InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 35 ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 35
 
The sky was black as night, the stars twinkled in the distance as if saying hello to all the weary travelers who dared to venture out on this cold winter night. The full moon was lighting the way for a lone youkai flying in its skies. The powerful beast flapped his wings as it searched the ground below for a suitable place to land for the night.
 
He wanted a place where his master would not be disturbed and could be safe with his mate. Their safety was the most important thing to him at the moment and he was searching high and low for this special place.
 
His master was sitting on his back as he held his mate close to his chest. His tail was wrapped around her for warmth. He looked regal sitting there with his hair flowing behind him as the wind hit it. His silver hair shown brightly for all to see as it was giving off a powerful glow that showed the power that he held within.
 
He needed to find a place soon so they could rest. Even with his body giving off heat his charges were still cold. The biting wind was even cutting into his own skin as he made his way through the night sky looking for the perfect place to last.
 
Off in the distance he spotted the perfect place for them. The steam coming off the land proved that it was a hot spring and a large one. He scanned the land below to see if there were any intruders in the area, but there were no villages near this place and no youkai in the area that would pose a threat to this master.
 
He made his way down to the large hot spring as he landed gently on the warm ground. The place was beautiful. The moon shown brightly on the water as it reflected off its light to give the place a heavenly glow.
 
His master sensing that he had landed looked around and nodded his approval of the location. They lowered themselves to the ground allowing their master to get off with ease. He moved with grace across the clearing as he found the perfect spot for them to rest.
 
Sesshomaru glanced around the area that his pet had selected for them to rest. It was warm in the area and he didn't sense any intruders near them. He stopped as he concentrated and placed a strong barrier around the area so they could rest in peace. He didn't want any surprises for the remainder of the night.
 
He looked up into the sky as he noticed that the moon was full. He gave a big sigh as he found the perfect spot for them, it was soft and would be comfortable for the night. He put the blanket down and then placed his mate on it so she could sleep. He laid down next to her as he brought her into his arms and cuddled right next to her. He brought his tail around and draped it over them to keep them warm as they settled down for the night.
 
As Sesshomaru laid there he was deep in thought, `Tonight our bond becomes permanent. It has taken us a month to travel here and finally win control over the Southern Lands. It's been a long month for both my mate and myself.
 
Now we are both so tired that the only thing I can do is renew her mating mark to seal the bond. I need to wake her so she can renew her mark on me as well and then we could both sleep for the rest of the night.'
 
He nuzzled her as he started to lick her neck to try and wake her. He found his mating mark as he licked it to get it ready. He heard his mate moan in his arms as his passion for her grew. His fangs became longer as he gently bit into her neck renewing her mating mark.
 
Kagome felt in the farthest reaches of her mind that her mate wanted attention from her. She felt his tongue on her neck as she moaned her delight. Then she felt when he bit her and a surge of power went through her body at the same time. She felt her instincts take over as she sought her mating mark and did the same thing to her mate.
 
Her fangs grew longer as she bit her mate on his neck where her mating mark was located and drank of his blood.
 
Once they had both bitten each other there was a surge of power that was released as their bonding became permanent. They were joined for all eternity and no one would ever separate them. They each released the neck of the other as they licked their wounds closed. They fell asleep in each other's arms as they were protected for the rest of the night.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru finally started to come around sometime the next day. It was well pass morning as he opened his eyes to see where he was located. He noticed his peaceful surroundings and the hot springs that was near them.
 
He felt movement in his arms as he looked down and saw that his mate was finally waking up. He looked at her with concern as he waited for her to open her eyes.
 
The foggy clouds of sleep were starting to go away as Kagome was slowly waking up. She was still tired and sore. She knew that she had plenty of sleep but she felt very weak for some reason. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed that she was looking at a very smooth and hard chest.
 
Her cheeks flushed as she raised her head and saw her mate looking at her with concern. She furrowed her eyebrows together as she asked, “Sesshomaru what's wrong?”
 
Sesshomaru was happy to see his mate, he was concerned that something was wrong as he said, “I was worried that you might still be hurt and needed to rest some more. I know you probably still feel drained of your energy but don't worry you will soon regain your strength. It will just take some time for you to recover.”
 
Kagome smiled as she tried to sit up. She finally sat up with the help of her mate and she was surprised that she was still this weak. She was confused with what was going on as she turned to her mate and asked, “Why do I feel so weak? I have never seen you this weak before and you don't look to be in pain like me.”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled and said, “I'm not a miko/inu youkai like you. When you use both of those powers together it drains you even faster than it does me. I'm used to fighting for long periods of time as a youkai, so I have trained myself to recover quickly, you my love still have to learn this.
 
You did well when we fought against Kumar. You defeated two very powerful dragons and then you put up a strong barrier to protect everyone around us when Kumar attacked. You did all this with the small amount of power that you regained from your rest.
 
But the fight is not over yet. We have possession of the Southern Lands. Now all we need to do is get everyone to agree that we are the rightful rulers and then have them obey the western laws. Once we have accomplished this then we can set about making everything right for the lands.
 
I know that food will no longer be an issue for the people since you have replenished all of the food in the storehouses and the animals have come back into the forest.
 
We have to head back before they come looking for us, thinking that something is wrong. But before we head back would you like to join me in the hot springs?”
 
Kagome heard her mate purr out his last request as her body shivered with delight. She agreed as they both got up and went toward the hot springs. They stripped their clothes and got in as they enjoyed the warmth of the water against their skin.
 
After they had given each other a bath they got out and dressed so they could head back to the castle of the south.
 
They found Ah and Un in the clearing waiting for them. Sesshomaru climbed on top first, and then he pulled Kagome into his lap as his arms went around her form to keep her warm while they traveled.
 
Sesshomaru gave the go ahead to the dragon as they took off and headed back. They knew that when they got back there would be a very worried hanyou waiting for them.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha was outside waiting for his brother to return. He was glad that they didn't come back early this morning for they weren't done with the castle yet. They had finished a little while long ago and now they were waiting for Sesshomaru's return.
 
He just hoped that the castle was up to his standards. It was not easy to get this place cleaned up. It looked like no one had ever cleaned it but now it smelled clean and it was not irritating to his nose, something that he knew that his brother would hate.
 
He sensed a powerful aura coming towards the castle as he looked up into the sky. He saw Ah and Un returning with Sesshomaru and Kagome. He could tell that Kagome had not fully recovered her energy yet and that she was still weak.
 
The servants all gathered outside to await the new lords arrival. They didn't know what to expect from them and they were all very nervous.
 
The dragon landed gently on the ground as it roared the arrival of his master to all in the castle. They lowered themselves down to the ground to allow his mistress to get down with ease as they both slipped off his back.
 
A servant came running up as he looked at the dragon with fear. He wanted to take the dragon to a place where they could rest and be feed. But the dragon was not about to go with him as they growled at the one that was trying to take them away.
 
Kagome saw what was going on with the dragon as she stepped away from her mate and went to Ah and Un. She petted both heads as she gently spoke to them. “Ah, Un, please go with him. He will take you to a place where you can rest and have some food. I know you're protective of me but I'm with Sesshomaru and I'm safe. If I need you I will call.”
 
The dragon heard his mistress as they obeyed. They allowed the servant to take their reins so he could take them to their temporary home.
 
Kagome saw the uneasiness of the dragon as she turned to the servant and said, “Please make sure they are well taken care of. They're loyal friends and I want to make sure that they are treated kindly.”
 
“Yes, milady, I will see to their comfort and make sure that they have plenty to eat.” Said the servant as he bowed to Kagome.
 
Kagome saw the dragon settle down as they allowed the servant to take them away. She turned and walked back to her mate as they made their way into the castle and to Inuyasha.
 
As soon as Sesshomaru and Kagome started walking the servants kneeled in their presence as they continued on their journey toward the castle.
 
Sesshomaru was very pleased that everything was cleaned up. The stench from the previous day was mostly gone from the castle. He approached his brother and the rest of his soldiers as he said, “Rise.” He said it loud enough for everyone to hear as they all stood.
 
Inuyasha stood as he faced his brother. He looked at Kagome with concern. He could tell that she has not fully regained her strength and she looked exhausted.
 
Kagome looked at Inuyasha and gave him a small smile. She understood his concerns for her as she tried to reassure him that she was fine. She stepped forward just a little and asked, “Inuyasha? Were you hurt during the attack? Is everyone all right? Do you have anyone that requires my services?”
 
Inuyasha couldn't help but smile as he heard all of Kagome's question. She was still concerned for everyone else and never for her own welfare. That was his Kagome as he said, “I'm fine Kagome. We had some people that were hurt but everyone has healed already so no one needs your help.”
 
Inuyasha then turned his attention to his brother as he said, “We have summoned all of the minor lords of the Southern Lands. They should be here by late afternoon. The Grand Audience Chambers have been set up to welcome everyone.
 
We figure that we will have some that will resist the Western Lands laws but I think that we can handle them. I will have soldiers placed everywhere in the chambers to make sure that everything is kept secured.
 
A place has been made available for you and Kagome to rest until the other lords arrive. If you like I can show you where it's located.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his brother and he was quiet impressed that he had gotten everything ready for the formal assumption of the Southern Lands. He knew that there were some demons that will fight his mates right to calm the Southern Lands but he was sure that they could handle it.
 
He didn't want his mate to fight anymore today. She was still too weak and if she continued to push herself it could cause serious damage to her recovering body.
 
She could not stand on her own and she was currently leaning on him heavily. He turned to his brother and said, “That will be acceptable for the moment. We will rest until the other lords gather then we will officially take control of the Southern Lands.
 
You have all done well in preparing the castle you have my and my mates gratitude.”
 
Inuyasha inclined his head slightly to his brother as a sign of respect as he led him to the Lords bedchambers.
 
Everything had been prepared for them. Inuyasha knew that his brother would choose to rest with Kagome for the rest of the afternoon. He assured his brother that his presence was not needed and that everything would be ready for the ceremony.
 
They finally reached the bedchambers as he opened the door for his brother and stepped aside to allow him to enter. Inuyasha immediately saw the look of displeasure in his features and he knew why.
 
The room was way smaller than the one he had back in the Western Lands. If you really looked at this castle you could fit two of these castles in the western castle easy. He saw as his brother walked over to the bed and placed Kagome tired body on it. He sat down next to her gently stroking her cheeks as she closed her eyes. His caresses always relaxed her.
 
At that moment a servant came in with some food for them as she placed it on the table and then left the room quickly.
 
Inuyasha closed the door leaving them alone until the ceremony. He just hoped that Kagome would get some much-needed rest.
 
Kagome noticed the look on her mate's features and she was worried. She didn't understand what was wrong with him as she looked at him and asked, “Sesshomaru? Is something wrong with the room?”
 
Sesshomaru snorted as he replied, “These rooms are much smaller than those back home. But they will due for now.” He turned his attention to the food that was brought into the room as he asked, “Mate, are you hungry? They have brought some food for us to eat.”
 
Kagome nodded that she was as she tried to get up to go get some food. Sesshomaru stopped her movement as he placed his strong hand on her shoulder. He motioned for her to stay put as he got up and went to retrieve the food for her.
 
She smiled when she saw him do this for her as she thought, `He must really be worried about me. I am feeling really weak and I don't know why. Maybe if I eat and then rest I can recover some of my energy. Hopefully that will get him to stop worrying about me.'
 
Sesshomaru walked back to his mate with her food and gave it to her. She smiled in thanks and ate her food as he watched. He wanted to make sure that she ate all of it. Once she was done she laid down and immediately fell asleep.
 
Sesshomaru smiled as he laid down with his mate. It had been a long time since they had both laid down in a bed. He brought her body closer to his as he cradled her in his arms. He lowered his nose into her hair and inhaled her sweet scent. He relaxed for the first time in a month as he fell asleep with her. Her scent encircling his senses as his youkai purred lulling them into a peaceful sleep.
 
~oOo~
 
The minor lords started arriving at the castle as they showed them into the Grand Audience Chamber. Once they all had arrived the meeting started.
 
General Hisoka stepped forward as he addressed the minor lords of the south. “My Lords, you have all been invited here today to greet the new Lord and Lady of the South.
 
We all know that Lord Kamlyn and his daughter were killed but we were never told how they met with their demise. I have found out the truth and General Kumar has kept this information from all of you.
 
Lord Kamlyn and his daughter were defeated in battle. Lady Kagome was the intended mate for Lord Sesshomaru of the West. During her testing, to see if she was a worthy mate for the Lord of the West, she defeated him in battle. When he went after her pups she had no choice but to kill him to prevent him from harming them.
 
Once the rest of the Lords deemed her worthy to be the mate of the Lord of the West, Sora, challenged her for the right to mate.
 
Again Lady Kagome could not back down from the challenge and fought her as well. She defeated her in battle because she would not submit and died.
 
Lady Kagome is the rightful heir to the Southern Lands. She has proven to this Hisoka that she is worthy to be called Lady of the South and she is very powerful.
 
It is with great pleasure that I introduce the Lord and Lady of the Southern Lands, Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Kagome.”
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru walked in from a side door into the audience chamber. Sesshomaru was dressed in a black hakama and haori. It had golden sakara blossoms along the hem of his haori. He wore his armor on top with his swords neatly tucked in a golden sash on his sides. The dark clothes made his silver hair shine against it making him look like a heavenly being.
 
Kagome was elegantly dressed in a similar kimono and hakama. Hers was also black with golden sakara blossoms along the edge of the sleeve and hem of the kimono. She had a blue crescent moon on the back. Her hakama was almost form fitting allowing anyone to see the shape of her legs. Her swords were strapped to her side as the slits in her kimono came up to about thigh high showing off her beautifully shaped legs.
 
Her skin glowed beautifully as she stood by her mate, making her blue eyes sparkle as she looked at the gathered lords from the Southern Lands.
 
She was scanning the area trying to find which ones will be given them trouble for taking over the southern lands. She didn't have to wait for long as the one's that were greeting them warmly were interrupted by the one's who would defy her for taking her rightful place as Lady of the South.
 
A tall Black Panther youkai stepped forward along with four others. A snake youkai, a boar youkai, a golden inu youkai, and some sort of a lizard youkai stepped forward with him. They all stood side by side as they made their presence known.
 
Sesshomaru was eyeing these youkai's with caution. These seemed to be the most powerful of the group and therefore held a good portion of the territory for the south. They will have to get rid of these troublemakers before the peace could be restored in this region.
 
The Black Panther seemed to be the proclaimed speaker for the group as he said, “We have all heard General Hisoka speech about how the wench up there killed our lord. We know for a fact that he was a powerful lord and there is no way that a lowly female could have beaten him. This wench lies and she does not deserve to be called Lady of the South.”
 
A loud growl was heard around the chambers as Sesshomaru silenced the room that was in turmoil. The other lords backed away from the fools that would dare challenge the Ladies claim. They have all heard and some have even witnessed her powers and they were not about to get in the line of fire.
 
“You will do well, you pathetic cat, to watch your tongue around my mate. Insulting her will be your death by my hand.” Said Sesshomaru as his eyes turned blood red with his anger. He had his tail wrapped around Kagome's waist possessively.
 
He had a hold of her not to protect her but to prevent her from attacking the fool in front of them. While the idiot was talking and at the first mention of the word wench his mate's aura had flared. Her eyes became red with rage and he needed to calm her. It wouldn't do to have her attack them fully without them challenging first.
 
Kagome was seeing red as the fool in front of her insulted her by calling her wench. `How dare this arrogant demon call me a wench, I will show him a thing or two on manners.' At that moment she felt her mate wrap his tail around her waist as it calmed her. She was still seeing red but she was still able to hold on to her control for the moment.
 
The panther seemed unaffected by the demon lords comments as he said, “Feh, I thought that the Lord of the Western Lands would have done better in choosing a worthier mate than this wench. We will not accept her as Lady of the South. We do not believe your claim that she defeated Lord Kamlyn.”
 
This time everyone heard Kagome's hackles and deep snarls as she tried to move forward but was restrained by her mate. She was slowly losing her fight with her temper and her inner inu wanted to extract vengeance on the one that had insulted her.
 
Inuyasha seeing what was going on stepped to the other side of Kagome as he tried to calm her. He could tell that his brother was having a hard time keeping her restrained.
 
“You challenge this Sesshomaru for the Southern Lands!” Sesshomaru had enough of this cat, he was about to go out there and tear him to shreds.
 
“No, we challenge the claim that your mate has over the lands. We know that you are strong in your own right. But we don't believe that this wench could kill our lord. You are only here because she has a claim to the Southern Lands. But if she fights and defeats us then there will be no doubt to her claim.” Said the panther with a sneer. He could tell that this wench was weak.
 
Sesshomaru was about to say no when his mate stepped closer to him and said, “I will take the challenge, if I don't then everything we have done over the last month will be for nothing. The people of this land are depending on us to rule fair and just, we can not let them down.”
 
Sesshomaru growled at Kagome he didn't want to let her fight five opponents at once. He knew that she was weak and this could hurt her greatly. “Kagome, I can not permit you to fight. If you do it could kill you.”
 
Kagome looked at her mate and she saw the worry in his eyes as she said, “Sesshomaru, trust me. I know what I'm doing and I'm not as weak as you think I am. Please…”
 
Sesshomaru had to bend to her will. He had to show her that he trusted her judgment. He looked at the panther as a vicious growl left his chest and said, “Very well, my mate has agreed to the fight.” Sesshomaru turned to his brother as he commanded, “Inuyasha prepare an area, the fight will take place outside the castle.”
 
Inuyasha bowed and left to go do what his brother had requested. Within minutes everyone left the Grand Audience Chamber and went outside for the fight. They had set up torches illuminating the area before the sun lowered over the horizon. They didn't have much light left as the challengers faced off in the field.
 
Sesshomaru pulled Kagome into his embrace and said in her ear, “Kagome be careful out there. I have faith and trust in you. I know that you can defeat them but be careful of that panther. They are known to be tricky fighters.”
 
Kagome reached up and licked his chin before she pulled away from his embrace as she faced off with the five that challenged her. Kagome pulled Kenjikago from its sheath as she silently called for Midoriko.
 
They merged together as one to fight as Midoriko said in her mind. `My daughter, you will have to use the power of the Shikon Jewel within you to defeat these five. I will help you all the way. Four will fall quickly but the panther will be difficult to defeat. We will use a combination of your miko and demonic powers to defeat these fools so peace can once again rule the land.'
 
Kagome silently agreed with Midoriko as she took a fighting stance against the five challengers. A high-pitched whistle signaled the start of the battle as the five challengers moved around Kagome trying to find her weak spot.
 
The first to attack was the snake youkai as it rushed forward with his sword raised, his snake like head hissing at Kagome as he came closer.
 
Kagome saw him coming and waited for the attack, she was keeping her senses open on the other four that surrounded her. The snake attacked as Kagome blocked and quickly turned in another direction as she placed her hand on his back and purified him on the spot. He cried an agonizing scream as he disappeared.
 
Kagome swung her sword around her body and came back into a defensive position, waiting for the next attack. The other four youkai's looked on in shock. They didn't know that this demon possessed miko powers. They would have to be more careful when they attack and make sure that she was not that close to them.
 
It didn't take anything at all to defeat the snake youkai but of course he was the weakest of the five. The other four seemed to be thinking about what to do next as the Boar and the Lizard youkai attacked at the same time.
 
Kagome saw them coming as she deflected and pushed the boar youkai back and then quickly turned to block the Lizard youkai. They were keeping their distance from her as she continued to avoid them both.
 
At one point Kagome had them close enough to her as she lashed out with her youkai whip and sliced them both in half as they fell dead on the ground. She looked at the last two remaining opponents, as she got ready. She knew that they would attack at the same time to try to keep her off balance.
 
The Inu Youkai came in first as he drew his claws for attack. The panther at the last minute decided to join the attack as he raced in.
 
Kagome didn't have a choice. She would have to fight one first as she blocked the other.
 
The Inu Youkai was the first to attack Kagome. The sword on her side pulsed to life, as it would protect her from any attack. The Inu Youkai sent out a powerful attack from his demonic powers as it went straight toward Kagome. She lashed out with her sword and yelled, “HOGOSHUGO!”
 
The blast of purifying power came out of her sword as it destroyed the Inu Youkai attack. Her blast was so powerful that it continued on it's way toward the Inu as she turned to engage the panther.
 
The Inu Youkai was too far gone in his rage to notice the attack that Kagome had sent his way. The purifying beam went straight for him and before he could move out of the way it purified him to oblivion.
 
Now Kagome had only one opponent to deal with as she fought against the panther. Her eyes were turning red with rage as they traded blows on the field.
 
The minor lords and soldiers that were witnessing the fight were cheering Kagome on as they showed her their support in the battle. She was truly powerful and they believed that she had defeated Kamlyn in a fight.
 
Sesshomaru watch as his mate fought in the battle. She was taking out the weakest lords first before she took on the strongest. He saw as she dealt a killing blow to the Inu Youkai and now she was facing her strongest opponent. The panther was strong and he had no doubt that he would change into his true form to finish this fight.
 
The panther demon was finding it difficult to defeat the wench in front of him. She was very powerful and she had already taken care of the other lords who would defy her rule. She was blocking all of his attacks with ease as he tried to think of a way to kill her.
 
He sent wave after wave of attacks toward Kagome. She blocked them all or she would use a spell to stop the panther's attack. She was getting tired and she needed to end this soon or she would be in trouble.
 
Kagome leaped into the air as the panther ran by her. She twisted in mid air as she yelled, “Purifying Blades!!” Slashing her claws in a downward motion releasing her attack.
 
The blades hit home as she saw the panther go down to the ground. He was now hurt badly and couldn't move as freely.
 
The panther had about enough, he was not going to be defeated by a lowly female as he started to transform. He grew into his true demonic form as the Black Panther stood in the middle of the field, what he didn't expect was that Kagome would meet his challenge as she also transformed into her true form.
 
A beautiful white Inu Youkai stood in the field as she faced off with the panther. Everyone had gasped when they saw her transform into her true form. They didn't know that she was capable of this not even the youkai standing in front of her.
 
The panther observed as the wench transformed into her true form. They faced off with each other as they growled and hissed at each other. The panther was the first to attack as he leaped toward Kagome.
 
Kagome saw him coming, side stepped his attack, and as he went by she hit him hard with her tail. The cat went down hard as he got up again and attacked. His claws reached out as it hit Kagome on the side of her body.
 
Kagome fell from the impact as she got up again. She had enough of this fool as she whipped her tail around and the purifying blades came out of her tail and hit the panther head on. He fell as Kagome took the advantage and attacked. She grabbed him by the throat as she bit down hard injecting him with her poison.
 
She ripped a piece of his throat out as she jumped back waiting for him to get up. The poison worked faster than the last time she had used it, as the panther never got up from his spot on the ground. He died a slow and agonizing death as this body quit convulsing signifying that he was dead.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was watching the entire fight. His mate was holding her own against the cat. When he transformed Sesshomaru almost lost it. It had taken his brother, the general, and a few others to restrain him and not go after the offending youkai.
 
When his mate transformed into her true form he knew that the demon didn't have a chance.
 
Sesshomaru finally got lose from his brother and the others as he made his way toward his mate. He saw her breathing hard as he growled to get her attention.
 
Kagome looked down at the youkai that had growled at her. She snarled as she picked up a scent that she recognized. She lowered her head as she sniffed. She caught the scent of her mate and she started to purr with contentment. He was rubbing her nose as she heard him say, “Mate, transform back.”
 
Kagome complied with his wishes as she transformed back into her human form.
 
Sesshomaru watched as she transformed. He was worried that she might not have her clothes and he was ready for that. Once she was back in human form he noticed that she had her clothes on as he helped her to stand.
 
Kagome leaned heavily on Sesshomaru. She was tired and wanted to go to sleep. She felt as he picked her up in his arms and cradled her against his chest. He purred as it lulled her to sleep.
 
He turned as he looked into the crowd and challenged anyone to defy her rule. They all kneeled in front of him submitting to the laws of the Western Lands. They accepted them fully as Lord and Lady of the South as they gave their pledge of loyalty to them.
 
Sesshomaru continued to walk toward the castle as he went to put his mate to bed. She needed to rest and he was going to make sure she got it.
 
Once he got into the room that they occupied earlier today he laid Kagome down on the bed. He had to make sure that she was protected while she slept. His presence was required for the signing of the treaties between all of the minor lords of the land.
 
He approached the window as he took his thumb and cut a crescent moon in it. Once his thumb was bleeding he pressed it on the four corners of the window. He went to the door and did the same thing to it. He started chanting his spells as he put barriers around it to make sure no one could enter the room or send any spells or curses toward his mate.
 
When he was done the room was protected with everything he knew just like in the Western Lands.
 
He turned as he heard his mate starting to wake up. A frowned came upon his features as his mate started to sit up in bed. She needed her rest and he knew that she was stubborn enough not to rest to prove to everyone that she was strong.
 
He walked over to the bed as he sat down next to her. He hated to do this but he had to make sure that her body recovered the energy that it had lost. He could see how low her energy was and she needed to rest.
 
He leaned down and kissed her as he started his spell. His inner inu knew what he wanted to do as he started to purr to relax his mate. He felt her fight against him but he continued as his purrs soothed her and his spell placed her in a deep sleep. She would not wake up until he woke her up so she could eat. Then all he had to do was kiss her crescent moon to put her to sleep again.
 
When he broke from the kiss he kissed her forehead to set the seal as he saw her relax in a deep sleep. He laid her down on the bed and made sure that she was comfortable. He stood as he left the room activating the barrier.
 
It was going to be a long night but one that he had to see through until all of the treaties were signed. He will have to get Kagome to sign all of the treaties at a later date to make them official.
 
Sesshomaru walked back to the Grand Audience Chamber as he took his seat on the dais. He waited as one by one the minor lords of the lands sighed the papers then he would sign and place the Western Lords seal on the documents making them official. He told all present that when his mate woke up that he would have her sign them and they would each receive a copy of the document.
 
And so it went for the rest of the night until all the treaties were signed. By the time he was done the sun was coming up over the horizon. He took a deep breath as he rubbed his tired eyes. He sensed that his brother was coming closer to him as he heard him say. “Is Kagome going to be all right? She didn't get hurt fighting in that fight did she?”
 
“No brother, she will recover but I had to subdue her with a sleeping spell to keep her unconscious. I know that she wouldn't have rested if I didn't. She was still too agitated from the battle to rest so I forced her.” Said Sesshomaru in a weary voice. He was tired himself.
 
Inuyasha chuckled as he said, “You know that she is going to be pissed once she figures out what it is you did to her. Just watch your back when she is awake.”
 
For once Sesshomaru chuckled at his brother as he said, “Yes I know.”
 
~oOo~
 
For one week Sesshomaru kept Kagome asleep in their room. He only woke her to make sure that she ate her food and took her baths.
 
She had figured out what it was that he was doing to her and would fight him every time he would put her to sleep. He had to reinforce and change his spells each time so she wouldn't break it. She had almost broken one of his spells but he had caught it in time.
 
He had no choice since she wouldn't stay in their room to rest and he was still worried about her health. She was regaining her strength back as he saw her aura getting stronger.
 
By the end of the seventh day she had recovered fully. He removed the spell while she was still asleep in bed as he left to take care of some business.
 
Kagome was slowly waking up from her sleep. She felt that her strength had returned as she looked around expecting her mate to be somewhere nearby. When her eyes finally focused she noticed that she was alone in their room. She sat up in bed and was shocked that Sesshomaru was gone. `Has he finally left me alone so I can wonder the castle and see what is going on?'
 
Kagome got up out of bed and went to get cleaned up. Once she had her bath she went back to her room and got dressed for the day. She felt lonely in this place because she had no one to talk to. At home she has Nasume and she was always with her. Here the servants were too scared to even speak to her.
 
She tried many times but they never uttered a word to her. The fear coming from them was great as she backed down not wishing to cause them any more stress. Clearly the servants were scared to death of her or someone had instilled fear in them. She sighed as she went outside to get some fresh air. Being cooped up in the castle for a week was driving her crazy.
 
The air outside the castle was cold as she wrapped her cape around her body to keep warm. She knew that Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were in a meetings all day and that effectively left her alone for the rest of the day.
 
She wondered the grounds thinking what she was going to do with the gardens once it got warm again. She thought about bringing Rin here with her so they can make the gardens here even more beautiful than in the Western Lands. These would be her gardens and she wanted them to be special.
 
She continued to walk as she sensed something in the distance. It was faint but she could still smell it. The odor was very distinct as she recognized it. She knew that the female was in trouble and unless she reached her in time she would lose the child she carried.
 
She hurried to the gate as she yelled, “Open the gate!”
 
The guard who was guarding the gate replied, “I'm sorry my lady but I can't open the gates for anyone. Lord Sesshomaru has given orders that no one is to leave the castle without his permission. It will be my death if I let you leave my lady.”
 
Kagome's anger started to peak as she thought, `So he thinks that he can keep me locked up in this castle huh? Well I have something else for him.'
 
Kagome started to concentrates as she called for Ah and Un, “Ah, Un, please come to me. I need you right now. I'm located by the north gate.”

~oOo~
 
Ah and Un were resting in a holding pen that they provided for them. They were lonely and bored. They missed their mistress. They had not seen her for a week and they wondered if she even remembered that they were there. They wouldn't let them out to stretch their legs because the first time they did that they had bolted for the castle with his keeper hanging on to their reins.
 
His master had been the one to calm them as they were looking for their mistress. His master had ordered them back to their pen and here they had stayed since then. They sighed thinking that they will never get out of here when they heard her calling for them.
 
They picked their heads up as they roared. Their mistress needed them and they were determined to get to her. They reared on their hind legs as their front claws hit the gate that was keeping them from leaving. They broke it with one swift kick as they bolted from the pen.
 
They came to the locked doors as they kicked them open as well and as soon as they were outside they bolted into the air. It felt good to be flying again as they went straight for their mistress. They spotted her by the gate as they landed near her.
 
Kagome saw the dragon coming her way and she was happy to see them as they landed right in front of her. She walked up to the dragon as she petted each head in turn. She heard the dragon purr with delight. She giggled as she said, “I missed you too Ah, Un. But I have a favor to ask there is someone in trouble and I need you to help me find her.”
 
The dragon agreed as they lowered themselves down to allow her to get on their back. Once she was on they took off into the air with their mistress holding on tight to the reins. They were about to go forward when a barrier stopped their moments. They roared their frustration as Kagome saw what was wrong.
 
She put her hands together as she concentrated on her powers. They were not going to keep her locked in this castle when someone needed her help. She made a hole in the barrier as the dragon took off.
 
The guards on the ground watched as the Lady of the South took off into the sky with the dragon. They knew that she couldn't get far because of the barrier that surrounded the castle. When the dragon hit it they all laughed as they saw that they couldn't leave.
 
Their laughing completely stopped when they saw the barrier open and the Lady flew away with her dragon into the unknown forest. The alarm went out as the guard's scrambled to follow their lady. They knew it would be their heads for letting her leave the castle grounds after their lord specifically told them not to let her leave.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was in a meeting on how to develop the lands to produce more food for their people come the spring. They were dividing the different regions with growing plans as they heard the alarms being sounded around the castle.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha bolted out of the room trying to find out what was wrong when one of the guards came running toward them. They kneeled as they said, “Milord the Lady of the South has left the castle grounds with her dragon.
 
She took off heading east saying that someone needed her help. She had requested to have the gates opened and when we refused based on your orders she called the dragon, opened the barrier herself, and then left.
 
We have soldiers following her but it is difficult in the deep snow milord.”
 
Sesshomaru growled as he left and went outside. He sniffed the air and couldn't pick up on her or the dragons scent. He couldn't sense them in the area either as he growled his frustrations.
 
Inuyasha was standing by his side as he got the same thing he did. “Kagome is hiding their aura and scent. This was the same thing she did to me when she left to go to the Western Lands to retrieve the shards from you.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what his brother was saying. If she was doing this then it will be impossible to find her. He formed his cloud under his feet as he lifted off the ground. He turned to his brother and said, “I will find Kagome, continue with the meeting and I will return as soon as possible.”
 
He took off in the direction that the guards had told him she was heading in. `Why can't this woman ever stay put. I always have to go off and chase her because she always wants to help everyone.'
 
Sesshomaru was angry but he wasn't angry because she had left on her own, he was angry because she didn't trust him enough to tell him what she wanted to do. He never deny her anything and if she would have told him that there was someone in trouble then he would have sent an escort with her to help that person. He just didn't want her wondering around the lands when he didn't know if it was stable yet.
 
He continued to fly east as he was looking for her. He couldn't catch her scent or aura but he did pick up on the sword that she was carrying that was made of his fang. He flew with speed as he tracked down his mate to see what was so important that made her leave the safety of the castle.
 
~oOo~
 
Ah and Un flew with speed as their mistress urged them on. She knew where she was going as she directed the dragon to the person that needed her help. They had flown for a good distance when she said, “Ah, Un please go down there into the forest.”
 
The dragon complied with her request as they flew down and landed in the forest. They walked as she told them where to go. Then they found what she was looking for. A demoness was in pain as she laid in the cold snow. She was pregnant and she was about to give birth to the pup. She was an Inu Youkai as Kagome got off the dragon and made her way toward the fallen demoness.
 
The demoness was in pain. She knew that something was wrong because she had been in pain for a long time and the pup would not come out. She had gone into the forest to see if she could find meat for her other pups. Her mate was out fighting with the other males of the village. They had other youkai's that were attacking the village.
 
She couldn't wait until he returned because her pups were hungry. So she went hunting. She had been looking for prey for only an hour when she started having pains. She tried to make it back to the village when the pain became intense. She fell on the ground and she was unable to get back up.
 
She sensed a strong demonic aura heading her way and she panicked. She was weak and she knew that she could not defend herself if she was attacked. She started to growl viciously as she saw the dragon walk in front of her.
 
They stopped just a few feet away from her and she sighed with relief. She didn't think that it was going to stop. She saw as the dragon lowered themselves to the ground and allowed someone to get off them.
 
She could tell that it was another female but she had a hood over her head and her face was covered up. She didn't recognize this female as she growled for her to keep her distance.
 
Kagome heard the growls coming from the demoness. She stopped as she eyed her and said in a nice soothing voice, “I won't harm you, please… please let me help you get you back to your village or you will give birth to your pup here.”
 
The demoness for some reason felt relaxed around this demoness as she agreed to have her move closer to her. She was racked with another contraction as she howled in pain.
 
Kagome rushed to her side as she examined the demoness. She noticed right away that there was a problem with the pup. “What is your name?” asked Kagome to try to keep her mind off the pain as she examined her.
 
The demoness was breathing hard as she said, “My… name is… Suki”
 
“Suki, your pup is breeched. You cannot give birth to him like this. Where is your village and do you have a healer there?”
 
“I live about 2 miles from here in a little village. We have no healers there but we do have someone that helps us when the pups are to be born.” Said Suki as she was breathing hard.
 
Kagome understood that they had a midwife that would help birth the pups. But hers was breeched and unless she got her back to her village she was going to lose the pup and Suki. She called for Ah and Un to come closer and the dragon complied.
 
They kneeled as they allowed their mistress to put the demoness on their back as she got on behind her to keep her from falling. She leaned forward and asked, “Suki in which direction is your village in?”
 
Suki pointed in the direction of her village as Ah and Un took off in that direction. They flew with speed because they knew something was not right. Their mistress was worried and they could smell her fear for this demoness.
 
Within five minutes they made it to the village as Suki told her which hut was hers. They landed near it as she helped Suki down from the dragon and then went into the house.
 
There were two pups there that greeted their mother's return but when they saw the stranger they thought that she had done something to their mother. They were about to attack when Kagome said, “I want one of you to go and get the person that would be helping your mother to give birth to her pup and I want the other one to boil some water and get it ready for use.”
 
When the pups looked at her like she was crazy she growled, “NOW!”
 
The pups seeing that this demoness spoke the truth, one took off to get Kiki who would help their mother. The other pup took a cooking pot and placed it on the fire with water.
 
Kagome took Suki to her futon, told the pup to stay out of the room, and she wanted to see this Kiki when she arrived. Kagome spoke with command and authority as she asked, “Where is your father?”
 
The female pup looked at Kagome and said, “He went with the rest of the village males to fight some demons that were going to set fire to the village. He has been gone for a while and has not returned yet.”
 
Kagome understood as she got Suki ready to give birth. The other pup another female came back with Kiki as she entered the room where Suki was located.
 
When Kagome saw this Kiki she was surprised. Kiki was a small inu youkai with big brown eyes, black hair that was mixed with brown. She was small of stature and had very delicate hands. She wore a simple kimono of brown and tan.
 
She looked too you to be a healer or midwife as Kagome asked, “Her pup is breeched, do you know how to turn it so it can be birthed? Or have you ever cut the stomach open before to get the pup out without losing the mother?”
 
Kiki was young and she had never seen this before in a youkai as she said, “I have never encountered a breeched pup before. The healer that taught me never showed me such things.”
 
Kagome sighed as she rubbed her forehead trying to figure out what to do. She got an idea as she said, “All right my name is Kagome, and I want you to help me deliver this pup. I am a healer and I know how to do these things. You are to watch what I do and if in the future you have a breeched birth then you will know what to do.”
 
Kiki agreed as she listened to what Kagome was telling her to do. “One of the pups has hot water for me and I want a knife too. Bring both items to me and hurry.”
 
Kiki got up and left the room as she went to get the needed items. Kagome then turned her attention to the female in front of her. “Suki, I am a healer. Your pup is breeched and he cannot be birthed like this. I can't turn him for he is too far down to turn plus you don't have much room in there. I'm going to cut you so I can get the pup out and then I will stitch you up until your demonic powers can heal your body.
 
I'm going to put you to sleep so you will feel no pain. Do you understand what I have just said?”
 
Suki eyes opened as she said, “You said that my pup is a he? How do you know?”
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “I'm a pure heart miko and I can see within you the beautiful pup that you have. He is a male and a beautiful one.”
 
Suki smiled as she said, “A son for my mate. Yes I understand what you must do but please make sure that he survives. I don't care about myself I want my son to live.”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “I'm not going to lose you or the pup. You have my word on that.”
 
“I have one question for you, if you're a pure heart miko why are you a demon?” asked Suki with confusion in her eyes. At that moment Kiki came back in as she set the water down on the ground and listened to what the miko had to say. She had to admit she was curious too.
 
Kagome sighed as she took her hood off her head and said, “My mate is youkai and I'm fully mated to him. He is very powerful and in order for me to help him control his powers I had to change to get stronger. I was human but now I'm youkai.” Said Kagome as she was getting things ready to bring the pup into the world.
 
Kiki understood what the miko said as she asked, “Who is your mate Kagome?”
 
Kagome didn't think about her answer as she blurted out, “My mate is Lord Sesshomaru of the Western Lands.” Kagome heard a gasp in the room as she looked up from what she was doing. Both demonesses were scared as they tried to bow down to her.
 
“Please forgive us milady but we didn't recognize you. Please I will take care of this we thank you for your help.” Said Kiki as she tried to take the stuff out of Kagome's hands so she could assist Suki in giving birth.
 
Kagome was a little more than peeved, as she growled and said, “Just because I'm mated to a Lord does not mean that I will let people die or stay hurt when I can help them. Now we have a pup to birth and if we don't do it soon he will not make it.”
 
The demonesses calmed down as they allowed her to help Suki.
 
Kagome was ready as she put her hand on Suki forehead and chanted a spell to make her go to sleep. When she was under she turned to Kiki and said, “I want you to watch what I'm doing and then remember for the next time this happens in the village.”
 
Kiki understood as she watched what Kagome was doing. Kagome explained everything she was doing in detail. She answered all of Kiki questions as she made her incision in the lower part of the demoness abdomen. She showed her how far she had to cut as she made it to the uterus.
 
The incision was small as Kagome stuck her hand in and pulled out the pup's feet. Once his feet were free she instructed Kiki how to gently pull the rest of the pup out of the mother.
 
She then applied pressure to Suki stomach as she pushed/pulled the pup out. When the pup finally came out she showed her how to clear his mouth of the mother's fluid so he could breathe. Within minutes the pup was crying on his mothers stomach.
 
Kagome tied off the cord that gave the pup life and then cut it, freeing the pup from his mother. He was a big boy as they cleaned him up and wrapped him in a warm blanket until they took care of his mother.
 
Kagome continued to instruct Kiki on how to remove the afterbirth and then showed her how to close the wound and stitch it. As soon as the wound was closed the demoness demonic aura took over as it started to heal her.
 
Kagome put her hand on Suki forehead as she chanted again and she woke up. She looked around as they gave her the pup to hold.
 
Kagome told Kiki of the different herbs that she would need to mix to put a patient to sleep that way they wouldn't feel any pain when the pups was born. She also told her that in the morning she should be able to remove the stitches because she would be healed by then.
 
Kiki was very impressed with the knowledge that Kagome had. She was thinking about something as she asked in a shy voice, “Umm, Lady Kagome? Do you think that I can come and visit you at the castle so I can learn your healing methods? You have a great deal of knowledge and I would like to learn more from you. That way I will be able to help my people.”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “I will talk to my mate and if he agrees then I can come back in the spring. You can come to the castle and I will teach you everything you need to know. My knowledge is vast so I will not be able to teach you everything but I can teach you enough to make sure you never lose anyone.”
 
Kiki was very happy to hear this as she agreed.
 
Kagome sensed a powerful aura in the area as she quickly sat up and said, “Oh no, my mate is here.”
 
The demonesses looked at her in confusion as Kiki asked, “Why is that bad Lady Kagome?”
 
Kagome lowered her head as she said, “I was in the castle and I sensed that Suki needed help. I went to leave and they wouldn't let me leave the castle. My mate is very protective of me and didn't want me to leave the grounds. Well I never take too kindly to being locked up so I called my dragon, broke the barrier, and left. Now he is here looking for me.”
 
Kagome got up as she stood and said, “Please stay here until I had a chance to talk to him.”
 
The demonesses complied with her wishes, as they stayed put and watched as Kagome walked out the door.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had been following his mate for a while and he didn't know that she had traveled this far on the dragon. His anger was peeking as he neared the village where his mate was located.
 
He landed in the middle of the village as he sniffed the area and found his pet dragon waiting by a hut at the end of the village. He started to make his way there when the village males returned from their battle.
 
When the males of the village saw a youkai standing in the middle of their village they became alarmed. They formed a circle around him as the elder of the village came forward and asked, “What are you doing here in our village? We have nothing of value why can't you just leave our poor village alone.”
 
Sesshomaru snorted as he said, “I want nothing from your village. I'm merely here to retrieve my mate and that's all I want.”
 
He started to walk again as the males stopped him, he growled for them to get out of his way. “We do not have your mate in this village and we will attack if you touch our females.”
 
Sesshomaru was starting to lose his temper as he said, “This Sesshomaru does not want your females. I want my mate that is in the last hut down there with the dragon. Now move out of my way or meet your death.”
 
One of the males stepped forward and said, “Elder that is my hut where the dragon is standing. My mate is with pup.” The male in question took off to the hut as Sesshomaru took off after him thinking he was going to do Kagome harm.
 
Kagome stepped out of the hut in time to see her mate and another male racing toward the hut. She sighed as she raised her hand and put a barrier around the male and her mate. It was a powerful barrier that Sesshomaru could not break as his eyes started to turn red from his anger.
 
Kagome looked at her mate as she put her scent into the barrier to calm him. She turned to the other male and asked, “Are you Suki's mate?”
 
The male growled at her as he said, “Yes she is my mate! What have you done to her?!”
 
Kagome sighed as she approached the male in her barrier and said, “My name is Lady Kagome of the Southern Lands. I found Suki in the forest and she was in labor. I brought her back here to the village so she could give birth to your pup. But the pup was breeched and Kiki did not know how to help your mate.
 
Since I am a healer I helped your mate give birth to your son. They are doing fine and your son is healthy. I could not leave her in the forest. I will not leave someone who is in need of my services. I'm sorry that I have invaded your village but your mate came first and so did the child.”
 
When the males heard what she had said they all kneeled in front of her as the elder said, “Please forgive us milady. But we have been attacked constantly for the food we have in the storehouses. Recently they have been filled and the animals have returned to the forest. We have no idea how this all happened but we are all grateful for the food.
 
But we must protect what little we do have. We need the food to keep the village alive until the spring so we can grow our own food again.”
 
Kagome understood as she said, “I understand your concerns. My mate and I will help you develop your lands come spring and the Southern Lands will prosper again.”
 
Kagome turned to the male in her barrier as she said, “If I release you, will you behave?”
 
The male in the barrier lowered his eyes to her and said, “Yes milady, I could never attack you.”
 
Kagome nodded and released the male. He kneeled in front of her as she said, “Go and see your new son.”
 
The male got up and raced into the hut to find his mate.
 
Kagome looked at her mate and she could tell he was still angry with her as she released him from her barrier. The moment she did he race to her side and grabbed her in his arms. He leaned down and whispered, “I will decide your punishment once we leave this village.”
 
Kagome swallowed hard as she heard him tell Ah and Un to return to the castle. The dragon growled as he took off leaving his mistress with his master.
 
Sesshomaru's anger was still peeked as he heard the village elder say, “Milord, please forgive us for threatening you. We had no idea that you were the new lord for the Southern Lands.
 
We have heard rumors that the new lord and lady were very kind and protect those on the land. But like I said earlier, milord, we will try to protect what little we have.”
 
Sesshomaru understood as he said, “Rise.”
 
The villagers rose to their feet and stood in front of their new lord. They didn't know what to expect from him for treating him so harshly.
 
Sesshomaru turned to Kagome and asked in a harsh voice, “Is your task here complete?”
 
Kagome nodded yes as she refused to look at him. She remained quiet as he formed his youkai cloud under his feet and took off into the sky with Kagome held tightly against his side.
 
As they traveled they remained quiet. Kagome refused to look or speak to her mate. They arrived back at the castle as they made their way up to their bedchambers. When they got there Sesshomaru released Kagome from his grasp as he took a few steps away from her. He was trying to get his anger under control but he was not succeeding in the least bit. He turned to her and said, “Why did you leave the castle?”
 
Kagome heard the harshness of his voice as she flinched and answered, “I sensed that someone needed my help. I could smell the fluids from when the water breaks on a female about to give birth. I knew that I didn't have a lot of time to find her and get her to a healer.
 
I went to the gate and they wouldn't open it for me saying that they couldn't because of your orders. That pup needed me so I got on Ah and Un and left.”
 
Sesshomaru listened to what she was saying as he released a vicious growl, “That is one point against you for leaving the castle when I gave the order for no one to leave. Now why did you hide your scent and aura?”
 
Kagome anger was growing by the minute, she knew that she had done wrong but that pup needed her and without her help it would have died. “I covered my scent because I knew you would hunt me down and bring me back before I had a chance to help that demoness. I'm sorry but that pups life is more important to me than my own.”
 
Sesshomaru growled as he rushed to his mate and threw her on the bed with him on top. He had her pinned with her arms out to the side. His eyes were blood red with his anger, as he said, “No ones life is more important than yours. I gave that order to keep you safe and you go and do as you please. Never again are you to disobey my orders. You will abide by my commands and stay where I put you.”
 
Kagome's anger reached an all time high as she yelled, “A child life is important to me! They are all my children don't you see that! I love every child that belongs to the west or south and there is nothing you can do to change my mind!
 
I miss my own pups and I'm stuck here in this castle. You have to tend to your meetings and I'm alone with no one to talk to. You have scared the castle staff so much that they refuse to even look at me. I will not leave a child to die because you think that my safety is more important an a life.”
 
Sesshomaru had enough as he grabbed her by her shoulder and tore her kimono away, exposing her mating mark. His fangs grew as he growled viciously at his mate. She felt the pressure on her neck and it hurt but she was not going to give in to his demands this time. She was going to stand firm in her belief when it comes to the children of the land.
 
He growled in Inu Youkai language as he made his demands to her. “You will submit to me!”
 
Kagome growled, as she replied, “NO!”
 
The pressure became intense, as he squeezed harder never breaking the skin on her neck. “You will submit to me and never leave my side again. The pups of the land are not your concern. They are not yours to begin with and you are not their mother. You can not save them all.”
 
Kagome's eyes turned blood red with anger as her aura flared. She was building up her energy as she replied. “NO! I will never submit! I may not save them all but I will try to protect the ones in danger if I can. I will not let them die because my mate does not care for the welfare of the children of the land. They may not be my own flesh and blood but I will protect them with my life if need be.”
 
That comment sent Sesshomaru over the edge, his angered flared as his fangs pierced her skin and he bit into her neck. He let some of the poison from his fangs seep into her neck in order to make her submit to him.
 
Kagome screamed in pain as she let her power go. She managed to get Sesshomaru off her as he hit the wall and slid down to the floor.
 
Kagome was beyond control at the moment. All she wanted to do was get away from her heartless mate. She loved him but he didn't understand her at all. “You bastard! How can you even ask that of me? I care for all the children and I can't wait for the day that I have one of my own but until the conflicts of the land is settled I will not conceive a child. I want a place where they will grow up happy and not be in danger every time I turn around.”
 
This was new information for Sesshomaru as he heard what she said, `There is no way that I will get her pupped until she is willing. That may take years.'
 
Kagome saw that Sesshomaru was never going to change his ways. He didn't care about anything that lived on the lands. It was all about power and being the strongest lord for the region. He needed a strong mate to bare him a strong pup but he could care less if another child is starving or hurt.
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she started a chant. She wanted to get away from her mate and she wanted her pups.
 
Sesshomaru eyes came into focus as he heard what his mate was saying. She was casting a spell and he couldn't let her leave. This argument was not over yet as he tried to get to her in time before she disappeared.
 
He was too late as he saw his mate vanish before his eyes. He howled with anger as she left him behind. He had no idea where she had gone too for he didn't sense her sword anywhere in the castle or the immediate area.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome went back to the Western Lands. She wanted to see Shippo and Rin. She missed her pups greatly as she materialized in her bedchambers. She was hurt as the wound on her shoulder bleed from where Sesshomaru had bit her.
 
She staggered to the door as she tried to find Nasume. She knew that Nasume would help her reason this out and find out why her mate was acting this way. She was confused and she couldn't understand why he would hurt her like this.
 
Tears were running down her cheeks as she walked down the hallway. She sensed that her friends were in the pup's room and made her way there. She opened the door slowly as she saw Shippo and Rin sound asleep in their beds.
 
~oOo~
 
Miroku and Sango were sitting in the room with the children when they heard the door open. They thought it was Nasume coming to check on the pups, as she would normally do around this time. But when they saw Kagome standing there bleeding from her shoulder they became alarmed.
 
Kagome staggered into the room as she looked at her sleeping pups. She was happy now as she looked up at her friends and said, “I need Nasume, please find Nasume for me.” She started to fall as Miroku rushed in and grabbed her before she hit the floor.
 
Miroku picked her up as he went toward her bedchambers. Sango left to go and get Nasume so she could tend to her wounds.
 
When Nasume arrived Kagome was still unconscious as she approached. She saw her wound and knew what had happened. She told Sango and Miroku to leave that she would tend to her wounds. Miroku and Sango were both worried about their friend but left Nasume alone with Kagome so she could tend to her wounds.
 
Nasume approached Kagome as she sat on the edge of the bed and asked, “Kagome, why did Sesshomaru punish you like this?”
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes as she turned her head to the side. She had heard Nasume's question as she told her everything that had happened since she had left the west to include the incident that happened that afternoon.
 
Nasume sighed as she said, “Kagome, I know that you are unfamiliar with the inu youkai way but he is right to a certain point. You can't protect all of the children of the lands. There will be some that will die. If it is Kami's will then there is nothing that you can do about it. I know that you are hurting but you leaving him is not going to solve your problem. You have to sit down and tell him about your feelings and talk things through.”
 
Kagome understood what Nasume was trying to tell her, she was right and she had to deal with her mate on this issue. She knew that she couldn't go home and talk to her mother. She was stuck in this era with a mate that didn't understand the person she was. She loved all children even if they were not hers.
 
Nasume was tending to her wounds and noticed that it was not healing. She was worried about the amount of blood that Kagome was losing as she said, “Kagome, this wound will not close unless he closes it himself. He must have used some of his poison on you to get you to submit to him. You have no choice, you will have to return to him or you will bleed to death.”
 
Kagome nodded her understanding of her words as she sat up in bed and put her hand on her shoulder. She applied pressure to the wound to slow the flow of blood. She looked at her friend and said, “I know that I will have to deal with him. I have no one to talk to there and its hard for me. Sesshomaru has scared the staff so much that they won't even speak to me.”
 
Nasume put an arm around Kagome's shoulder and then spoke gently to her. “I know Kagome but he is protecting what is his. This is the Inu Youkai way. Plus he has not been able to pup you to prove his worth. Every male wants a pup and you have been denying him of his right. He will continue to be like this until he gets you pupped.”
 
Kagome understood what she was saying but she was not going to get pupped at the moment. She sighed as she said, “I understand. If he wants me to be submissive then that's what he is going to get. He told me that none of the pups from the lands are mine to worry about but he forgets about Shippo and Rin. They are not of my blood. So I will give him what he wants even though it's going to hurt my own pups in the end. I know that he is not going to like the new me. But if this is what he wants then he shall have it.”
 
Nasume looked at her friend and she saw something that she knew her lord was not going to like. If he wanted her submissive then she would be like that for him and not say anything against him. She would not defy him in anyway. She will no longer care for the children of the land and that includes her own pups. This was not Kagome. If she shut herself off to everyone then everyone will suffer for it.
 
Kagome got up from the bed as she stood on shaky legs. She concentrated as she started her spell to go back. She knew that if she stayed there in the Western Lands that she would die from blood loss. When she finished her spell she was gone again as she went back to Sesshomaru.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had just finished his meeting with the lords as they came up with a plan for the upcoming growing season. They will produce more food for the land this year than in the previous years.
 
He was about to make his way out of the study they were in when he heard a howl of anguish coming from his brother. Fear struck his heart as he thought that something had happened to Kagome. He raced out of the room as he went to see where his brother was located.
 
He tracked his brother down to his bedchambers as he rushed inside to see what was going on. He found his brother in the middle of the floor, as his eyes were blood red with anger. He didn't see Kagome as he asked, “Where's Kagome? I thought you went to find her.”
 
Sesshomaru turned as he saw his brother. He made to attack Inuyasha as he leaped out of the way.
 
Inuyasha growled at his brother as he attacked again but Inuyasha was ready for him this time. When he got close to him he hit him square in the jaw as Sesshomaru went back and landed on his butt. He came out of his rage as he looked at Inuyasha with total shock and confusion.
 
He didn't know what had happened as he asked, “Where is Kagome?”
 
Inuyasha looked at his brother as he asked, “That's what I want to know. I thought you went to find her earlier today.”
 
Sesshomaru started to think about what had happened. He started to remember as he started to growl. He couldn't believe that he did that to his mate and now the wound he inflicted would not heal unless she came back to him. The poison he had injected in her would not allow the wound to heal unless he did it himself.
 
Inuyasha was waiting for his brother to answer his question. He waited for a few minutes, as his patience grew thin. Then he turned and yelled at his brother, “Oii!! Didn't I just ask you a damn question! What happened to Kagome?”
 
Sesshomaru snapped out of his thoughts as he explained what had happened but left out some details that was none of his business. Inuyasha heard what his brother had said as he thought about where she might have gone to. “In this situation Kagome would have gone home to her mother. But seeing that the well is closed she might have gone back to the west to see Shippo and Rin.”
 
Sesshomaru thought about this and came to the conclusion that his brother might be correct.
 
Inuyasha looked at his brother and saw the longing in his eyes. He knew that he had done wrong and he was hurt by his own actions. He knew that he loved Kagome but he had to learn how to handle her. “I suggest that you wait here. If her wound is not going to close then Nasume will tell her that and get her to return to the southern castle. If she is not back by morning then I suggest that you head back to the Western Lands at first light.”
 
Inuyasha got off the floor where he had been sitting with his brother and left the room. His brother had a lot of thinking to do before he finally saw Kagome again.
 
Inuyasha had been gone for about thirty minutes. Sesshomaru was standing by the window of their room looking out into the horizon. The sun was almost gone and still his mate had not returned. He was worried about her and the wound he had inflected. If he didn't heal her soon she could die from the blood loss.
 
He couldn't remember why he had done that to her only that he needed her submit to his will. His inner inu had broken free at the thought that she claimed all children, be it human or youkai, as her own. With her not being pupped by him his inner inu took that as a threat that she would not give them a pup of their own.
 
He remembered every harsh word he had said to her and he couldn't believe that he had done that. For he knew that she was the mother to two children that were not even hers. If she chose to reject the pups it would be his fault.
 
He continued to look out the window when Sesshomaru felt the wind pick up in the room. He looked over his shoulder to see Kagome materialize in front of him. She was weak from losing so much blood as he rushed to her side. He gave her a gentle growl letting her know that he was happy she was back with him. But he never expected the reaction he got from her.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was wavering when she finally made it back to the Southern Lands. She was starting to feel really weak as she tried to move to her bed. She felt the tightening of arms around her as she heard a growl coming from her mate.
 
Fear took over her body as she tried to get out of his embrace. He tightened his hold on her as she completely submitted to his will so he could leave her alone. `Female submits to male!' She cried as she tried to get out of his hold.
 
Sesshomaru heard her submission to him as he brought her closer to his chest. He gently growled “Mate!” as he picked her up and gently placed her on the bed.
 
Kagome whimpered in pain as Sesshomaru moved her Kimono out of the way. He lowered his head as he started to close the wound that he had inflected on her. He purred as he was taking care of her wounds to soothe her inner beast.
 
Soon her whimpers died down as she finally fell asleep on the bed. She remained quiet never saying anything more to him.
 
Sesshomaru sat on the bed and looked at his mate. She had not said a word to him since she came back, only to submit to him. She seemed withdrawn. He had no idea what was wrong or how deeply he had hurt her. He would have to wait to see what will happen in the morning.
 
~oOo~
 
That's the end to another chapter. As you can see Sesshomaru demands for her submission is only going to bring him heartbreak. Kagome did return to him but only because she had to.
 
In the next chapter you will see what he actually did to his mate and how she would react. Sesshomaru and Kagome will have to work through their difficulties like any couple would.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!