InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 9
 
Kagome was running through the forest making her way back to the bone eaters well. She was heartbroken at the information that she had found out. She was being used all over again. She had thought that Sesshomaru was above these petty games and thought that he really had interest in her. She was willing to wait for a while to see if he could really love her.
 
She had even let him see her in all her glory and had given him pleasure so he could see that she was different from all the females in this time. She thought that she was breaking through that hard exterior of his and he was beginning to have feeling for her.
 
He had been so gentle with her as he brought her body to its peak. She could never forget the pleasures he gave her and she wanted more than anything to be loved. Being in his arms felt so right like she belonged there with him, but from what he was telling his brother he was just using her to get what he wanted. She was a fool to think that he really cared for her.
 
She stopped in her tracks as she was looking around the area trying to find the well. She finally knew where she was located as she turned and started to run again. She was getting close to the well and her salvation.
 
Her mind was so preoccupied with everything that was going on that she barely dodged the attack that came her way.
 
She leaped into the air as a powerful blast hit the area where she had been at a few moments ago. She turned to find Kagura and Kana standing there with her mirror. She sneered at Kagura as she said, “What do you want? I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now.”
 
Kagura's eyes went wide when she saw who they had attacked, “I thought that you were dead. How can you be alive after that blast in the forest?”
 
Kagome squared her shoulders as she said, “That's none of your business. I'm alive and I plan to stay that way. Now move out of my way, I have pressing business else where at the moment.”
 
“I'm sorry Kagome but Naraku knows that you are here in this area. He is determined to get the jewel shards away from you. He wants to use it to become the most powerful demon in the area.” Said Kagura with regret in her voice.
 
Kagome heard her words and set her mind to what she had to do. She stood her ground as she saw Kagura getting ready to attack her. She heard the regret in her voice as she said, “Please forgive me but I must stop you or else there will be hell to pay”
 
Kagura took her fan as she opened it. She waved it in front of it as she said, “Dance of blades!”
 
Kagome saw the attack coming and she didn't move an inch. She stood there as a barrier came up to protect her. The blades just bounced off her barrier as they impacted around the area without doing her any harm.
 
Kagome brought her hand up as she formed her energy ball right in her palm and released it. Kagura and Kana tried to dodge the ball but when they moved it moved with them. It hit the pair of demons as they both cried out in pain and fell to the ground.
 
They were both unconscious but still alive. Kagome didn't want to kill them because she knew that they were both just following Naraku's orders, not being strong enough to resist his orders. They only wanted to be free of his hold but were too weak to fight him off by themselves.
 
Kagome continued on her way as she left the pair alone in the forest. They will recover soon and when they did she will be long gone from this place.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had been following Kagome as she was running through the forest. She was moving faster than he had ever thought possible, but he knew that he was getting closer to her.
 
He came into a clearing and saw the damage that had been done to the area. He saw Kagura and Kana lying in the clearing and he knew that they had confronted his mate. He smiled when he saw the damage that his mate had done. She was powerful and he had to find her.
 
He picked his nose up into the air but he couldn't catch her scent, what he did catch was the scent of Naraku in the near distance as he was making his way toward the girl.
 
He growled as he took off again following her. He was determined to protect her from harm and once they took care of Naraku he will find out why she had left.
 
He continued running when he hard an explosion in the near distance. He stopped as he leaped into the air trying to find where it was coming from. He saw the smoke as he headed in that direction. He knew that Naraku had found his mate and he was attacking her.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome continued on her way as she was picking up an evil presence in the area. She slowed her pace as she came to a stop. There in front of her stood Naraku in his baboon pelt. It was about time that she took care of this annoying hanyou and send him back to hell.
 
Naraku had felt when the person with the jewel shards had defeated Kagura and Kana because they were not responding to his commands, as he got ready to do battle. He will get the remainder of the jewel shards from this person and become a demon once and for all.
 
When the person with the jewel shards arrived his eyes opened wide to see who it was. He had thought that she was dead as the miko stood in front of him. He smiled a wicked smile as he said, “So you're alive after all. I had heard that you were dead but I guess my information was wrong miko. I want the jewel shards that you have.”
 
Kagome stood her ground as she heard his request, “Naraku, you will never get my jewel shards and as a matter of fact I will relieve you of the ones that you have, so hand them over.”
 
Kagome pulled her bow off her shoulder as she locked an arrow in place. She saw where the jewel shards were located as she aimed straight for his heart. She channeled her power into the arrow as she released it. It was heading straight for its target.
 
Naraku saw the arrow coming towards him and quickly moved out of the way. He saw as it hit the tree and it blew it apart. `Shit this wench is a lot stronger than before. I'm going to have a hard time getting the jewel shards away from her, but at least I'm just fighting her. The rest of her companions are nowhere near this area.
 
Kagome saw as her arrow miss its intended target. She took out another arrow, as she got ready to fire again. She sensed in the distance that the others were following her and they would be here shortly.
 
She put a barrier up around the area that prevented Naraku from detecting them. She wanted to give him a false sense of security until the rest of her party arrived. She will deal with Inuyasha and Sesshomaru once they had defeated Naraku.
 
She fired again at the demon in front of her and again he dodged her arrow. This time Naraku went after her as his tentacles came out of his body.
 
Kagome saw the baboon pelt fall away from Naraku as he revealed his body to her. He was disgusting as she saw the massive ball of flesh that was currently his body as the tentacles started to emerge. He attacked as she quickly dodged out of the way.
 
She lost her bow in that attack as she pulled her sword out of its sheath. She took a fighting stance against him as she attacked the tentacles that were heading her way. She slashed at them as the pieces fell to the ground. She noticed that they started to move and reform as they reattached themselves to Naraku.
 
`Shit he's using the jewel shards to keep his body together. If he continues to do this then I will never be able to defeat him.' Thought Kagome as she saw him attack again.
 
Naraku sent the tentacles toward the miko again as he attacked her from all sides.
 
Kagome took her sword as she yelled, “Blades of Hearts!” Purifying blades came out of her sword as they hit Naraku. This time she heard him yell in pain as she purified parts of his body.
 
Kagome never saw the tentacle that came her way as it hit her and through her to the other side of the clearing. Her head hit the ground hard as she saw stars before her eyes. She raised her hand up to her head trying to get her focus back before Naraku attacked again.
 
She was trying to get back up when Naraku attacked again. She saw the attack coming but she couldn't get out of the way as she closed her eyes and waited to die.
 
She felt a strong pair arms encircle her body as she was picked up and moved out of harms way. When she opened her eyes she saw that Sesshomaru had her in his arms.
 
Sesshomaru sensed that Kagome was in danger as he put on a burst of speed. He arrived at the battle and was impressed with the way the girl was fighting Naraku. When she released her blades of hearts he saw that she actually did some damage to Naraku as he heard him scream in pain.
 
He saw Kagome's sword react to the danger as it protected her from speared with the tentacle, but the force of the blow had sent her flying through the air as she landed on the other side of the clearing.
 
He rushed to her side when he saw Naraku attacking again. He reached her in time, as he grabbed her and leaped out of the way with her in his arms.
 
He landed nearby as he looked down at his mate. She had fear in her eyes as she was looking at him. She could tell that he was mad at her for leaving but now they had other pressing business to deal with.
 
“Are you all right? Can you continue with the battle?” Asked Sesshomaru as he looked at her with concern in his golden eyes.
 
Kagome was surprised at his question but she quickly put her fears away as she said, “Yes, I'm fine.”
 
He placed her on her feet as she wavered a bit and he held her around her waist. She got her balance back as she took a fighting stance against Naraku. He was moving to attack again as she yelled, “Blades of Hearts!!!”
 
Again the blades impacted and blew some of his body apart.
 
Sesshomaru attacked with Tokijin as Kagome was slicing him with her blade. By this time his brother and his group had arrived as they all engaged Naraku.
 
Inuyasha was running through the forest when he heard the explosion in the distance. He knew that Kagome was getting attacked as he put on a burst of speed and headed in that direction.
 
Sango, Miroku, and Shippo followed suit as they followed Inuyasha on Kilala. When they arrived at the battle Kagome and Sesshomaru were attacking Naraku. They all joined in the fight as they attacked him from different directions.
 
Even with all of them there he was still proving hard to kill. Kagome knew that the only way they could defeat him was for her to get the jewel shard away from his body. She set her mind as she started to concentrated. She was tired and using this particular attack always drained her of her energy but she had to do it if they were all to survive this battle.
 
She saw out the corner of her eye when Shippo was in trouble and rushed to his aid. She slashed the tentacle that had the kit as she grabbed him when he fell to the ground.
 
Inuyasha saw what Kagome was doing and saw the attack heading her way. He rushed in as he brought his Tetsusaiga down and intercepted the attack that was meant for Kagome. He protected her until she got Shippo out of the way.
 
Kagome felt when she was about to be attacked as Inuyasha rushed in and protected her. Her eyes softened when she saw this. `He still cares to enough to protect me even after everything that has happened.' She quickly moved out of harms way as she took Shippo to a safe place.
 
Kagome placed Shippo unconscious form on the ground, by a large tree, as she began to concentrate on what she was going to do. She placed her sword back in its sheath. She put her hand out to the side as an energy bow formed in her hand. She brought it up as she pulled the string and her arrow appeared locked in place. She took aim as she waited for her shot. She put all of her energy in that arrow and when she saw Naraku wide opened she fired.
 
The others saw that Kagome was ready with one of her arrows as they tried to move Naraku into position. They gave her the opening she needed as she fired her arrow. The arrow hit its mark as the jewel shard that was part of his body flew out the other side and landed on the ground partly purified.
 
The others saw their chance as they attacked Naraku. Sesshomaru came in with his Tokijin and attacked. He tore away part of his body as Sango's Hiratsu cut down some more.
 
Inuyasha saw his opportunity as he yelled, “Wind Scar!!” The blades of light came out of his sword as it went towards Naraku. He screamed in pain as the force of his attack tore his body apart.
 
Miroku was waiting for his chance as he removed his prayer beads and yelled, “Wind Tunnel!” The air void in his hand opened up as he pulled in the demon into his hand. Naraku being too weak from the fight was unable to get away from Miroku's wind tunnel as he disappeared into the void.
 
They were all panting hard from the effort of killing Naraku as they looked to see that everyone was all right. Inuyasha was panting hard as he put his sword away. Sesshomaru was just a little out of breath as he was sporting a few cuts on his arms and legs.
 
Sango was on her knees breathing hard as she thanked Kami for finally defeating Naraku. She thought now that her brother and family could rest in peace knowing that there death have been avenged. She stilled missed her brother, who was killed a few months ago when Naraku removed the jewel shard from his back. They had found his body and gave it a proper burial.
 
Miroku was sitting on the ground with a shocked look on his face. He was holding his right hand that didn't have the prayer beads on it anymore. To his amazement the air void was gone now, as the curse has been lifted from his family, allowing him to live a long and fruitful life.
 
They all had cuts and bruises on them but other than that they were still alive.
 
Sesshomaru was frantically searching for Kagome. She was gone from the area along with the jewel shard that fell out of Naraku's body. He sensed that she was far away in the distance as he took off after her. He knew where she was going. She was going to that well that connected her era with this one.
 
He took off after her because he knew that if she ever made it to the well he would never be able to follow her.
 
Inuyasha and the others saw as Sesshomaru took off into the forest. They wondered why he had left in such a hurry as they looked for Kagome. They all saw that she was gone from the area and figured that Sesshomaru was going after her again.
 
They found Shippo as Sango picked him up and cradle him in her arms. She checked him for injury and found that he none. He was just knocked unconscious. They left the area in a hurry as they went after Sesshomaru and Kagome. There was something wrong when Kagome wanted to go back home. They were determined to find out what was wrong as they chased after them.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome saw her arrow going towards Naraku. She had fallen to her knees from being weak as the arrow traveled through the air. She saw as it hit its mark and the jewel that was part of Naraku body was pushed out on the other side.
 
She saw her opportunity to get the jewel while the others fought against him. He was weak now so they should have no problem in killing him. She found the jewel shard and when she grabbed it in her hand it became pure in an instant. She put it in her shirt as she got up and left the area.
 
She had no desire to face Inuyasha and Sesshomaru once the battle was done. She knew that she was close to the well as she made her way there. Sesshomaru and the others where too busy fighting Naraku that they didn't even notice that she was gone from the fight as she made her way to the well.
 
She was weak as she hurried to get to the well. She wanted to leave this era behind and sort everything out in her mind. Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had protected her during the battle. They were determined to prove to her that they could protect her. She didn't need their protection but she was grateful for it nonetheless.
 
She staggered out of the forest to see the well in front of her. She had finally made it to her desired location as she stopped and leaned heavily on the well. She was tired and her body wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and recover from its ordeal but she had to leave.
 
She sat down on the ledge of the well panting hard from having to travel so far to get there. She put one leg over the edge when she heard, “Where are you going Kagome?” She knew this voice as she sighed. He had finally found her.
 
Sesshomaru knew he was getting close. She was just ahead of him as he put on a burst of speed. He was injured and exhausted from fighting with Naraku. He had gotten his share of wounds from the battle but his mind was on the girl. He finally found her as she was sitting on the ledge of the well and had put one leg over the ledge getting ready to jump in.
 
He stopped as he approached, he didn't want her to leave as he asked, “Where are you going Kagome?”
 
He saw her stiffen when she heard his voice as she stopped from jumping in. He slowly approached her. He needed to get closer to her in case she jumped, from this distance he would never be able to grab her before she fell in.
 
Inuyasha and the others had finally arrived at the well when they saw Kagome sitting on the ledge with one leg in and the other one out. Sesshomaru was trying to get closer to her as they heard what was going on.
 
Kagome looked up to see Sesshomaru moving closer to her. Her eyes hardened as she said, “What do you want Sesshomaru?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped his approach as he heard the anger in her voice. He had no idea why she was like this as he said, “Why do you want to leave? I thought that you have consented to be my mate for life.”
 
Kagome laughed at his statement as she said, “Don't you mean your pawn. That's what I am isn't it? I'm a pawn in your plans to get a mate and have an heir for the Western Lands. What were you going to do Sesshomaru? Seduce me so I will give myself freely to you so I could produce an heir? And then what, once the pup was born where you going to shove me off to the side because I'm just a ningen and not your equal?
 
I heard everything that you and Inuyasha were saying out in the forest last night. I know everything even down to the test that I will have to take to prove that I'm worthy to be your mate!” Kagome looked into the sky as she took a deep breath, she was trying to get her emotions under control.
 
Sesshomaru's heart was racing; she had heard what he and his brother were discussing in the forest. He tried to take another step forward as he saw the girl bring up her other leg and rested it on the ledge. He stopped as he said, “Kagome, you must listen to what I have to say. You only heard part of the conversation. I have my reasons for keeping all this from you. But for you to assume that I will shove you off to the side when you bare a pup is wrong. I will never do that. I care for you deeply and I want you to stay here so we can talk.”
 
The tears were running down Kagome's cheeks as she turned to face Sesshomaru. He saw the hurt that were in her eyes as she said, “You know I would have done the test to prove that I was a worthy mate for you. I would have faced any danger for you if you hadn't lied to me. That's the part that I cannot forgive. You lied to me, just when I thought that you were honorable you lied to me. You didn't tell me the truth just like your brother.
 
Inuyasha told me that he loved me after I had fell in love with you. He was late in his claims since I have already given my heart to you. You shattered what little remained of my heart and now I want to go home. I wish you luck in finding a mate in time so you don't lose your kingdom. You're a good ruler and the Western Lands needs that right now.” With that Kagome jumped into the well as the blue light surrounded her body.
 
Sesshomaru was listening to what she was saying. He was scared, for the first time in his life he was scared that he would lose her for good for not telling her everything. Yes he had planned on getting rid of her once she bared a pup but he had changed his mind.
 
He wanted to be with her for all eternity and now she was leaving him behind, as she wanted to go home. He was about to speak when he saw her jump into the well as he screamed, “NOOOOOO!!!!!!” He rushed forward as he tried to grab her before she reached the bottom. But he was too late as she disappeared in the blue light of the well.
 
Sesshomaru went to his knees when he saw that she was gone. She had left and it was his fault for not telling her the truth. `Now what am I going to do? I can't live my life without her. She is everything to me and now she is gone.'
 
Inuyasha watched and heard everything that Kagome was saying. He had been late in telling her that he loved her but it was his fault that his brother had lost her too. He had made a mess of everything as he saw his brother on his knees by the well.
 
He would have to try to fix this. He was wondering if he could still travel through the well as he walked toward his brother. When he reached him he gently said, “Sesshomaru, I will see if I can get her to come back and talk to you.”
 
Sesshomaru heard his words and said, “How are you going to do that Inuyasha? Unless you can travel through the well then she is gone from here.”
 
Inuyasha lowered his head as he looked away from his brother and said, “I can travel through the well. I have been to her era before and if it will still let me, then I can go and get her.”
 
Sesshomaru couldn't believe what he was hearing, his brother was willing to go through the well and bring her back to him. He knew that he could get her to forgive him if he could just talk to her.
 
But then another thought came to his mind as he asked, “Why are you willing to go and get her for me? I know that you want her for your mate. This could be your opportunity to get the girl on your side and mate with her.”
 
Inuyasha sighed as he said, “Yes, I want her as my mate but when she said that she loved you then I knew that I have lost my chance with her. It's my fault that all this happened. If I had not called you into the forest last night to talk to you then she wouldn't have known about your plans until you were ready to tell her. I can tell that you love her but your going to have to tell her that if you want her to stay with you.
 
I'm willing to go and get her as long as I have your word that you will let her make up her own mind on what she wants to do. If you can't convince her to be your mate then you have no claim on the girl and she is free for the taking.”
 
Sesshomaru agreed to his terms as long as he brought her back so he could talk to her. He saw as his brother moved to the well and jumped in. But to everyone's surprise the well did not let him through.
 
When Inuyasha hit the bottom of the well he cursed under his breath. `Kagome must have sealed the well on the other side to prevent me from following her.' He jumped back up as he landed near his brother and said, “She has sealed the well on the other side. I can't go through anymore.”
 
Sango and Miroku saw what was going on. They couldn't believe that these two had upset Kagome so much that they forced her to leave. They saw the great demon Lord of the Western Lands on his knees heartbroken over losing Kagome.
 
They knew that he cared for her deeply when he agreed to Inuyasha's terms for going to get Kagome. But when they saw that the well wouldn't allow Inuyasha through they knew they were in trouble. There was no way they can get through to her time.
 
They were both deep in thought as Sango remembered something and said, “Miroku, did we ever get the jewel shards from Koga?”
 
Miroku looked up from the ground as he thought about her question, then a smile appeared on his face as he stood and said, “No, we never got those from him.” He moved quickly over to where Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were located followed by Sango, Shippo, and Kilala.
 
Miroku cleared his throat as he was getting near the demon brothers as he said, “Inuyasha, Kagome doesn't have all of the jewel pieces. We never got the jewel shards from Koga, if you get those from him then you should be able to travel through the well.”
 
Inuyasha looked up at his friend as he heard his words. He got excited as he thought, `Shit! I had forgotten about that. If we had the jewel shards then we should be able to travel to Kagome's time.'
 
“All right! We will go and get the jewel shards from Koga and see if we can travel to Kagome's era.” Said Inuyasha with determination in his voice, he looked at his brother and asked. “Do you want to come with us?”
 
Sesshomaru heard what the monk was saying. A bit of hope etched its way into his heart at the thought of going to see Kagome. He stood on his feet and said, “Yes, I will go with you. We will get these jewel shards away from the wolf and then we can see if we can travel back to Kagome's era. It's the best option we have at the moment. The only other option is to wait 500 years to see her again and I'm not willing to wait that long.”
 
The group left the clearing as they traveled to find Koga. They were determined to get the jewel shards from him so they could go and see Kagome.
 
~oOo~
 
All right the end to another chapter. I got a lot of people that want chapters to remain long. Majority rules so the chapters will remain long. They range from 15 to 20 or more typed pages. On occasion I will make a chapter shorter or longer depending on what is going on in the story and whether I want to leave you at a cliffy.
 
Don't worry readers I hate cliffy as much as the next person and I do try not to make too many of them.
 
Thank you all for leaving a review with your opinions. I do appreciate them. If you found any spelling or grammatical errors I am sorry but my eyesight is still not back to normal, damn infection, any way I will try to post chapters a little faster for you.
 
As you can see Kagome had left the feudal era and has gone back home. She left behind a broken hearted Sesshomaru who is not willing to give up on mating with her. Inuyasha is now willing to help his brother to get her back since he was the one that messed everything up between them.
 
Will Sesshomaru succeed in going back to the future and be reunited with Kagome? Or will he fail and have to wait 500 years to see her again. You will find out in the next chapter.
 
Until the next time!
 
Ja ne!