InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 36 ( Chapter 36 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 36
 
Morning came and Kagome had not woken up from her sleep. She had lost a large amount of blood the previous night and he knew that she was still weak.
 
Sesshomaru had been pacing around the room waiting for his mate to wake up. He needed to know that she was going to be all right. He would stop from time to time, as he would sit on the bed and stroke her cheeks to see if she would wake up. But nothing he did would bring her to consciousness.
 
The morning went by and Kagome still continued to sleep. Sesshomaru had not left her side since last night. He knew that he was at fault for her being like this and he was determined to stay by her side until she recovered.
 
By late afternoon Kagome started to stir. She whimpered and Sesshomaru was at her side in an instant. He waited for her to open her eyes so he could see her. Her eyes would tell him everything he wanted to know, for they were very expressive.
 
Kagome groaned on her bed as she slowly opened her eyes. Her sight was blurred as she remembered everything that happened the night before. Her heart was broken and she remembered what she had to do for she had submitted to her mate's desire to be submissive.
 
When her eyes finally came into focus she saw her mate hovering over her to see if she was all right. She turned her head away from him not wanting to see him. He had broken her heart in the worst ways and she didn't think that she could handle him being in the same room with her.
 
When Sesshomaru looked into Kagome's eyes he was shocked. He had never seen such pain coming from her before. He had hurt her deeply and he would have to make it up to her somehow. Then she turned her head away from him breaking their eye contact.
 
He reached up and pushed the hair away from her face as she shied away from his touch. It was the first time in a long while that she refused his touch. He sighed as he said in a low voice, “Kagome, I'm sorry for the way I treated you yesterday. But you pushed me to the limits with your refusal to obey my commands. I only make those decisions to keep you safe. I never meant to hurt you.”
 
Kagome listened to his words as she reply, “I understand, I will never go against your commands again.” She remained silent as she felt him sift away from her. She closed her eyes as she waited for his commands.
 
Sesshomaru shifted away from her. Her response was not what he was expecting. Her voice was cold and distant with no emotion in it at all. `Maybe if we go and bathe together I can get her to forgive me.' Thought Sesshomaru as he turned to his mate and asked, “Kagome, would you like to join me in the hot springs?”
 
He waited patiently for her response because if she agreed to go with him then he could get her to forgive him.
 
Kagome heard his request as she sighed. She had no choice she was his mate and what ever he wanted he got. She agreed to his request as she got up from the bed and gathered their bathing items.
 
Sesshomaru was happy, now he could get her to forgive him once they were alone in the hot springs. They finally got to their private hot springs as Kagome set their things down. She started to take off her clothes when Sesshomaru step up behind her and started to take them off himself.
 
Kagome's hand dropped to her side as she let him take her clothes off. Her mind was elsewhere as her heart was filled with pain. She would give in to his every desire and she will fulfill her role as mate but she will not conceive.
 
Sesshomaru noticed right away that something was wrong with his mate. She was not responding to his touches or caresses. He sensed the sadness that was coming from her and the pain she was feeling. He had hurt her more than he thought as he gently took her into his arms and held her.
 
They bathed each other but that was the most he would require of her. She did not say a word to him or even look at him the whole time they were bathing. They returned to their room and got dressed, as it was almost time for dinner.
 
They walked stairs to the dinning hall where it was filled with all of the minor lords of the region. They still had a lot of work to do to settle issues for the Southern Lands. He led Kagome to her rightful place next to him as they both sat down to eat. Sesshomaru just drank his tea as he watched his mate eating the food that was in front of her. She never looked up from her plate as she ate in silence.
 
Inuyasha was looking at Kagome intently. She was not acting normal for Kagome. There was sadness in her aura that filtered out into the castle. Everyone in the room felt her emotions and it disturbed them greatly.
 
Inuyasha looked at his brother wanting some answers. Sesshomaru just shrugged saying he didn't know what was wrong.
 
When Kagome was done with her meal she said, “Please excuse me milord, but if you don't need my presence any longer I shall retire to our bedchambers.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at his mate as he nodded giving her permission to leave his side. She got up and left the room as she went back upstairs.
 
Inuyasha had enough as he turned to his brother and asked, “What is wrong with Kagome? She is so depressed and sad that it's filtering into the castle. She is always alive and full of emotions that it would make even the cruelest demons soft. Now she is causing the opposite affect. What did you do to her?”
 
Sesshomaru had about enough of his brother, as he said, “That is none of your concern.” He got up and left the dining room as he went after his mate.
 
Inuyasha was not about to give up as he raced after his brother. He caught up to him in the hallway as he grabbed his arm and turned him around so they were facing each other. “Like hell its none of my concern!!!! What you did broke Kagome even more than what I ever did with Kikyou, I never broke her will to live, you heartless bastard!
 
I told you that if you ever hurt her that I will make you pay. You better find a way to make her happy again because if she continues like this and something happens to her there will be nothing in this world that will stop me from killing you!”
 
Inuyasha gave a feral growl at his brother before he released him from his grip and stormed off. He was mad as hell that his own brother had hurt his best friend and sister.
 
Sesshomaru heard what his brother had said. The way his mate had been acting said that he had hurt her very deeply. There was no life in her eyes anymore, the pure and happy aura that she usually carried was gone, and it had been replaced with a sad one.
 
He sighed as he went up to his room to be with his mate. When he walked in he saw that she was already in bed asleep. He sat by her side all night as he watched her sleep. He wondered if she would ever forgive him for what he had said to her.
 
~oOo~
 
The weeks pasted and Kagome was not returning to the person she was. Sesshomaru was still trying to figure out what he said to her that made her this way. He could not figure it out for the life of him.
 
Kagome would spend long hours in their room and never come out. He would tell her to come down to sign papers and she would comply with his wishes. Once she was done however she would leave and return to their room.
 
She would not talk unless spoken to and then she never gave her opinion on anything that was being discussed. He would confront her when in their bedchambers and she would simply say it was not her place to give her opinion for the matters at hand. He was her mate and that was his territory to deal with.
 
Sesshomaru found this to be disturbing because he welcomed her council when dealing with the villages around the area. They had all taken a liking to her and she was a positive influence in their lives. But she was refusing to say anything that would help the humans and demons in the area.
 
The weather started getting warmer and they decided to travel to different villages to see if they needed any additional help. Kagome would travel on Ah and Un and when they stopped she would either stay on the dragon or would stand by his side and say nothing.
 
In one of their visits he had spotted a group of children playing off in the distance. He looked at his mate and she didn't even look in their direction. She wasn't even interested when one of the children fell and hurt themselves.
 
He found this kind of odd since she was so animate about the children of the lands. He kept a close eye on her but she never left his side or raised her head to acknowledge the children. This concerned him greatly.
 
Another month had passed and he noticed that Kagome was not coming out of her stupor and he was worried about her. He decided that it was time they went home to see their own pups. Maybe this would snap her out of the depression she had been in for these last few months.
 
He had not been able to touch her because she would not react to his caresses. She would just sit there with no emotions in her eyes or body. It was beginning to drive him crazy.
 
He desired her. He desired every last inch of her but she was rejecting him as a mate. If he didn't snap her out of this depression she was in he thought that he might explode with need.
 
Sesshomaru informed his brother that they were leaving and traveling back home. Inuyasha was more than ready to leave the Southern Lands and go back home. They both knew that they had to get Kagome back to her own pups and maybe that would snap her out of the non responsive person she had turned into.
 
Sesshomaru left one of his most trusted advisors behind to handle things in their absence. Sesshomaru formed his demonic cloud under his feet as he lifted his brother and mate into the air and went back to the Western Lands.
 
The entire way there Inuyasha and Sesshomaru kept an eye on Kagome. She showed no emotions about going home or seeing her pups again. She had withdrawn so much that they didn't know if she would ever snap out of it.
 
They finally arrived back at the Western castle late that night. When they arrived their servants greeted them as they welcomed them back. Everyone noticed immediately that something was wrong with the Lady of the West for she didn't say hello to any of them. This was not like her as they all looked at her with concern.
 
Kagome walked past everyone not saying a word and keeping her head down. She walked up to her room as she entered. She closed the door behind her as she set about putting her things away.
 
She heard a knock on the door as she said, “Come in,” to let Nasume enter her chambers. This was something that she had missed during her long absence from the Western castle. Being surrounded by her friends and people that cared for her.
 
Nasume walked in to her lady's room as she looked at Kagome for the first time in months. What she saw made her heart flutter. Kagome was not the same any more. Gone were the soft blue eyes that looked at you with love and concern. Gone were her smiles that used to adorn her face whenever she spoke to you. Gone was the life she used to have in her body that made everyone happy.
 
What Nasume saw in front of her was a broken Inu Youkai that had no feeling and was stripped of everything she loved. She didn't care for anyone anymore and this greatly disturbed her.
 
She rushed to her side as she brought her into her embrace. She did not feel the hug returned to her, as she would normally do. Nasume pulled away slightly as she looked into her eyes and said, “Kagome what happened to you? What have they done to you while you were gone?”
 
Kagome pulled away from Nasume as she simply said in a cold hard voice that was totally unnatural for Kagome, “I gave him what he wanted.”
 
Nasume had never been so hurt in all her life. Her cold and heartless Lord had done this to her. She couldn't understand why he had let it get out of hand like this as she stepped back and said, “Do you require any help milady?”
 
“No Nasume I can take care of my own unpacking.” Said Kagome in an emotionless voice.
 
Nasume bowed and left her alone. Once she was outside the room she broke down and cried, “How could he do this to her? She was so kind, gentle, and caring. What will she do when the children go to her in the morning? Will she reject them?”
 
Nasume's mind was full of concern as she left Kagome alone. She would have to warn her children that something was wrong with their mother before they approached her. She didn't want them to get hurt but in the end she knew what was going to happen. She would personally see to it that Sesshomaru paid for what he had done to her.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru noticed that his mate had not even reacted to being home. This, in his mind, was not good. He knew that she should be happy to be home and especially to see her pups. He had followed her up the stairs to see if she would go and see the children before she retired for the night. She walked right by Shippo and Rin's room and went straight for their bedchambers.
 
This action surprised him the most because he knew that she cared deeply for their children. Her behavior was one of a cold and heartless demon that didn't care about anyone. Then he realized what he was thinking about and it hit him straight in the face.
 
Everything he had told her that night a long time ago where he had hurt her came smacking him in the face. The way she was acting was the way he had told her to act. He had told her basically that the children of the land where not her concern because she was not their mother. He basically implied to her not to care for anyone from the land and to take care of herself and obey his commands.
 
He sighed as he went into his study to ponder this situation some more. He wondered if his own children could snap her out of the mess he had created. He knew that if she rejected their children he would have to fix it. He didn't know if he could do that now that it has gone on for so long but he would have to try.
 
He had noticed the concern looks in all of his servant's eyes when she didn't greet them when they arrived. She was submissive and just walked past them not even acknowledging their presence. This hurt his people immensely to see her like this. `This is my fault. I should have never said those things to her because now I have broken the best thing that has ever come into my life.'
 
For the first time in his life Sesshomaru felt helpless to help his mate. He didn't know how to reverse the hurt he had inflected on her. He stayed in his study all night as he thought about what to do.
 
~oOo~
 
Morning came and Shippo was the first to stir out of his slumber. His nose twitched a he caught a familiar scent in the air. He recognized it immediately as he jumped from his bed and raced out of his room.
 
He dashed into Rin's room to see if she was up. He raced to her bed as he jumped on her to wake her up. She woke with a start when she felt someone on top of her. He giggled at her as he said, “Okaa-san is back! Lets go see her she's still in her room.”
 
Rin jumped up with joy as she raced out of her room right behind Shippo. They both ran down the hallway as they made it to their mother's room. They stopped as Shippo checked to see if Sesshomaru was still in the room with their mother. He sensed that his mother was awake and that she was alone.
 
“Rin, Okaa is alone so we can go in.” said Shippo with excitement. He wanted to see his mother. She has been gone for so long that he missed her terribly. They opened the door as they raced into the room and found Kagome standing by the window.
 
Kagome turned when she heard her door open. She braced herself for what she had to do. It was going to kill her for doing this but it must be done. They were not her pups and Sesshomaru would never approve of her caring for them.
 
She felt as Shippo hit her chest and hugged her tight in his embrace. She felt as Rin grabbed her around the waist and pulled her tight against her as she relished the feeling of having her mother back again. They both welcomed her back home saying how much they had missed her.
 
Shippo and Rin both felt that something was wrong with their mother. She had not said anything to them and she wouldn't return their hugs. They both pulled away from her as they stared up into her eyes. There was something wrong with their mother. Her eyes were lifeless and there were no emotions in her eyes at all.
 
They both stepped back from her in fear as Shippo said, “Mama? What's wrong? Aren't you glad to see us again? We have missed you.”
 
Rin watched as their loving mother didn't move or say anything to them. She was just standing there looking at them like she didn't want to be anywhere near them. Rin stepped forward and tried to grab her hand as her mother quickly pulled it away from her touch. She didn't want her touch and this caused tears to appear in Rin's eyes.
 
“Mama, what has Rin done to make you not want her anymore? I love you mama don't you want to be my mother anymore?” asked Rin as the tears started to run down her cheeks.
 
Shippo sensing Rin's distress looked at his mother and said, “Mama? What happened to you? You have been gone for months and you come back acting like Sesshomaru, cold and heartless.”
 
Shippo stopped at his comments. His mother was acting just like Sesshomaru used to act when he was around anyone. She had the same emotionless mask on her face and the same stoic features. He couldn't believe that his father had done this to his beloved mother.
 
He turned as he raced out of the room with Rin following closely behind him. He stopped in the middle of the hallway as he sniffed the air, looking for Sesshomaru. He found his scent and went straight to the study. When he got there he slammed the door open, tears were running down his cheeks as he stared at the Western Lord.
 
He was mad at him for what he had done to his mother. “What did you do to my mother?! She is acting just like you and she won't let us come near her anymore. I know that you had something to do with the way she is acting now, I want to know what you did to her!!!”
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was in his study still thinking about his mate when he caught the scent of tears in the air. He was about to go out and see what was going on when he felt his pups coming his way. They slammed the door open as both Rin and Shippo looked at him with tears running down both their cheeks. He could only guess at what had just happened.
 
He heard the kits demands as he sighed and said, “I have done nothing to your mother. She started changing about 4 months ago and I don't know why.” Yes he knew he was lying to the pups but he was not about to admit to them that he was at fault in this.
 
Shippo became enraged as he yelled, “YOU ARE LYING TO ME!!! You are responsible for the way my mother is acting. I can smell your deceit and I want you to change her back. She is not like this. She is acting cold and heartless just like you. If she keeps this up for much longer she will die!”
 
He had been caught in his lie by a kit no less. But Shippo was right if he didn't snap his mate out of the state she was in she would die of a broken heart. She was not like this and he knew that she was in pain for rejecting her own pups.
 
Shippo turned and left the room as he ran outside to get away from all the hurt. He had lost another mother because Sesshomaru had hurt her so bad that she was acting just like him.
 
Rin turned to her father as the tears were streaming down her face. Her emotions and her tears told her father how she really felt about him for doing this to her mother. She turned and left as she ran after Shippo. She knew that he would need comforting even if it was her who did it.
 
Sesshomaru saw the pain that his daughter had in her eyes. Her face made him hurt worse than any injury he could receive from a fight with a youkai. She had accused him of changing her mother and she was right. He had changed her and made her reject every child that she had ever loved because of his demands.
 
He stood as he went to look for his mate. He needed to set things right with her. He should have never made her submit to his will and close her heart off to the children of the land. The children are her strength but he had simply crushed it to oblivion because of his position.
 
He wanted his old mate back. The one who would effectively argue with him all the time, the one who had melted his icy heart and gave him a reason to love again.
 
He was walking down the hallway when he saw some of his servants. He saw the look in their eyes as they greeted him and then quickly left his presence. He saw the disgust in their eyes for what he had done to his mate. He knew he deserved it as he continued to walk to his bedchambers.
 
He then saw Nasume who was standing in the hallway waiting for him. He stopped as he saw the same look in her eyes as the rest of his servants. He waited for her to speak and he was not disappointed when she let him have it.
 
“How could you do this to Lady Kagome! You have ripped her very soul out of her body causing her not to care about her own pups. I have never seen her like this before. When she came here the day that you punished her and her wounds wouldn't close I sent her back to you thinking that you would take care of her, but you didn't!
 
You left her to withdraw so much that I don't think its possible that she could be the same again. Everyone here will sorely miss her laughter. Her smiles will never grace us again and make our spirit sore into the heavens.
 
The unity that you have achieved will be disbanded because of what you have done to her. I hope your happy milord.” Nasume said as she rushed from his side crying. She left him standing there alone in the hallway to ponder what he had done.
 
He took a deep breath as he continued on his way to his room he needed to see Kagome, now. He finally reached the room as he entered, he saw his mate standing by the window as she was looking out over the horizon. There were no emotions coming from her as he walked over to her.
 
He stopped right behind her as he said, “Kagome we need to talk.”
 
Kagome turned around and looked at her mate. Her expression was just like his, they were emotionless and she had stoic features in place never letting anyone into her heart. When he saw this he finally understood what he had done to her.
 
Kagome hearing her mate's statement she turned to him and said, “What is there to talk about? I have done exactly what you have asked of me. I have obeyed your every command and have obeyed your wishes. The children of the land are no longer my concern and neither are the people. I will not put myself in harms way again like you requested in my submission.”
 
Sesshomaru grabbed her by her shoulders as he looked into her eyes. He was hoping that he could get through to her as he said, “That's not what I meant or wanted. I didn't want you to go off on your own when I didn't know how the people were going to treat you when you were by yourself. I wanted to protect you not take away your caring nature.
 
What you did to our pups hurt them deeply. I have never seen them that hurt when they were in my office crying their hearts out because their mother rejected them. You are their mother and they will accept no other.”
 
Kagome looked into his eyes and saw the emotions that he had on his features. His stoic mask was gone and he, for once in his life, was concerned for someone other than himself.
 
She got out of his grip as she turned her back to him and said, “This is what you wanted in a mate. You wanted a submissive female that would bow to your every command. You didn't want a partner that will help you rule over the lands. You didn't want someone that could guide you in the right direction to make your kingdom prosper.
 
You want a submissive female that will just look pretty and give you a strong heir. You knew what I was like when you mated me. You knew that I have a love for children that will never die. You wanted me to let that pup die because you wanted to keep me safe. When you took that little bit of me away there is nothing left but the emotionless creature you created.
 
The one that no one wants to talk to or even look at, the one that would turn her nose up and walk away from the people and not give a damn about them.” She turned to her mate as her eyes had gone blood red with anger. Her tears were flowing down her beautiful face.
 
Sesshomaru knew that what he had said to her that day made her this way. “I never wanted you to give up your caring nature. It's what keeps this Sesshomaru heart from icing up.
 
You are the driving force in the Western and Southern Lands, without you I would have nothing to live for. Please Kagome, I'm sorry for what I said. I should have never made you submit to me under those circumstances. I want my Kagome back the way she was, the one that could put me in my place for being heartless and cruel. The one that is showing this Sesshomaru how to love.”
 
Kagome was confused as she heard her mate's words. He wanted her to change but now he was saying that he wanted her the way she was. She was about to reply to his demands when she went stiff in his arms. Her heart raced as she pulled away from his grasp and stifled a cry. “Shippo, Rin.” Were her only words as she jumped from the window in their chambers and raced into the forest.
 
Sesshomaru hearing what his mate had said leaped after her as he followed her deep into the forest. He knew that there was something wrong with their pups.
 
~oOo~
 
Shippo kept running through the forest as he tried to get away from all the hurt. Sesshomaru had changed his mother into an uncaring person. She was cold and heartless just like him and he wanted his mother back.
 
He finally stopped somewhere deep in the forest. He collapsed on the ground as he cried. He heard a noise behind him, as he turned ready to attack anything coming his way. He stopped in time when he caught Rin's scent and relaxed.
 
Rin had been following Shippo deep into the forest. She knew that he was hurting and she wanted to comfort him. She finally made it to the place where he was located as she stopped running and walked to his side.

She sat next to him as she hugged her brother and they both cried for a while. They didn't hear the noise that was coming their way as they were too consumed with grief. Soon a big Oni came to where they were located as he growled at them and bared his fangs.
 
Shippo and Rin looked up from their place on the ground as they saw the Oni. Rin let out an ear chattering scream that stopped the youkai dead in his tracks as he covered his ears. Shippo took the opportunity and grabbed Rin as they raced back to the castle as fast as possible.
 
The Oni recovered from his shock as he gave chase.
 
Shippo knew that he could not fight this youkai as he raced with Rin through the forest. Seeing that the Oni wouldn't stop until they were dead he pulled his top out of his shirt as he turned and threw the top at the Oni and said, “FOX MAGIC!”
 
The top grew big as it went toward the Oni. The Oni didn't know it was just an illusion as the kids continued to run. It didn't take long for the Oni to figure out that it was not real and this angered him even more.
 
He was catching up to his prey as he lashed out with his tail making the pups fall on the forest ground. He towered over them as he brought his claws up. He was about to kill them when he heard, “YOU LEAVE MY PUPS ALONE!!!”
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was running through the forest with amazing speed, she needed to get to Shippo and Rin before something happened to them. She heard Rin's scream through the forest and knew that they were being attacked. She picked up speed as she felt the children running towards her.
 
She also felt the aura of the demon chasing them as her anger was growing. Her eyes turned blood red as she raced to save her children. When she finally got there she saw the Oni about to kill her pups as she screamed, “YOU LEAVE MY PUPS ALONE!!!!”
 
She leaped into the air as she yelled, “PURIFYING BLADES!”
 
Her blade hit the Oni as it went down to the ground. She landed on the ground in front of her pups as she raced to their side. They were both unconscious on the ground as she picked them up in her arms. She held them close to her heart as she whimpered her apologizes to them.
 
The Oni was slowly getting up from the ground. He was hurt but he was not dead yet. He would get this female for hurting him as he staggered to his feet. He saw her with his breakfast in her arms and she was too busy to notice that he was up and about to attack. He got ready as he sent a blast of his youkai straight towards the female as he waited for her demise.
 
The blast hit the unsuspecting female as he waited for the smoke to clear. He was sure that he would have a good meal this morning but when the smoke cleared he saw another youkai standing there protecting the female and the pups.
 
His eyes were blood red as he saw his aura flare. He was very powerful and he knew that he could never defeat him. `This must be his mate and pups that I attacked. I should forget about this meal and leave before he kills me.' Thought the Oni as he slowly backed away from his prey.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was very close to his mate as he heard her attack in the near distance. He raced to her side to see what had happened to his pups. When he reached his mates location he saw her on the ground as she held the pups to her chest. She never noticed the Oni getting back on his feet, ready to attack them.
 
He raced forward as he reached his mate and put a powerful barrier around them. He wrapped his arms around his family protecting them until the blast cleared. He growled his anger at the youkai for trying to hurt his family as he turned to his enemy with blood red eyes.
 
He saw the Oni backing away from him. He flexed his claws to get the poison flowing to his fingertips, as he got ready to attack. He leaped after the offending youkai as he slashed with his claws killing him on the spot.
 
He walked back to Kagome as he asked, “Are they all right?”
 
Kagome looked at her pups as she placed them back down on the ground. She concentrated on her healing powers as she placed the palm of her hand on each of their chest and healed the wounds they had.
 
Slowly Shippo and Rin were waking up from their sleep. When they opened their eyes they saw their mother there with a worried look in her eyes. Her eyes were showing emotions again as both pups leaped into her arms and hugged her, never wanting to let go of her.
 
Tears of joy were streaming down Kagome's eyes as she pulled the kids away from her and she asked with a shaky voice, “Are you both feeling all right? Do you hurt anywhere?”
 
Both children answered that they were fine. They looked over their shoulder to find their father there as well. They knew that he had finally gotten their mother to change back to the way she was. They jumped into his arms, startling him for just a minute, as they hugged him in thanks. He returned their affection as he stood with both children in his arms and said, “Let's go home mate.”
 
Kagome smiled for the first time in months as his tail wrapped gently around her waist. He held her close to his chest as he summoned his demonic cloud to take them back to the castle.
 
Sesshomaru had to admit to himself that he had sorely missed that beautiful smile as his heart filled with joy. He had his Kagome back once again and he would make sure that this time he would not hurt her like that ever again.
 
Once they got back to the castle everything seemed normal again. Kagome greeted the servants and the atmosphere around the castle improved immensely. Her cheerful attitude spread like wildfire and soon everyone was in a good mood and working happily.
 
That afternoon it found Kagome and the pups playing in the field as the sounds of laughter could be heard around the castle.
 
Sesshomaru got up from his desk as he walked over to the window and observed what was going on. The sight that caught his eyes made his heart beat faster. His family was outside enjoying the day's sunshine as they played in the field below.
 
He decided to go outside for a while as he went to where his mate and children were playing in the field. He sat under a tree as he watched them play. He felt at peace for once in his life as he saw his family running his way. They were chasing each other around the tree that he was resting under.
 
He had two very excited pups jump on him as they pleaded with him to join the fun. He looked at them and said, “I do not play games pups.”
 
The pups looked disappointed as they looked at their mother and got off their father. They saw the gleam in her eyes as she walked right up behind her mate and poured a bucket of water over his head.
 
Sesshomaru jumped from his place as he turned his heated gaze at his mate for getting him wet. She smiled sweetly at him as she said, “Tag your it!” as they all took off into the field. He gave chase as he chased Kagome around the field and finally caught her and pinned her to the ground.
 
He could hear the children laughing in the background as he growled, “I'll make you pay for that later.”
 
Kagome shivered at the thought of what she would have to do to make it up to him when she saw the children jump on his back while they held on to his tail. They both easily grabbed hold when he lifted them up into the air and let them swing from there for a while.
 
Kagome purred and licked his chin as she said in his ear, “You see, it's not that bad to have fun every once in a while, even if it's with your own pups.”
 
Sesshomaru understood as he smiled at her and kissed her. They were quickly brought back to reality when they heard, “eeewwwwww,” coming from the pups as they let go of Sesshomaru's tail and took off running to the castle.
 
Kagome laughed as she heard her children and went to get up to follow them. But she couldn't move because Sesshomaru was still on top of her and he was not about to let her get up. She looked at him as she saw a gleam in his eyes and that usually meant trouble for her.
 
He got up as he brought her into his arms and kissed her again. His demonic cloud was forming under his feet as he took off to their room. They didn't see Kagome or Sesshomaru for the rest of the day as he made her pay dearly for dumping water over him.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru stirred the next morning as the sun was beginning to come up. He felt a body shift under him as he saw his mate's naked form. He purred as he was kissing her neck and shoulders.
 
Kagome relaxed when she felt Sesshomaru's kisses on her back. It had been way too long since they had been together and she was very sore this morning. He seemed to never get enough of her as they made love for the remainder of yesterday and well into the night. She thought that she would never satisfy his lust for her until they both fell asleep in the early hours of the morning.
 
He shifted as he turned her over and looked into her perfect blue eyes. They were full of emotion again and he was pleased to see this. He leaned down and kissed her in greeting as he pulled away from her and said, “Would you join me in the hot springs this morning?”
 
His infamous question caused Kagome to giggle as she agreed to his request. She knew what he was up too and she welcomed his attentions.
 
They were relaxing in the hot springs as he held Kagome in his arms. She was curled into his chest as his inner inu purred to soothe her. She had given in to all of his lust and for that he was grateful. He wanted more than anything to stay in his room all day and ravish her body again but they had to make plans to go back to the Southern Lands.
 
They still needed to finish their business there and he needed to find someone to leave in charge of that region that would act on his behave. He had been thinking about this for a long while now and he had to get his mates opinion on his choice. He wanted to make sure that she was all right with it as he turned to her and said, “Kagome, I wanted to ask your opinion on who we should leave in charge of the Southern Lands once we have finished all the legalities.”
 
Kagome shifted in his arms as she heard what he had said, “Do you have someone in mind who can handle that region?”
 
“Yes I do, I want to see if you agree with me on the choice.” Said Sesshomaru.
 
“Who is it?” Kagome was excited to hear whom he would choose to rule that part of their lands.
 
“I want to leave Inuyasha in charge. He has proven that he can rule over the lands and he has become a lord in his own right. I will have to release him from his bond and I want to know that you will be happy with my decision.” Said Sesshomaru as he waited for her reply.
 
Kagome heard what he said and she was shocked that he would want his brother to rule over the Southern Lands. She knew that it was an honor for him but she would miss him when he was gone. They have been together for a long time and it pained her to see him go. But she understood that he had his own life to live and he should start looking for a mate that he could be with for the rest of his life.
 
“I think he is the best choice to leave in control of the South. I will miss him but I know that he too must move on with his life. I'm hoping that he will find someone to love again so he could settle down and have his own family.” Said Kagome with a hint of sadness in her voice.
 
Sesshomaru knew that Inuyasha was the perfect choice to rule. He has learned everything that he needed to know from him and he has shown that he could take on the responsibility as lord. Now all he had to do was convince the hanyou that he was free of his bond and take the position, which he knew was not going to be easy since he is still very protective of Kagome.
 
He came to a decision as he said, “We will head back to the Southern Lands this afternoon. You may bring the children with you if you want.”
 
Kagome was happy that she could bring Shippo and Rin back with her to the southern castle. It would give her something to do while her mate was involved in meetings all day.
 
They left the hot springs as they got dressed and set about their duties.
 
Kagome went to find the children when she was told that they were in training class at the moment. They were learning how to fight to protect themselves against intruders. The servants had taken it upon themselves to find suitable instructors to teach them how to fight.
 
Kagome's interests were peeked as she went looking for her pups. One of the servants showed her where they were practicing as they lead her into an open field. She watched as they were training both her children how to protect themselves.
 
She observed as Rin went through her warm up exercises with her sensei and then started her lessons for the day. She was being taught how to handle twin katanas and other weapons. As she watched she noticed that Rin was really good and she was improving which each move she made. She saw as her daughter concentrated on what she was doing as she tried to get it right the first time.
 
Her speed was amazing and she fought with a warrior's heart. Rin reminded her of herself when she was that age. Eager to learn and soaking up the knowledge like a sponge. She continued to watch as she was sparing with her sensei. She landed a few good blows that could even rival hers in a match. She was proud of her daughter for learning so much while she was gone.
 
She had missed so much since she has been gone from the west that she started to see her children growing up before her eyes. Rin was older now and didn't need her as much as she turned her attention to where Shippo was practicing with his sensei.
 
Shippo was practicing with his powers. His sensei was another kitsune just like him and he was teaching him how to develop his powers. She was amazed as she saw how strong his foxfire was.
 
His illusions were more powerful now and they could even attack and inflict damage on anyone attacking him. Her son was growing strong every day and he was getting bigger.
 
Kagome stayed there until their lessons were completed and when they saw her they both rushed to her side. She gave each of them a hug as she said, “Hey guys, I have to leave to go back to the Southern Lands soon and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me this time?”
 
Shippo and Rin looked at each other with concern. They faced their mother as Shippo said, “Mom we want to stay and continue our training. We want to go but if we leave now when we get back we will have to start all over again. I'm learning everyday how to improve my demonic powers so one day I can truly protect you. I don't want to be weak any more so if it's alright with you I would like to stay.”
 
Rin echoed Shippo's remarks as Kagome looked at her pups. They weren't pups any longer but young adults that were able to make their own decision. She was heartbroken that they didn't want to go with her but she understood their desire. The time had come for her to let go of them. “Yes I understand and you don't have to come with me. I want you both to behave and listen to your sensei.”
 
The pups agreed as she left them to their training. Her heart was broken but she knew that this day was coming. When her pups were old enough to take care of themselves.
 
Kagome waited outside for her mate, as they were to make their way back to the southern castle. When he finally came outside he looked for Shippo and Rin. He didn't see the pups as he raised an elegant eyebrow at his mate in question.
 
Kagome seeing the question in his eyes lowered her head as she said, “They are not coming. They want to stay behind and continue with their studies. They say if they leave now they will have to start all over again and I can do that to them. They are really good and they have learned so much. I guess I have to face the reality that our pups are finally growing up and they don't need me as much anymore.”
 
Sesshomaru was surprised to hear this as he turned to his mate. He picked up the sadness in her voice and knew that she was saddened by their request. He put his arm around her form as they walked out to the middle of the courtyard getting ready to leave.
 
Kagome had a thought to get there quickly as she said, “Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, hold on to me and I will transport us there. That way we won't be traveling through the night.”
 
They both agreed to her request as she started her spell. She wanted to get away from here as soon as possible. Her pup's request had really thrown her for a loop and she needed some time to think. Once her spell was complete they were transported back to the southern castle.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha took off once they were back in the Southern Lands leaving Kagome alone. She walked to the gardens and noticed all of the weeds that were growing there. She started to pull the weeds out to get the gardens ready for the spring. She was deep in her thoughts about her pups as she continued to work.
 
As she was working the servants noticed what she was doing. They quickly ran to her side as they bowed and stated, “Please milady. We will get the gardens ready for the spring. You do not need to worry yourself about them.”
 
Kagome looked up from her work as she eyed the servants. They were actually speaking to her as she said, “You don't need to worry about the gardens. This gives me something to do while I'm here. I love flowers and I want to create something beautiful so I can come and relax during the day. We have a garden in the Western Lands but I want these to be more beautiful than those. I want everyone to say that the Southern Lands castle has the most beautiful garden in the region.”
 
Kagome had said that with such passion that the servants looked at her in awe. She didn't mind getting dirty and she wanted to work in the gardens. The youkai looked at each other as they took a chance that maybe she would accept their ideas for what flowers should be planted here.
 
“Excuse me milady, but may we make some suggestions on the types of flowers that would grow perfectly here in these gardens.” Said one of the servants as he waited for her reply.
 
Kagome smiled sweetly at him as she sat down on the ground and agreed to hear them on their ideas.
 
The servants were very excited as they explained the perfect garden to her. Kagome agreed with everything they said and she only had a couple of request for them. “I love your idea for the gardens and it would be beautiful once complete. But I have a couple of request. I would like to have a rose garden in one corner of the garden. I love roses and they make me happy. I would also like to plant an herb garden so we have fresh herbs to treat the sick or wounded.”
 
The servants were jumping for joy as she agreed to their plans. No other lady of the castle had ever listened to them when they suggested what kind of flowers grew best in this area. Her request was simple enough to incorporate in the design as they bowed deeply to her and offered her their thanks for listening.
 
The word started to spread around that the Lady of the Southern Lands would listen to their needs. Soon the servants were all coming to her with their ideas on how to make the palace look more beautiful than the rest.
 
Kagome now had a new role to perform around the castle as her mate took care of the lands, she took care of the way the castle would appear. She started to transform the Southern castle into a place that her mate would envy. With the help of the servants they started from the very top of the castle and worked their way down to all of the rooms.
 
The interior of the castle was transformed into an elegant place to show off to the rest of the lords of the region. They changed just about everything thing as the colors soon soothed all those present and the colors matched the room's use.
 
In places where they would have heated arguments they put soothing colors like creams, brown, and greens. In the dining hall they made it different shades of blue. Every room in the castle was carefully done to perfection. By the time they were done Sesshomaru couldn't believe that this was the castle they had taken over almost six months ago.
 
The servants were starting to love their lady and never wanted her to leave. If they had a problem she would see to their needs. They never had a Lady of the South that had shown concern for those who worked in the castle.
 
The gardens had turned out to be more beautiful than Kagome had ever imagined. The youkai gardeners had out done themselves. Everywhere Kagome looked there were beautiful flowers in bloom. She had her own private her garden that she would use from time to time.
 
The rose garden that she had requested was the most beautiful in all the lands. There were roses of every color imaginable perfectly placed there for her enjoyment. The sweet scent of the roses always made her happy as they put a bench for her to sit and relax during the day.
 
Sesshomaru couldn't believe what his mate had done with the castle. It was more beautiful than the western castle. She had completely transformed the place in less than a month with the help of the servants.
 
The gardens outside were by far the best part of the castle. It was beautifully done and it represented his mate so well. He loved to take walks in the garden with his mate late at night as the different scents soothed him from a hard day.
 
He heard from time to time the praise that his mate would receive for resolving an issue or just showing that she cared. They have accepted her as their lady and he was happy.
 
Kagome had requested his permission to have the healers from every village come to the castle so she could teach them properly how to heal. He had given his permission and soon the castle was over run with healers from across the lands that were eager to be taught by this mate.
 
By the time the healers returned back to their villages they had the knowledge they needed to keep everyone safe. Kagome had taught them everything they needed to know for their era. There were many things she couldn't teach them because it was too early for them to know this knowledge. But she was happy that competent healers would look after the people of the south.
 
Everything started coming together in the Southern Lands. It was now time for Sesshomaru and Kagome to return to the west. Sesshomaru pulled his brother into his study, as he was about to tell him of his decision.
 
Sesshomaru took a deep breath as he began, “Inuyasha, the time has come for me and Kagome to head back to the Western Lands. I have made my choice on who I would leave in charge of this area. I know that this person will look after the lands the way I would and keep the peace. I know that he would rule with a gentle hand and listen to the peoples needs.”
 
Inuyasha sat in the chair across from his brother as he listened to see whom he would leave in charge of the Southern Lands. He was curious to see whom this person was that his brother spoke so highly of.
 
Sesshomaru looked right at his brother as he said, “The person I have chosen to rule the South is you brother.”
 
Inuyasha was shocked that it was him that his brother was talking about. He had never heard his brother talk so highly of him before as he sputtered out, “Me!!!”
 
“Yes brother, I have given this a lot of thoughts and I know that you will be a great ruler for this area. You have learned everything you need to know from this Sesshomaru and I want you to stay here and rule as Lord in your own right. You will not have to worry about the other two lords for these lands are now part of the Western Lands and no one will challenge you as lord.
 
I will expect that you come and visit the Western Lands once a month and give me a progress report on how things is going and if you need any help I am always there to help you. I know that you will do our father great honor and rule with a gentle heart.”
 
Inuyasha was still in shock at what his brother was saying. He wanted him to take over and rule the south but there was a problem as he said, “But Sesshomaru, I still have a life pledge that I must fulfill.”
 
“That little brother is no longer a problem. I release you from your pledge to me. Your debt has been fully repaid. Kagome also has agreed to this and knows that you too must move on with your life. We hope that one day you will find a mate and will be truly happy with her.”
 
Inuyasha didn't know what to say. He was heartbroken that they wanted him to leave but at the same time he was honored that his brother would trust him enough to rule in his absence. He looked into his brother's eyes and saw the truth in them. He truly wanted him to say yes. He took a deep breath as he said, “It would be an honor to stay and rule the South in your absence. But know this that if you ever need me I will be there to protect you and Kagome.”
 
Sesshomaru was happy that his brother had agreed to his request. For the first time in his life Sesshomaru did something that both shocked him and his brother. He rose from his seat as he walked around the desk to face his brother. He stood in front of him as he waited for his brother to stand.
 
When they were both facing each other he embraced his brother in a brotherly hug and nuzzled him. It had been way to long for this as he felt his brother returned his affection. To his surprised he felt when his brother nuzzled him under his chin and licked him. It was their way of saying that everything was forgiven between them and they were truly brothers once again.
 
They released each other as they left the study. Inuyasha going to get everyone gathered in the main audience chambers to see his brother off as Sesshomaru left to go get his mate. The time had come for them to return home permanently.
 
~oOo~
 
It was a tearful goodbye for Kagome as she hugged Inuyasha and told him to behave himself. Then she did something that he never thought she would ever do to him. She removed the necklace from around his neck and set him free from the spell of subjugation.
 
Inuyasha was completely shocked that she had taken off his necklace as he looked at her with wide eyes.
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “We can't have the new lord of the South walk around with a subjugation necklace on can we? You have earned the right to have them removed and be free of them. But if you get out of hand I can always put them back on.”
 
The look of horror in his eyes made Kagome laugh as she turned to her mate.
 
Sesshomaru stood tall as he addressed everyone gathered in the chamber. “People of the Southern Land. I must return to the west along with my mate. We leave behind my brother Inuyasha who is someone that will keep the lands safe and protect you all. He has my trust and my support. I expect you all to treat him with the utmost respect.”
 
Sesshomaru turned his attention to General Hisoka, “General I expect that you will support my brother in his task. The land needs to be protected and I have confidence that your soldiers are up to the task at hand.”
 
The general nodded his head toward Lord Sesshomaru as he agreed that he would help his brother when ever possible.
 
Sesshomaru then turned to his mate and said, “Are you ready to return home?”
 
Kagome smiled at him as she nodded her head yes. She took one last look at Inuyasha before her mate enclosed them in the golden sphere and shot out of the castle heading to the west.
 
Inuyasha looked on as they disappeared over the horizon. His heart was heavy for leaving Kagome and his brother but he knew that now he had a purpose in life. He had something to protect and he was happy for the moment. He knew that eventually he would have to find a mate but the was way into the future as he set about his daily duties and see to the welfare of the people to the South.
 
~oOo~
 
Well that's the end to another chapter. Inuyasha is now Lord in his own right. He is to rule the Southern Lands in his brother's absence. He knew that he would miss Kagome but he also knows that he must continue to live his own life.
 
Now, it is with great honor that I tell you all that this fanfiction has been nominated on Single Sparks for the following awards categories:
 
Best Romance/Fluff/WAFF, Best Action/Adventure, Best Angst/Drama, Best Kagome Portrayal, Best Sesshomaru Portrayal, and Best Overall Fanfic.
 
You all have no idea what this means to me. I for one never thought that my writing was good enough to let other people read my stories. But here three loyal fans that told me that my story was nominated for the awards and surprised me. These three are Becky, Risa, and Natalie.
 
Thanks guys you have made my day when you told me about this. I will try hard to give you more stories like this. I was told that voting would begin in one week so wish me luck. But I'm happy with just being nominated.
 
Thank you all for reviewing my story and sparking new life into my writing. This is an honor for me and a personal best. I don't know if I would ever top this again but I hope to sometime in the future.
 
All right people the chapter you have all been waiting for is next. The day the Kagome gets pupped. It has taken a long time for it to get this far and I hope that you all like the way I have done the chapter. She also must go and get the lands that were promised to her from the other two lords. Things get interesting as we continue with the story.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!