InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Fades to Dawn ❯ Clubbin' ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Clubbin


Misery watched as Kagome placed different outfits on the bed for them to try on. They would have to choose their clothing to accommodate the arsenal they would be packing. She had slipped away while the miko was sorting clothes, to gather weapons out of the arms room. She kept her own stock in her room, so it was not difficult to carry the duffel bag with Kagome's and Sango's weapons. Shippo had passed her in the hallway near the lab, apparently he was gathering weapons for the guys as well. She had wanted to ask him about his meeting with Sesshoumaru but only managed to stand in awkward silence. Misery was worried about any repercussions for her actions the kitsune may have endured. Eventually he he had given her a quick hug of reassurance before continuing in silence towards his own quarters.

Her thoughts were brought back to the girls when they began chatting about the clothing. The taijiya was currently looking a little overwhelmed by the selection that they had and sent a questioning look at her. Leaving Kagome to fuss over the clothes, Misery asked Sango to help unload the bag. The relieved girl when straight to work pulling out some smaller guns, knifes and the barrier throwing stars or shuriken that Miroku had helped develop. Finishing that task she found they still had plenty of time to prepare for the evening so Misery was content to relax on the bed .

They were soon immersed in conversation about the night before. Misery and Kagome were enjoying teasing the Sango about Miroku and their passionate dance around the fire. Sango was blushing terribly, mortified about her behaviour. To take some pressure off of herself she began to question Kagome about Inuyasha.

“How about you Kagome, anything you want to tell us?” Sango asked.

Kagome quickly tried to change the subject as she pulled up another outfit for them to inspect.

“Woo you dog! Something good must have happened! You sure do look red Kags. A little smoochy smoochy, playing around in the dark were we! Haa, you go girl!” Misery chuckled noting the effect of her words.

“Well , I might have had more to talk about if 'someone' hadn't came back to camp so soon!” Kagome giggled then at the shocked look on the others faces.

“I slept through all of that.” Sango looked somewhat disappointed.

“I don't believe this! Our shy little Kagome is turning into a wildcat. Inuyasha better look out or you'll be sinking your claws into him!” Misery laughed harder.

X-X-X-X-X

Meanwhile, Inuyasha was more than willing to get out of his own predicament. How he had come to be trapped in this suffocating office, he didn't know. Sesshoumaru was looking just as uncomfortable in his office chair. Inuyasha was wondering if he had heard the question correctly.

“Inuyasha, do you intend to acquire Kagome as your mate?” The older youkai had asked.

“Feh! What the hell are you talking about?” He had grumbled in slight humiliation.

“ Has she accepted you to bed her?”

“What's it to you?”

“I think it would be wise for you to hurry your... 'conquest'. It will be easier to keep tabs on the girl if she is mated to you. Cernonnus will have a more difficult time breaking the bond between you then.” Sesshoumaru took up a casual stance as he stood, turning his back from his brother to stare out the window.

Inuyasha was nervous at the direction the conversation was going. He quickly crossed his arms and leaned back into the door frame in a poor attempt to appear calm and collected.

“You have known this girl for some time now. Surely you have managed a courtship of sorts. Her scent reveals some inappropriate actions if you are not courting.”

“What are you getting at Sesshoumaru?” Inuyasha's voice became hard and cold as he responded to the accusations.

“You know very well what I'm getting at. It is highly unacceptable for you to be spending the nights with her if you do not intend to make her your mate. You would be wise to make your decision soon.”

“It's my decision and I'll make it when I damn well choose!” He grumbled back.

Sesshoumaru paused for a moment, still seemingly interested more in the scenery than the conversation.

“How do you plan on going about... courting?” He asked his younger brother.

Inuyasha was about to begin another rant on him, when he caught the subtle twist to the question. This perhaps was not an issue about him after all, but rather an attempt of Sesshoumaru's to find a way to approach Misery. Smirking, he leaned back into the wall gauging his brother's reactions to his words.

“I get it. Sesshoumaru, maybe you should be asking Shippo this. He has more experience than anyone here. I think Miroku's lecherous ways made an impression on him as a young kit.”

Inuyasha watched as the great taiyoukai's shoulders tensed, flawing his uncaring image when he realized his plan had been discovered. Turning to face him, Sesshoumaru's face was still as impassive as always but a thin bead of sweat was evident on his brow.

“Tis not a discussion this Sesshoumaru would have with him!”

“Why is that? I'm as dumb as you obviously are when it comes to women. But Shippo, he's apparently got quite a way with women. He's told Miroku and I plenty of stories in the past weeks.” Inuyasha was beginning to enjoy this now. He never thought in a million years that his phlegmatic and all knowing brother would be asking him for advice. In truth, the youkai didn't actually ask but had successfully steered the conversation his way.

“Forget it. This Sesshoumaru needs no one. I am not so weak as you.”

“Feh! Having someone to protect doesn't make you weak.” Inuyasha understood his reluctance to trust. The misgivings his brother felt towards their father was likely the cause behind his reluctance towards Misery.

“You sound just like father.” The disdain was evident in Sesshoumaru's voice.

“Do you really think he was weak?” Inuyasha asked carefully.

“Of course he was. His death was caused by that 'mother' of yours. Father was the strongest of all youkai until then. Pathetic.” Sesshoumaru spat.

Inuyasha desperately clung to his sword, fighting the urge to run his brother through at the mention of his mother. But, Kagome's words from long ago came to mind, calming his anger. She had explained Sesshoumaru's dislike for him was a reaction to the hurt of his parent's separation. Finally shaking his anger, he attempted one more time.

“Love does not always sacrifice life. Kagome has saved mine countless times. I protect her because she is the air I breath; the blood that runs through my veins. Without her, I am nothing.”

“It amazes me how much you resemble 'him'.” Sesshoumaru spoke quietly as he turned back to face the window. “He loved 'her' very much. I never understood what could be so important for him to risk everything. That day... he asked me if I had someone to protect. I came to detest that word. It epitomized his greatest weakness and now you tell me it is your greatest strength. It's true isn't it? I have tried to deny myself that knowledge but I knew my mistake the moment I saw Kagome with you. You mastered every technique of your fang so that she would be safe. Your strength comes from ensuring her protection.”

Inuyasha only watched cautiously as his brother turned and walked towards him. Sesshoumaru came to stand before him, a mix of confusion and raw emotion churning in his eyes.

“How could I, the great Inu no Taisho of the Western Lands, have been so blind?” He asked.

Inuyasha smirked before replying with a shrug of his shoulders. “Feh! Who knows. Maybe your stupidity comes from that bitch you call mother!”

X-X-X-X-X

Shippo glanced over at Inuyasha who was looking very ill. The music, lights and smells were having a negative effect on the hanyou. He was still unaccustomed to the modern era. Leaning over he gave him to advice on how to dull the affects of the club.

“And remember Inuyasha, you have to turn the ear plugs on or they won't filter the music out!”

“Thanks.”

Scanning the room he still saw no sign of the girls. They had taken two smaller vehicles stocked with an arsenal of weapons rather than the limousine. This was necessary in case they needed to make a hasty retreat. He did another check to ensure his guns were still in place under his jacket. The four of them had all donned coats to conceal the weapons they carried with them. Miroku and he had opted for leather jackets as they only needed to cover the shoulder holsters. Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha had required trench coats to hide their swords. Thankfully, Shippo had known the owner of the establishment and been granted access through a side door. This allowed them entrance without being checked at the front. Misery was also known to the owner so the girls and she would be coming through the same door.

Finally, as if on cue the girls came strolling in. Shippo watched from their second floor table as they made their way toward the staircase. He looked back at his companions and nodded towards the girls. He watched in mild amusement as the three lovestruck males got their first glances of them. Each wore a look of appreciation until they noticed the admiring looks from the other men causing their faces to scowl with possessive ire.

Kagome savored the rush of energy in the club when they entered. Smiling with excitement, she led the way, perfectly comfortable on the high heels she was wearing. The tight fighting dress accentuated every curve of her body barely hiding the sutra etched shuriken strapped to her thigh. Curls framed her face before blue eyes popped making her picture perfect. Her cross bow was folded and obscured in her over sized handbag. Sango followed in a pastel dress that flared at the hip, also successfully covering her two Punishers, securely fastened to her thighs. Heeled sandals gave her legs even more length drawing the eyes up to her small waist and bare shoulders. Her hair was pulled back in her trademark ponytail, giving her a bit of beach appeal. Misery followed behind the others in a floor length black gown split on each side up to her hips. Knee high boots hid two short blade swords while studded wrist bands and numerous Celtic cross necklaces disguised small shuriken and kunai. Her Gothic appearance and scowling face stated a very clear 'don't mess with me'.

Kagome bounced up the stairs oblivious of the men who were sending her 'come hither' looks. She rocked slightly to the beat as she made her way through the crowd towards the table. Sango followed closely suspiciously eying everyone who looked at her. The crowd separated slightly to let the angry looking Misery pass by unheeded. All the girls grabbed a seat when they finally made it to the table. Misery was scowling as she slid in next to Shippo.

“Why do you look so pissed?” He asked.

“Damn traffic light turned red when I was going through. Bloody cop was parked around the corner. He gave ME a ticket! If Kagome would have showed some cleavage we could of gotten out of it!” She fumed, crossing her arms and giving the other girl a dirty look.

“Aww, come on Miss. It wasn't that bad.” Kagome half shouted over the music. Squirming closer to Inuyasha, she leaned over to talk to Misery missing his sharp inhale of breath when she pressed her hand on his thigh for balance.

“Frig! I've never had a ticket before!” She pouted.

Sesshoumaru made a mental note to find out the name of the offending officer and have a 'chat' with him. Misery would not have to worry about the ticket by tomorrow evening.

“Mmm, sorry to hear about your trouble, but alas I see some beauties over there who are dying to meet me!” Shippo smirked devilishly as he got out of his seat sending a knowing look at Sesshoumaru as he passed.

“Traitorous pervert!” Misery yelled out; eyes twinkling as she watched him work his magic on the young women. He was always after the pretty ones! She glanced up noticing the waitress was taking drink orders. Quickly she added her own to the list.

“Dance?” Kagome suggested as she shouted to Sango and Misery.

“What the hell, it'll take her fifteen to get our drinks anyway.” Misery stood and found she had to press herself against Sesshoumaru in order to squeeze out the opposite direction towards the dance floor. She wasn't prepared for the bolt of energy that surged through her when they touched. Glancing up in shock, she found her eyes locked to his fiery amber ones. Uncomfortable over the stirring of emotion the sensation caused, she quickly averted her eyes and pushed passed him.

Sesshoumaru's amber eyes were heated as her hips swayed seductively away from him. What was that fire that surged through him when her body brushed past his? The look in her eyes for that one brief moment was not what he had expected. What was the meaning of all this? Perhaps his emotions were not betraying him. Those haunting eyes promised passion for a split second before the wariness returned to them once more. He had his work cut out for him if he was to learn from Inuyasha's words earlier.

Inuyasha watched in fascination as the girls danced together in a small circle. Kagome's movements hypnotized him in a way he never thought possible. His thigh was on fire from were her warm fingers had pressed into it. He felt his arousal begin as she rocked back and forth to the music; the dress clinging to her curves making every movement alluring. He growled when he noticed a group of males that had come to stand at the edge of the crowd also watching in attraction. A few of them ventured onto the floor, attempting to gain the attention of the girls. As he stood and prepared to storm over there, his eyes caught Miroku making his way onto the dance floor. Not to be outdone by the monk, he quickly followed suit leaving an angry looking Sesshoumaru to watch the events unfold.

Sango had been unsure when they first pulled her onto the floor but following Kagome's lead she was soon moving in time with the beat. She smiled and laughed as Misery and Kagome twirled each other around before breaking out into separate moves. She was so lost in the dancing that she hadn't noticed the four guys that had come to encircle them, not until one had grabbed her by the wrist and spun her around.

“Hey gorgeous! What's your name?” The attractive man had asked.

“Um, Sango.” She replied shyly, not wishing to be rude.

“You and you're friends are looking hot! My crew would love to take you three up to the VIP room. Whaddaya say?”

“I'm not sure.” Sango was now weary of the predatory glint in his eyes. She tried to politely pull her arm from his grasp only to have him tighten his grip. She turned questioning eyes towards her friends, finding they were in similar situations. Not wanting to create a scene, she decided to give him one more chance to leave before she used force.

Miroku was half way down the stairs when the man grabbed Sango. Anxiously he hurried towards the culprit convinced he was likely trying to win Sango's favor. When he finally reached the floor he noticed that the man forcibly pulling Sango towards the crowd. Rage coursed through his veins when Sango's eyes met his. The man was not trying to win her, he was trying to assault her. Before she could land a punch, he reached the other grabbing him by the shoulder and aggressively pulled him around. Sango was released in the motion and she was left to watch in awe as Miroku brought his first up and punched the man in the face sending him falling backwards. The monk was quick to pull a blushing Sango to him taking her by the hand he led her back to their seats.

Inuyasha smirked nearing the floor as he watched the monk send one of their foes flying. The man touching Kagome could not hope to be as lucky. His trench coat fanned out behind him as he launched himself over a table, landing in front of Kagome and her oppressor. Cracking his knuckles menacingly and baring his fangs he snarled at the man. He relished the moment the man's face went from outrage to terror. Grabbing him by the throat and lifting him clear off the ground, he brought him inches from his own face before growling his threat.

“No one touches what is mine!”

In one fluid movement he threw the man, watching apathetically when he connected with the wall and sunk to the floor. Lifting Kagome to his arms he prepared to follow after Miroku, ignoring her pleas to put her down. A noise beside him caught his attention before he moved.

CRACK!

He cursed himself for momentarily forgetting Misery. He turned to watch in admiration as she laid out two of the men with humiliating ease. One brutal punch and a forcible kick sent the pair crying from the club. She puffed past him leaving an indignant trail of curses behind her. Kagome had squirmed as she past and cuffed him on the head. Reluctantly he set her down, but kept a hand firmly on her elbow as he led her up the stairs.

Reaching their seats, Inuyasha guided Kagome in beside Miroku and threw a possessive arm over her shoulders when he sat. He smirked as Misery collected her drink from the waitress then practically crawled over Sesshoumaru to sit with her back against the wall. He did not miss his brother's discomfort when she slid across his lap. His own face suddenly flushed when Kagome's hand candidly grasped his thigh once more as she leaned to take her drink from the waitress. Eyes dueled with Sesshoumaru's when he looked up; silently they dared one another to say anything about their own embarrassment. Finally they came to a mutual agreement to both keep their mouths shut and save themselves from mortification.

“Of all the idiotic jackasses out there! PIGS! I hope those pricks hurt for the next month!” Misery cursed after she downed half her drink.

“Shall I cut them down?” Sesshoumaru asked eerily, his hand on the hilt of his sword as he stood.

Kagome spit her drink onto the table as she and the other girls turned to stare at him in horror. Misery recovered first offering him a weak smile, her eyes still wide in shock.

“Um no thanks. I doubt they'll be trying anything like that soon.”

“As you wish.” He nodded curtly before sitting; secretly hoping for her permission. He had used all the control he could muster as he had watched her kick their asses. Wanting to stay indifferent around her until she had warmed up to him, he had stayed at the table and waited until she needed help.


X-X-X-X-X


Misery waited outside the restrooms for Kagome and Sango to finish up. Smiling she spied the backs of the guys at the table. It had taken the persuasion of all three girls for permission to travel to the washrooms alone. Detached, she watched the crowd as they partied and danced the night away. A cold feeling crept over her causing the hair on the back of her neck to rise as if someones eyes were boring into her neck. A hand clamped down painfully on her shoulder as she was spun around and tossed ruthlessly into the concrete wall behind her. Opening her eyes, she stared into the deathly glare of an oni contractor. A glance towards the bathroom revealed that two more sinister creatures had come to stand on either side of the door.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” The contractor said.

Misery went to protest, but a hand clamped around her throat, making it impossible for her to talk.

“Now now. We mustn't make a scene! You've been such a bad girl sending the boss on a merry chase around the world. Besides, Cernonnus is paying me good money to bring you back. Now behave and I promise that your friends will make it back to their table in one piece.” His rancid breath was hot on her cheek as he growled in her ear.

Fearing matters would soon escalate, she nodded in agreement and allowed them to drag her out. Not willing to risk any harm coming to her friends she decided that it was best if she left now before Kagome and Sango came out. She needed extra time to get rid of the contractors and she hoped the girls would search for her in the crowds. Suddenly she was thankful that she had tucked her short blade swords in her knee high boots. She might go willingly outside with them but they were in for a fight as soon as they were alone. Never would she willingly go to Cernonnus and he was a fool if he thought she would.