InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 37 ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

All right everyone I'm warning you now that his chapter does contain a Lemon in it. I will warn you before it starts and then tell you when it ends. If you do not like reading this stuff then just skip over that section in the story. You have been warned of the content of this chapter.
 
Chapter 37
 
It has been a couple of months now that Sesshomaru and Kagome have returned to the Western Lands. Everything was peaceful and they have been left alone for a while.
 
Inuyasha would come once a month to report on how things were going in the Southern Lands. He had some difficulties at first with those who refused to listen to him because he was a hanyou but he handled himself well as he proved his worth.
 
Although he was a hanyou he was the most powerful demon in the south. He had developed himself into a powerful fighter that could take on anyone who challenged him.
 
His body had developed even more now that he was training himself. He had muscles on his arms, chest, and powerful legs. He was a little taller than before almost reaching Sesshomaru's height. Anyone that looked at him and Sesshomaru could not deny that they were brothers for they looked almost alike in every way except the ears.
 
Sesshomaru had been impressed with his brother so far and he wanted to test his strength. It wouldn't do him good to have his brother stronger than him so he could challenge for alpha. He was still the dominant male and he wanted to keep it that way.
 
It was no surprise to Inuyasha when his brother had suggested that they go outside so he could show him what he has been training on. Inuyasha took up the offer as they headed outside so he could show his brother everything that he has learned.
 
Kagome got wind of what they were going to do as she rushed outside trying to find them. She knew that when they said they were going to practice or just spar with each other it could turn deadly when it came to those two. She had to break up major battles between the two in the past and she didn't want a repeat.
 
She would not allow the brothers to harm each other because she would be the one to enforce the no killing law she implemented when they got into these things. She was capable in handling both brothers and her wrath was something neither of them wanted.
 
She knew where they were as she headed in their direction. She masked her scent and aura so she could watch from the forest. She wanted a good seat as she made her way toward the battle that was raging on in the clearing. She found herself the perfect spot as she sat down and watched the show.
 
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were well into their fight when Kagome finally got there. They had equal amounts of cuts and bruises as they were both bleeding from their wounds.
 
Inuyasha had learned to control his temper when he fought. He now held the Tetsusaiga with more grace than he used to. He was an excellent swordsman when he chose to be and could even rival Sesshomaru in skill.
 
Sesshomaru had been impressed. His brother was showing control and countered every swing of his blade. Tetsusaiga had an all-new energy to it as his brother had matured into the sword.
 
They attacked each other as they tried to do some harm. At one point Inuyasha had knocked Tokijin away from Sesshomaru's hand as he went after his brother. That in it's self was hard to do since Sesshomaru had complete control over his reflexes.
 
But the fact was that he had caught him off guard and now he was without his sword. Inuyasha came in and slashed with his sword only to find air because Sesshomaru had simply jumped out of the way of his attack and was currently floating above him.
 
This action sent Inuyasha into a temper tantrum as he yelled, “Oii! Bastard! Are you going to come down here and fight or are you going to stay up there all day?”
 
Sesshomaru smirked at his brother as he said, “What's wrong brother? Can't you join me up here? I thought that by now you would have mastered this little bit of power. Oh I know you can't get your simple mind to understand how to do this correct?”
 
Inuyasha was pissed. He hated when his brother threw something in his face that he could do but he couldn't master because he was a half-breed. That made him more determined to beat him at his own game.
 
Inuyasha leaped into the air as he went after his brother. He was determined to bring him down to his level to fight. The madder he got the more he floated above the ground fighting with his brother.
 
Sesshomaru never let up on his taunts as he continued to get under his brother's skin. He had missed this the most since he has been gone. He still loved to tease his brother because it made him do things he was not aware of.
 
They continued to battle above the ground as Inuyasha continued going after his brother. Inuyasha landed a perfect hit on his brother's jaw and sent him crashing toward the ground. But unfortunately for Inuyasha Sesshomaru landed right next to his sword as he picked it up and continued their battle.
 
Kagome had seen enough as she got up from the ground and walked toward her two favorite boys.
 
Both brothers sensed Kagome coming their way and stopped attacking each other. They were both panting hard from the battle that they have been fighting for the last three hours. Neither of them wanted to admit defeat so she made them stop at her presence.
 
In some ways they were both glad that Kagome had showed up. That way they had an excuse to stop without having to admit defeat.
 
Kagome looked at both of her boys as she said in a motherly tone, “It's time that you two stop fighting and come back to the castle. Dinner will be ready soon and you both need to clean up.”
 
She turned as she left them in the clearing. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha looked on as she walked away from them. They both shook their heads in frustration as they sheathed their swords and followed her back to the castle.
 
Dinner was a quiet affair. Both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were sore from their fight earlier today. They had both pushed themselves to the limit but Sesshomaru knew that his brother still could not beat him in an actual fight. He had not used his true powers on him so this made him feel better.
 
Inuyasha on the other hand knew that he had to work harder to improve. Before dinner Kagome had told him that he had been floating above the clearing going after his brother. He never came down for over an hour when he had finally landed a hit on Sesshomaru.
 
Inuyasha was really proud of himself for doing that, now he just had to learn how to summon it at will. He had to think about what his brother had done. Yes he wanted to see how strong he was but he also wanted to teach him something new. He would always tease him until he got mad enough to do something he had never done before.
 
Now that he had learned what his brother was doing he would welcome the fights they would have in the future and learn from them.
 
The next day Inuyasha left to go back to the Southern Lands with a promise to return in a month's time. Kagome smiled as she waved goodbye as he took off heading south.
 
Kagome turned to her mate, once she saw that Inuyasha was gone, as she said, “The next time Inuyasha is here you should show him how to form the demonic cloud so he can fly from place to place instead of running.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at his mate in question as Kagome saw this and laughed. “Mate don't you think I know what you do every time you fight with your brother? You teach him something new every time and he goes back and perfects it. You showed him yesterday that he could float in the air just like you by teasing him. So next time show him how to form the cloud.”
 
Sesshomaru never knew that his mate had caught on to what he was doing. `Am I that obvious that my mate could see my intentions before I even make them?' Thought Sesshomaru while he was walking back to his study. He was really going soft now that Kagome was with him.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome had been sitting in the garden alone. The children were learning how to fight and they had other studies that they both attended during the day.
 
Sango and Miroku had gone back to Kaede's village now that Sesshomaru and Kagome were back home with the pups. Their services were no longer needed so they decided to leave. They told Kagome that if they ever needed them again to please send for them and they would come and help.
 
They were married upon their arrival back at the village and they were living there in peace. About a month later she received word that Sango was expecting her first child.

Kagome chuckled, `Leave it up to Miroku not to waist any time in getting Sango pregnant. He wanted to make sure that she didn't go anywhere to fight demons.'
 
Kagome sighed she didn't have anything to do. Everyone that was important in her life had other things to do or were expecting their first child. Her heart ached for not having her pups around her any more. They didn't need her and her life now was empty.
 
In a way she envied Sango because she would soon know the thrills of motherhood. Her life would be complete once she held that baby in her arms. The small child would grow with each passing day and she would get to see it develop, as it grew older.
 
Kagome on the other hand had come to be a mother early in her years. True she didn't know the pain of giving birth or changing diapers but they were her pups and she loved them. Her pups were already young children and all she had to do was just step in to take care of them. Kagome yearned to have a child of her own. Her arms were empty now and she had too much time on her hands.
 
She sat there for a good portion of the day as she started to feel sick. It was the first time that she had ever felt like this and she was wondering why. Ever since she had turned into a youkai she had not been sick a day in her life. She enjoyed not being sick and she had welcomed that change in her life.
 
Now she was feeling strange and she didn't know what was wrong. Her stomach started to hurt as a flash of heat came over her body. She figured that she should go lay down for a while, thinking that maybe it would go away once she did.
 
She got up as she walked back into the castle. She found Nasume along the way as she said, “Nasume, I'm not feeling well right now. If anyone is looking for me I'm going to lay down for a while.”
 
Nasume bowed to her in acknowledgement as she caught Kagome's scent. Kagome had finally gone into heat as she raced to tell the head servant what was happening.
 
Once the head servant heard the news he started to get the male servants out of the castle before their lord caught the ladies scent. Any male found near her during this time would be killed on the spot for being a threat to the lord's mate.
 
Nasume had raced on ahead of Kagome and prepared her chambers for her. She knew that once she made it to the room she would not be coming out again for at least a few days. It all depended on her and how fast she would conceive the new pup.
 
Kagome was going through hot flashes as she continued to walk to her room. She was completely oblivious to everything going on around her. She never saw the servants racing around the castle.
 
The female servants were chasing the males out of the castle with what ever they had in their hands. Once a male caught her scent their eyes started to turn red as they reacted to her call. The females knowing that they would all be killed if their lord caught them quickly pushed them out of harms way. They had to knock some of the males unconscious to get them to safety.
 
Kagome had to stop to catch her breath as the pain and the burning became intense. She needed to make it to bed before she collapsed on the ground.
 
She quickened her pace as she walked by her mates study and went toward their room. Once she was there she closed the door and crawled into bed. The heat within her body was growing out of proportion as it spiked her scent. She was in pain and she wanted it to go away. She didn't know what was happening to her as she started to cry on her bed.
 
~OoO~
 
Sesshomaru had been working on some paperwork for a while now. He noticed that the castle was strangely quiet and figured that Kagome was weaving a story for someone. He continued to work when he caught a wonderful scent in the air.
 
The scent was beautiful as he inhaled it deeply. He wondered where that scent was coming from as his eyes started to turn blood red. He recognized the scent immediately as he raced out of his study going to where his mate was located.
 
His inner inu was howling with satisfaction that his mate had finally gone into heat. She was calling to them as he raced through the castle willing to kill any male that was near his beloved mate. She was his and he would not stand to have any other male near her during her time.
 
The scent was getting stronger as he finally found her in their room. He opened the door with such force that he almost broke it in half. She was lying on the bed crying because her heat was too much for her to bear.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOo Start of Lemon oOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
He quickly closed the door behind him as he placed a powerful barrier to keep away other males from his mate. She was his and he would finally get to pup her.
 
Kagome sensed that her mate was in the room with her. Her eyes had gone blood red from her heat. She needed release from this pain as she growled at him. He maybe her mate but she didn't want any males near her right now. Her inner beast was in full control of her actions as she was fighting the affects that were happening to her body.
 
Sesshomaru growled at his mate as he came closer to her. He had heard her warnings to stay away but he knew that he could give her release from her pain. He would have to subdue her to mate with her fully and it will be a challenge, but it was a challenge that he would enjoy.
 
Kagome seeing that her mate would not stop coming towards her bolted from the bed as she tried to escape out the door. The barrier he had placed on the door pushed her back into the room as she landed on the floor with the breath knocked out of her.
 
Sesshomaru didn't waste any time as he pounced on her, he had her pinned to the floor as he growled telling her to submit.
 
Kagome didn't want to submit as she fought against him. She was a lot stronger than before as she finally succeeded in getting him off her. She bolted for the window only to be stopped again by the barrier he had placed there as she was knocked to the floor.
 
Sesshomaru had enough as he pounced on her and pinned her to the ground. He started to purr as he reached his mating mark and started to lick it.
 
Kagome's struggles became less as she started to settle down. His purrs relaxed her and almost put her to sleep as she gave in to his desires.
 
Sesshomaru picked Kagome up from the floor as he placed her on the bed. He tore her clothes off her as she started to come around. He gave his clothes the same treatment as he pounced on her before she could get away.
 
Kagome mind was in turmoil. The heat in her body was driving her crazy and she wished that it would just go away. She tried to leave only to be pinned to the bed again by her mate. She whimpered as the heat was getting to be too much for her.
 
Sesshomaru seeing her discomfort started to purr as he found her sweet lips. He kissed her long and hard showing her how much he loved her. His kisses were demanding as his desire for her grew.
 
He broke from the kiss as he started to trail kisses down her jaw to her neck. When he reached his mating mark he bit her again as the taste of her blood in heat over powered his senses. It was sweet and spicy as he continued to drink her blood then as quickly as he bit her he pulled away and started to heal her wound.
 
He wanted to show her some pleasure but her scent and the taste of her blood that still lingered in his mouth was driving his inner inu crazy with desire. He couldn't restrain him any longer.
 
He broke free from his control as he took over. He was ruff and didn't care. He wanted her as he slammed into her full force. Their joining was as wild as it could be. Their inner inu joined for the sole purpose to produce a pup. Their bodies were moving as one as he tried to relieve the discomfort she was feeling.
 
Kagome didn't care how ruff he was being with her, she wanted the pain to go away and what he was doing felt really good, relieving her body of the pain it was in. She was panting hard as she wrapped her legs around his hips while he continued to pound into her.
 
She was slowly reaching her climax as she finally howled her release. They came together in the heat of passion as he spilled his seed deep within her.
 
They were both breathing hard as Sesshomaru looked at his mate. If her eyes were still blood red then they would continue the mating because she was not yet pupped. If they had returned to normal then she was pupped and then both of them could enjoy the rest of her heat cycle.
 
Kagome stirred from her position, the pain worse than before as she tried to leave. In her mind this male could not relieve the pain she was in so she wanted to find another. She tried to get up but found herself being pinned to the bed.
 
She opened her eyes and they were still blood red as she growled at the male on top of her. She wanted to leave but he was restraining her. She struggled in his grasp as she tried to break free.
 
Sesshomaru was trying to hold his mate back down. She was strong and her heat was making her even stronger yet. He looked up to find a rope that was tied to an anchor on the wall. He reached for it as he tied his mate to it and then flipped her over on her stomach.
 
Kagome tried to break free but with her hands tied and she couldn't get away from him. The ropes he used were enchanted so she couldn't break free of its hold. She was lying on her stomach as the pain became intense. She whimpers and growled her frustrations at the male.
 
Sesshomaru was on top of her as he kept her pinned to the bed. Her hands were now secure to the wall preventing her from leaving. He grabbed her hips as he pulled her towards him keeping her off balance.
 
He lashed on to the back of her neck and growled. Kagome calmed as soon as she felt the pressure on her neck. She knew that she was stuck and couldn't move. She felt a hand as it was going underneath her body pulling her toward his hard chest.
 
His hand went down to find her sweet spot as he started to rub it in a gentle circle. She relaxed as she purred her contentment. Her desires for him were growing as she continued to melt in his arms.
 
She felt the pressure building up again as her breathing became labored. She couldn't hold on much longer as she screamed her release into the heavens. She was feeling weak as she was pushed forward and Sesshomaru entered her from behind.
 
He was not as fast as the last time as he slowly took her. He relished her wetness as he slid in and out of her body slowly. It felt so good just to have her. She was wet and tight as he continued to slide in and out of her. His desires for her grew as he continued to build up the passion between them.
 
He started to go faster when he felt her heat rise. He knew that she was coming close to her end as he hurried to meet her.
 
Kagome howled her release as she pushed back into her mate.
 
Sesshomaru came right after her as they were finally joined. Sesshomaru inner inu howled his victory at finally being joined with his mate. He knew that he would not release her until she was pupped.
 
He cradled her against his chest as he released her neck. He laid on his side keeping her in place while they were joined. His seed continued to be spilled as it traveled deep within her. His growls of pleasure at finally being joined could be heard throughout the castle.
 
They stayed like that for about an hour. He noticed that her scent started to change as his inner inu finally let go of her. Their joining finally complete as she was now pupped. A gentle purr came from deep within his chest as it soothed his tried mate.
 
When Kagome opened her eyes they were back to being normal as she fell asleep in his arms. He held her close to his chest for he knew that her heat was not over yet. He would have to keep her subdued for the next three days until it passed.
 
He would provide her with everything she needed. She was not to leave the room they were in for any reason, if another male caught her scent he would attack her and she would lose the pup she was carrying. So he would make her submit to his will.
 
Her heat cycle was very strong and he will have to watch out for it in the future. He could have hurt her if he was not careful and restrained his inner inu during their mating. He knew that his mate had to be handled with gentleness.
 
He also understood that she could hurt him if he didn't keep his eyes on what she was doing. With her inner inu in control she would not remember what she was doing until it was too late.
 
Once she settled down in his arms they both fell asleep. He would awaken the moment she would move to see if she needed him again. Until her inner inu was satisfied he would continue to take her even though she was pupped.
 
oOoOoOoOo END OF LEMON oOoOoOoOo
 
By the end of the third day Kagome's eyes started to stay their natural blue color. Her heat scent was finally leaving her body as they finished another round of their mating. She had fallen asleep again and he knew that she would be out for a few hours. He grabbed his robe as he put it on. He wanted to get her some food before she woke up.
 
Once he opened the door to his room he spotted Nasume there waiting for him. She had a tray of food for Kagome and the servant standing nervously next to her was holding a tray of food for him.
 
Nasume knew that her lord would need to eat so she had gotten the cooks to prepare a tray for him.
 
They stepped forward as they handed the trays of food to him. They bowed as they left him alone to see to his mate.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head. `Leave it up to the servants to know what is going on. I bet that they were the ones that put the rope on that anchor knowing that Kagome was going to be difficult.' Thought Sesshomaru as he went back into his chambers.
 
He placed the trays on a table as he devoured his food, his strength finally returning to him after three days of constant mating. He sat next to his mate that was still tied to the rope, as he was licking his fingers clean of the blood he had on them, deep in thought.
 
`Every male has a special room that we take our mates to when they are in heat. The heat of the female is so strong that we all need a special place to keep our mates safe during this time. It prevents other males from catching her scent and attempting to take her from me. I have a room such as this but we didn't have time to get down there.
 
Kagome's heat was too strong to risk going through the castle with the other males around. Her heat calls to the inner demon in all males. It makes us do thinks that we normally wouldn't do. Only the strongest of demons can resist this calling.
 
Kagome being so strong her heat would over power even the strongest of demons and they would come to her call. This is her way to make sure that she gets pupped and make sure that the demon race survives.
 
At least my servants had the foresight of putting something in the room that I could use to subdue my mate. It had helped me immensely. If not she could have broken away from me and would have gone looking for another male that could take care of her needs.'
 
Sesshomaru sighed he knew that it wasn't that Kagome didn't love him or that they were not truly mated. It was just instinct that would drive her to seek another male to see if they would relieve her pain. He knew that he was up to the challenge but the next time she went into heat he was going to make sure that they were down in his special room so that she would be better protected.
 
His room contained special spells and enchantments that would protect and subdue her until her heat was gone. It would protect them both while they mated. Here in his room he had to be on guard to make sure that other males stayed away from her and that she was protected. He had not truly rested in the three days.
 
It was in the middle of the night when Kagome started to stir from her sleep. The foggy haze that had taken over her mind was finally lifting. She felt that she was being held tightly in an embrace. When she tried to move her hands she found that she was bound to the bed by a rope.
 
She furrowed her eyebrows together wondering what had happened. She moved and she quickly felt Sesshomaru move on top of her as he pinned her to the bed. She was wondering what was going on as she asked, “ Sesshomaru? What happened to me?”
 
Sesshomaru hearing that his mate had actually spoken to him instead of growling rolled her over on her back as he looked at her. Her eyes were back to normal as he put his nose to her neck and sniffed. The scent of her heat was gone. Her scent has returned to normal signaling that it had finally subsided.
 
He nuzzled her as he said, “You went into heat Kagome.”

Kagome breathed hitched when she heard what he had said, `If I went into heat then that means…'
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she asked with a shaky voice, “Sesshomaru am I with pup now?”
 
Sesshomaru purred his delight as he answered, “Yes mate, you now carry this Sesshomaru's pup.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as tears of joy were pouring out of them. She was happy that she was going to have his pup now. She felt her hands being released from the ropes as Sesshomaru was licking the wounds she had on them. The rope had rubbed her wrists raw from being restrained.
 
Kagome purred as he did this. It felt really good as she relaxed into his hold. He continued to bathe her with is tongue as he made sure that he didn't miss a spot. Once he was done he got up and got her some food to eat.
 
She was now eating for two and she needed nourishment. When Kagome finished with her food she laid back down again. She was tired as she yawned. She curled her body against her mates and fell asleep once again. She was glad that the pain was gone and she was even happier that she was going to have a child of her own.
 
~oOo~
 
The next morning Kagome woke up to the sounds of excitement going around the castle. They seemed to be celebrating the fact that she was expecting. She wondered how they knew she was pupped but then again it was probably their noses that were telling them.
 
After all the inu youkai nose is one of the strongest senses around. They can tell everything by the scent. So it is no wonder that everyone in the castle knew she was pupped.
 
She moved as she heard a growl coming from her mate. She looked up to see two beautiful golden eyes looking at her. She sighed and then smiled as she said, “Would you care to join me in the hot springs?”
 
She could see the excitement in her mate's eyes as he agreed to her request. They both got up and put on a robe as they went to the hot springs. It was the first time in three days that Kagome had been allowed to leave their chambers. She was sore and she was having difficulties in walking as she felt herself being picked up in powerful arms.
 
Sesshomaru smiled down at her as she rested her head against his shoulder. Her mate was purring to soothe her as he continued on his way to the hot springs.
 
Once he was there he gently bathed her and then let her rest in the warm water. He knew that their mating had been intense and that she was probably sore. She needed to recover as he held her in his arms and was gently rubbing her back in small circles. This action would normally relax Kagome completely. Her body had gone through a traumatic change and she needed to rest.
 
When they were done they got dressed as they went down to eat. Every one of the servants cheered the happy couple as they came down from their room. They were all happy that she was with pup as they made way for them.
 
Kagome ate her food quietly as a thought came to her mind. She turned to her mate and said, “Sesshomaru, we have to send word to Kumo and Tususki. I have yet to claim the lands that they owe me and I want to do it before I am unable to travel.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at Kagome in utter confusion before he understood his mate's request as he said, “Very well Kagome, I will send word to Kumo and Tususki that we will arrive first in the Eastern Lands and then we will head north. That way they can expect us.”
 
Kagome was happy about this as she finished her food and went out to the gardens. To her surprise Sesshomaru followed her as she said, “Sesshomaru don't you have any paperwork to do?”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled as he said, “Yes I do but I want to spend my time with you. You are more important than any paperwork at the moment.”
 
Kagome smiled as they walked over to a tree and sat down underneath it. She cuddled into her mate's side and they stayed there the rest of the day. They enjoyed their time together as their love for each other grew.
 
Sesshomaru was finally happy. His mate was carrying his pup and he has finally proved his worth as a mate. He held her close to his side as he protected her. This would be her most vulnerable time. He needed to protect her from getting hurt because she could lose the pup she was carrying.
 
He had already sent word to Kumo and Tususki that they were coming for a visit to receive the promised lands from them. He knew that Kumo would be the most difficult one because he would try to give Kagome the worst part of his lands. She had already given her permission for them to choose the lands that she would receive. So she couldn't say anything about it.
 
He sighed this was going to be a most difficult trip for the both of them.
 
~oOo~
 
For the first two weeks Kagome went through what every female would go through when they first get pregnant. Her morning sickness was the worst. Every morning she would jump out of bed before she found a place where she would lose everything in her stomach.
 
Sesshomaru would bolt right after her to make sure that she was all right. The healers were trying different herbs to stop her morning sickness but none of the remedies seemed to work.
 
Finally after two weeks they had found the right combination of herbs to use to calm her stomach. She no longer got sick in the morning and was able to keep her food down.
 
Sesshomaru was happy when the healer finally found the combination of herbs that would work on his mate. He had to threaten every healer in the castle before they found the right herbs to give her.
 
He had been worried sick that she would lose the pup because she was getting thin and not able to keep her food down. She would lie in bed for most of the day with him at her side. If he had to tend to matters of the lands he would leave Nasume with her so she could keep an eye on her.
 
They had told Shippo and Rin that their mother was going to have pup and they both jumped for joy. They would soon have a little brother or sister to play with and they could teach him or her everything they have learned so far.
 
The males of the castle were keeping their distance from their lady. Sesshomaru, during this time, was being very protective of his mate and would kill any male who would dare try to approach her.
 
During this time a male would act in accordance with their instincts and kill the unborn pup so they could mate with the female. He would only allow the females near her, and then only the females that he trusted.
 
When the males needed advice from Kagome they would stop a female and tell them what they wanted. The female servant would in turn relay the message to the Lady of the West. In this way the castle functioned and they got their questions answered without any of them getting killed in the process.
 
Kagome was finally moving around on her own as she started to get stronger. Once she had recovered her weight it was time for them to leave for the Eastern Lands and face Kumo.
 
Word was sent to Inuyasha for him not to come to the Western Lands until the following month. Sesshomaru told his brother that they were heading toward the Eastern Lands and then the Northern Lands to receive the lands that were promised to his mate before they would return home.
 
He had also told his brother the good news that Kagome was pupped. Word had reached Sesshomaru that the South have been celebrating Sesshomaru' good fortune and wished them the best of luck.
 
Sesshomaru and Kagome were outside the castle as they said their farewells to everyone. Kagome stood next to Sesshomaru as he wrapped his arm around her waist and held her close to his side. He formed his demonic cloud under his feet as they lifted off the ground and headed toward the Eastern Lands.
 
~oOo~
 
Kumo had received word that Sesshomaru and Kagome were coming to his kingdom in about a month. In the communication that he had received it said that she was coming to claim the lands that was her reward. He was ready for her arrival because he had the land already picked out for her.
 
It was the worst part of his territory. It stretched along the seashore where the saltiness of the water would not permit anything to grow. The few trees that were there looked like they were dying and the rest of the forest were almost non-existent. They had picked the land clean of any trees that were of any value to him.
 
These trees were very special for they only grew in certain places. The wood made them a very desirable to craft furniture with, if you had a master woodsman that could do it.
 
The wood was very difficult to work with and if you didn't have someone that knew how to work with this particular wood they could ruin its beauty. The wood itself had different shades of colors as the beauty of the wood came through. Only the nobles could afford such items and he wanted these trees so he had striped the forest of them.
 
He would finally get rid of this piece of land that was an eye sore and let the wench of the West have her land. His plan was perfect for she would not be able to reject the lands because she had let him make the decision on what part of his lands she could have.
 
He had also heard rumors that Sesshomaru had taken over the Southern Lands. This was not good. He now owned more land than the rest of them. He had no right to take the Southern Lands and it should have been divided up among the three remaining lords.
 
He had gone to Tususki to voice his complaints but he had told him that he was entitled to the lands since the Lady of the Southern Lands was now his mate. He explained since Kagome had defeated the Southern Lord and his daughter she was now the new Lady of the South.
 
He didn't like this news at all. Now Sesshomaru held more land than the rest of the lords and there was nothing he could do about it. He could not defeat her for she had beaten him once before in battle. She almost made it impossible for him to ever sire an offspring. He was still nursing the wound she gave him. He knew that she was strong on her own and now that she was mated to Sesshomaru that made her even stronger.
 
It wouldn't do him any good to go against them for he could lose his lands to them. So now he waited for Sesshomaru and his wench to come to the Eastern Lands so they could claim the lands that his mate was entitled to.
 
He had waited for three weeks when he received word that Sesshomaru was approaching the Eastern castle. It was time to play host to his guest as he made his way outside and await Sesshomaru's arrival.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was approaching the Eastern castle as he held Kagome even closer to his side. He leaned down as he said in her ear, “Kagome, please stay by my side while we are here in the Eastern castle. I don't trust Kumo and I don't want anything to happen to you or the pup. Would you at least grant me this request?”
 
Kagome heard the seriousness of his voice as she looked into his golden eyes. He wanted her to stay close because he believed that she was in danger of begin attacked and her losing the pup. He was actually asking her this time if she would allow him to protect her.
 
She was happy that he had asked as she said, “Yes mate, I will let you protect us. I have no desire to go into battle and risk losing our pup.”
 
Kagome snuggled into his side as he wrapped his tail around her form. She would allow him to protect her and she did not want to fight. This pleased him more than anything that she was protecting their pup as much as he.
 
They started their descent to the Eastern castle. Sesshomaru's senses were at an all time high. He was keeping his senses open for any threat against his mate. He didn't like coming here with her. He hated Kumo and everything he stood for. He was a weak Lord and he didn't know when to shut up.
 
They finally landed in the middle of the courtyard as the cloud around his feet disappeared. He held his mate close to his side as his tail was still wrapped around her protectively.
 
They saw Kumo approach as he bowed and said, “Welcome to the Eastern Lands Lord Sesshomaru and Lady Kagome. I hope that your trip was not a long one.”
 
Sesshomaru had his stoic mask in place as he hid his disgust for the demon standing in front of him as he replied, “The trip was uneventful. My mate and I have come here to get the lands that were promised to her during her challenge. We would like to take a look at the lands so she may place her barrier around it and then we will leave.”
 
Kumo had heard what Sesshomaru had said but he was noticing that something was different about the wench with Sesshomaru. Her scent was off from the last time he had seen her. It took a while for him to process what it was he was picking up, when he finally got it.
 
Kumo smiled at Sesshomaru as he said, “I want to congratulate you Lord Sesshomaru. It's about time you produced a pup for the Western Lands. I'm sure that you will be happy once the pup is born.”
 
Sesshomaru bowed his head to acknowledge Kumo comment. He also shifted his body closer to Kagome, if he had sensed that she was carrying his pup then that made Kumo a threat to his mate. His inner inu was starting to growl as it fought with its master to be released. It would protect their mate and pup at all cost. He eyed Kumo waiting to see if he would take them to see the lands that he had picked out for Kagome.
 
Kumo nervously shifted from foot to foot as he saw Sesshomaru's eyes tint blood red and then back to gold in color. He figured he better get this over with so they would leave his lands. He stopped his nervous fidgeting as he said, “If you will follow me I will take you to the land that I have chosen for your mate.”
 
They followed Kumo as he raised himself off the ground and headed east.
 
Sesshomaru and Kagome followed as they flew over the lands. While they were flying Kagome noticed the land that was below her. The forest was lush and green. The Eastern Lands were very beautiful indeed and she hoped that Kumo had somehow changed his ways and would give her some of this lush green forest.
 
They continued to travel still heading east as Kagome noticed the change in the land. The trees were becoming less. You can actually see the forest ground from the height in which they were traveling. She sensed that the animal life was scarce in this area.
 
She now knew what kind of demon Kumo was. He was a no good low life youkai who didn't care about anything and let the land get in this condition. She could tell that they were near the sea as they started their descent. They landed on the ground as Sesshomaru helped his mate down from the cloud and then it disappeared.
 
Kagome was heartbroken. `How could he give this land as a mating gift? It will take centuries for the land to recover from what they did to it, if it even recovered from it. It is clearly visible that the land was striped of all the trees and left bear for the elements of nature to destroy it.'
 
This is what had happened in her time as she started to think. She was searching her memory for anything that she had read to see if she could restore the land to its original beauty.
 
Sesshomaru looked at the land that Kumo had brought them to. He couldn't believe that he was seriously thinking about giving his mate this land as part of her mating gift for defeating him in battle. He turned and looked at Kumo who had a smug look of satisfaction on his face as Sesshomaru growled at him.
 
Clearly Kumo had no idea who he was dealing with.
 
Kumo saw the look of horror on the wenches face as they landed on the ground. They had arrived at the lands that he was going to give this wench as part of their agreement.
 
He heard the growl coming from Sesshomaru and he didn't back down from his decision of giving her these lands. There was nothing that Sesshomaru could do about it. She would either accept it or refuse. Either way he would win because the lands now were totally worthless.
 
Kumo turned to Sesshomaru, as he stood tall and said, “These are the lands requested by your mate. I give 1000 acres of these lands as a gift for beating me in the strength test as decreed by law. She has left the decision up to me and these are the lands that I have selected for her.”
 
Sesshomaru was burning with rage inside, `How dare this idiot give this land to my mate. They are totally worthless and it will take centuries for it to come back to life. Right now the lands cannot support any life on it what so ever. I will make him pay dearly for insulting my mate.'
 
Sesshomaru was flexing his claws as he got his poison flowing through his fingers. He was about to attack the arrogant fool when he felt the touch of his mate. He turned to his right as he looked down at her. She seemed calm as she was observing the lands.
 
Kagome had been oblivious to the conversation going on between her mate and Kumo, as she was deep in thought. She got an idea on how to restore the land as she heard her mate growl. She reached up and grabbed his arm as she slightly squeezed it. It worked to calm her mate as she said in a monotone voice, “Are these the lands that you will give me Lord Kumo?”
 
Kagome had kept her voice nice and smooth as she turned to look at Kumo. She was trying to calm her mate and she was having difficulties. He was mad and there was nothing she could do about it.
 
When Kumo nodded yes to her question she smiled. This was all she needed to hear. She was about to teach this arrogant bastard a lesson he will never forget.
 
Kagome turned her attention to her mate as she said, “Sesshomaru, may I borrow the Tenseiga?”
 
Sesshomaru raised an elegant eyebrow at his mate in question. He saw the smile on her face and a devilish glint in her eye. Whatever she was planning it would be Kumo who would not be laughing in the end. He agreed as he reached over and pulled the sword from its sheath and gave it to his mate.
 
Kagome took the sword and thanked her mate. He released Kagome from his grip as she walked away from him.
 
Kagome found a suitable place for what she wanted to do. She started her incantation as she put up a powerful barrier that would let no one in except her and her mate. They saw as the blue barrier came upon the lands as it disappeared from site.
 
She turned to the sword in her hand as she silently asked, “Tenseiga please help me return the land to the way it was originally. I know that you can bring back the dead so will you help me bring back the forest that has been killed?”
 
Kagome's eyes opened wide as she saw the sword pulse in her hand. It turned a brilliant blue, as it grew in sized in her hand. She smiled as she pulled Kenjikago from its sheath and asked, `Lady Midoriko, please help me restore these lands to the way it was. Once they have been restored I will see to it that no one ever steps foot on these lands. I will keep the land safe from anyone else coming in here and destroying it.'
 
Midoriko agreed to help her as her sword started to pulse in her hand. She stood tall as she brought both swords high in the air. She slashed the air in front of her with both swords and then thrust them both into the ground as the swords touched each other at the hilt.
 
Kagome added her power to the swords as their powers grew. A light blue aura was appearing around the swords as it seeped out into the land. Soon you could see the aura spreading over the land as it touched all 1000 acres that where hers.
 
Slowly, oh so slowly the plants started growing in the area. Then the trees were being restored to the lands. The grass grew greener with each passing moment as the aroma of the forest tickled Kagome's senses.
 
Soon the forest was filled with beech trees. The tree trunk of each tree was light brown, hard, and moderately of heavy timber as the forest looked gorgeous once again. Flowers and shrubs were growing again as these types of plants thrived in the salty air of the sea. Kagome continued to pour her powers into the swords until all of the land was restored to the way it was.
 
When Kagome could finally open her eyes they went wide with disbelief. She had actually returned the land to its original state. She was please with her work as her barrier would allow them to walk out but would not let you back into this forest.
 
But her effort in restoring the forest was not without a price. Kagome felt weak as she almost fell from her exhaustion. She had caught herself before she fell and tried to stay strong. She had used a large amount of her powers and had channeled it into both swords.
 
The Tenseiga, which could revive the dead, revived the land. Her sword feed the trees and purified the water on the land. When she was finally done the lands that Kumo had given her were in better condition than the rest of the Eastern Lands.
 
If Kumo didn't replace the trees that he took from the lands he will not have a kingdom left in the future. He couldn't continue stripping the forest and not plant any new trees that would take root and grow the forest back again.
 
~oOo~
 
Kumo had been watching the wench with interest. She had accepted the lands and now she had two swords in her hand. He wanted to know what she was going to do with both swords.
 
There were no youkai in the area or anything that would do her harm, unless she meant to kill him. This thought did not please him in the least bit. He would have to keep his guard up to see what this wench was going to do.
 
He saw her place a powerful barrier around the lands to protect them from anyone ever entering again. At first the barrier was a bright blue in color. Then a pink barrier was added to it. Then another layer of blue went underneath it. It was three layers thick and he knew that no one would be able to go through that barrier. It happened so fast that you could have sworn that it was just a regular barrier but he knew better.
 
He saw her shift as she stood still. She was looking at each sword in turn. She stood tall as she took her swords and slashed over the lands. She then buried them deep into the soil. The blue aura that started to surround the swords made Kumo very nervous. He had no idea what this wench was going to do, as he stayed silent and observed.
 
Kumo eyes started to get bigger when he saw what the wench was doing. She was restoring the lands to the way they were and he could not believe it. When she was finally done he saw her wavier but she stood her ground.
 
She removed the swords from the ground as she turned and walked over to Sesshomaru and gave him back his sword.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had looked on in amazement as he observed what his mate was doing. He was in shock that Tenseiga had actually worked for her and that she somehow gotten the sword to revive the lands.
 
What had been in front of them was a barren land not capable of sustaining any life, now however there was a lush green forest that was thriving. The forest now was capable of providing its inhabitance with food and shelter for many centuries to come. It looked better than the rest of the Eastern Lands.
 
He had turned his gaze to Kumo as he saw the look of shock in his features. He didn't think that his mate had this kind of power but then again neither did he. Her powers grew everyday they were mated and she kept surprising him every time he turned around.
 
He looked back at his mate, as he was about to rush to her side when she wavered a bit. He stopped his movement when she caught herself and stood tall. She didn't want to display that she was weakened by what she had done and he was not about to give her away.
 
Kagome walked back to Sesshomaru as she handed him his sword back and said her thanks. She turned to Kumo who was still surprised at what she had done to the lands. She smiled as she said, “Thank you Lord Kumo for your gift. I'm sure that future generations will enjoy this piece of land as it will remain untouched by time.”
 
Kumo turned to the wench that was standing near him as he started to growl. `How dare this wench make these lands better than my own, there are riches here that I will never be able to touch.'
 
He turned to her clearly angered by what she had done. “Wench! What did you do to the lands? How dare you use your powers to make it better than my own.”
 
At that moment Kagome's aura flared, as she got angry. `This fool will never learn until I take his balls.” Thought Kagome was she was about to pull her sword from its sheath. She never got the chance as she saw a blur of white step in front of her as her mate held the arrogant fool by his neck.
 
Sesshomaru anger was peeked as he had told this fool before never to insult his mate. “Kumo, have I not told you before not to insult this Sesshomaru's mate. If you don't know or understand the inu youkai way then I suggest that you spend time researching it. Because the next time your life will be forfeited.”
 
Sesshomaru then threw Kumo out of the barrier as he hit a tree full force. The tree cracked and then fell from the impact as Kumo hit the ground hard. His head was throbbing from the impact; his vision was blurred, as he tried to stand to protect himself.
 
Kumo struggled to his feet as he was rubbing his head. He saw the wench and her mate come out of the barrier as they both stood in front of him. When he looked behind them at the lands that were being protected by the barrier the only thing that you could see was a desolate place. It looked like it was not fit to hold any life but he knew of the riches that laid behind that barrier, a land richer than his, that he wanted to get it back very badly.
 
Sesshomaru growled at Kumo as he said, “Kumo remember my words for the next time you insult this Sesshomaru's mate will be your last. I will expect the deed to the land to be sent to me at the Western castle in a week's time. If I don't receive the title by that time you will not like the consequences.” With that Sesshomaru held his mate tight against his side as he formed his demonic cloud under his feet. He lifted them into the air as they left the Eastern Lands.
 
Kagome rested her head on Sesshomaru's shoulder as she deeply sighed. Sesshomaru noticed this as he said, “Kagome? Is something wrong?”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she started to think. She was remembering some things that her history books had said that happened during this time period. She felt herself being picked up and then set gently down on her mates lap.
 
Sesshomaru became concerned when his mate didn't answer his question. He felt her weakness from using her energy to restore the lands as he reached over and picked her up in his arms. He sat down on his cloud and cradled Kagome in his lap as he held her.
 
He nuzzled his mate trying to get her attention as he softly said, “Kagome?”
 
Kagome seemed to snap out of her daze as she heard Sesshomaru's question. She deeply sighed again as she started to explain what was wrong. “Sesshomaru, if Kumo doesn't change his ways he will destroy the Eastern Lands. He strips the forest of the trees that are a vital part for all living things. The trees that I restored on that land are very valuable. Its wood is very sought after for the look and feel of it.
 
In centuries to come there will be no more of those trees in this area. The land will be devastated and the people will move from the east to other areas. If he wants the wood so badly he should take and then plant more trees to take their places. He should only cut portions of the forest at a time and then allow the land to grow back the trees before he harvests the wood again.
 
But I'm afraid he is stubborn and will not listen to anyone except his own council. By the time he realizes what he has done the damage is irreversible. That's why there are no trees in my time and its something that is sought after in my era.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what his mate was saying and it was something that he would have to look into when they got back to the Western Lands. He didn't want his lands to be stripped of the trees that so many depended on to survive.
 
His inner inu started to purr as it relaxed his mate. She has had a busy morning and she needed to rest. He saw as his mate snuggled even closer to him as he wrapped his tail around her. He placed his hand on her stomach as he concentrated. He could feel the pup that she was carrying as it was growing strong. His pup will be powerful in its own right as he sensed the power that it will one day hold.
 
He continued to travel north as he made his way to Tususki. He knew that they would be received warmly there as he relaxed just a little.
 
The travel to the north was uneventful as he easily made it there before sunset. When he arrived Kagome was still asleep in his arms as he stood to meet his friend.
 
Tususki came out of the castle as he greeted Kagome and Sesshomaru. He was happy to see the young pup when he noticed that his mate was sleeping in his arms. He held his finger to his lips as he motioned for Sesshomaru to follow him.
 
Sesshomaru did as Tususki requested and followed him into the castle. He took them down several hallways before he stopped at a room and opened the doors so Sesshomaru could enter with his mate.
 
Sesshomaru was surprised when he walked in the room. The room was very large almost the size of his and it was decorated in the Western Lands color as he saw the red, blue, gold, and white hues going throughout the room.
 
He walked over to the bed as he put his mate down to rest. She moaned slightly at the lost of his heat but quickly settled down to rest when he put his pelt around her form.
 
Sesshomaru got up and walked out the door as he left Kagome to rest. Once he was outside, with the door closed to their room, he turned to Tususki.
 
Tususki waited until Sesshomaru had walked back out to greet him properly. He didn't want to wake his mate since she looked exhausted from their trip. He had shown them to their room while they were to stay in his castle. He saw his friend's son handle his mate with such tenderness that it made his heart leap with joy.
 
He noticed the new look that Sesshomaru was sporting and he thought that it was about time that he cared about someone. Kagome had been the very thing that he needed to make him into a proper lord.
 
Once he saw that Kagome was taken care of he lead Sesshomaru into his study where they could sit down and talk. It had been months since he had last seen him and he wanted to catch up on things.
 
Sesshomaru and Tususki spent a good portion of the night talking. He was enraged that Kumo acted so foolishly and he praised Sesshomaru for not killing the idiot on the spot. That was two strikes against Kumo and the third would be his last.
 
When Sesshomaru sensed that his mate was restless he excused himself from Tususki and said his goodnight. He needed to go and comfort his mate as he left.
 
Tususki stayed in his study for a little while longer before he went to bed. `I see that Kagome has changed Sesshomaru for the better. He is no longer impatient when he deals with others. He holds his temper even better than before. He expresses concern for the people of the land and he was proud to hear that he had put his brother in charge of the Southern Lands.
 
His friend would be very please with the way his pup has grown into his role as Lord of the Lands. I know that all of this is Kagome's doing. Without her Sesshomaru never would have changed because I have been trying for years to make him care about the people, human and demons alike, that lived on his lands.
 
I now know that my friend can rest in peace knowing that his lands are growing and that his eldest and youngest sons were both working together for the good of the people. Yes, I can say that his changes are good.'
 
Tususki stood as he left his study. He wanted to get some rest before he showed Sesshomaru and his mate the lands that he was going to give her. He had spent months getting the land ready for her and he hoped that she liked it.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome started to stir the next morning. She felt that she was laying down on something soft and warm. Her mate was currently curled around her back keeping her safe as his hand was currently resting against her stomach.
 
She smiled sweetly when she saw this because she knew that Sesshomaru was happy about the pup. She had not noticed any changes in her body yet but she would soon start to accommodate the new life that was growing within her.
 
She also braced herself. Sesshomaru was starting to show the signs that he was being protective again and that meant she couldn't go anywhere without him. She had not been able to be out of his sight not even for a minute since she was pupped.
 
She wondered why this was happening when he had relaxed his protectiveness before. She started searching her mind as she found something. She found it in a book that she had read. It said that the first few months that a demoness is pupped are the most dangerous time for her. Males will come to attack her because she is very fertile. If they know that she is carrying a pup they would attack it openly to make sure that they would kill it.
 
Once this was done then they would be free to mate with the female. This was the reason that Sesshomaru was being very protective of her. Other males will be able to tell that she was carrying his pup and will try to attack it.
 
But what the book failed to say was how fiercely protective a demoness could be when protecting her young and Kagome was no exception. She was determined to keep her pup and she was not about to be taken away from her mate.
 
Kagome moved wanting to get out of bed because she needed to take her medicine. If she didn't her mate would have a nice surprise on him in a few minutes. She felt the tightening of hands around her as she growled. She really needed to get up now as she started to feel sick. She broke lose from Sesshomaru's embrace as she leaped from the window looking for a place to relieve herself.
 
Sesshomaru woke up with a start. His mate was struggling in his arms as he held her close to his chest. Then he felt her bolt out of their bed and head out the window. He quickly followed to make sure that she was all right.
 
He found her quickly as she was doubled over near a bush. The last part of her dinner from last night was finally leaving her stomach.
 
He rushed to her side as he held her in his arms. He had forgotten that she got sick in the morning. They stayed outside until she felt better. Once she was done he picked Kagome up and took her back to their room. He laid her down on the bed when he heard a knock on the door. He covered his mate before he answered the door, not wishing to yell and waking her up.
 
When he opened the door he found Tususki standing there with a worried look in his eyes, as he asked, “Is Kagome all right? I saw her bolt out of the room a few minutes ago and you go after her.”
 
Sesshomaru scratched the back of his head as he looked over his shoulder at his mate. He turned back to his father best friend as he said, “She's fine, I just forgot that she gets sick in the morning and held on to her a little longer than I should have.”
 
“She's sick?” asked Tususki in confusion as to why Kagome would be sick. Then full understanding came into his eyes. It has been many years since he had experienced this as a smile came across his features and said, “Congratulations Sesshomaru! I will send a servant up with the tea that will help her recover quickly.”
 
Sesshomaru bowed his head in thanks as he saw Tususki leave. He had a spring to his step as Sesshomaru shook his head and then closed the door so he could dress.
 
The servant came a few minutes later and Sesshomaru took the tea from her not willing to let anyone into the room. He placed the tea near Kagome as he gently rubbed her cheek to see if she would wake up.
 
Kagome slowly started to stir as her eyes opened and then came into focus. She noticed that Sesshomaru was dressed and sitting by her side with a concerned look on his face. He reached over and poured some tea for her as he told her, “Here Kagome, drink this it will make the morning sickness go away.”
 
Kagome sat up in bed as she took the tea and then drank it. It tasted really good, better than that medicine she was taking to stop her morning sickness. Once she had finished with her tea she was actually feeling better.
 
The color came back to Kagome's face as she started to feel stronger. Soon she was up and out of bed, as she got dressed. They both walked out of the room as they went toward the dinning hall.
 
Tususki had been waiting for them to come down to eat. He knew that Kagome needed to eat now more than any other time. She was carrying Sesshomaru's pup and the pup will take a lot of her energy away if she didn't eat.
 
He had guessed that she was having a problem keeping food down that's why she was looking so thin. His mate had been the same way and he remembered what they had used to soothe her morning sickness.
 
His mate he thought fondly. She had died almost a century ago. She had died protecting his pups from an attack on his castle while he was away. They had lured him away from the castle so they could attack and kill his family. What they didn't expect was a determined demoness that would do anything to protect her pups. She had saved them that day but lost her life shortly after his return to the castle.
 
He still missed her very much and seeing Kagome and Sesshomaru together brought back those wonderful memories of the time he had with her.
 
He saw them walking into the dining hall. Sesshomaru had his arm around her waist as he kept her tucked into his side. His tail was securely wrapped around her waist as they came his way.
 
He gave them a brilliant smile as he said, “Good morning you two! Kagome I trust that the tea helped you this morning?”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “Yes, that tea really did the trick. It's better than the herbs that were given to me by the castle healers. That stuff has an awful taste to it.”
 
Tususki chuckled as he said, “I remembered that my mate, Alia, suffered the same thing when she was pupped. We had found that this particular tea worked quiet well in keeping her morning sickness away.”
 
“Oh, maybe she can give me some advice on raising inu youkai pups.” Said Kagome with a smile.
 
Sesshomaru shifted as he held Kagome tighter, he had never told her what happened to Tususki's mate.
 
A sad look came over Tususki eyes as he said, “Yes she could have given you excellent advice on how to raise inu youkai pups, but alas my mate passed almost a century ago.”
 
That little bit of news visibly shook Kagome. She never knew that his mate had died. She felt awful for even bringing her up as she said with a note of sadness in her voice, “I'm sorry Lord Tususki, I didn't know.”
 
Tususki waved a hand and said, “Don't worry about it Kagome. Talking about her lets me remember all the good times we shared together. Maybe sometime we can sit down and I can tell you about her.”
 
Kagome smiled at him as she said, “Yes I would like that very much.”
 
They all sat down at the table as they brought food out for Kagome to eat while Sesshomaru and Tususki had their tea. When they were done they all headed outside into the gardens.
 
Kagome found his gardens to be beautiful. She walked away from the men as she went to see the different kinds of flowers. She made a mental note of the ones she liked so she could have them put in the garden in the Southern Lands.
 
Kagome continued to walk through the gardens as the men followed her talking business like usual. Kagome came to the center of the garden and found a lone rose bush there. It looked like it was dying and wouldn't last too much longer.
 
From what Kagome could tell it was a rare rose bush that had a bluish black rose. She had heard of this particular rose. It was the rarest of all roses and it fragrance was said to be wonderful. There were very few of them left in existence and they were guarded fiercely. She saw what was left of the only bloom that the bush had given.
 
The scent was heavenly as she looked at it. The rose itself was black in color. Along the edge of the rose pedals there was a hint of blue on this rose. The smell was indescribable for she had never smelled anything like it. She didn't want the bush to die as she stepped toward the rose.
 
She kneeled in front of it as her hands started to glow a light blue in color. Once she touched the rose, the bush was engulfed in the blue light.
 
Sesshomaru had been discussing trade availability with Tususki when they stopped and saw what Kagome was doing. She was kneeling in front of the rose bush that Tususki's mate had planted centuries ago. It had gotten sick and now it was dying.
 
It broke Tususki's heart to see the rose bush like this. It was the only thing that his mate had planted in the garden herself. She had told him that this was her gift to him for the beautiful garden he had built for her enjoyment. It signified her love of flowers and the beauty of the rose and fragrance made the garden picture perfect. It had always been the centerpiece for the garden and now it was almost dead.
 
He watched in fascination as the bush started to come back to life. New shoots were starting to grow as the rose buds formed and then matured. It grew to twice the size before Kagome stopped what she was doing and placed her hands on her laps with her head bowed down.
 
Tususki was overwhelmed with gratitude. Kagome had restored the rose that his mate had planted and it was in full bloom again. It's fragrance filled the area as it gave you a sense of peace. It looked like nothing had ever happened to it.
 
They saw as Kagome lifted her head and smelled the beautiful rose that was right in front of her. `Perfect!' Thought Kagome as she closed her eyes in pure ecstasy.
 
Tususki and Sesshomaru walked closer to Kagome as they saw what she had done. Sesshomaru helped his mate to stand as Tususki turned to her and said, “Kagome, I am deeply in your debt. You have given me back the rose bush that my mate planted here long ago. It's the only one of its kind and I thought that I had lost it. Thank you Kagome, you don't know what this means to me.”
 
Kagome turned to look at Tususki as she said, “This rose is the centerpiece to the garden. I couldn't let it die. It is one of about ten known to be in existence. I have put a barrier around the rose to protect it. Someone has been coming here and cutting it to make more. But they cut a vital part of the bush and that's why it was dying.
 
You don't have to worry about the rose bush anymore for now it is protected. Just make sure that you to tell your people that if they come close to the bush not to touch it. It will purify anyone that tries to cut anything except the dead rose pedals.
 
It will allow you to take from the bush but no one else. In this way it will be protected for as long as it is in your gardens.”
 
Tususki stepped forward and cut a perfect bloom off the bush and gave it to Kagome. She seemed to love the smell so much that he gave her a gift of one in appreciation for what she did for him.
 
Kagome opened her eyes wide as she accepted the gift from Tususki and sniffed the wonderful fragrance that the rose had. `No one has ever given me a rose. I always thought that it would be Sesshomaru that would have done that.' She came out of her thoughts as she said, “Thank you Lord Tususki.”
 
Tususki waved a hand and said, “Just call me Tususki, we are all family here and you don't have to use my title.”
 
Kagome smiled as she agreed.
 
Kagome yawned, showing that she was tired as Sesshomaru noticed what she had done. He picked her up in his arms as he excused himself and his mate while she went to lie down for a while.
 
Kagome made to protest that she wasn't tired but one look from her mate quickly quieted her down. She knew that look and she was not going to win the argument.
 
As he walked back to their room he noticed that his mate had not taken her eyes off the rose that Tususki had given her. She seemed very fascinated with it as he asked, “Kagome why are you looking at that rose so intently? Is there something wrong with it?”
 
Kagome continued looking at the rose as she said, “No there is nothing wrong with it. It's the first time anyone has ever given me a rose. In my time it's very special when someone gives you roses. It's usually a sign of love from one person to another.
 
But in Tususki case it's a sign that I have been accepted and always have a home here if I need one. It's comforting to know that I'm accepted because he, of all people, knows that I was human before.”
 
Sesshomaru quirked an elegant eyebrow at her comment, he never knew that no one had ever given her roses. He could have kicked himself, he should have been the one to give his mate such things. He wanted to be the first in many things and he didn't know this. Now Tususki holds that honor and he would have to find a way to make it up to her.
 
They finally reached their room as Sesshomaru put Kagome down on the bed. He stayed with her until she finally fell asleep and rested.
 
He left her as he went back to the gardens and met with Tususki. He was still by the rose bush admiring its beauty.
 
Tususki sensed that Sesshomaru was standing behind him as he said, “You have a very special mate Sesshomaru. Her heart is pure and she goes out of her way to make sure that she brings happiness to everyone she meets.
 
I will tell you this Sesshomaru, I consider you like my own pup, if I find that you have ever hurt Kagome in anyway you will have to deal with me. She deserves to be happy and I'm counting on you to make sure that she is.
 
She is like this rose. She is one of a kind and very special.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his threat. He did consider him like his father. He finish raising him once his father had died. He helped him come into power when everyone thought he was too young to be Taiyoukai. He has given him guidance and wisdom throughout the years.
 
“Yes I understand and I will spend the rest of my life making her happy. But you hold a special place in her heart. She said that you were the first to ever give her a rose. In her village this custom is done only when mates love each other or when someone accepts them as family. So your rose holds special meaning for her.” Said Sesshomaru with a hint of jealousy in his voice.
 
Tususki raised an eyebrow as he turned and looked at Sesshomaru. `So he has never given her any gifts.' “Sesshomaru, it is customary for the male to give gifts to his mate. Even something as simple as a flower, but if given from the heart, means much more than you can ever imagine.
 
Remember pup its not what you give her but how you give it. It took me years to find this out and I'm giving you free advice. Take it from someone who knows.”
 
Sesshomaru took his words to heart. It was not the type of gift or how expensive it was but it was how it was given and received. This little trip has turned into one big lesson for him. He understood his mate a little more.
 
They stayed at the castle for another day, letting Kagome recover and rest. The next day they set out to see the lands that he would give Kagome as a mating gift. When they finally got to the lands that were promised to Kagome her eyes opened wide.
 
The lands were beautiful. There were trees everywhere. Flowers were growing in little neat pockets in the forest. You could hear the birds flying in the distance as it gave you a sense of calm in the area.
 
Tususki took them to one spot that he had prepared for them. There in the middle of the clearing sat a small but elegant house. Just to the right of it was a spring that had a waterfall. It looked serine with the many different flowers that were placed around it. It was full of color and the fragrance that the flowers gave off made it peaceful. To the left of the main house there was a smaller house that looked to house the hot springs.
 
The front of the house was covered with different flowers arranged from the smallest in the front to the tallest in the back. It reminded Kagome of an old English style cottage that she had always read about in her books. It had a roses garden on the side of the house that contained different colored roses. There was also an herb garden that was stocked with the most hard to find herbs in the land.
 
Kagome was shocked that this was here. It looked like Tususki had gone out of his way to give her a place where she could come and relax and never have to worry about anything.
 
When they walked into the house they saw that it was elegantly furnished. It was earth tone in color with splashes of red, gold, and blue. Kagome turned and found that it had a kitchen that she would be able to cook if she wanted to. She loved to cook and had missed it from time to time.
 
She turned to Tususki as the tears started to form in her eyes as she asked, “Why? Why did you do all of this? I only asked for the lands. I didn't mean for you to do all this for me.”
 
Tususki stepped forward as he said, “I know that you only asked for the land and I understood your request. But I give you a place that you can come to when it seems that things are getting hard for you to deal with. Or if you just need a place to get away from all the lordly duties of the land.
 
You may be a demon now Kagome but I watched you when you were human. You love the outdoors and you glow when you are with nature. This place will give you that feeling and when you come here I hope that it will give you happiness.”
 
The tears of joy were falling down her cheeks as she heard why he had done this for her. He was right, she did love nature and that's why she wanted to stay here in this era. She wanted to live long enough to teach the people about conservation and try to keep the land as natural as possible.
 
Sesshomaru and Tususki smelled the tears that Kagome was shedding and Sesshomaru quickly brought her into his chest as he held her. He was worried that something was wrong as he asked, “Kagome? Are you all right?”
 
Kagome got herself under control and turned to Tususki as she said, “Thank you, you have no idea what this means to me. I only asked for the lands and I get a retreat, a place that I can come to and get my thoughts together.”
 
Tususki was pleased that she liked his gift. He had it built with her in mind and her needs. He could see the look of worry in Sesshomaru's eyes as he gazed at his mate. He was not at all convinced that she was all right.
 
Once Kagome calmed her emotions Sesshomaru settled down that his mate was well. They walked back outside to the boundaries of the land and Kagome placed her barrier around the land. It was the same as the one she placed on the eastern lands. First came the light blue barrier, then the pink, and then another layer of light blue.
 
When the spell was finally cast she turned to Tususki and said, “No one will be allowed to enter these lands. The only ones who will have access to the lands beside my mate, and myself will be you. The barrier that is in place will purify anyone who tries to get in be it human or demon.
 
You have taken care of your lands and I want you to continue to do so. The future will be hard and for now if we take care of the lands then it will provide for everyone here. Kumo will learn the hard way if he continues to strip his lands of the needed trees that provide life and protection to those who live there.”
 
Tususki agreed with Kagome's statement. She was still very emotional as they left to go back to his castle. He said that they were welcomed to stay for as long as they wanted.
 
Sesshomaru and Kagome took him up on his offer and stayed another week before heading home.
 
Kagome enjoyed her time in the gardens as she got to know the different kinds of flowers that Tususki had there. She was fascinated with them for many have never been seen in her time. She wondered what had happened to these flowers and the only thing that she could come up with is that they were extinct.
 
The time came for Kagome and Sesshomaru to leave and head back home. Tususki walked up to Kagome as he gave her a hug goodbye with a loud protest from her mate for being so close to her.
 
Kagome sighed as she apologized for her mate's behavior and left his embrace to go to his side.
 
Sesshomaru immediately calmed as soon as she was tucked against him as Tususki turned to Kagome and said, “Kagome, he will be even more protective now than ever before. Until your pup is born he will protect you viciously. His inner inu will not let him lower his guard around you. It will not permit any harm come to you or your pup because you two mean everything to them.
 
I know it's hard to understand and just be patient with your mate. I know that you can take care of yourself but as the pup grows it will take more energy from you. You will become weaker and you will be in danger.
 
Please listen to his request before you act. In this way I know that I won't have to come down hard on him if he hurts you in any way.”
 
Kagome understood what he was saying as she agreed to be on her best behavior. She had a feeling that having this pup is going to throw her life in complete and utter chaos.
 
They said their final goodbyes as they left the Northern Lands and went home. The next seven months were going to be very interesting as her stomach grew to accommodate the new pup. Her mate would probably go into a fit of rage if anyone got near her.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. As you can see Kagome is pregnant with their first pup. This is going to be a new experience for Kagome until the pup is born. Kumo thought that he was being smart in giving Kagome the worthless part of his lands. As you saw it was Kumo that was put in his place when Kagome restored it back to its original beauty.
 
In the next chapter Kagome is worried about her other pups. She is especially worried about Rin. Since Rin is human she knows that she will die of old age while Kagome would continue to live with Sesshomaru.
 
Tususki sees this and tell Sesshomaru what might happen to his mate if she is to lose one of her pups. Join me in the next chapter to see what solution they come up with to save Rin from her mortal death.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!