the hour and the only reason she succeeded was because she had started crying. Sango may hate being overly emotional but it did come in useful occasionally.

Sango's smile turned into a scowl. Even if she did convince Kagome to let Inuyasha continued courting her, it didn't erase Kagome's fear that Inuyasha was doing so only because she looked like Kikyo. It was a bunch of nonsense to Sango but she knew it was just the opposite of Kagome. Only Inuyasha could erase that fear but how could he if he didn't know?

Sango looked over her shoulder and glanced at the screen that blocked the bedroom. She needed to talk to Miroku and see if he knew what to do.

Sango made her way to the screen and calmly pushed it aside. She was surprised to see him asleep. Her surprise quickly turned to anger. How could he sleep when Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship was in jeopardy? Fuming, Sango grabbed Miroku's staff that he had leaned against the door and made her way to the futon. Her eye twitched in annoyance when she reached it. She wanted to hit him with the staff but now that she reached him, she realized that doing so might cause her to lose her balance. She settled for roughly jabbing it in his diaphragm.

Miroku's breath came out in a rush and he instantly woke up and curled into a ball, coughing and trying to catch his breath. When he finally managed to take a decent amount of air, he raised his eyes to meet Sango's and had to hold back a moan of frustration. Sango was angry with him again and he didn't know what he did wrong.

"Sango-"

"You jerk," Sango interrupted. "How dare you sleep when Kagome is crying and Inuyasha is completely clueless about her insecurities? You call yourself a friend. I swear I should-"

Miroku stood up, surprising Sango and silencing her ranting. He quickly embraced her to keep her from recovering and after resting his chin on top of her head, he explained.

"I saw Inuyasha, and I talked to him."

Sango pulled away slightly and looked up at him.

"You did? What did you say?"

Miroku smiled. "I told him how to court her. I gave him some advice that should help him and if he doesn't screw it up, it should work."

Sango smiled and rested her head on his shoulders. Sometimes he could be so sweat.

"What advise did you give him?" she asked.

"Just an improved verson of what he was doing."

Sango sighed and relaxed against him before realizing what he had just said and who had just said it. She reared back and stared at him with a threatening look in her eyes. To him, an improved version meant wandering hands.

"What kind of improvement."

Miroku laughed and pulled Sango back to him. He tightened his arms around her and kissed the nap of her neck.

"I didn't tell him to grope her," he answered, "but some of the stuff I said are a bit more daring, though not as much as the claws."

Sango chuckled before yawning. Miroku smiled when he felt the motion against his shoulder and pulled away from her so he could help her out of her cloths and into her yukata. Without a word, he pulled her to the futon and waited until she was rested on her side before spooning against her with his hand rested on her stomach. Sango sighed in content and relaxed against him.

Miroku was almost asleep when Sango's voice shyly broke the silence.

"Miroku?"

Miroku's brows furrowed in frustration.

"Yes, Sango."

"I'm hungry."

Miroku couldn't stop the moan that escaped his throat and he buried his face in Sango's hair.

"Please Miroku," Sango begged. "Get me something to eat and then I'll let you sleep."

"What do you want?"

Sango smiled, "Plums."

Again Miroku moaned. They didn't have any plums, which meant he would have to go to the fruit tree in the forest. He knew by the time he would get back, Sango would be asleep and if he didn't go get them, or have them when she woke up, she would either yell at him or start crying. He wanted neither.

"I'll be right back."

Miroku told her as he started to rise but before he could, Sango cupped the back of his head and pulled him toward her. She gave him a soft kiss on the lips before sweetly smiling at him.

"Thank you."

Miroku sighed but smiled back and with much less reluctance, he went to get her the plums.

AN: Sorry that I didn't get this chapter up sooner. I actually had it written but we remolded my bedroom Saturday and my computer ended up in the garage and when I managed to get to a computer, my notebook ended up missing. I finally found it but now I'm sick from sleeping under an open window all night so I might not be able to update for a while after this chapter. Sorry. I'm also sorry that this chapter is so short and I'm not sure I really like it but it fits with the time frame. Next chapter will be Inuyasha's first attempted on human courtship