InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 11
 
Sesshomaru continued going toward his sanctuary with Kagome resting comfortably in his arms. He knew that she had used too much of her energy when she attacked him. He had seen her use her powers as she channeled it into the sword. The power she feed it was great for it made the sword grow in length and strength. She could be unbeatable if she ever learned how to control that power of hers.
 
He finally arrived at his sanctuary. He was hurting from his battle with the girl. She had gotten him good in the chest, as his armor had protected him. But it couldn't protect him from the intensity of her attack. He knew that she had caused some damage but he was not about to appear weak in front of his brother.
 
He walked into his room as he placed her on his futon. He sat next to her as he watched her sleep. Her hair was clinging to her forehead from sweating so much during her training. He loved that scent on her. It was strong and sweet at the same time and it was all her as he watched her sleeping.
 
He took a deep breathe as he sighed, `I wonder if she is going to let me explain to her why I didn't tell her about the rest of the mating procedures. I know she was mad because I lied to her but under the circumstances I didn't want her to go through that test unless I have no choice. I want her by my side and ruling the Western Lands with me. I could care less what those other Lords want or desire.'
 
He shifted as he took off his armor. He was having a hard time with it as he finally got the snaps undone. It seemed that the snaps had been melted during their fight. Once he took off his armor he felt the pain in his chest. He didn't know why he hurt so much as he pulled his juban and haori off. He looked down and his eyes opened wide with understanding.
 
The skin of his chest was blistered, swollen, and red. The blast from her purifying powers must have leaked through his defenses and touched his chest. He was in a great deal of pain as he reached over to the side of the futon and retrieved a jar of salve so he could put it on his chest.
 
It felt cool and the hurt started to go away. He knew it would take a few days for it to heal completely. He lay down next to her as he got as close as she would allow. He didn't want to push his luck with her or else she will go back home. He didn't want her to leave again so he kept his hands to himself for now as he fell asleep trying to recover from his ordeal.
 
~oOo~
 
The next morning Kagome woke up to find that she was not in her room anymore. The place looked familiar to her but she couldn't remember how she got here. She moved slightly as she heard a groan. Whoever was there was close to her as she turned her head to see who it was.
 
He eyes went wide when she saw Sesshomaru lying next to her. Her mind was racing trying to figure out why she was there with him of all people. She knew that she had been missing him for a long time but she was still mad at him for lying.
 
She knew that she owed him to at least listen to his explanation but she was not in the giving mood as she tried to get out of the futon. She noticed that he wasn't holding her so it made it that much easier to move away from him.
 
She noticed that he wasn't touching her in anyway but he was very close to where she was laying. She couldn't help but think, `is he trying to respect my wishes and not touch me because he knows I'm mad at him.'
 
Kagome didn't know what to do. She knew that she was at fault for him behaving this way. She knew deep down in her heart that if she weren't mad at him she would not have any clothes on right now.
 
She finally made it out of bed as she stood on her feet. She wavered a bit but continued to stand on her own. She was holding on to her head as a headache presented itself. `Great just what I need now, a headache.' Slowly and carefully she made her way out the door. She was being quiet so she wouldn't wake Sesshomaru.
 
She walked out of his room as she made her way towards the room she had there. She was leaning heavily on the wall as she walked. She still felt weak from her ordeal and she knew that she needed to rest some more. But she wanted to get away from Sesshomaru so she could sort through her feelings for him.
 
It felt good to wake up next to him but she was still angry with him. She was still confused and the headache didn't help her situation any as she continued to make her way to her room. She was almost there when she was grabbed from behind and something covered her mouth so she couldn't scream for help.
 
She moved her hand to her side to see if she could get her sword and found that it was gone. She cursed in her mind as she was struggling in their grasp. She almost broke free when she felt a sharp pain on her neck and everything went black.
 
~oOo~
 
The wolf demons were searching the area looking for Kagome. Koga had demanded that they find her and bring her to him. He had picked up her scent in the area when they lost it in this forest. They had all split up to search for the girl.
 
A couple of wolf demons were following their noses when they saw a village in the trees. When they got near it they noticed that it wasn't a village but a small palace that belonged to a demon. They knew that this demon was powerful as they sensed him in the area.
 
They were about to leave when they spotted the girl coming out of one of the door as she was walking along the wall. She looked weak and they figured that they could grab her before she yelled for help and take her back to Koga.
 
They moved with care, they didn't want to make any noise as they approached. They noticed that the girl didn't know that they were there as one of them rushed forward and grabbed her from behind.
 
He reached up as he covered her mouth with his hand so she couldn't scream for help. She was struggling hard in their grasp and they knew that they would never be able to move her away from here if she continued to struggle.
 
The demon that had covered her mouth moved his other hand as he gave her a quick blow to the neck. She fell unconscious and that allowed them to get her away from this place.
 
They moved with speed as they left the area heading back to where Koga was waiting for their return. One of the demons had the unconscious female draped over one shoulder as they ran away from the area.
 
They finally made it to the location where Koga was waiting for them. The other hunting parties had returned empty handed as he waited for the final groups to get back. They approached Koga with care as they placed the girl on the ground in front of their leader.
 
Koga saw as his men were returning from their search. They had a female with them as he looked on with interest. He caught the scent of the female and recognized it immediately.
 
He waited until they placed the girl on the ground in front of him. He looked at the girl and his heart leaped with joy. They had finally found her as he turned to his men and asked, “Why is she unconscious? Did you find her like this?”
 
The wolves just shook their heads as one of them said, “We found her in a small palace and she was alone and weak so we decided to grab her. She didn't even detect that we were there when we took her away.
 
She was struggling in our grasp and we knew we weren't going to be able to get her away from there unless she was unconscious. So I hit her on the neck so she quit struggling in our grasp. I threw her over my shoulder and we made our way back here. We needed to get away from that place because the demon that was there was very powerful.”
 
Koga took all this in as his fist connected with the wolves head. He was pissed beyond reason for them hurting her like this. If they would've come back to him and told him of her location he would have gone to get her himself. He knew that she was a fighter and the only way to take her was to grab her and run.
 
He looked at his men as he said, “Let this be a warning to you. If you ever touch her again or hurt her it will be your life.”
 
Koga turned when he heard Kagome moan as she was starting to wake up from her ordeal. He walked over to her and knelt by her side. He looked at her intently as she slowly opened her eyes to see where she was.
 
When Kagome's eyes came into focus she spotted Koga sitting right next to her as she quickly sat up. She saw that she had been taken away from Sesshomaru and she was weak. Not a good situation for her to be in no matter how you put it.
 
She looked up into Koga's eyes as she asked, “Koga! Why did you have me brought here? Why was I taken away from where I was located?”
 
Kagome demanded answers from Koga as she saw the smile on his face. She didn't like what this smile represented as the fear started to raise in her.
 
Koga heard what his woman was saying and then said in a very forceful voice. “You were brought here because now that Naraku has been defeated you need to take your rightful place by my side. You will become my woman and help me rule this land.”
 
Kagome's eyes grew big as she saw the determination in his eyes. He was serious about making her his woman. She squared her shoulders as she said, “I already told you that I don't love you. I have agreed to be the mate to someone else and I want to go back to him.”
 
Koga's eyes grew big at her statement. `She belongs to me and there is no way that I'm going to let her get mated to someone else.' He reached forward as he grabbed her by her arms as he said, “You belong to me and no one is going to claim you but me Kagome.”
 
Kagome was getting angry as she started to summon her powers. She was still weak and using her powers might hurt her but she was not going to be dragged away by this wolf. “I'm warning you Koga let go of me before I hurt you. I don't want to be your mate! I have someone else that I love deeply and I want to be with him. Now let go of me!”
 
At that moment her sword appeared on her side as it started to pulse. It put up a protective barrier around Kagome as it threw Koga and any other wolf demon that was near her to the edge of the forest. It encased her in a protective bubble as the wolf demons looked on in awe.
 
They have never seen such a powerful barrier before. No matter how much they tried they couldn't break into the barrier to get to Kagome.
 
Kagome was on her knees panting, the headache from before was back full force. She was exhausted and she couldn't move. She had not fully recovered from her ordeal when Koga came after her. She looked down to see her sword on her side and she couldn't be happier. It protected her from the wolf as she continued to see him try and break down the barrier.
 
Kagome's emotions were getting away from her as she had her head down. She couldn't understand why he was doing this to her as she said, “Koga, I don't understand why you're doing this. It's my choice on who I want to be with not yours.”
 
Koga stood proud as he said, “In this world Kagome when you find a strong mate you fight for her. They will produce the strongest pups to take over the pack one day. You're strong so I have chosen you to be my mate.”
 
“But I have rejected you as a mate. You're not powerful enough to help me control the powers I have. You can't protect me like the mate I have chosen. If I'm correct in my thinking it's the female that chooses the mate and not the other way around.
 
If I reject you then you can't do anything about it. It's my choice and you're not the male I have chosen. You're weak and insensitive about my feelings. Just because I'm human doesn't mean that I don't understand your customs.
 
Plus unless you win my heart you will never get the heir you want because I will never give it to you. So to mate with me would be pointless.” Said Kagome as her rage started to grow. She slowly stood on her feet as she pulled her sword from its sheath. He channeled all of her emotions into it as the sword grew in power.
 
The sword started to grow in the same way that Inuyasha's sword would grow. Koga eyes grew big when he saw this. He couldn't believe that she held this kind of power. `She is a worthy mate. I have to subdue her in order for her to be my mate. If I don't then there is no way I can take her.
 
She was right in what she was saying, the female does have the right to reject a male if she feels that he is weak and can't protect her.' He took offense to this because he knew that he could protect her. He saw as the girl got into a fighting stance and brought her sword to bear. There was a great deal of power pulsating in that sword that even he could feel the power that it had.
 
Kagome had enough of the demon standing in front of her as she said, “Now get out of my way. I'm leaving to go find my mate. If you try to stop me it will be your death.”
 
Kagome moved forward getting ready to leave when the wolves blocked her escape. She squeezed the hilt of the sword as the winds started to pick up. She was using her newfound powers with the sword as she let the winds build up.
 
She lashed out with her sword as a form of a wind scar came forward. Instead of the three bright flashes of light that Inuyasha's sword created, her sword had three powerful wind tornados that came out and started to destroy the demons standing in the clearing.
 
Koga couldn't believe the power that the girl had. She was killing his wolves as he yelled for everyone to back away from her. The ones that were still alive did as Koga stood there in front of her.
 
Kagome was getting weak. She couldn't keep up this attack if she even hoped to get back to her mate. She fell to her knees as she was panting hard. She was losing her fight to stay awake as she whispered, “Mate, please help me.” And fell unconscious on the ground.
 
Koga tried to get to the girl while she was out but the sword still protecting her. All of the wolves started to attack the barrier but it wouldn't come down. They were standing there trying to catch their breath when they heard a growl coming from behind them.
 
Koga turned slowly as he faced the new threat. To his surprise he saw Sesshomaru standing there with his sword in his hand and he did not look happy. He heard him growl as he said, “Now I will make you pay for taking my mate.”
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was asleep in his room when he felt the pulse of Tenseiga. It warned him that trouble was near as he slowly sat up in his bed. He was trying to figure out what was going on when he noticed that Kagome as gone from his bed.
 
He quickly rose to his feet as he rushed outside looking for his mate. He followed her scent and caught the scent of wolves in the air. He looked in her room to find that she was not there as he made his way back to his room.
 
He grabbed his swords and put them in his sash when he noticed that Kagome's sword was still there next to his. He cursed under his breath. He had forgotten that he had taken her sword off when he brought her back here.
 
He picked her sword up as he said, “Sanshunojingi, go to Kagome and protect her. She is in danger and in need of your protection.”
 
The sword pulsed in his hand as it came to life. It seemed to be trying to locate the girl as it disappeared from his hand. He knew that the sword would protect her until he arrived and took care of the one's that dared to take her from him.
 
He walked outside and noticed that he had forgotten to put his barrier up to protect his sanctuary. It was his fault that they had come here to take her away. He picked up on her scent as he raced into the forest.
 
He was still hurt but his main concern right now was to get to his mate. Who ever took her was going to pay with their life. No one but no one took anything that belonged to him and this girl was his.
 
He continued to race through the forest as he sensed that he was close to where Kagome was located. He felt her rage as her power spiked. He knew that she was weak from using her powers to fight him and he didn't know if she could survive a power surge such as this.
 
He moved with speed until he finally located her. She was on her knees and he noticed all of the dead demons in the area. She must have attacked with her sword as he saw her panting hard. He heard her call to him before she went unconscious.
 
He walked out of the forest as he growled his displeasure. He pulled Tokijin from its sheath as he brought it to bear. Then he said, “Now I will make you pay for taking my mate.”
 
The wolf demons didn't know what to do, they were about to be attacked again as they saw their leader take a step forward as he growled, “Did you just say that Kagome is your mate?”
 
Sesshomaru smiled as he said, “Yes, she is my intended and she has consented to be my mate. You should have heeded her warnings and stayed away. It's my fang that protects her now and it's my youkai that keep her powers at bay. You, you pathetic weak wolf, would never be able to survive one of her attacks.
 
She has already chosen a mate and you go against the laws that say it's the females choice on who she mates with. Since you are on my lands then I will deal the punishment out to you. I rule the Western Lands and if you break my laws you have to answer to me.”
 
Koga knew that he was in trouble. He didn't know that Inuyasha's brother was the Lord to the Western Lands. He knew that the Lord was a powerful demon and he kept all of the other Lords in line. He never knew that mutt face came from such fine stock.
 
Sesshomaru stood there as he eyed the wolves. He could smell the scent of their fear as they all started to back away from him. He lashed out with Tokijin as he killed half of them in one swift move.
 
The rest of the wolf demons that had survived Tokijin attack turned tail and ran leaving their leader behind. Koga saw as his pack abandoned him. They had lost faith in his leadership abilities as they left him to fend for himself.
 
Without his pack Koga was nothing. He knew that he could never beat Sesshomaru as he started to back away. He used his speed to his advantage as he left the area. He was to travel alone since his pack had rejected him as leader.
 
Sesshomaru let him go. He was weak himself and having seen that the wolf pack abandon him, he was no longer the alpha of the pack. He was to wonder alone for the rest of his life for no wolf pack would have him as a member.
 
Sesshomaru sheathed Tokijin as he walked over to his mate. He touched the barrier and it came down to allow him to get near the miko. He picked up her sword and put it in his sash as he approached his mate.
 
She was unconscious on the ground as he picked her up in his arm and nuzzled her. Kagome stirred in his arms as she opened her eyes. She saw Sesshomaru as she smiled weakly at him and said, “Mate.” And fell asleep in his arms once again.
 
Sesshomaru's heart leaped with joy as he heard her words. She had called him mate and this pleased him to no end. He summoned his demonic cloud as he took them back to his sanctuary.
 
When he got there he put up his barrier to protect his mate as he took her back to his room. This time he removed all of her clothes as he threw them off to the side. He striped his clothes as he lay down next to her and pulled her into his arms. He curled his body into hers as he covered them to keep warm.
 
He was happy. He finally had his mate again as she rested against his chest. He fell asleep this way as the warmth of her body encircled his and relaxed him so he could heal the rest of the way.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome woke about two days later. She was being held in a tight embrace and she knew that there was no way she was going to get lose. A set of strong arms encircled her body and she noticed that she didn't have any clothes on.
 
She started to move and before she even got lose from his grasp she was quickly turned over as a powerful kiss met her lips. She struggled at first but then gave in to his demands as she relaxed into his embrace.
 
He had waited two long days for her to wake up from her sleep and he was not going to let her get away from him until he had ravished her body. She was his and he needed her sweet taste to calm his demon blood.
 
He kissed her with such passion that he left her breathless when he broke from the kiss. He saw her panting from lack of air as he moved down to her neck. He felt the pulse of her blood there as his heat started to rise.
 
He continued to go down as he found her harden numb and started to suckle. He heard his mate moan in pleasure, as she was arching her back into him encouraging him further. He brought his hand down as he found her sweet spot and stared to rub her to get her juices flowing.
 
He felt that it was the right time for him to take her innocence since she had consented to be his mate as he pulled away from her nipple and said, “Kagome, I want to break your maiden head. That way when we finally mate you won't hurt that much. If I take it in the normal way the pain will be intense.”
 
Kagome mind was going foggy as she heard his words. She agreed to his wishes as she let him break it. She had heard stories about the pain that the girl will have on her first time. If he knew of a way to prevent that then she was more than willing to let him do it.
 
Sesshomaru was happy that she consented. He went back to her breast as his hand reached down and found her entrance. He slipped his finger into her as he slowly made his way to her barrier. Once he found it he released her nipple and kissed her as he broke it, making a nice clean cut
 
Kagome never even noticed that he had broken her hymen as he started to pump her with his finger. He was able to go deeper to give her such pleasures that it drove her insane. He moved when he felt that she was almost to her end as his tongue replaced his fingers and brought her to her peak.
 
Her juices where mixed with her blood and this drove him insane. He loved the taste of her blood. He continued to bring her to her peak as he lapped up her sweet juices. He couldn't help what he was doing as he continued to bring her to full orgasm, with each one being more intense than the last. When she couldn't take any more she fell unconscious in his arms as he continued to show her his love.
 
She never tasted better to him and when he finally made her his mate he knew that the mating would be intense. It will take a great deal of energy for them to mate. If they did it more than once he would be surprised.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru kept a close eye on Kagome for the next few days. He would not let her wake up for too long. She didn't have control over her powers yet and she would attack him every chance she got.
 
After she had woken up a couple of days ago and he had ravished her body for her taste. He had discovered that he could not let her be fully awake. She didn't have full control of her powers and she would blast him every chance she got while he didn't have his armor on.
 
Every time she would start coming around he would make her peak and then it would start all over again until she was unconscious. Of course he would never complain about what he did to her for it would satisfy his demon blood for now.
 
He was still injured from when she attacked him. The wounds didn't seem to be healing at all and he knew he was starting to get a fever. He took care of his wounds as best he could as he continued to watch Kagome, never once sleeping during that time.
 
He made sure that she stayed awake long enough to eat before he would lay her back down to rest. She was regaining her strength and soon he will be able to allow her to wake up on her own.
 
He finally lay down next to her exhausted. He didn't know when he fell asleep but his body was hurting and so was his head. His mind was becoming foggy as he tried to snap out of his daze. He had no idea what was wrong as he was struggling with his body. He was too sick to stay awake anymore as he fell into a dreamless sleep.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome woke up the following morning. She slowly opened her eyes as she allowed them to get focused. She was expecting him again as she still felt sore from his active attention. She almost regretted her actions until his talented tongue went to work. He would make her peak several times before she even got a chance to pay him back.
 
She moved slowly expecting for him to tighten his hold on her but to her surprise he didn't move. She turned slightly to look over her shoulder to where her mate was located. He didn't move an inch as she thought, “I wonder why he is acting this way? Maybe he's asleep, I know that he hasn't slept at all since I have come back here.”
 
She finally got up from the bed as she put her feet on the ground. It felt good just to stand on her own two feet. She wanted at bath more than anything. She looked around his room as she tried to find something to wear. Her clothes had been torn to shreds when he had taken them off.
 
She finally found something that looked like a closet as she opened it with both hands. When she peaked in she saw all manner of clothing in there for her mate. She walked in and grabbed a haori from inside the closet and put it on. Now at least she could go out and get some clothes for her bath.
 
She walked out of the room leaving Sesshomaru to sleep. He was on his side sleeping peacefully as she took one last glance and left the room. She walked into her room to find that everything she needed to take a bath was there on her bed. She grabbed everything as she left her room and went into the bathhouse.
 
She walked in and quickly washed her body as she felt the soreness in her nether region. It was still swollen from his last attention. She sighed, even though she was hurting she still loved the way he gave her pleasure. She wondered if after they were fully mated would he still show her this much attention or will he just abandon her to be on her own.
 
She shook her head to clear her mind as she got up and went into the hot springs. She slowly walked in as she let the warmth of the water encircle her body. She felt at once as the water started to sooth her aching body. It relieved the stress she was under, as she finally felt relaxed.
 
She stayed in the water for a long while allowing her body to regain some of its lost energy. After a while she started to miss something. She thought it strange that Sesshomaru had not woken up yet and joined her in the springs. She missed him as she started to have a feeling that something was wrong.
 
She got out of the water as she quickly got dressed and went towards his room. She found him in the same position and he was not moving.
 
She walked over to his side as she gently touched his shoulder. She caressed him and when he didn't move after feeling her touch she knew that something was wrong.
 
She moved on the bed as she rolled him over and noticed the redness of his chest. He was injured and his injuries were not healing. It was badly infected as you could see the puss seeping out of his wounds.
 
She gasped when she saw this. `I did this to him. I hurt him with my powers and now he might die because of it. He is never going to forgive me for this. I don't deserve to be his mate for hurting him.'
 
Tears of pain were rolling down her cheeks as she thought about what to do. She didn't think that she had enough energy to heal this kind of wound, but she had to try, because if she didn't he would not survive. He already had a fever and soon he would start growing weak.
 
She concentrated on her powers as she reached deep down inside her and summoned everything she had to heal him. She was kneeling by his side as she held out her hands over his chest. Her palms started to glow a light blue as she concentrated on what she had to do.
 
She lowered her hands to his chest as she started to heal his injuries. It was a slow and painful process for her as she channeled her energy into him. She couldn't give him too much or she could purify him. Slowly the marks on his chest started to heal as she started working on the infection that was raging in his body.
 
There was something else there too as she concentrated to see what it was. `Poison? Is there poison in his body? Is someone trying to kill him?' She started to remove the poison from his body as she continued to heal him. She was panting hard as she stopped what she was doing to catch her breath. She noticed that her headache was coming back the more tired she became.
 
She could feel that she wasn't done with him yet because he was not responding to her touches. She knew that if she continued to heal him that she might not live to feel his touch again. She had no choice she had to heal him because it was her fault that he was hurt.
 
She looked off to the side and noticed a jar sitting on a low table as she reached over and grabbed it. She opened the jar and looked inside to see what it was. It looked like the normal salve that she would put on Inuyasha when he was hurt but as she took a sniff she noticed that there was something else in there too.
 
It smelled bitter not like the salve she would make for wounds. It had all the other herbs in it that she would use. She knew it had poison in it and that was the cause of him being like this. She looked in the jar and notice that it was half empty. `He must have used half of this on his wounds. He has a lot of poison in his body and I have to get rid of it.'
 
She put the jar down as she got herself ready to heal him the rest of the way. She was tired but she didn't have a choice in the matter. She had to heal him or risk losing him forever.
 
She started to concentrate on her powers and found that she was just too tired to summon them. Her headache was getting in her way of thinking clearly. She was getting upset as she let her emotions get away from her. Her powers were increasing as her desire to heal him fueled her resolve.
 
She knew that if she couldn't control her emotions she could wind up hurting him even worse. She was trying to regain her control, but seeing Sesshomaru like this, she was fighting a losing battle.
 
She was on her knees as she was trying to concentrate on controlling her emotions when she heard a pulse in the room. She looked up to see that Tenseiga was pulsing. She struggled to her feet as she walked over to where the swords were lying, placing her hands on the table. She was panting hard from just moving the short distance to the sword. Her headache was still increasing in volume. She looked at it as she felt the sword call out to her.
 
She was fighting with her body and breathing hard, she didn't want to allow her powers to get lose and hurt her mate even worse. When she fell to her knees her hand slid across the table and touched the sword as it engulfed her body in a golden light.

Kagome gave a cry as she felt the surge of power emerge from her body. She was in complete control, as she seemed to be in a trance. She wrapped her fingers around the hilt of the sword as she took it with her when she walked over to Sesshomaru.
 
She placed her hand on his chest as she started to concentrate once more. She engulfed his body in a powerful healing aura as she finished purging the poison from his body.
 
Slowly Sesshomaru started to stir as he opened his eyes and let them focus. He was tired and his body hurt. Then he felt a gentle touch on his chest as he turned his head to the right and noticed that Kagome was sitting there by his side with her hand on his chest.
 
Her eyes were glassy and they had a distant look in them. It looked like they had no life in them what so ever. Her skin was pale and she was breathing hard from healing him. He felt as she was feeding him some of her energy to get him stronger.
 
He noticed that she was holding his sword, Tenseiga, in her hand and it was glowing a golden color. It was the same color that his mate had around her body. He furrowed his eyebrows together deep in thought as he called, “Kagome?”
 
Kagome continued to pour her power into her mate. When she felt that he was completely healed she reseeded her powers back. The golden glow that surrounded her body went away as she rolled her eyes back in her head and fell forward.
 
Sesshomaru seeing that his mate had passed out reached over and grabbed her before she fell to the floor. He pulled her on the bed along with the sword as he looked at her. The Tenseiga was back to normal as it rested in the palm of her hand.
 
He removed the sword and placed it on the table next to the futon. He reached up with his hand as he stroked her cheek. She was unconscious as he held her in his arm. He felt that she had used a tremendous amount of her powers to heal his wounds.
 
He looked down at his chest and noticed that all of his wounds were completely healed. He felt weak but he felt better than before. He looked at his mate and knew that she had saved his life. He had felt like he was going to die and leave her behind when he was pulled back to this world.
 
A bright light had shown him the way back and when he opened his eyes she was there next to him. He had no idea why she was holding onto the Tenseiga. No one but him has ever touched his sword. Anyone that had tried to possess the sword had been attacked by it. To see her holding it in her hand meant that the Tenseiga accepted her as one of its owners.
 
But what amazed him was that she was drawing upon the power of Tenseiga as she was healing him. He didn't know what this all meant as he pulled her closer to his chest. He would have to ponder this later as he closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep with Kagome cradled in his arms.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. I have been asked how many chapters is in this story. Well if you go by my other stories that I have written there is nothing less than 25 chapters. But I not done writing this story yet. I can tell you that it is over 361 typed pages and I have only posted about 166 of them so you do the math.
 
I have to decide on how I want to end this story so that is what is taking me so long. If I decide not to go with a sequel I want a clean break in the story but if I do decide to go for a sequel then I will have to leave something for later. I have not decided yet.
 
I have gotten wonderful responses to this story and I wanted to thank everyone who has left me a review. You are all very kind and have picked up my spirit when I have been down. For that I thank you.
 
I wanted to wish each and everyone out there a Happy Thanks Giving. There is no greater love than to have your family and friends around you during this time of year. For me it means that I will forever hold two people close to my heart as they have passed to a better life. Mike who died this year of cancer and to my baby sister who died 8 years ago due to Lupus. They are sorely missed during this time of year.
 
Kagome was devastated to learn that she had hurt her intended with her inability to control her powers. She is heart broken now thinking that he would reject her for this. Sesshomaru on the other hand must learn what it is to sacrifice and protect the one he loves. In the next chapters these two will be tested once again to see if their love will survive the trial that the fates has set upon them.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne! Cindy