InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 8
 
The next morning Kagome finally woke up to find that she was not in her room and that she was being tightly held. She looked down as she saw an arm that was snaked up between her breasts as it came to rest right next to her face. The claws were long as she tried to remember what had happened.
 
She felt exhausted as she remembered the pleasures that Sesshomaru had showed her. He has kept his word, as she didn't feel like he had taken her. `He's a demon of his word. I like that. He has proven himself to be trust worthy even when I fell unconscious.'
 
She moved just a little as she felt a growl of displeasure come from right behind her. She turned as she saw him there and a smile came over her face. She blushed a deep red when she remembered all the times he brought her body to life. She had tried to get him to stop but he wouldn't. She felt like he was not going to stop until he had drank everything she had to give him.
 
She felt sore from where his mouth had been suckling on her clit. She reached down as she felt the area. It was still swollen from his action. She had no idea that he could do this to her. She didn't know if this was a natural thing for him to do or just something that just happened between them.
 
She shifted so she could get out of his embrace and all she got for her efforts was a tightening of limbs as he brought her closer into his chest. She felt his hot breath on her neck as she moaned. It felt good to be in his arms. She felt as his hand moved and caressed her breast.
 
At first his hand just grabbed and gently squeezed her. Then his fingers moved as it grabbed her hardened numb and massaged it between his thumb and forefinger. He gently pulled as her body came to life once more. She shivered at what he was doing to her. If he continued with his actions he will bring her to her peak again.
 
Sesshomaru felt when the girl moved in his arms. He growled for being awakened as he moved his hand up and gently massaged her breast. He felt her harden numbs and moved his fingers to one of them. They became harder the more he played with them. He smelled her arousal and knew that he had gotten her sweet juices to flowing again.
 
He couldn't resist as he slipped his hand down and found her sweet spot from the night before. It was still swollen from his previous actions as he took her leg and pinned it in between his. He started to lick her neck as he moved his hand to her sweet spot. He started to rub it as he felt her react to his touch.
 
They continued for the better part of the day, as they would each show each other pleasure. He was in heaven and didn't want to leave this perfect spot, but he knew that she had to eat to regain her strength. Otherwise he could never continue to pleasure her. He laid there with her body laying on top of his as she slept. He had worn her out again as he waited for a little while longer before he got up.
 
Kagome woke again to find that she was alone in his bed. He was gone from her side and wondered where he had gone off to this time. She slowly sat up in his bed, as she felt weak. Her body didn't have a chance to recover before he pleasured her again. If he had his way about things she would bet that he would keep her in bed for the rest of her life.
 
She was sitting there with her head resting against her knees. She was trying to get enough strength to get up. Then she heard the door open as the silkiness of his voice said, “So you are finally awake.”
 
She looked up to see him coming into the room with a tray of food for her to eat. She was hungry and figured that this is why she felt so weak. Her body hurt as she tried to move as she let out a groan of pain showing her discomfort.
 
Sesshomaru became alarmed when he heard her groan. He thought that he might have hurt her as he asked in a worried voice. “Kagome, are you all right? I didn't hurt you did I?”
 
Kagome looked up and saw the concerned look in his eyes as she said, “No you didn't hurt me. My body is just sore from all the times you brought it to its peak.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled inwardly as he thought, `Good, at least I know that she enjoyed herself.'
 
He put the food down in front of her as he said, “You need to eat to get your strength back.”
 
Kagome looked at the food and said, “Maybe I will eat later, I'm too tired to eat right now.” She was about to lay down and go back to sleep again when he grabbed her and placed her in his lap.
 
He kissed her as she melted into his arms. When he broke the kiss he said, “You need to eat to regain you strength. You can not wait until later for it will leave you weaker than what you are feeling right now.”
 
Kagome understood what he was saying as she sat on his lap and tried eating the food he had brought for her. She was tired but she managed to eat it as he laid her back down so she could rest. She fell asleep immediately as she recovered from her ordeal.
 
They will have to leave this place soon. He had gotten word that his brother and Naraku are moving toward each other as the final confrontation is coming towards a head. He knew that the girl had to fight in the final battle and he had to show her how her knew sword worked. He let her rest as he calmed his urges for her.
 
He couldn't wait until the next time he could taste her again. She was very addictive and he couldn't get enough of her. He knew he had to let her rest. Her body couldn't take the longing he had for her. He knew that his urges wouldn't stop until he made her his mate. He wanted his scent on her marking her as his own.
 
He sat by her side as he watched her sleep. Soon they will leave this place and her life would be in danger again. He vowed to protect her with his life when they finally caught up to Naraku.
 
~oOo~
 
The months seemed like years for Inuyasha as he was still mourning the death of Kagome. He had never felt this alone in his life. He had refused to see Kikyou after that day knowing that it was her fault that he had failed to protect Kagome. He had vowed that he would protect her and he had failed.
 
His friends had finally forgiven him and let him join them in their hunt for the jewel shards. He protected them viciously as he let no harm come to them. To Shippo he was more like a father figure to him now that Kagome was gone. He had to protect him the most since he was the weakest one of the pack.
 
They had managed to get a third of the jewel shards as they continued to search the countryside for them. They followed every lead of a possible strong demon in an area and took them down. Then they would spend hours looking for the jewel shard until they found them.
 
The only one that could touch them was Miroku as they placed them in a jar with a seal. It prevented the evil in the shards from possessing him as he kept them safe. They didn't have anyone that could purify the shards so they were still tainted.
 
`Kagome,' he thought as they continued on their journey. `If she was here with us then we would have two thirds of the jewel right now, but we lost her and the shards that day.' He thought with sadness in his heart. He loved her and he never got to tell her how he really felt about her. He knew that he should have but he was afraid to be rejected.
 
The group continued to travel and Inuyasha wouldn't push them to go faster like he used to do before. He was more careful in his actions; he didn't want a repeat his last mistakes. The group was nearing the Western Lands. They had heard that a powerful demon was in this area and they were searching for it.
 
They had made camp for the night as he kept watch over everyone in the camp. He had not properly rested in months. He was determined to protect his friends no matter what.
 
He looked into the sky and noticed that his human night was coming. He sighed this was the one night a month that he couldn't protect his friends. They would protect him during this one night. He felt ashamed that he was so weak. He still hid on these nights not wanting anyone to see him in his weakened state.
 
Shippo would be the only one that would know where he was located. He would usually come with him to keep him company for the night. He was determined to stay awake to protect him but he always wind up falling asleep in his arms. He chuckled at this thought. His little friend would always try his best and he couldn't ask for more. He would protect him until the day came that he would be on his own.
 
Inuyasha was currently sitting in a tree as he watched for any approaching threats. The wind picked up as he caught a familiar scent in the winds. He shook his head as he thought, `I must be dreaming. I know that it can't be her, she's dead.'
 
Just as quick as the scent came it left the area. He continued to scan the area trying to see if he could pick up the scent again, but it was gone. `I must be losing my mind if any scent could smell like Kagome.'
 
He sat back in his tree as he continued with his silent vigil. He had sworn to protect his friends and he was going to do it even if it cost him his life.
 
~oOo~
 
It took Kagome two days to finally recover from the third phase of the mating ritual. She was finally on her feet as she was training in the dojo. Sesshomaru had shown her the power of her sword and she was amazed at the way it reacted with her touch.
 
Sesshomaru had told her that no one could touch her sword but him. It would hurt anyone that would try to take the sword away from her. Her powers controlled it as his protected her. She was happy that he had given her such a gift that would protect her even if he couldn't help her in a fight.
 
She was standing outside in the garden as she relaxed. She looked up into the sky and noticed that it was the night of the new moon. She knew that Inuyasha was in hiding this night, as he would protect himself in his weakened form. She hoped that Sango and Miroku would protect him while he was this way.
 
In the beginning Inuyasha was ashamed of his human nights but as they traveled together he got to see the kind of friends he had. They would protect him during this time until he was comfortable with his situation.
 
She turned as she felt him coming towards her. She knew that he had been watching from a distance as he finally came forward. He walked like royalty as he held his head high and he came towards her. He was perfect in her eyes as she smiled at him. They were leaving in the morning to go and join his brother to finish Naraku. They knew that it would take all of them to do this.
 
Naraku was a lot stronger now having one third of the jewel shards. She knew it was going to be an intense battle once it started. They had to make sure that they killed him once and for all.
 
She had to get the jewel shard away from him so she could purify them and make the jewel whole again. Then she knew that she would have to deal with Kikyou when it was all over. She owed the dead bitch for what she had done to Inuyasha. She had to make sure that she sent her back to where she belonged.
 
Sesshomaru had been watching his soon to be mate for a while she was thinking about something, when she looked at the sky. There was something that was bothering her and he had to find out what it was. He approached her with caution. He saw her turn towards him as he saw her force a smile on her face. Her face was full of sadness and he became worried that something was wrong.
 
“Kagome, is something wrong? What is worrying you so much?” He asked with concern.
 
Kagome sighed she knew that she could not hide her emotions from him. She looked away from him as she said, “The final battle is approaching and it's going to be a hard one to win. I fear for my friend's lives when we attack Naraku. I have to protect them. They are like family to me and I won't lose them to him.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what she was saying as he moved closer to her and hugged her from behind. He held her in his arms as he pulled her into his chest to comfort her. “I know that it will be a hard battle but you must not lose focus on what you have to do. You're the only one that can get the jewel shard away from him and once that is done then he will fall.”
 
Kagome understood his words as she leaned back into his embrace and took the comfort that he offered. She brought her hands up until they met his and said, “You know that you have changed since we have been together. You're not as cold or as mean as you would like everyone to believe. You do have a soft side that I like and I would like to continue to see it after everything is over and done with.”
 
He laughed as he said, “You will be the only one that would see it. No one else is allowed to see this side of me. I rule over the Western Lands and I must instill fear in all those under me or they will try to take over my lands. But for you, you will see it every night when we are together or when we're alone.” He leaned down and kissed her neck as he felt her lean into his touch.
 
He was finally getting to understand this feeling called love. He did love her because he never wanted to be away from her. He enjoyed her company and wanted to always be with her. He liked this feeling and he wanted to explore it even more.
 
They turned and walked back inside his room. They would be leaving in the morning to join his brother. He was not looking forward to the family reunion. He knew that his brother would try to attack him the moment he placed Kagome on the ground.
 
They lay down together as she cuddled into his arms. She fell asleep that way as they stayed together for the night. He knew that he would not give up sleeping with her like this once he was back with his brother. He enjoyed the warmth of her body next to his as her sweet scent filled his lungs.
 
He held her closer to his heart as he rested. He was unable to sleep this night even with her wonderful scent. He was worried about the battle that was to come and he was even more afraid that he would lose her. Soon though they will end this fight and he hoped to begin another one. The one to make her his mate, as he would try to explain what is going to happen when he declared that she was his intended.
 
~oOo~
 
The next morning they awoke to a beautiful day. They both got ready to leave as they went to meet his brother.
 
Kagome stood at his side as he wrapped his arm around her waist. He summoned his demon cloud as it formed around them and it lifted them off the ground. They moved swiftly through the air as they searched for his brother that was somewhere nearby.
 
They finally found him as he was near his lands. He braced himself for the fight that was about to ensue.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha stopped as he picked his nose up into the air and caught a familiar scent. He growled as he told the others, “Sesshomaru is coming, everyone be prepared. I don't know if he wants a fight but I want all of you to leave this to me.”
 
Sango and Miroku looked at Inuyasha with concern. Ever since Kagome's death he had not been acting the same. He was always going into a fight not caring if he was hurt or would survive the ordeal.
 
Sango saw the look into his eyes as she said, “Inuyasha, please be careful. We need to find the remainder of the jewel shards and we can't do that without you.”
 
Inuyasha heard her words but he didn't care. He would welcome death if he could be with Kagome. He looked up into the sky as he saw his brother coming towards him. He never took Tetsusaiga out of its sheath as he stood his ground and waited for him to come down.
 
He saw as his brother landed on front of him as he growled and said, “What do you want here Sesshomaru? I'm not on your lands so why don't you leave us alone?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at his brother as he stood there in front of him. The girl had done as he requested and hid behind him so that he would not notice that she was there. He felt her gentle touch as she moved around to stand next to him.
 
Kagome heard what Inuyasha was saying, she could tell that he didn't want to fight as she reached up with her hand and touched Sesshomaru's back. She moved from behind him where he was hiding her aura and her scent as she stood by his side. She saw the surprised look on Inuyasha's face as he stood there with his mouth wide open in disbelief.
 
Inuyasha was waiting for his brother to say anything so he could attack him. He was itching for a fight and he didn't care who it was with. He saw as his brother looked down toward his side as a small figure came out from behind his back. She stood there by his side as she smiled a weak smile at him.
 
He couldn't believe his eyes. It was Kagome and she was alive and well. She stepped forward as she walked away from his brother. He rushed forward and grabbed her in a bone-crushing hug, as he lifted her into the air. He went around in circles with her held in his arms.
 
He was holding her as her sweet scent reached his nose and realized that she was for real and not some kind of sick joke. He held her even tighter as he said in her ear, “I thought that I had lost you that day. I have given up hope in seeing you again and I have resigned myself to dying in battle. I would have done anything to go with you.”
 
Kagome pushed him away from her as he set her down on her feet and she looked into his eyes. They were filled with emotions as she said, “You did lose me that day when you protected Kikyou instead of me. You have made your choice Inuyasha. I hope that you are happy with it.”
 
Inuyasha was heartbroken when he heard her words. They hurt deeply as he looked into her eyes. He saw the hurt in them for him failing to protect her that day. He lowered his head and ears in shame for what he had done.
 
She walked away from him as she left him standing there with his head down. She walked over to her friends as Shippo leaped into her arms crying his heart out. She had missed the kit most of all as she said, “Shippo, I have missed you.”
 
Kagome then turned to her friends and said, “Hello Sango, Miroku, did you miss me?”
 
Sango's tears were running down her cheeks as she laughed and closed the distance between them. She embraced her sister as she held her tight. She couldn't believe she was alive when they all thought that she was dead.
 
Miroku joined the group hug as he embraced Kagome.
 
Kagome sensed it before he did it. She quickly turned in their embrace and caught his hand before he made contact with her butt. She gave him a nice squeeze as she said, “Miroku, won't you ever change?”
 
Miroku couldn't believe how fast Kagome could move. She moved faster than Sango as he said, “My, my Kagome, you have certainly gotten a lot stronger since the last time we have seen you. Do you mind letting go of my hand? You're breaking it!”
 
“Only if you promise to behave or I will have to cut it off.” Said Kagome with amusement in her voice.
 
Miroku agreed as she released him and then he moved behind Sango, keeping his distance from her.
 
Kagome put Shippo down as she looked at Miroku and said, “Miroku, I want the jewel shards you have in your possession. They need to be purified before they do you harm.”
 
Miroku pulled the bottle from around his neck as he gave them to Kagome. She took them and pulled the seal off the bottle as she removed the jewel shards. The moment she touched them the shards purified.
 
She reached into her shirt as she pulled her piece of the shards out. She removed it from around her neck as she held them in her hands. She bowed her head as she was praying. Her hands started to glow a pure white as she fused the shards together. When she opened her hand they all saw two thirds of the jewel of four souls sitting there.
 
She placed the jewel back around her neck as she hid it back in her shirt. Once she had done this she turned to her friends and said, “Naraku is on the move and after the jewel shards. He has the remaining third that is missing.
 
We have to prepare because now that I have fused these shards together he will be able to sense the jewel and he will come looking for them. The final battle is approaching and we all have to be prepared. I have come back to finish this fight and then I will leave.”
 
Everyone looked at Kagome with wide eyes. They couldn't believe that she was going to leave them once she had the jewel completed.
 
Sango was the first to come out of her shock as she asked, “But Kagome what happened to you? We all thought that you had died in that fight with the demon. Where have you been all this time?”
 
Kagome motioned for everyone to sit down as Sesshomaru moved behind her and sat there. He was keeping a close eye on his brother as he saw all the emotions that were running through his eyes. He knew that it would be a matter of time before he lost his cool and went after the girl.
 
Once everyone was seated she proceeded to tell them everything that had happened to her. She had omitted certain things from her story, as they didn't need to know everything that was going on in her life. When she was done everyone looked at her in awe. They had a new sense of admiration for Sesshomaru for healing Kagome and protecting her.
 
Inuyasha was having the hardest time with everything that was going on. He had heard Kagome's story and it hurt him deeply. He also caught the scent of his brother all over her and knew that there was more to her story that she was not telling them. He stood as he looked at Kagome and said, “Kagome, can I speak to you in private for a minute?”
 
Sesshomaru immediately growled his displeasure as Kagome turned to him and said, “Don't worry Sesshomaru I will be alright.”
 
Sesshomaru stopped his complaints but he clearly told his brother in inu youkai language, `You better not hurt her or it will be your death.'
 
Inuyasha just sneered at his brother as he left the area with Kagome. They walked deep into the forest and when he was far enough away from Sesshomaru he turned to Kagome and asked, “Kagome, are you all right? He didn't hurt you did he?”
 
Kagome raised and eyebrow at him as she crossed her arms over her chest and said, “I'm fine, he never hurt me. He trained me to use my powers effectively. He tried to protect me from the blast I created when I shot that demon with my arrow for hurting Shippo.”
 
Inuyasha winced as she said this she was not going to let him forget his mistake. “Kagome, I still care for you. I still want to be with you if you will have me. I… I… I love you Kagome. I don't want anyone else in my life but you.”
 
Kagome's eyes grew big when she heard his confession. He picked a really bad time to tell her that he loved her. “You love me? Since when do you love me? You have never loved me. I have only been your jewel detector for all these years. You love Kikyou that's why you protected her that day. That's why you broke your promise to me again. I believed what you said to me Inuyasha. I gave you another chance when I knew better than that.
 
I thought that you really wanted for us to start anew just like you said but you didn't. The first time you saw her in danger you protected her and left me wide open to be attacked. Didn't you see that she missed that demon on purpose just to get your attention? She could have killed that demon in one shot but she didn't.
 
I don't want to be second best to anyone. I accepted the fact that you have made your choice and you can't have the both of us. You can't tell me what to do anymore for I make my own decisions and there is nothing that you can do about it. If I want to be with your brother then that's the person I'm going to be with. At least he won't leave me for a dead clay pot that shouldn't be walking this earth.” Kagome was pissed as she turned on her heals and left Inuyasha standing there looking dumbfounded.
 
Inuyasha couldn't believe this. Somehow his brother had turned her against him. Yes he knew he made a mistake when he protected Kikyou but he loved her. He told her so just now and she rejected his affection. He didn't know if he could make this any better. For now his brother had won the battle but he has not won the war.
 
He turned to follow Kagome back to the others, as he smelled the scent of her tears. `Damn I made her cry. Why can't we ever talk without me making her cry.' He rushed after her to see if he could apologize for his actions, but Kagome moved faster than he thought as his brother was holding her.
 
Kagome came back to the others and it was evident that she was upset. Sesshomaru picked up on this as he rushed to her side and asked, “Did he hurt you?”
 
Kagome shook her head, as she said, “No, he didn't hurt me, as a matter of fact I hurt him.”
 
Sesshomaru didn't know what to do as he wrapped his arms around her slender form and held her. He tried to calm down his mate as he saw his brother coming out of the forest and they eyed each other. He knew that he was the cause of his mate crying and he was going to make him pay.
 
He moved over to a tree as he sat down and pulled Kagome into his lap. He wrapped his arms around her as she snuggled into his chest. She finally quieted down after a while and fell asleep in his arms.
 
Sesshomaru noticed as all of her friends watched what he was doing. When they noticed that Kagome had calmed down and fell asleep they all settled down for the night.
 
Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kilala were asleep on one side of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha was on the opposite side of him.
 
Sesshomaru eyed his brother as he saw the anger in his eyes. He knew that he could smell him all over Kagome and he was furious. He smiled inwardly knowing that his brother lost the precious girl that he held in his arms. She was going to be his mate and not his.
 
It was in the middle of the night when Inuyasha finally figured that everyone was in a deep sleep. He had heard everyone breathing even out as they were deep asleep. He stood as he saw his brother looking at him and he said in inu youkai, `I want you to come with me.'
 
Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow at his brother as he shifted the girl from his lap and laid her down on the ground. He made sure that she was still asleep as he stood and followed his brother deep into the forest.
 
They walked a good distance away to make sure that they wouldn't disturb all those left back at the clearing as Inuyasha turned on his heels and said with a growl, “What have you done to Kagome? She has never acted this way before. What have you filled her head with?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped as he heard his brother's words. He smirked as he said, “I have not done anything to the girl. I have merely protected her when she was injured. I think that you are the cause of her pain. It took her a long time to get over wanting to die.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes grew big when he heard this. `She wanted to die? But why?' He looked at his brother and asked, “She really wanted to die?”
 
Sesshomaru sighed as he said, “Yes, she did. She is tired of getting hurt. She is tired of having her heartbroken every time you go after that dead miko. She deserves to be happy and I'm determined to give it to her.”
 
Inuyasha lowered his head in shame he never meant to hurt her this way, “I should have told her along time ago how I really felt about her. That way she would have understood why I went after Kikyou. I was a fool for not telling her that I loved her until it was too late, all because I was afraid of getting rejected.”
 
“Well I have asked and she has consented to be my mate. So she is off limits to you and that arrogant wolf.” Said Sesshomaru with an edge to his voice. He was making it clear to his brother that he had claims on the girl.
 
Inuyasha head shot up as he said, “Do you love her? Or are you just using her to produce a strong heir for the Western Lands? Because if you are going to use her I will stop you, I don't care how long it takes me I will stop you from using her in this way.”
 
“Who are you to tell me how to get an heir for the Western Lands? I will do whatever it takes to produce an heir that will be powerful in its own right. A mating between me and the girl is a good one for she would produce this strong heir.” Said Sesshomaru, as he stood tall. He was not about to let his brother interfere with his plans.
 
Now it was Inuyasha's turn to smile as he said, “Yes, I know your plans now. I know what Kagome is. I have known for a long time. She is the rarest form of a miko. She is a pure heart miko and as such she must give her mind, body, and soul to your mating if she is to produce an heir for you. If she doesn't then she could never produce the heir you want.”
 
Sesshomaru growled as he said, “How do you know this?”
 
Inuyasha enjoyed seeing his brother squirm in front of him as he said, “I know a lot of things. You might think that I'm dumb and slow but I'm a lot more intelligent than you give me credit for. I'm not stupid Sesshomaru I do know some things.
 
Like I know that you can never take her as a mate if the governing Lords don't approve of her being worthy for the Western Lands. I know that you are under pressure right now to find a mate or lose your status over the Western Lands. You only have less than a year left to find a mate that can withstand their test and from what I hear it's not an easy test for your mate.”
 
Sesshomaru's anger was growing as his eyes started to flash red. He growled as he said, “You will not tell the girl of my plans. I care for her and want to make her happy. She will not have to go through that test because I will never permit it. I rule the Western Lands and no one controls this Sesshomaru.”
 
Inuyasha laughed at his brother as he said, “Yes I know that no one controls you but I do know that unless you love Kagome she will never be your mate. You have to love her for who she is before she will accept you and you my dear brother are incapable of showing any emotions for the girl. You only think of yourself and keep your emotions buried deep inside.
 
You are not willing to let your emotions come out to feel the love that she can have for you. Yes she might have agreed to be your mate but the ritual is not over yet. You still have to mark her and the reason you haven't done this is because you can't admit to her that you love her. You have no concept of what that word means.”
 
Sesshomaru growled, he never knew that his brother could be this smart. He had figured out his plans and knew him all too well. But he was determined to show the girl that he loved her and she would consent to be his mate. He turned as he walked away from his brother. This conversation was over as he headed back to be with the miko. He had been gone for too long and he could feel that Naraku was near.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome felt when Sesshomaru placed her on the ground. She moaned as he started to purr to make her stayed asleep. Wherever he was going he didn't want her to follow, so she setting back down.
 
She gave no indication that she was awake as she let him leave with his brother. She wanted to know what was going on as she waited for a few minutes before she got up and followed them.
 
She hid her aura and her scent as she followed them into the forest. She wanted to make sure that they wouldn't fight over her. She hated when they fought for no reason. It was her choice on who she wanted to be with. It didn't matter to her if they were strong or weak, handsome or ugly. As long as they loved her she didn't care.
 
She followed their auras as they stopped deep in the forest. She approached with care not wanting to make any noise so that they didn't know she was there. She stopped a good distance away from them as she listened to what they were saying.
 
Kagome stood in the forest and listened to everything being said. She closed her eyes tight as her hand came up to grab her shirt over her heart. She tried to calm her breathing down as she listened. With each word they said she was feeling a pieces of her heart being torn away from her body.
 
She heard everything that Sesshomaru had said, `so he was using me to get an heir for the Western Lands. How could I let myself be taken for a fool again? He doesn't love me nor will he ever love me. All he wants is an heir for his father's lands. I have meant nothing to him after all this time. He will use me for his purpose and then he will shove me aside.'
 
Tears were running down her cheeks as she got enough strength to stand and leave the area. She had no desire to stay after what she had heard. She had heard enough about what they both had planned for her. `I'm a pure hearted miko and that's why they're fighting. Then let them fight because if I'm not here they can't get what they want.'
 
She looked up into the sky and noticed that dawn was approaching. Soon the sun would come up and she will be able to see her way home. She would let them deal with Naraku as she made her way through the forest heading for the bone eaters well.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru made his way back to the clearing to where he had left the miko. When he got there she was gone as he quickly scan the area trying to find her. He thought he caught the sent of her tears as he took off after her.
 
He only ran for a short distance when he stopped in his tracks, he had lost her scent and he couldn't detect her aura anywhere. He cursed at himself for teaching her so well. He started to growl as he was frantically looking for her. He didn't know why she had left. He didn't detect anyone else in the area that might have taken her against her will.
 
His heart was racing with fear at the thought of her being out here on her own. She had two thirds of the jewel shards with her and just walking around in the forest could get her attacked.
 
Then he had a thought, he had given her the sword and the sword was part of him as he concentrated on its aura. Even though she was masking her scent and aura he was able to pick up on the swords presence in the near distance. He turned as he took off in that direction. He was going to find her and find out why she had left him. He couldn't understand what was going on.
 
Inuyasha had arrived at the clearing in time to see his brother taking off to go deeper into the forest. He noticed that Kagome was gone and pieced together what had happened.
 
Kagome had left and his brother had gone after her. Inuyasha rushed toward his friends as he woke them up and asked, “Where did Kagome go off to? Did you see her leave?”
 
Miroku and Sango woke up to the sound of a very frantic hanyou, as he was asking about Kagome. They noticed that she was gone, as Miroku answered, “We didn't see her leave. We thought that you and your brother were protecting her.”
 
Inuyasha growled, as he was deep in thought. `If Kagome followed us into the forest then she heard everything that we were saying about her. She would be upset and knowing her she would be making her way back home.'
 
Inuyasha turned to his friends and said, “Come on, we have to find Kagome. If she is upset then she is making her way to the bone eaters well to go home, we have to find her before she is attacked in the forest.”
 
Inuyasha turned and raced into the forest. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were following him as they rode on Kilala. They were racing against time to find her before anyone could attack her. They knew that she had the jewel shards with her and that alone made her a target for all the youkai in the area.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. I know this is kind of short but so many people complained about how long my chapters were so I decided to shorten them a bit. So I'm taking a vote. All those that find this length of chapter to be good don't say anything in your reviews. All those that like the long chapters let me know in your reviews.
 
I have not broken my story down in chapters yet so I can change the length of them. But I will try not to leave you in too much suspense about what is going on except sometimes it can't be helped.
 
I usually can don't update in the middle of the week but with all the reviews I have been getting on this story I owe it to all my readers.
 
Gothicpunk101 you have been very vocal about wanting updates and fast. To answer your question no pups for a while, Kagome and Sesshomaru are just engaged nothing more.
 
I want to thank all of my reviewers to this story. Even though I don't mention you individually I do read your reviews. They are all wonderful!
 
Now Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had gotten Kagome mad enough for her to run home to Mama. What is going to happen next? Well you will find out in the next chapter. Remember Sesshomaru has a lot to learn about humans and especially about Kagome. What Inuyasha said was true she will not mate unless he loves her.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!
 
Cindy