InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 3
 
Sesshomaru was getting frustrated. He had been searching for the meaning of the medallion but he has been unable to find it. His time was running out as the ningen would be waking up soon and he needed to get back to observe what was going to happen.
 
He had read the book on miko's again and knew what he had to do. He had gotten a special place ready for them where he could train her to control her powers. He was determined to make her his mate and no one was going to stop him.
 
He had personally moved everything he would need to this place. He didn't want anyone at the castle to know where he was going. He had told Rin that she was to behave and that he would be gone for a while. He promised to return to her as soon as possible.
 
The little girl was sad to see him leave but he had no choice. Right now his interest were on this ningen female. He never thought that finding a mate would take up so much of his time. No wonder he never wanted to find a mate. He could be doing other things right now like finding Naraku and killing him. But his interests were elsewhere at the moment and he was content with that. Naraku will just have to wait.
 
He left his castle as he headed toward the human village. He wanted to get there before his brother and his group left on their journey. He knew that he could find them if he had to but the way his brother was acting towards the girl worried him.
 
He had no intention on relinquishing his claim on the girl at the moment. He wanted to see what she wanted and then he would go from there. He had high hopes that he could convince her to be his mate. He had to handle her with care though, his brother had belittled her for so long that the girls self esteems is very low.
 
He wanted to show her that she could be very desirable. He also wanted to show her that she was a very strong person if she just had a little more training to show her how to control her powers. He was willing to teach her how to do this.
 
His time for thinking was over. He had arrived at the village where his brother was currently located. He saw him pacing back and forth outside the hut, as he looked agitated. He wondered why he was like this when he saw her coming out of the hut to join her friends.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome had woken up that morning to find that Inuyasha was still sitting next to her. She really didn't want to deal with him right now as she slowly got up from the futon and made her way outside. She yawned and stretched her tired body, as she felt dirty from not bathing. She wanted a bath as she walked toward the river.
 
As she was walking she was thinking about everything that has happened. She just didn't know what she wanted or what she was going to do. She was very confused at the moment.
 
When she reached the river she quickly took off her clothes and got in. The water was cold but she didn't care. She felt dirty and wanted to get cleaned. Once she was done she got dressed as she sat by the river and saw the sun rising over the horizon.
 
The sunrise was beautiful as the sky looked like it was painted orange and red. She always liked looking at the sunrise as she admired its beauty. She sighed as she said in a low voice. “If only I looked that good.”
 
“But you do look that good.” Said another voice from behind her.
 
Kagome jumped at the sudden voice of Inuyasha as he approached. He sat down next to her as he said, “You do look beautiful Kagome. You have always been beautiful. Its that I have never told you that before.”
 
When Kagome had recovered enough from her initial shock she asked in a low voice, “Inuyasha, what are you doing here?”
 
She saw his ears go down to his head as he said, “I woke up this morning and you were gone. I came looking for you to make sure that you are all right. I don't want to lose you Kagome.”
 
“Inuyasha you know that I can protect myself. You are acting weird and I wish you would back off. I understand that your brother attacked me a few days ago but I wasn't hurt and that's the good thing. I don't think he is going to come after me again so don't worry about me.” Kagome tried to be gentle but she saw that she had hurt his feelings. Now he knew how she felt every time he ran off to be with Kikyou.
 
“Come on Inuyasha lets go back to the others.” Said Kagome as she got up from the ground and started to walk back to Kaede's hut.
 
When they got there everyone was looking for her as she said her morning greetings. She had never experienced her friends being so worried about her. She guessed that getting attacked by Sesshomaru had gotten everyone upset.
 
Inuyasha was hanging back as he watched with interest. He would have to give in to her desires for the moment, but he was not giving up on her. He would prove to her that he could protect her against anyone.
 
He had told her that he cared for her and for a long time he had known that she loved him. She loves him as a hanyou and he was content to be one for her. He saw as the girls went into the hut to get the food ready. Once they had all eaten they were leaving again to find more jewel shards.
 
Inuyasha was waiting for the girls to come out of the hut. He was irritated because they were taking so long to get their stuff together so they could leave. He sometimes thought that they were doing it on purpose to see if he would lose his temper.
 
Under normal circumstances he would but right now he was behaving for Kagome. He wanted to show her that he could be patient even though it was not one of his strong points.
 
Finally the girls came out of the hut as they all set off to find more jewel shards. The group moved toward the north. They had heard of a powerful demon in that area and they thought that it was a jewel shard that was doing it.
 
They were moving fast through the area as Kagome was riding on Inuyasha's back and Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were riding Kilala. It took them three days to get to the area where the demon was located.
 
During the trip Inuyasha had not gone off to be with Kikyou. They had seen the soul collectors in the sky and Inuyasha just ignored them.
 
Kagome thought that maybe he had changed his ways and he was willing to show her how he really felt. She thought about giving him another chance to see if he had really changed.
 
They would go off on walks together and just talk. He was opening up to her and she was finally happy. She thought that maybe she really did have a chance with him without Kikyou interfering with their lives.
 
It has been some of the happiest days she had ever spent with Inuyasha. He was attentive to all her needs and he had stopped picking on Shippo.
 
On one of the nights before they reached the area where the demon was located, Kagome and Inuyasha were sitting down next to each other just quietly talking. Kagome stiffened when she felt two jewel shards heading in their direction at a really fast pace.
 
Inuyasha seeing what Kagome was doing picked his nose up into the air as he caught the scent of wolves. He started to growl as he stood just moments before the wolf prince came out of his tornado cloud and was standing there looking at Kagome.
 
Kagome sighed, `Why does he have to come around right now? I was just enjoying my time with Inuyasha. He is even worse than Kikyou when it comes to interfering with what she wanted to do.'
 
Kagome noticed that Inuyasha was growling and flexing his claws at Koga. He was standing in front protecting her when the wolf walked towards her. He stopped as he eyed Inuyasha then he turned his attention to Kagome and said, “Ah Kagome. I smelled your sweet scent in the area and I came to pay you a visit. It has been a long time since I have seen you.”
 
Kagome paled at his comment but she didn't have to answer as she heard Inuyasha say, “Well now that you have seen her you can leave.”
 
She knew that the fight was about to start as Koga insulted Inuyasha. “What mutt face? I can come and see my woman any time I want. I have to make sure that you are protecting her because if you're not then she is going to come with me.”
 
“She is not your woman! When will you get that through your thick skull! She will never belong to you wolf so back off.” Said Inuyasha in a huff.
 
They were about to get in a fight when Kagome stepped in and said, “Stop it! I don't want you two to fight.” The two demons never paid attention to her as they started toward each other.
 
Kagome temper flared as her powers were released, she sent both of them flying 10 feet away from each other as they landed with a thud on the ground. She was pissed beyond reason right now and she wanted this to end.
 
“Koga I want you to listen to what I'm saying because I'm only going to say it once. I'm not your woman, got that! I have never held any feelings for you. I will never be your woman nor do I desire being your woman. You have Ayame. You were promised to her when you were kids and you need to keep your promise.” She saw as Koga backed down from the girl. She had hurt him when she sent them flying through the air.
 
She then turned her attention to Inuyasha and said, “And you, you need to learn to control that temper of yours. You know that I will never accept Koga as a mate and your acting like I have. I'm tired of everyone telling me what to do. I'm tired of you two always fighting for no reason. Now if you both don't back off right now, then I will have to purify your ass and that will end this fight.”
 
Kagome turned and went into the forest as she went to cool off. Both Inuyasha and Koga looked at each other and wondered where she had gotten that power. They had never seen her that angry before as Koga got up from the ground and left the area.
 
Koga had never seen Kagome so upset and he wanted to be far away from her before she purified him. He knew that if anyone could make that threat a reality it would be her. He would let the dog turd deal with her as he traveled back to his wolf pack. There will be another day when he would come back and take her away. She was his and no one was going to take her away from him.
 
He had other business to take care of first. They were still searching for Naraku and that had priority right now.
 
They had left Kagome alone until she came back from the forest. She was calm as she went to her sleeping bag and went to sleep.
 
Inuyasha upon seeing her return breathed a sigh of relief. He had thought that she might have gone back to her time again. He didn't say a word to her. He just sat there in silence as he watched her sleep. He never left her side even when he saw Kikyou soul collectors in the area.
 
The next morning the group was moving toward the area where the demon was last known to be. When they reached the area they all moved with caution. They didn't know if this demon possessed jewel shards so they were keeping their senses open.
 
Kagome stopped in her tracks as she sensed a jewel shard near by. She turned to her friends as she said, “Inuyasha there are four jewel shards in that direction. The demon is going to be very powerful to defeat.”
 
Inuyasha ran forward, grabbed Kagome, as he put her on his back. The rest of the group followed as they raced to find the jewel shards before Naraku got a hold of them.
 
They came upon the demon that possessed the shards. It was just like Kagome had said this demon was very powerful and they were having a hard time trying to take it down.
 
Kagome was staying out of harms way by staying in the forest as the others fought with the demon. She felt so worthless having to always be protected by the others as they fought. She saw her friends go down as she rushed out and locked an arrow into place.
 
She was going to take her shot when the demon turned towards her. He was about to attack when an arrow was fired at the demon as it grazed its arm. The demon turned toward the person who had fired that arrow as he changed direction to attack the person who had injured him.
 
Kagome notice that it was Kikyou that had fired that arrow and had gotten the demon attention. She was about to be attacked when she saw Inuyasha move to protect her.
 
Kagome knew that Inuyasha would always protect her as the demon turned and took a swipe at her. She saw it coming as she moved quickly out of the way of the attack.
 
Shippo who had been standing right behind Kagome was caught completely off guard when his protector moved and he didn't. He was knocked into the forest as Kagome became enraged at seeing the kit getting attacked.
 
“You bastard! How dare you hurt my pup!” Yelled Kagome as she released her arrow. Her arrow carried a lot of power with it and instead of purifying the demon it exploded. Everyone was caught in the blast, as Kagome was swept up and thrown into the forest.
 
Inuyasha had managed to protect Kikyou when they landed a good distance away from where the demon was located. He woke up thinking it was Kagome that he was holding in his arms. When he looked down he noticed that it was Kikyou. A sinking feeling started to form in his stomach as he failed to protect Kagome from harm.
 
He released Kikyou as he made his way back to where the demon was located. He looked everywhere for Kagome but he couldn't find her. He spotted Miroku and Sango coming back into the clearing as he asked, “Have either of you seen Kagome?”
 
Sango and Miroku looked at each other then they turned toward Inuyasha and said, “You were suppose to be protecting her, where is she?”
 
Inuyasha paled at their statement. Yes he was supposed to be protecting Kagome but he had protected Kikyou instead. They all ran off into the forest trying to find Kagome. Inuyasha had picked up on her scent as they all rushed to where she was.
 
When they got to the area where she was located the only thing they found were her blood soaked clothes. They were torn to shreds and her blood was everywhere. They searched the entire area but they never found her body.
 
Everyone broke down and cried. They had failed to protect Kagome and now she was dead.
 
Inuyasha was the one who was feeling it the most. He had failed to protect her and now she was gone forever. He collapsed on the ground as he started to cry. If he had not saved Kikyou, Kagome would still be with him. He let out a thunderous howl of agony as he revealed his feelings for the girl.
 
He will never get to see her again and it was his fault. He had gone back on his word to her and now she was gone. They went back and collected the jewel shards from the area where they fought the demon.
 
They couldn't go on with the shard hunt as they all headed back toward Kaede's village. They would have to tell the old woman what had happen. This was by far the worst thing that they would have to tell her.
 
Sango and Miroku refused to talk to Inuyasha. He had broken his word in order to protect Kikyou. It was his fault that Kagome was gone and they made their feeling known.
 
Inuyasha was effectively cast out from his pack. He had failed to protect them and he deserved their punishment. He left the group as he traveled alone. He would have to go back to Kagome's time and tell her mother what had happened.
 
He didn't know if he could ever face her mother. He had promised to protect her daughter and he had broken his word to her. `I'm such a fool. I let Kikyou get in the way of me protecting Kagome now she's gone and I don't know what to do.'
 
Once the group reached Kaede's village they told everyone what had happened. The whole village mourned the death of the miko. She was their protector and now she was gone.
 
Inuyasha had gone into the forest as he stayed away from everyone. He was sitting in the god tree as he mourned his loss. He was looking up into the sky as he saw the sun setting over the horizon. He remembered how Kagome would love to sit and watch the sun go down.
 
She always said that the sunsets and sunrises were much more beautiful here in his time than in hers. With all the high buildings she had in her time she could never see the sunset very clearly. That's why she loved it here.
 
Inuyasha continued to think about Kagome as he saw the soul collectors calling to him. He sighed he was not going to Kikyou right now. She was the cause of what happened and he had let her manipulate him into not protecting Kagome.
 
He sat there and mourned the death of Kagome. He was wondering where were the jewel shards that she was wearing. They would have been scattered all over the place and they would have to start anew. But he would rather have Kagome by his side with no jewel shards than have jewel shards with no Kagome.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had been following the group since they left the village. He really didn't like for his intended to have her legs wrapped around his brother like that. He had to keep his emotions in check as he continued to observe the group as they traveled.
 
He noticed as the ningen and his brother would go off into the woods to just sit and talk. He saw as the girl was actually enjoying her time with his brother. `Something must have happened for the girl to show interest in Inuyasha. Has he somehow professed his love for the girl? Has she accepted his offer to let him court her?'
 
Sesshomaru didn't like where these thought were taking him. He had an interest in the girl and he wanted her as his own.
 
On the second day nothing much had happened. The girl was keeping her distance from his brother as they continued to travel. This pleased him because at least it meant that she was taking a moment to evaluate where all this was going. She couldn't figure him into the equation because she didn't know he was interested in her.
 
That evening he saw as the ningen and his brother were talking together by the fire. They were not alone and the rest of the group was in the clearing with them. He heard a noise off in the distance as he felt a demon coming their way.
 
The ningen knew who it might have been because she had a worried look on her face. He saw his bother stand as he placed himself in front of the girl to protect her. He heard in clear inu youkai language, “Damn wolf!”
 
A demonic tornado appeared in the clearing and he was ready to go in and grab the girl if she was going to be in any danger. He saw a wolf demon come out of the tornado as he confronted his brother. His brother must know this wolf demon for they were in a heated argument over the girl.
 
They were about to attack each other when the girl got in between them. She didn't want them to fight as she told them both to stand down. When they wouldn't listen, her anger flared. He saw, for the first time, the kind of power she held within her. She had knocked both his brother and the wolf off their feet and sent them about 10 feet away from each other.
 
He was glad to hear that she had no interest in the wolf but he saw the look of determination on the wolf's face as he left. He knew that he would come after the girl again and the next time he would not back down.
 
It was well into the night before the girl returned to camp. He had been watching her as she sat in the forest and cried. He hated to see her cry, if it would have been anyone else he wouldn't have cared but since is was her he wished that she would stop.
 
He saw her get up and walk to a near by stream. She kneeled as she washed her face of all the tears she had shed. She sat for a long while not moving as she watched the stars up above. Then he heard a deep sigh as she got up and went back towards her friends.
 
He followed as he watched her curl into this thing that looked like a blanket and fall asleep. His brother was awake and keeping an eye on her. He settled on the tree branch he was on as he watched her sleep. `She looks like an angel while she sleeps. Her face is so innocent.'
 
He imagined what it would be like to wake up to her each morning. Then he stopped his musing as he thought. `I only want her to bare my pup. I have no intentions of having her stay with me once the pup is full-grown. It makes no sense in keeping her. She is just a human and not my equal.'
 
But his emotions were surfacing again as he thought about the girl. He had learned so much about her in the last few days. She has a certain quality that he has yet to find in any other demoness.
 
He shook his head in order to clear it as he rested on the tree branch. He had yet to figure out what he was going to do. He decided to keep following them until he made up his mind. He had to weigh all of his options before he made a decision.
 
The next morning the group got up and left the area still heading north. The sun was high in the sky when he heard the girl say that the jewel shard was close by and that the demon had four of them.
 
He followed as his brother and his friends engaged the demon with the jewel shards while the girl was in the safety of the forest. Then he saw his brother go down as the wench stepped out of the safety of the forest with her arrow locked into place.
 
He saw as another arrow was fired at the demon and looked to see his brothers dead miko come into the battle. He watched with interest to see what was going to happen.
 
The demon went after the dead miko as his brother moved to protect her. It left the ningen wide open for an attack, as he got to his feet ready to leap into the battle. The girl dodged the attack as it caught the kit and sent him into the forest.
 
The girls anger reached maximum as she yelled, “How dare you hurt my pup!” She let go of her arrow and the arrow held so much power that instead of purifying the demon he exploded.
 
Sesshomaru didn't waste any time as he leaped into the air trying to get to the girl to protect her. He was caught in the blast along with the girl as they went flying into the forest.
 
They landed a long way from where the battle was being fought. He had hit the ground hard as he was trying to breath and regain his strength. He was hurt but his main concern right now was to find the ningen.
 
He lifted his nose up into the air and caught the scent of her blood. There was a lot of it which meant she was hurt bad. He struggled to his feet as he made his way to her location. After a few minutes of walking he found her.
 
The girl was covered in blood and her clothes were torn to shreds. The only thing that remained whole was the white cloth that she had under her Kimono. It covered her nice full breast and her female parts very well as he approached.
 
He heard her faint heartbeat and breathed a sigh of relief. She was still alive. This was his chance to take the girl. His brother had made his choice when he protected the dead miko over this one.
 
He reached down as he removed what little she had left of her clothes. He made sure not to leave his scent in the area as he picked the girl up in his arm. He supported her upper body with his arm as his tail moved to support the lower half.
 
He held her close to his chest as he heard a noise off in the distance. He knew that it must be his brother looking for the girl as he leaped into the trees with her in his arm. A few minutes later his brother rushed into the clearing looking for the girl. His friends were following closely behind him.
 
When they spotted the torn clothes of the ningen they all started looking around the area for her. When they didn't find her he saw them all go down to their knees. The Taijiya was crying into the chest of the monk as he tried to offer some sort of comfort to her.
 
He heard his brothers anguish cry for losing the girl. After a while they left the clearing as they refused to talk to his brother. His brother was cast out from the pack for his actions. `Stupid fool! If you want to be the alpha male in your pack then you must protect your pack. This is the price you pay for your arrogance.'
 
He saw as they were making their way back to the village where they started. He was sure that they were going to inform the old miko of the girls demise. He looked down and saw that the girl was still asleep in his arm.
 
He leaped from the tree as he was looking for a place that they could be safe for the night. He had to tend to her wounds or she could bleed to death. He moved with speed as he headed back toward the Western Lands. He knew of a place that they could rest and they wouldn't be disturbed.
 
~oOo~
 
They traveled for a few hours until he came to the place he was looking for. He landed right in front of the cave as he started to go in it. The cave's entrance was covered by vines, which protected it from being seen on the outside.
 
He moved threw the vines as he stepped into the dark cave. His eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness as he continued to walk through the cave. He was following his nose to his destination, he had been here once before and he liked this area. He could easily defend it as he put a barrier at the entrance to prevent anyone from entering or leaving the cave.
 
He continued to walk until he noticed that the cave was getting brighter. He had made it to the other side of the cave as it opened up into an oasis. The area was very big. There were trees growing in here as this place had a hot springs and a stream with fresh water. When you looked up there was a hole at the very top that allowed the sun to shine down on this place. Flowers were growing everywhere and the grass was soft to step on.
 
He walked until he got to the hot springs. When he got there he kneeled as he placed the girl on the ground while he got things ready. He gathered some wood for a fire. Night was approaching and they would need it to keep warm.
 
He took off his white pelt as he laid it down on the ground and formed a soft bed for her. He took off his shoes as he looked at his haori. He was covered in the girl's blood as he proceeded to take it off and moved toward the hot springs so he could wash it. Once the blood was out of it he took the haori and grabbed a tree branch as he stuck it in the ground near the fire. He then placed the haori on the stick near the fire so it could dry.
 
He walked over to the girl and he thought, `I have to wash the blood off her. It's beginning to reek and soon it will attract other predators who are looking for an easy meal.
 
He picked her up in his arm as his tail supported her lower portion and he went back into the hot springs with the girl in his arm. Once he was deep enough he found a place where he could sit down with her in his lap so he could bathe her.
 
His tail supported her upper body, leaving his hand free to wash her body. He got the blood out of her hair as he ran his fingers through her beautiful ebony locks. They were very soft to the touch, even with all the blood in it. He was washing her face when he saw her start to move in his lap.
 
He became concerned if she struggled to get out of his embrace she would fall into the water and hurt herself. He knew that she was weak from all the blood she had lost.
 
He saw as she slowly opened her eyes. He could tell that they were not focused at the moment. He continued to get the blood off her face as she blinked her eyes to get them into focus.
 
He saw when her eyes came into focus and she stared directly into his golden eyes. He felt her stiffen in his lap as he watched what she was going to do.
 
Kagome felt that someone was touching her face. She was in a great deal of pain as she slowly opened her eyes. At first she couldn't see anything. The only thing she could see was a dark image that floated in front of her.
 
She felt the person that was tending to her wounds was moving their hand very gently over her skin. She moaned as she blinked and her world came into focus. She expected to see Sango or Inuyasha but what she saw shocked her as the image of Sesshomaru came into focus.
 
She tired to move and she felt a sharp pain in her side, she whimpered as she sucked in air to prevent her from screaming her head off at the pain. She finally found her voice as she simply asked, “Why?”
 
Sesshomaru was watching what the girl was going to do. They were staring at each other as she tried to move. He heard her whimpers and then heard her question.
 
He looked at her as he said in a nice gentle voice, “Because you're hurt.”
 
Kagome felt that she was sitting in warm water as he continued to clean her wounds. She also noticed that she only had on her bra and panties and the rest of her cloths were gone. She felt when his hand moved over to the spot that was hurting her the most as he lightly brushed it with his fingers.
 
She sucked in air as she held it until he was done. She could tell that he was cleaning her wounds but she didn't know why he was doing it. She felt that she was hurt very badly and she wondered how she had gotten hurt. The last thing she remembered was fighting a youkai with four jewel shards. It had hit Shippo into the forest as she became enraged and let go of her arrow. After that she couldn't remember anything else.
 
She felt when he picked her up in his arm and moved her out of the water. She felt something else that was under her legs but she didn't know what it was. At this point she really didn't care. She just wanted to die. She was hurting so much that she couldn't take the pain anymore.
 
Once he got her wounds cleaned he picked the girl up in his arm and moved her out of the water. He remembered that her greatest pain was at her side and he needed to look at it. He placed her on his pelt as he moved into a better position so he could look at her wound.
 
He noticed that she wouldn't cry out in pain no matter how much it hurt. He was very pleased by this. She had great strength if she was able to contain her cries. When he moved her, so he could see her wound, his eyes opened wide. The cut was deep. He could see her rib bone peaking out of the skin.
 
He looked at her as he said, “This is going to hurt but I have to seal this wound. Your bone is sticking out and it could get an infection.”
 
He saw the girl nod agreeing to what he must do. He placed his hand near the wound as his tail held her in place. He concentrated on his youkai as he called it forth to heal her. His hand began to get warm as a golden light started to form. Once he was ready he placed his hand on the wound as he saw the girl stiffen. He knew that this was hurting her but he continued with what he had to do.
 
He noticed that half way through healing her wound she had gone quite again as she fell unconscious from her ordeal. Once he was done he looked at the wound. He saw that the skin had knitted together and that the wound was closed. The only thing that was left was a light pink scar where her wound was located. Soon there would be no visible scar left of her injury.
 
He then tended to her other wounds as he healed all of them. He was tired once he was done. He shifted her body so that she would be comfortable on his pelt.
 
He went to the fire to see if his haori was dry yet. When he saw that it was dry he covered the girl with it to keep her warm. He also knew that she would feel uncomfortable if she woke up with no clothes on.
 
He sat next to her as he watched her sleep. She was beautiful and at least she was resting. He didn't know when he actually fell asleep, as he draped his tail over her to protect her.
 
~oOo~
 
So as you can see Sesshomaru now has Kagome. What is going to happen next? Will Kagome give the Ice demon a chance you will have to wait and see.
 
Again wow! I thank you for all your reviews. I will try my best to post the chapters as fast as possible. Oh I was asked if this story is finished yet. The answer is no but I'm very close to the ending. So no fears you will get to see the ending for this one. I might even entertain a sequel to this one. Once the story is finished if you all would like a sequel then write your suggestions in a review and I will take them into consideration.
 
Well until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!