InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 41 ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 41
 
The next few days the castle inhabitance found that the Lord of the Western Lands was very protective of his new son and mate. The lady of the castle was not seen for days after she gave birth to her son. It was a well-known fact that Inu Youkai would protect their young when born and until the bonding was complete they would not let others near the pup.
 
The only one's allowed to see them were Rin and Shippo. Since they were recognized as their own pups they were allowed to see their new brother. Shippo and Rin were happy to see their new brother. They couldn't wait until he was old enough to play with them. Even though they had studies they still found time to play with the rest of the children of the castle.
 
After about a week of being protected by Sesshomaru Kagome and her new pup left their bedchambers as they walked downstairs to greet the rest of the castle. Everyone was happy to see their lady up and about again. Sesshomaru was still by her side as they greeted friends and family.
 
Inuyasha and Nasume had not left the castle since the day the pup was born. Inuyasha wanted to leave but his mate would not leave until she knew that Kagome was all right.
 
The females of the castle were happy to see the pup for the first time. Nasume was the first to hold him as Kagome gave him to her. She growled to her son before she gave him to Nasume so he wouldn't fuss and he would know that he was still safe with his mother.
 
Sesshomaru watched everything to make sure his son was not hurt in anyway. When the pup finally fussed because he was hungry Kagome then excused herself to go and feed him.
 
Inuyasha saw his chance as he walked up to his brother and said, “Sesshomaru I must head back to the Southern Lands. Now that you're not being so protective of Kagome and the pup you can take control of your lands again. We will come and visit in a months time to see how everything is going.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his brother as he said, “Thank you brother. I appreciate you staying here until everything was fine with Kagome. She would have hated to see Nasume gone before she let her hold the pup. We will keep in touch with each other and if there is any problems just let me know and I will be there to help you.”
 
Inuyasha knew what his brother had meant as they said their goodbyes and headed back to the Southern Lands.
 
~oOo~
 
Things settled down in the castle once all the guest were gone. Kagome had her normal routine with her new pup now. The demonesses of the castle helped Kagome raise her son.
 
Mina had been very helpful when it came to the pup. If Kagome had any questions she would normally asked Mina and she would help her along the way.
 
When the pup was about 3 months old Tususki came to visit. He was introduced to the pup and he was happy to see such a wonderful happy boy. He noticed right away the markings on the pup and had asked Sesshomaru about them.
 
Sesshomaru told Tususki that he was born with them and he confirmed his suspicions that his pup was indeed very powerful. Only the most powerful youkai would be born with their markings.
 
Tususki couldn't have been happier for Sesshomaru. He had his heir and son and you could tell that he would be a wonderful father. He was very attentive to the pup's needs and that of his mates. He would take over the pups care when she needed a break so she could tend to other matters.
 
He didn't really trust his servants to tend to the pup the way he or his mate did. He wouldn't go anywhere without his family and he was always close to home. When he would check on the lands he would take Shippo with him because he was training him on the duties of being a Lord.
 
Even though Shippo could never take over the Western Lands he knew that his son would look up to his brother for advice. Shippo learned quickly and was loved by all in his kingdom. He became very powerful in his own right and he would protect his mother, sister, and new baby brother viciously.
 
He had proven himself to be a great protector when his mother was out in the woods with his sister showing her how to pick herbs. They had gone just outside the castle gates and were being watched closely by the guards. A panther youkai decided to attack as the soldiers that were surrounding them tried to protect them.
 
He had tried to get his mother back inside the gate when the panther got away from the soldiers and went to attack his mother. Shippo stepped in front of his mother as he let a powerful blast of his fox fire go that killed the youkai before it did any harm to his family.
 
By the time that Sesshomaru got there the danger was gone and he was told what his eldest son had done. Sesshomaru was very proud of his son for protecting his mother and gave him great praise.
 
Shippo was happy with the praise but only said that he would protect his mother no matter what and any siblings that he had. It was his duty as eldest son.
 
Time passed and Seishiro was now over a year old. Tususki came to visit and this time he had brought his youngest son with him on that visit. He was training him as well and would often accompany his father on such trips.
 
Tususki introduced his youngest son, Itsuru, to Sesshomaru and Kagome. Kagome fell in love with the boy for he was very kind and well mannered. He looked just like his father. His hair was silver. He had one stripe on each side of his cheek that was magenta in color. His eyes were the deepest of blue. He had a six-point star on his forehead signifying that he was heir to the Northern Lands. When she introduced him to her daughter and son Kagome noticed the look on Rin's face as she smiled warmly at Itsuru.
 
Rin, who was now eleven in human years but in demon years she was almost a hundred, was starting to get interested in boys.
 
It was hard for Kagome to understand the age difference between humans and demons. Sesshomaru had explained that demon children aged more slowly than human ones. He said that since Rin was ten humans' years old when they transformed her that her real age now was about 99. He told her that a human aged about 9 years for every one that a demon would age. There would be a time when their bodies looked like they were in their mid twenties and they would physically stop aging.
 
Although their bodies looked young they were much older than their human counter parts. They needed to be protected much longer than human children. That's why when the Great War broke out over the female demons it had almost made the race none existence. It took a long time for a demon child to reach maturity.
 
She already had a long talk with her daughter and she would be watching for the day that she bled so she could make sure she kept her safe. That was all she needed at the moment was for her daughter to reach puberty and have every male in the castle go after her.
 
Tususki son was a little older than Rin. He was 135 but his body looked like a 15 year old and very handsome. She did not agree with the whole arranged marriage thing but if Rin was interested in Tususki youngest son when she got older then they should be able to make that decision by themselves.
 
~oOo~
 
Two years after he had mated Nasume Inuyasha announced that his mate was pupped. Kagome was happy for Nasume. She had known for a long time that she had wanted a pup of her own. She had not gone into full heat until just recently and now she was pupped. They promised to be there when the pup was due to be born because they didn't want a repeat of what happened with Kagome and Sesshomaru.
 
Seven months later Sesshomaru and Kagome were at the Southern castle as they awaited the birth of Inuyasha's pup. Nasume was just as bad as Kagome when it came to the discomforts she felt towards the end of her pregnancy. The only good thing about it was that Kagome was able to deliver Nasume's pup when the time came.
 
Nasume didn't feel that much pain because of Kagome. She had done her best to perfect her medicine that would take away most of the pain. She had succeeded with this medicine for Nasume almost didn't feel any pain at all. She instructed Nasume on when to push when the time was right. When Nasume was done she had given birth to a beautiful baby girl that Inuyasha loved with all his heart.
 
She was perfect in his eyes as she looked like her mother. She had beautiful light blue hair and golden eyes like her father. She didn't have any of her markings when she was born and he knew when the time came he would make them appear when she was ready. They named her Ayano.
 
Just like his brother had done for him when his son was born so did Sesshomaru do for his brother. They stayed in the Southern Lands until the pup was bonded to her parents and then they left to go home.
 
~oOo~
 
The years passed and Kagome's son was getting big. He was now 54 years old, but his body was that of a 6 year old, and learning a lot from his parents. They had found out that he had some of Kagome's powers. Although he did not have holy powers they did find out that he knew about potions and spells. He would make up his own spells when he wanted something and Kagome had to put a stop to what he could do. She had sealed his powers until he was old enough to learn how to use them properly.
 
Sesshomaru for his part was training his son with a sword. He started him at an early age so he could get used to the feel of a sword. When he was old enough he would present him with his own sword made of his fangs.
 
He had given Shippo and Rin their own swords when they mastered it. They each had a fang of his that would alert him when the sword was pulled from its sheath. It would also protect them until he got to them.
 
With Rin's sword Totosai had added the power to repeal unwanted attention from males. He knew from experience that males could get forceful when it came to females. He wanted his daughter protected when she was not with him.
 
This had proved to be her safety net and the suitors demise when the sword would repeal the unwanted male. When they would finally woke up from the blast that the sword gave them, they would look up to see the Lord of the Western Lands standing in front of them. It would be any male's death for trying to take advantage of his daughter.
 
Kagome through the years had kept in touch with her sister Sango. They were living happily in Kaede's village. Kagome learned through them when Kaede finally passed away. She had gone and attended the funeral for the woman that was like a grandmother to her. She had taught her so many things throughout the years that she would miss her greatly.
 
Sango now had two boys and two girls to add to her family. Miroku had taken over the duties of Lady Kaede and was the village monk. He protected the village with his spells and holy powers. When they were fighting a losing battle they would send word back to Kagome who would always showed up and help them.
 
Rin was growing up and so was Shippo. Rin was now 144 years old, but with a body of a 16 year old, and very interested in Itsuru. He would come to visit her every chance he got. They were friends in the beginning but then as they both matured they began to fall in love.
 
Sesshomaru was not happy about his daughter being in love but he didn't have a choice in the matter. His daughter has already gone through her first heat and it was not a pretty sight in the castle. A few of the servants had met their death by their lord's hand when they wouldn't back down from trying to get to Rin. Her heat scent, which was just like her mothers, was very powerful. It attracted unwanted youkai to the castle and Sesshomaru would have to fight them off.
 
Kagome for the most part would try to suppress her daughters heat. She didn't want her to go through what she did when she got pupped with Seishiro. She knew the pain that the heat would cause as she tried to protect her daughter.
 
Tususki had come to the Western Lands at his youngest son's request. If he wanted a mating between Rin and Itsuru, he would have to speak to Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru didn't want to talk about his only daughter getting mated. He was still very protective of her. They were in his study discussing the issue when Kagome intervened on her daughter's behalf.
 
They were among family so she didn't have to wait to speak to him in private as she said, “Sesshomaru you can't protect Rin for the rest of her life. I know that she loves Itsuru very much and you can't keep them apart. I don't think it's your decision to make and it should be up to Rin and Itsuru to make that decision. If Itsuru loves Rin and he asks her to be his mate, and she accepts, then they should be allowed to mate. I know Rin is still young but she is old enough to know what she wants.”
 
Sesshomaru didn't like what he was hearing but he had to give in to his mate's logic. It was true he could not stop her from getting mated. They all turned their attention to Itsuru who was sitting there not saying a word as Sesshomaru said, “Itsuru if you ask my daughter to be your mate and she consents to it then you have my blessing, but if she refuses then you have no claim over her.”
 
Itsuru understood what he was being told as he went to find the love of his life. He found her in the gardens like always as she was walking among the flowers that were in full bloom. He picked a red rose as he took off the thorns. He didn't want it to hurt Rin as he made his way towards her.
 
Rin immediately noticed that Itsuru was coming as she turned to greet him. When he reached her he brought the flower from around his back as he said to her, “Rin you are my heart and soul. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about you. You hold in your hands my heart that can only be given to one person. This rose represents the love that I hold for you and I ask you now if you will be my mate for life?”
 
Rin's eyes started to tear as she heard Itsuru speak. He loved her and wanted her as his mate. She took the rose from his hand, as she smelled the beautiful fragrance that it gave off. Her heart leaped with joy as she said, “Oh Itsuru you have made me the happiest person in the world. Yes I would love to be your mate!”
 
She jumped as she landed in his arms and he kissed her passionately. It was true love at work as the adults watched from the window of Sesshomaru's study. He growled but it looked like Rin had accepted his offer to be his mate.
 
Sesshomaru turned to Tususki and said, “It appears that now we really are family. Rin has accepted your son as her mate and I give my blessing. But this is the threat that I make to you, if I find that he has hurt her in anyway I will kill him.”
 
Tususki chuckled as he said, “You don't have to worry about that my friend because if I find out he hurt her in anyway I will kill him myself.”
 
Kagome shook her head and left the study as she left her mate to talk about male things while she tended to the other things in the castle. Her daughter was to be Itsuru mate, she was happy on one side but sad on the other. She would miss Rin but she knew that her daughter would be happy and well protected.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome continued to see the country change as time passed by. She knew the different time lines of when everything would happen. She would make sure that she was not pupped or have any young children when she knew trouble was coming to the land.
 
Kagome wouldn't get pupped until her children didn't need her care anymore. That would usually last for about 100 years or so. Then she would feel the need to have a child in her arms again and would go into heat.
 
Sesshomaru was not all that receptive to having any more pups because of what happened with Seishiro. So they decided not to have any for a while longer. Kagome agreed to his request, as she would wait to have more children.
 
~oOo~
 
Things were quit in the Western and Southern Lands for a long time. They lived a quite life with no problems. Her son was almost grown now and he was still at home training with his father.
 
Kagome had asked Sesshomaru if they could have another pup. He had told her no that it would be too risky. She knew that the lands would be safe for another 150 years and she yearned to have another pup.
 
Kagome went into heat and it about drove Sesshomaru mad. He didn't want to pup her and had placed her in his secret room to protect her. When she broke free of his secret place, because he would not tend to her needs, she had rushed into the forest looking for a male that would help her.
 
Youkai came from miles around looking for the strong female with the alluring scent. She battled and killed many of them for being weak.
 
Sesshomaru finally realizing that his mate was gone and had gone after her. He found her in the forest battling about twenty demons when he stepped in and killed them all. He had to make her submit to his will before he was able to take her back to the secret room he had for her.
 
Her scent was over powering as it sent him over the edge with his inner inu. Their inner inu had called to each other as they both broke free of their hold and mated. By the time Sesshomaru noticed what was happening they were joined and he knew that she would be pupped again.
 
When Kagome's heat finally went away she was pupped. This time Sesshomaru discovered that her being pupped was not so bad. He knew what to expect and she was agreeable to everything he had requested of her.
 
He had forgotten how Kagome got when she was pupped and he enjoyed himself fully. Her passion was on over drive and he couldn't get enough of her. When the time came for her to give birth she was not in the same condition she was the last time. She was still weak but not as weak as she had been with Seishiro.
 
She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She too was born with two purple stripes on each side of her cheeks. She had a crescent moon on her forehead along with the blue teardrop of her mother. She didn't have the flames under the teardrop, which meant she was not a pure heart miko. She had blue/black hair with the tips of her mane being silver like her fathers. Her eyes were the bluest he had ever seen with a golden hue around the outside of the edge of her iris. She had milky white skin that was very soft to the touch.
 
Sesshomaru upon seeing his daughter let a growl escape his chest warning any male away from his little girl. He had already lost one daughter because she was mated now but his mate gave him another to love. They had decided to name her Tomiko.
 
Tomiko was Kagome's pride and joy. She was a miko like her mother and she trained her daughter well. She had a temper just like Kagome and she showed her how to control it.
 
Tomiko learned from an early age that she had her father wrapped around her little finger. All it took was the sad puppy dog eyes from her and he would give her anything she wanted. Kagome had to step in many times when she had denied her daughter things only to have her mate give it to her.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome sensed that the time was coming for the great war. She had lost Sango and Miroku a many years ago from old age. They had lived a long and happy life in Kaede's village and her children now protected it.
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru both swore to look after their decedents. They were all very close and they considered them family. All of Sango's children knew who Kagome was. Once their parents died Kagome requested that her name be kept a secret. She could not let it be known that she was the time traveling miko that helped Inuyasha gather the jewel shards many centuries ago. History in her time did not have a name for her. They only knew her as the Lady of the Lands and she wanted it to stay that way.
 
All of Sango's children complied with her wishes. Within time they had built a hut over the well to protect it from any harm. The village itself was starting to grow in size, as it would live up to the city it would be called in the future. Sango's daughters turned out to be powerful miko's. It was Kagome who had trained them and then had them protect the village they lived in.
 
Sesshomaru held the deed to the land for the shrine and all of Inuyasha's forest. They wanted to protect the land and make sure it would be there in the future.
 
Kagome knew that the holy wars were coming and with it the extinction of the youkai. They had already received word that Kumo had let foreigners come into his lands. Soon they will take over the east and make a push to the North, South, and West.
 
Kagome thought it best to gather the other two lords and tell them what was going to happen. She had a plan to protect them all but it will take massive coordination to do it. The first one she had to convince would be her mate. He was always after her to tell him about anything that could threaten the peace of the lands. Well this time he would get his wish.
 
Kagome had found her mate in his study like usual. He was forever buried in paperwork. She knocked on the door before she entered. She walked over to his desk and sat in the chair directly across from him as she sat there waiting for him to acknowledge her.
 
Sesshomaru looked up from his paperwork and noticed the concerned look in his mate's features. He knew something was wrong when she was here to talk to him. He stared at her for a few minutes as she gathered her thoughts.
 
When she was ready she started to tell her mate what was coming. “Sesshomaru I think it's about time that we call Tususki and Inuyasha to the Western Lands for a meeting. There is something big that is going to happen that will change our future forever. Now that Kumo has let the foreigner into his lands they will start to spread from there. Soon there will be a war and I want to prevent what is going to happen to the youkai.”
 
Sesshomaru listened intently to his mate. He knew it was going to be bad and it was. He was concerned as he asked, “How much time do we have before this war breaks out?”
 
Kagome took a deep breath as she said, “It will be about 50 years. I know it's still a while but it will take all that time to get everything ready.”
 
Sesshomaru understood as he said, “All right Kagome I will send messages to Tususki and Inuyasha and have them come here in a months time. Then you can explain what is going to happen.”
 
Kagome agreed as she left his study to go and tend to her duties. She had been working hard with the castle staff for over two years now to get things started. Sesshomaru never notices what she does so it was very easy to keep things from him or he would have asked her two years ago what was going on.
 
For the past two years Kagome had transformed the highest level of the castle into her working domain. Her knowledge was great for she knew many things that would happen in the future but she also had a mind of her own as she worked out complex medicine that would not be seen for at least two centuries. She used this medicine now to help the people of the land. She knew she couldn't help everyone but she would be ready when major epidemics would brake out over the land.
 
About a year ago a major flu epidemic broke out and had nearly destroyed three villages before she got a handle on the disease. She knew what medicine she needed but making it was the problem.
 
She had set up what looked like a lab in one of the rooms upstairs and that's where she would do her work. Her knowledge of herbs and potions helped her to create the medicine that she needed. When the time came and she heard what was going on she would gather her supplies and then head out to help the people.
 
Sesshomaru would often go with her for he feared that she would get hurt but she proved that she could handle herself very well against sick patients. Once the disease was gone they would head back toward the Western Lands until the next problem arose.
 
The healers of the land knew that if they could not cure someone of their disease that they could always go to her and she would know what to do. Many healers came to the castle and stayed because they wanted to learn from Kagome. She would welcome them and then show them her work area. They were all amazed at the different things that she had and would ask many questions.
Once they all understood they would all work together to come up with medicine that would cure the diseases that their people would have. Kagome had effectively set up the first research lab known to the country and no one ever knew about it except the people or youkai that worked with her.
 
She had worked all day in the castle getting things ready for the other lord's visit. She was tired as she headed up toward her room. Sleep would elude her until she talked to her mate. She knew that he had many questions for her and she would answer as many as she could. She walked into her room as she went to the window and sat down. It was a moonless night and the stars were the only things that were lighting the night sky.
 
She sighed as she thought, `How can I protect so many? How can I convince them to hide in the human world? I know that they would hate me because I was human before and it's the humans that will do this to them. But I don't see another way around this. The holy men that are coming are very powerful and even Sesshomaru will not be able to withstand the attack they will make.' She stayed there by the window as she continued to contemplate what was to come.
 
Sesshomaru was on his way to bed. He was tired and he wanted to talk to his mate. He knew that it was late and he hoped that she would still be awake. He had finally finished all of his work until the next batch came in that needed his attention.
 
He finally made it to his room as he looked for his mate. To his surprise she was not in bed. He sniffed the room and found her sitting on the window ledge looking out into the darkened land. There were no lights on in the room, which surprised him. She would always leave a candle for him when he would come to bed late at night.
 
He walked over to her as he nuzzled into her neck. She returned his affections with a purr of her own. He had her attention at least as he pulled away from her and asked, “Kagome I want you to tell me everything that is going to happen.”
 
Kagome sighed she knew that this question was coming. No matter how much time she had to prepare to answer this particular question it was still hard for her. She took a deep breath as she told him everything that will happen in the next 50 years. By the time she was done the shame of what those humans were going to do was weighing heavily on her shoulders.
 
Sesshomaru seeing his mate in distress pulled her into his embrace as he started to purr. It soothed her soul as she held on to him like a lifeline. She had never in her life felt so helpless.
 
“Don't worry Kagome I'm sure that everyone will agree with your plans. You know that we will never be able to save everyone but the one's we do save will give you their thanks in the end. It will be hard but we will survive this war.” Said Sesshomaru as he comforted her.
 
He picked her up in his arms as he moved her to their bed. He wanted to take her mind off what was going to happen as he stripped her of her clothes and they enjoyed each other for the rest of the night.
 
~oOo~
 
The month passed and finally Tususki and Inuyasha came to the Western castle. They met in Sesshomaru's study to hear what was so important that they had to have this meeting. The last time they had a meeting like this Kagome had informed them that Kumo had let foreigners into his lands and that they had to close their borders to them or risk losing their lands.
 
It had been a combined effort between Kagome, Rin, and Nasume to put up a powerful barrier all along their boarders. Each of them had stood on top of their respective castle. Kagome had given each of them a medallion that would allow her to speak to each of them. When the time was right they each cast their spells over their lands.
 
Kagome, being the most powerful of the three, reached out with her aura to the other two lands and fortified the barriers surrounding them. Nasume although she was not a miko had great powers and could cast spells. With Kagome's teachings she was able to bring out her true powers to protect.
 
When Kumo had learned what they had done he became enraged and demanded to know why they had put barriers around their lands. All three lords responded that he had let foreigners into his lands that were dangerous. They had warned him that if he let them into his lands that they would close off their boarders and would not permit anyone from the east to enter their lands.
 
Kumo had huffed and did as he pleased. He didn't care about what they had said. They brought with them money to buy his goods and they paid handsomely for them. He had agreed to let them into his lands as long as they brought his goods.
 
With all the problems that Kumo was having he was still-hunting for the perfect mate. He had only 25 years to go before he would have to give up his lands if he didn't find a suitable mate. He knew that Sesshomaru and Tususki would test her, but he had gotten word that Kagome would be able to test her as well because she was the Lady of the South.
 
He knew that Sesshomaru brother was Lord to that region but because the Southern Lands were part of the West he was a Lord under Sesshomaru's rule. That still entitled Sesshomaru's wench to test his future mate. He knew he had to find a strong one or he would risk having her killed in the test of strength. He knew that Sesshomaru would not show any compassion for the mate he picked because he had openly insulted his mate in the past. So he still searched the lands for a perfect mate.
 
~oOo~
 
So now Inuyasha, Nasume, and Tususki sat in Sesshomaru's study waiting for them to come in and tell them what was going on. A few minutes later Kagome and Sesshomaru came into the office as the meeting got started.
 
Sesshomaru stood in front of all of them and said, “I want to thank you all for coming. Kagome has some very disturbing news that we all must listen to.” With that he sat down and let his mate address all in his study.
 
Kagome took a deep breath to calm her nerves. What she had to say was very disturbing and it hurt deeply. She lowered her head as she started to them what was going to happen. “First of all I want to say that I'm truly sorry for what is going to happen. But it is time that you all knew the truth about how I know about all of these things.”
 
She sighed as she continued. “In order for all of you to understand why I know about what is about to occur I must tell Tususki and Nasume that I am from the future. I came here to the Sengoku Jidai when I was 15. I was pulled into an old well where I lived with my family in modern Japan by a centipede demon. She wanted the Shikon No Tama that was within my body.
 
To make a long story short I broke the Shikon No Tama when a demon took it from me and Inuyasha helped me gather the shards back. Once the Tama was put back together and I got rid of it my way home was closed.
 
The history books back in my era told of the great holy wars that came and destroyed the youkai of the lands. It also said that it started in the east and then spread everywhere. I have so far reframed from interfering in what will happen in the future. I let history run its course until now. I can't let the youkai race get extinct. I have decided to intervene and now we have to prepare for what is going to happen.”
 
Everyone was silent as they listened to Kagome. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru knew why she had told Tususki and Nasume, they had a right to know.
 
Tususki was completely shocked at what Kagome had said. He never knew that she was from the future. He had thought that her mannerisms were strange and that she was well educated but he never suspected anything like this. If what she was saying is true then they were all due to die soon, this did not sit well with him as he said, “All right Kagome what do you have planned to prevent us from becoming as you say extinct.”
 
Kagome chuckled understanding his meaning as she said, “Extinct means that a race does not exist anymore. But my plans are simple. I want to hide the youkai in the human world. They can all wear a concealment spell. It will hide their demon features and they can live freely among the humans.
 
I know that I will not be able to save everyone for there will be some that would rather fight than live among the humans. There will also be a time when we will have to leave our homeland because of what is coming but that is 200 years in the future. I will let everyone know when the time comes. Then after everything settles down we can return home.”
 
Kagome looked up as she saw everyone's faces. They were deep in thought as she stood and pulled Sanshunojingi from its sheath. She held it in her hands as she looked at the blade. She remembered what her mother had said to her that one day when she fled Sesshomaru for lying to her.
 
You could see the tears appearing in her eyes as she continued. “My mother told me an interesting story when I was home. She told me that the Lady of the Lands died in the holy wars protecting her people. She said that her love for her mate is what drove her to protect the lands and the mate she loved so much. My mother asked to see my sword because the sword she read about had two inu youkai engraved on the blade.
 
When she saw my sword she breathed a sigh of relief knowing that the legends she read about was not about me. When Sesshomaru gave me this sword it had only one inu youkai engraved on the blade.” She turned the blade so all could see it. There in the middle of the blade they saw the two-inu youkai that her mother had told her about.
 
She took a deep shuttering breath as she continued. “I was not mated at the time my mother saw my sword. At least I gave her a little comfort in knowing that the person she read about was not me. But after I mated Sesshomaru the other Inu Youkai appeared on my blade and I knew that what she had told me had been the truth. In the holy wars the youkai will disappear from this world never to be seen again.”
 
Tears of sorrow were coming down her cheeks as she tried to hold herself together as she continued. “She said that no one knew what happened to the Lady of the Lands or to the Lords. They all disappeared after this war. I want to protect as many youkai as I can but I'll understand if you refuse my plans and want to fight for I will fight with you to the very end.”
 
Sesshomaru seeing that his mate was upset got up from his chair as he went to comfort her. Everyone was quiet for a while as they let the information all sink in.
 
Tususki was the first to come out of his thoughts as he said, “Kagome I know you mean well and we will lose many. I for one will try to convince my people to accept a concealment spell but how are we to do this? Not everyone can cast a concealment spell on themselves.”
 
Kagome got herself together as she said, “I have been working on that for two years now.” She reached into her pocket and pulled a ring out and gave it to Tususki. He looked at it with curiosity as he looked at Kagome for an explanation.
 
Kagome smiled at Tususki and said, “Put it on.”
 
Tususki did as he was told and didn't feel anything but to everyone else in the room they saw him change into a human. His hair went to a dark brown in color and his eyes changed to a light blue. He noticed his missing fangs when he ran his tongue over his teeth. He looked at his hands and he had human fingernails instead of claws. He noticed that his tail was gone as he quickly stood up in a panic.
 
Kagome saw the expression on his face as she asked, “Well what does it feel like to be human?”
 
Tususki was shocked that he had turned human. He still had all of his demonic powers. But for anyone who was looking at him they could not tell he was a demon. His aura was changed and it showed him to be a human. He smiled as he said, “This is amazing did you cast this spell?”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “Yes I cast this spell. I can give you all rings for the men or bracelet for the women that will conceal their demonic nature. I will add another feature to the concealment spell that will allow the wearer to see other demons in their true form but will hide them from the humans, holy men, or miko's. They will not notice that you are a demon and this will protect you all.
 
We can live in peace and still have our own lands where we can be in our true forms. We can cast concealment spells on buildings, hospitals, and we can also put a spell of normalcy so if anyone comes to our homes they will not be able to tell that we are youkai. We can hide everything from the humans view and still function in their society.”
 
Everyone like this idea as they all agreed with Kagome's plan. They chose to live among the humans and hide who they truly were.
 
This pleased Kagome as she said, “It will take a while to make the rings and bracelets and then for me to cast my spell over them. We can start the process in the mean time by convincing our people that this is the best thing we can do. But we can't let the humans know what we are doing. Only those select few that we can trust will know what we are doing but the rest of the population cannot know. We have to let them think that we have all been destroyed.”
 
They all agreed to her plan as the woman left the study to let the men talked about business like always. Nasume chose to follow Kagome to see what she was going to do. It was always more interesting to be with her than with her mate.
 
Kagome was going down toward the kitchens where she had been perfecting her recipe for Ramein. She knew that Inuyasha missed his favorite noodles from her era. The hardest thing that she had to perfect was the taste of it. She had worked hard on it until she finally got it right. She was on her way to the kitchen because she had some cooking down there now and wanted to see if it was done.
 
She noticed that Nasume was following her as she said, “Nasume, is there something that I can help you with?”
 
Nasume smiled, as she said, “No, I just wanted to go with you, it's boring if I stay with my mate. All they ever talk about is business so I decided to come with you if you don't mind.”
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “Yes I know. All our mates ever talk about is business. They will be great businessmen in a few hundred years. But I'm on my way to the kitchen. I have something that I have been working on for a while and I think that I just got the recipe right. If it is then Inuyasha is in for a treat.”
 
Nasume was excited as she said, “What are you cooking Kagome that would make Inuyasha happy? You never cook unless it's for your weekly dinner.”
 
“Has Inuyasha ever told you about Ramein or ninja food?” asked Kagome as she continued to go toward the kitchen.
 
Nasume thought about her question as she said, “Inuyasha has told me about the ninja food that you would always make for him when you traveled around the country searching for jewel shards. He said that you don't make it any more and he misses it.”
 
Kagome giggled as she said, “Well that ninja food came from my era. The cooking he said I did for him consisted of me boiling water and putting it into a cup for him until the noodles cooked. I would always bring it back with me whenever I went home. But since the well has been closed he has not had any to eat. The sauce is what's difficult to make. But I think I have perfected the taste of it so it matches what he used to eat.”
 
They both finally made it to the kitchen as Kagome went to the pot that was cooking slowly over a fire. The kitchen staff had been watching it for her so it wouldn't burn. When she uncovered the pot it smelled just like Ramein.
 
Kagome's smile grew big on her face as she turned to her friend and said, “Perfect!”
 
She showed Nasume how to make the noodles and once that was done she mixed the sauce with it. It smelled just like the Ramein she used to make for Inuyasha as she started to giggle.
 
She had an evil glare in her eyes as she turned to her friend and said, “Do you want to see how your mates reacts to Ramein? It's very funny to watch but I have to warn you, you must stand away from the pot before he arrives. He just about attacks anyone who is near the stuff.”
 
Nasume agreed she wanted to see what her mate would do when he smelled his favorite food. It tasted really good and she could not blame her mate for going crazy over this stuff.
 
She followed Kagome who was carrying a covered pot of the noodles into the dining hall. Once she put it on the table she lifted the lid off the pot as she and Nasume stepped away from the food and waited. They didn't have to wait very long for they heard the sound of rushing feet coming their way and picked up Inuyasha's scent.
 
~oOo~
 
The scent of the Ramein was starting to go all over the castle. Everyone could smell that the Lady of the castle was cooking again. Her food always smelled wonderful and they all thought that their lord was lucky to have a female that could cook like her.
 
It drifted toward the study were the men were talking business. They were in the middle of trading different goods for their lands when Inuyasha nose started to twitch. He took a deep sniff of the air as he recognized the scent. He had not smelled that scent in a long time as he jumped up from his seat and yelled, “RAMEIN!!!!”
 
Inuyasha dashed out the door in a blur as Sesshomaru and Tususki looked at each other in confusion. They decided to follow him to see what was going on as they raced out of the study in pursuit of Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha was following his nose to the Ramein as he threw open the dinning room doors and rushed to the pot on the table. Before Sesshomaru and Tususki could even make it to the dinning room the pot was empty and there stood Kagome and Nasume consumed in a fit of laughter as they watched Inuyasha. He had his head in the pot as he got the last bit of his favorite meal before he sat down with a goofy look on his face.
 
Sesshomaru was confused as he turned to his mate and asked, “What is going on? And what is this Ramein that Inuyasha was screaming about?”
 
Kagome got herself under control as she told her mate, “Ramein is a meal that I used to make many years ago. I would bring it from my era and then make it here. Since the well closed I have not made it because it was something that only existed in my era. I have since then perfect the recipe and have almost duplicated it. But from watching Inuyasha eat our dinner I think it was a complete success.”
 
Sesshomaru turned to his brother and narrowed his eyes to him as he said, “Inuyasha you baka, you ate all of our dinner that Kagome made?”
 
Inuyasha opened a lazy eye as he smiled at his brother. He was happy, he had gotten to eat his favorite food that he had not had for a long time.
 
Kagome seeing that her mate was about to kill his brother for eating their meal quickly said, “Don't worry mate I still have our dinner in the kitchen if you are ready to eat?”
 
Sesshomaru smiled at his mate as they all sat down to dinner. Inuyasha upon hearing that there was more Ramein went to take it out of Kagome's hand as his brother stepped in and forcibly sat him down. He growled as he said, “You already had yours so this is ours.”
 
Inuyasha whined at what he was told. He saw as Kagome gave everyone there food and he lowered his head. He wanted more but his brother wouldn't let him have any.
 
Kagome seeing that Inuyasha was depressed made a bowl for him and said, “Now eat this a little slower this time. Because you never know when I will make it again.”
 
This time Inuyasha minded his manners as he ate with the rest of them and savored each bite of his food. He would have to get Kagome to give Nasume the recipe for this. He couldn't go without his favorite noodles knowing that Kagome could make it. He would do just about anything to have his beloved favorite dish.
 
Sesshomaru had to admit that this Ramein really tasted good. Ever since he had started to eat Kagome's cooking he had tried more new things than he ever thought possible. Everyone had seconds on the meal except Inuyasha. He went to get more and the only thing he got was a growl from his brother that said, “Touch my noodles and die.”
 
Inuyasha huffed as he sat quietly through the rest of dinner. He really couldn't complain. He had a full pot of his favorite noodles and a bowl what more could he ask for.
 
The next day they all set out to go home as Nasume had the recipe and the herbs needed to make Inuyasha his beloved noodles. Nasume was a very good cook and she should have no problems making it for him.
 
They left the Western Lands as they started to convince the youkai race to live in peace among the humans. This would not be easy but it was something that they had to do or die trying.
 
~oOo~
 
The years passed and Sesshomaru received an invitation for a trade meeting to be hosted in the Eastern Lands. There would be many people there as they were inviting the Lords of the North, South, and West.
 
Sesshomaru read the invitation as he called for Kagome to come to his study. When she got there he said, “Mate, look at this invitation and tell me what you think of it.”
 
Kagome read the invitation. She was deep in thought as she searched her memory for anything about this. She didn't find much as she said, “Well it seems that they are trying to get us to come to the east so they can see how powerful we are. In this meeting there will be representatives from different countries. It would benefit all of us to attend the meeting. We could get really good trade agreements from some of these countries. I know many languages and would be able to translate what they are saying to make sure that we are not taken advantage of.”
 
Sesshomaru took all of this in as he came to a conclusion. “We will attend this trade meeting to see what it is they are offering. I will send word to Tususki and Inuyasha to accept the offer. But you said that there will be others there and you could speak their language? How can you speak their language?”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “The books I read in the future, before the well closed. The library in my era had books on different languages that humans would use to learn another language. So I am able to speak these languages.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what she was saying as he said, “When we attend this meeting we will have to be on guard. I'm not about to give them a chance to attack us. I know that Kumo will be there so there will be tension in the air. No doubt that these foreigners were buying our goods from Kumo and now that our boarders are closed they can't get them anymore. We might be able to expand our trade with them for some of their products. This will set us up for the future.”
 
Kagome agreed with her mate that this is a step in the right direction. It would open up trade with other countries and with her knowledge of what products will sell big in the future they would be able to build their business empire to care for all the youkai that will be with them.
 
Sesshomaru sent word to Tususki and Inuyasha to accept the offer and that they would meet in one months time in the Eastern Lands. He told them to bring guards to make sure that they kept the peace while they were there.
 
~oOo~
 
The time had come to travel to the trade meeting. Sesshomaru left the Western Lands with Kagome, Tomiko, Shippo, and Seishiro. They also had with them a company of their best soldiers to protect his family while they traveled. It was a show of force meant to intimate the enemy. If they thought they could just walk in and take the Western Lands away from him they had another thing coming.
 
They arrived at the Eastern castle in five days time. Tususki and Inuyasha also got there about the same time. Tususki had Itsuru with him along with Rin. When Rin saw her mother there was nothing in the world that could keep her at her mate's side as she rushed into the awaiting arms of the woman that she had come to know as her mother.
 
Inuyasha had arrived with Nasume and their daughter Ayano. It turned into a big family reunion for all of them as they greeted each other with hugs and kisses.
 
Once Rin's tearful reunion with her mother was done she hugged her father as she felt him return her affection. She was still their pup even though she was mated to her love.
 
When all the hugs and greetings were out of the way they all made their way into the Eastern castle. The men leading the way as the females followed closely behind Kagome.
 
They all knew that if trouble were to start being with Kagome would be the safest place for all of them for she would protect them all.
 
They came to the grand audience chambers of the Eastern Lands as they were all introduced. There were representatives from every major country that Kagome could think of. This trade meeting was going to be very interesting indeed.
 
The females from the North, South, and West all stayed together. No one would get through Kagome's protectiveness of her family. The Inu Youkai were always very protective of their pack females and more so were the mothers of those females.
 
There were plenty of single males there that were eyeing Tomiko and Ayano. They were the only unmated females of their clans so Kagome kept them close to her side. Seishiro was close to his mother as he protected the females of his pack.
 
Seishiro was just like his father. If you were to look at father and son you could swear that they were identical twins. Except that Seishiro was slightly shorter than his father. He wore a stoic mask just like his father but his eyes gave him away. They were soft and gentle showing his true nature.
 
Kagome had worked hard to make sure her son did not close himself off to everyone like her mate did. Her son was very affectionate towards her and his sister. The mask would come off when he was around friends and family. But when in situations like this he had his mask that protected him from any threat.
 
Kumo was standing off to the side as he was watching his guest. He was looking at all the females that had arrived for this meeting. Many of the families brought their mates and pups to this meeting for they never traveled without them.
 
He saw in the distance the most perfect female. Her powers were great and she was gorgeous. She had blue/black hair with the tips of her main white. Her purple stripes and her bluish crescent moon indicated that she was heir to the west. If he could get his hands on her then he could mate her and some of the west riches would come his way.
 
He had almost striped his lands clean of all the trees that were of value. He didn't have much in the way of wealth and with the other lords closing off trade with him he could not sell to the foreigners.
 
They wanted to get more goods from him but when he had informed them that these other areas refused to trade with him for the goods they wanted they had formed this trade meeting to see if they could directly buy their goods from them.
 
It would be cheaper if they did for Kumo would sell these items at a huge mark up. He was making a lot of money off the foreigners and he didn't relish the idea of these foreigners buying directly from the other lords. It would mean that he would lose his business to them but he didn't have a choice in the matter.
 
It was either organize this meeting or they would leave for other parts of the world to buy their goods. So here he was playing host to his enemy while he was lusting over the demoness with the blue/black hair with white tips.
 
He saw as a male youkai that looked like Sesshomaru was protecting the females, which meant he could not get near her. He would have to wait until he had his chance and then he would make his move.
 
The meetings got started as Sesshomaru and the others sat at the table with their females sitting behind them. When the foreigners would speak Kagome would translate what they were saying. Their own translators would say something totally different trying to deceive the Taiyoukai of the lands.
 
With the honest traders, that could speak the language that Sesshomaru and the other's spoke, they made deals that would benefit their lands with Kagome's suggestions. She knew that if they brought from these particular countries that they would be set for the future.
 
When the other traders did not make any deals with the Taiyoukai's they were concerned as they said, “Is there a reason that you will not trade with us? Have our offer for your goods not been acceptable?”
 
Sesshomaru motioned for his mate to come forward. Kagome stood as she walked to her mate and stood at his side. He nodded to her as she began to speak in their language. “We the Taiyoukai of the North, South, and West will not trade with dishonest businessmen. You say one thing but your interpreter would say something else. He would offer us lower payments for our goods.”
 
At this remark the traders all looked at the interpreter that they had. It was one of Kumo's youkai that was the interpreter for them. They were getting angry at the deceit that this youkai, who they have been trading with all these years, was saying the wrong things to the ones they wanted to buy their goods from.
 
The foreigners stood as they looked at Kagome and said, “Please, we have no idea what you are saying but we are willing to pay top price for your goods. This person is not from our lands and Lord Kumo provided him. We wish to trade with all of you if you would please relay our wishes to the Lords.”
 
Kagome quickly translated what they were saying. She had explained that the person that was doing the talking for the foreigners was one of Kumo's youkai.
 
Sesshomaru understood what his mate was saying, `So Kumo was trying to take some of the profits for these trades. He must be in trouble if he is trying to cheat the foreigners out of their money.'
 
Sesshomaru turned as he had a quick conversation with Inuyasha and Tususki. He wanted their opinion on what they should do.
 
Kagome was listening to her mate as she scanned the area. She was getting an uneasy feeling as her senses went on high alert. She saw Kumo out of the corner of her eye as he was looking at her with hatred. She knew what he was doing and had relayed the information back to her mate and friends. He was caught red handed and now he has lost his leverage with the foreigners. This was the end of Kumo's rein in the Eastern Lands. These foreigners were not going to sit by while he did this. There will be hell to pay once this meeting was over.
 
Sesshomaru and the other finally came to an agreement as he told his mate what to say. Kagome listened to her mate as she said to the foreigners, “Very well the ruling lords of the North, South, and West have decided that they would take you up on your offer of trade but the price will be 40 percent more than the offered price. These are our terms if you want to trade with us.”
 
The foreigners looked at each other as they agreed to the price that Kagome had set for their goods. Kagome turned to her mate and said in a low voice that only they could hear. “They have agreed to pay your asking price plus 40 percent.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at his mate as he quirked an elegant eyebrow as he asked, “Why are they willing to pay us 40 percent more for our goods?”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “I told them if they wanted to trade with us it would cost them 40 percent more. This is the price they pay for having someone that would not speak the truth to the governing lords of the land.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled at his lovely mate. She was vicious when it came to someone wronging her family and she would always make them pay. They agreed to the trade as the papers were drawn up and sighed by all. In order to make the Southern Lands contracts legal and binding Kagome and Sesshomaru both had to sign them along with Inuyasha.
 
Once everything was signed they all left the audience chambers as they started to leave the castle of the east. It was time to head back toward their homes.
 
Kagome was feeling uneasy as she continued to look around something was not right and she was keeping her daughter close to her side. She was so concerned that she said in a low voice to her, “Tomiko stay close to my side and do not leave. I sense danger nearby and I want you near me.”
 
Tomiko understood her mother as she stayed close to her. The feeling was relayed to Nasume, Rin, and Ayano as they all stayed close to Kagome. Kagome and Nasume were scanning the area for threats. They knew it would be a matter of time before they were attacked.
 
Sesshomaru immediately noticed that his daughters and the other females of their group were staying close to Kagome. There was something wrong as he made his way toward the females.
 
He saw Nasume and Kagome looking around the area as he approached, once he got to his mate he asked, “Kagome, is something wrong? Do you sense danger?”
 
Kagome looked at her mate as she said, “I have an uneasy feeling. I feel danger is near and they are after the pups. I would like to leave this place as soon as possible.”
 
Sesshomaru understood as he went to the others and told them what Kagome was feeling. They thought it best to get the females out of the Eastern Lands and head home as soon as possible.
 
The Taiyoukai's all said their farewells as they took their females and started to make their way out of the castle. They would rather stay in the forest or what was left of the forest than stay in the eastern castle.
 
Their soldiers quickly surrounded their lords as Rin left the safety of her mother to go with her mate. Tususki had a sizable army with him and they would protect her daughter. They all left the Eastern castle and traveled together until Tususki had to leave to head north. They promised to stay in touch as they separated from Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's group.
 
Sesshomaru was concerned for Rin as he turned to his mate and asked, “Kagome, will Rin be safe with Tususki?”
 
Kagome eyes soften as she said, “Yes, the threat is not against Tususki or Rin. They want Tomiko and they will try to take her from us.”
 
Sesshomaru was shocked that someone would be after his daughter as his anger grew. He growled as he asked, “Who is after our daughter?”
 
Kagome shook her head as she said, “I don't know but we must be careful going home. They will strike when we least expect them.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his mate as he walked up to the front and talked to his commander. He gave him his orders as he saw some of his soldiers leave the group to travel on their own.
 
Sesshomaru informed his brother of what was going on as Inuyasha turned to his commander and did the same thing. A small portion of his soldiers left the group to travel on their own.
 
They traveled with senses high as they made their way back to their lands. They traveled for several days when Inuyasha had to split his group from his brother as they headed south. Sesshomaru continued to his lands as he was nearing their boarders. Once on his lands then they would be safe from any threats.
 
They had stopped for the night before reaching the Western Lands. The females were tired even though they traveled on Ah and Un for a good portion of the day. The two-headed dragon had always traveled with Kagome and he always protected her. Now he protected her pups as well. They had grown to love the pups and would protect them viciously.
 
Kagome was about to lay down for the night with her daughter when the hair in back of her neck started to rise. She pulled Sanshunojingi from its sheath as she started to growl. That was the only warning she gave before they were attacked.
 
Kumo had been following them for days. They had ruined all of his plans to get a good profit from that trade meeting. That wench had ruined it all for him and the foreigners were not at all happy with him at the moment.
 
He had brought his army with him as he found the perfect opportunity to attack and grab his future mate from Sesshomaru. His daughter would make the perfect mate for him for then he would have part of the Western Lands as his wealth. It would give him riches that he never thought possible as he gave the order to attack.
 
Kagome saw the attack coming as she stood by her daughter protecting her. Tomiko was on her feet as she had her sword pulled and in a fighting stance along with her mother. She was not weak she was very powerful when it came to defending herself against any youkai. Her mother and father had both trained her and she was an excellent fighter.
 
Shippo upon hearing his mother's growls quickly pulled his sword as the attack came. He was fighting his way toward his mother to protect her. Seishiro was along side his brother as they fought together. They were determined to get to their mother and sister.
 
Kagome was fighting against huge odds as she protected her daughters back. They were protecting each other as the youkai surged forward trying to capture them. They knew that these females were strong but they never expected them to be this strong.
 
Ah and Un were by their mistresses side as they protected them. They were attacking with their fire as they sent it at the enemy that wanted to hurt his mistress. Any youkai that got close to them were either burned or were batted away with their tail.
 
Kagome had enough as she took her sword and yelled, “Purifying Blades!!!”
 
The white-hot blades came out of her sword as it traveled and killed all youkai within her reach. It purified a good portion of the demons that were trying to attack them.
 
Kagome turned toward her daughter as she released the power of her sword as she yelled, “Tornado Blast!” A tornado came out of her sword as it went toward the enemy. Her tornado had purifying blades in it as it tore through the advancing youkai.
 
Sesshomaru seeing that his mate was fighting on her own had enough. He leaped into the air and landed near his mate and pup as he started to kill all those around him. His eyes were starting to go red from his anger as he protected his family.
 
He caught a familiar scent as he raced forward trying to find him. He had warned him in the past and now he was going to pay for it with his life.
 
Kumo was standing in the background watching his soldiers fight. They were getting killed and he had the bigger force. Sesshomaru's army was better trained than his and all he had was a company of soldiers with him. He had a whole battalion and they couldn't get near the female that he wanted.
 
He was so busy looking at what his soldiers were doing that he failed to notice the white blur heading his way. He saw it at the last minute as he quickly moved out of the way of the attack. He pulled his sword from his sheath as he stood face to face with a very pissed off Taiyoukai.
 
Sesshomaru raced as he was tracking Kumo he had made his last mistake as he found his target. His inner inu was screaming for his blood for trying to get what belonged to him. He attacked as he missed and landed right in front of his enemy.
 
Kumo was shaking in his boots as he saw Sesshomaru. He had never seen him so angry before. He knew that if he went after his females that there was a chance that Sesshomaru might kill him.
 
Well it was no might anymore as he saw him attack. He knew that he could never defeat Sesshomaru for he as very powerful as he continued to dodge his attacks.
 
Kumo saw how close he was to the females as he made his move. If he could get to one of the females then he could come out of this alive. He turned as he made a dash toward Tomiko. He was almost to her location when a flash of white appeared in front of her protecting her from his wrath.
 
Seishiro saw out of the corner of his eye that Kumo was trying to attack his sister. He could not permit it. He rushed in as he got there in time to protect her from his attack. He swung his hand as his poisoned whip came out and lashed out at Kumo.
 
Kumo was thrown off balance when he saw Sesshomaru step in front of his pup to protect her. He saw the whip come towards him as he dodged out of the way. What he didn't know was that the real Sesshomaru was right behind him and when he dodged the whip from his son he ran right into his whip.
 
Kumo went down hard as he looked at his severed arm. It had been taken completely off as he withered in pain. He looked up to see two Sesshomaru's standing over him, both with red eyes. One was slightly taller than the other as he realized his mistake. It had been his son that attacked him as the real Sesshomaru was still behind him.
 
He had failed to notice this and now he was hurt. He knew that he would not be able to fight against him as he gathered the last of his strength and sent a blast toward his daughter.
 
Sesshomaru might kill him but he was determined to take his daughter with him. He saw as Sesshomaru bared his claws to him as he swiped at his enemy. Kumo was completely cut in two but it was too late to stop the blast he had sent toward his daughter.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was fighting against her own threat when she saw the blast going toward her daughter. She didn't even think about what she was doing as she rushed toward her daughter and pushed her out of harms way.
 
Tomiko landed hard on the ground as she saw the blast hit her mother. She screamed as the tears started to come down her cheeks. `Why mother? Why would you put yourself in danger for me?' She thought as her own tears blinded her.
 
Sesshomaru didn't have time to think as he saw the blast going toward his daughter. His mate had seen it as she rushed in and pushed her out of harms way. Sesshomaru beat the blast as a protective barrier went around the both of them before the blast hit. They were both sent flying through the air as they landed hard on the ground. When the smoke finally cleared they found them both on the ground as Sesshomaru had his arms wrapped tightly around Kagome to protect her.
 
Tomiko, Seishiro, and Shippo rushed to their parents as the soldiers took care of the remaining threats. Their hearts were racing with fear as they finally reached their parents. Shippo was the first to step forward and when he went to touch them there was a barrier that was protecting them.
 
He sighed as he said to his siblings, “Otou barrier is protecting them for now. They are safe but the barrier won't come down as long as they are both unconscious. We will set up camp here and protect them until they wake up.”
 
Seishiro and Tomiko agreed with their brother as Shippo took control of the soldiers and had them set up a protective circle around camp. The pups never left their parents side as they waited for them to wake up.
 
Seishiro was sitting with his sister as he tried to comfort her. She was upset that her parents were hurt because of her. They knew that they were after her as they tried to protect her. Seishiro looked for his brother as he saw him going about his duties. If there was one of them that could act just like their father in a time like this it was Shippo.
 
His father had taught him well and he took his responsibilities to heart. He was vicious when it came to protecting his family. Once everything was settled and camp was made Shippo made his way toward his sibling to make sure that they were all right. They had never had to be in an actual fight. Their parents always protected them from any harm so this was new to them. He gave them a reassuring smile that everything would be all right as they settled for the night.
 
~oOo~
 
Morning came and Sesshomaru was the first to stir. He opened his eyes very slowly as they came into focus. He looked down to see his mate in his arms as he remembered what had happened yesterday. He quickly looked around as he saw his pups near them. There was a barrier that was protecting them both as he looked down at his mate.
 
Kagome was still out of it as he moved the hair away from her face. He had gotten to her in time to protect her from Kumo final assault on his family. He leaned down and licked her cheek as he waited for her to awaken.
 
Kagome started to stir as she slowly opened her eyes. Her head hurt as she looked up to see her mate. She smiled as she slowly started to move to see if she was injured. Her whole body ached so it was hard to tell if she was wounded. She whimpered as her mate purred to soothe her.
 
When the pups heard their mother whimper they immediately woke up as they came to see if they were all right.
 
Sesshomaru heard movement as he looked up to see all of his pup's safe. He saw the tears in his daughters eyes as he asked, “Tomiko are you hurt?”
 
Tomiko smiled at her father as she said, “No father, I'm not hurt. Is mother all right? Is she hurt?”
 
The purr she heard from her father soothed her as he said, “She is fine pup. She just needs to rest. We took a very hard hit from Kumo last night and it drained us of our energy.”
 
Sesshomaru turned his attention toward his mate again. He purred as he gave his mate comfort. The golden teardrop on his forehead started to glow blue as it engulfed their bodies in the blue light.
 
Sesshomaru felt when Kagome finally relaxed in his arms as he continued to heal her wounds. When he was done Kagome looked up with gratitude in her eyes. Her pain was almost gone as she held on to him for comfort.
 
He slowly sat up as he brought Kagome with him in a sitting position. He looked at his other pups as he asked, “Are any of you hurt?”
 
Shippo kneeled next to his father as he said, “Otou we are all fine. It's you two that we're worried about. That blast last night was powerful and you hit the ground hard. We couldn't get near you because of the barrier so we stayed here for the night. When you and mother are strong enough we will leave this place.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his son as he lowered his barrier. His barrier would always protect his mate and him incase they were both unconscious. It wouldn't lower for anyone not even their own pups.
 
He stood as he brought Kagome with him in his arms. He walked the few steps needed to get to his pet dragon. Ah and Un were kneeling down to allow their lord to get on with ease. Once he was secured he rose to his feet as he looked at the pups and waited for the rest to move out.
 
They understood that there was a need to leave these lands and get back to the west. Their mistress was hurt and they had to tend to her wounds.
 
Once Shippo saw his father on Ah and Un he gave the order to leave the area. Tomiko was sitting behind her father, as she held on tight. The dragon took to the air as the rest followed on the ground. Soon they made it to the Western Lands boarders and once they were on their lands they slowed down their pace.
 
They found a clearing for them to stop and rest as Sesshomaru got off Ah and Un. He placed his mate on the ground and started to walk over to his commander to see how his soldiers were doing. He wanted to make sure that they were all right and had plenty to eat.
 
As soon as Sesshomaru placed Kagome on the ground she was surrounded by her pups as they all gathered to make sure she was all right. They had all formed a circle around her as they were all in her embrace.
 
Sesshomaru saw as Kagome's aura flared and touched each of her pups. She soothed them all and told them that she was all right. She kissed each of her pups to let them know how proud she was of all of them.
 
Sesshomaru heart swelled with pride when he saw the love that his mate showered her pups with. Her heart was still pure as she cared for them deeply. It was this love that she shared with all that made her who she was.
 
Once everyone had rested they started making their way back home. Kagome was feeling better and everyone walked with a lighter step. It took them two days to get to the Western castle. When they had finally reached home Sesshomaru sent word to Tususki telling him what had happened once they had all split to go home. He informed him of Kumo's demise but said that he would not go after the Eastern Lands.
 
He informed him that his generals by now would have control of the lands and that they might have the foreigners on their side. It was too risky with the impending battle coming. He had summoned a golden eagle youkai as he told him to take the message to Lord Tususki of the North.
 
The messenger understood as he quickly left their lords study to deliver the message.
 
Now that he had taken care of everything that was important. He had to find his mate and start getting everything ready. They had less than 50 years in which to convince the youkai of the plan to live in peace with the humans. It was the only way to survive what was going to happen.
 
~oOo~
 
Fifty years would have been a long time for many but for youkai it flew by quickly. It has been fifty years since Kagome had brought the lords of the North and South to the Western Lands and told them of the upcoming holy war.
 
The trouble started about 5 years ago when the holy men from different countries came to their lands. They started attacking the barriers that were protecting the different regions. The first one's they attacked were the northern territories.
 
Sesshomaru and Kagome had gone there to start setting their plans in motion. Many of the youkai have agreed to live in peace with the humans. The rest opted to fight even if it meant their death. Those were the ones that could not live alongside with humans.
 
The humans attacked the youkai villages as they destroyed the youkai's that were willing to fight. The ones that had the ring or the bracelets on were teleported to another location when the purification blast came. Once they were away from harm the rings and bracelets activated and they took on a human appearance.
 
When the humans came around looking for the youkai they found none as they continued on their way. They were cleansing the lands of demons so the humans could live in peace.
 
Once they got to the Northern castle they were ready to confront the Northern Lord who they believed was a demon. When they got there they found a human ruler and were meet by an equally human army.
 
Tususki walked out of his castle in his human form. Behind him stood Sesshomaru and Kagome in their human forms. He waited as they brought the human holy men to them as he said, “Why are you attacking my castle?”
 
The humans were confused as they said, “We are sorry but we were told that these were the strong holds of the demon Lord of the North. We have come to rid the lands of these demons. They are a threat to humans everywhere and we are here to help.”
 
Tususki huffed as he said, “Well I'm not demon as you can see. The demon lord's castle is further north. I have heard from the villagers in that area that the northern lord has left this area. I am the ruling Lord now for the North and you will leave my lands before I have you killed.”
 
The humans backed off as they saw the soldiers close in around them. The threat was real and they had to rethink their strategy. They didn't want to piss off the ruling human lord so they quietly left the Northern castle as they continued on their way. They would hunt every last demon in the lands and set the humans free.
 
Sesshomaru and Kagome were standing behind Tususki as they watched the humans leave the area. They knew that this was the start of the war and that soon it would come to the west. The west would be harder to take because it was rumored that the Taiyoukai of the West was very powerful.
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru knew that they had to put up a good fight to keep the Western Lands but they knew in the end they would have to give it up.
 
Tususki turned toward them and said, “So the battle has begun. Now that they know that the Northern territories are in human hands and they will leave us alone for the most part. I know that I will have to deal with them in the future and if I need any help in dealing with them I will make sure to call on you.”
 
Kagome promised to always be there for him as she helped them transition from the Youkai rule to the human rule. She set up her spell of normalcy for the castle in case any humans happened upon the castle unannounced. They will see everything as normal and everyone in human form in order not to give them away.
 
Kagome had taught Rin how to cast this spell and when she could do it on her own they left the Northern territories and headed back home.
 
The Southern Lands were the next to be attacked. This battle was a lot fiercer since a lot more of the Southern youkai wanted to fight the humans that wanted their lands.
 
Inuyasha and Nasume had convinced a good majority of the Southern Youkai to live among the humans in peace but the warring tribes refused to live along side the humans. These were the ones that met their deaths at the hands of the humans. Their holy powers were great as they purified the demons with no problems.
 
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru had observed from a distance what kind of power these humans had. Kagome had been correct in saying that they were powerful. The aura's that these humans projected was powerful and it would take a great deal for them to be defeated.
 
Sesshomaru had never been one to run from a fight. He always stood his ground and protected what was rightfully his. This time though he had seen the power that these humans possessed and opted to take his mates advice and fake losing the battle to them. It would be better in the long run and it would protect his people.
 
With Kagome's knowledge they have already started to gather money that would insure their futures. They invested in other countries that would begin to prosper with time. Their holdings were great as they had other lands that they had purchased and were keeping safe for when they had to leave their own country.
 
When they saw the last of the youkai fall in battle they headed back toward the Southern castle. As the humans traveled across the lands Kagome felt as each of her rings and bracelets activated. Many youkai now had a human appearance.
 
The humans of the land never knew where the youkai villages were located for they never traveled. The only thing that the human villages knew was that the current lord of the South was very kind and saw to all of their needs when it came to feeding their people for the winter. He always made sure that they had enough food.
 
No one knew what the current lord looked like. They knew that he was powerful enough to protect the lands from intruders but that's all they knew.
 
Hisoka opted to go with the current lord decision and live in peace with the humans. He thought that he would be able to better serve his people if he saw to their needs in the future. He would make sure that the peace was kept between the two and that they were treated fairly.
 
The plan was to have Inuyasha and some of the youkai army battle the humans away from the castle. That way they didn't know where the castle was located.
 
Inuyasha stood tall on a hillside as he faced his enemy. His long mane was blowing with the wind as it looked like a white flag. He was taller now and more regal in his appearance. He looked so much like his brother that it was hard to tell them apart. The fact that he only had one stripe on each of his cheeks was the only way to tell them apart.
 
He had developed his brother's stoic mask and kept it in place. His looks would melt the ice off anything. But his heart was in the right place. He cared for all on his lands and this was something that had to be done to protect everyone. He knew this would be a hard fight. He made sure to tell his soldiers to be careful because he didn't want to lose any of them in battle.
 
When the humans were within hearing range of him he stepped forward and asked, “What are you doing on my lands? You go around destroying our youkai village without any valid reason.”
 
The priest that was in charge stepped forward and said, “We have heard of the way you treat the human villages in this area. It is our purpose in life to rid the lands of creatures such as you. The humans deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.”
 
Inuyasha huffed as he said, “Which villages have told you that they are not treated with respect? I see to the needs of the people that are on my lands and make sure that they have everything they need in order to survive. No youkai attack human villages here in my domain for if they did they would have to face me. My punishments are fair and just. No one breaks the laws and gets away with it. Is it not the same in your lands?”
 
The humans huffed at what the demon was saying to them. They didn't care if the majority of the humans on these lands were content to be ruled by a youkai. Their mission was to get rid of them as they attacked.
 
Inuyasha saw them coming as he gave the order to attack. They all rushed in as they engaged the enemy. Inuyasha of course knew that his sword would not transform if he were fighting against humans. It will never hurt humans but he brought out to defend himself.
 
The battle was a bloody one for the humans. They had lost a lot of their soldier before the priests with the holy powers came forth.
 
Inuyasha saw what was about to happen as he tried to get his soldiers out of the way of the attack. A powerful blast came from the priests as the purifying blast went straight for the youkai.
 
Inuyasha sword pulsed as it came to life to protect. Once the purifying energy hit his sword it transported everyone in the field back to the castle grounds. Their plan had worked but they had some injured among them.
 
The healers quickly came from the castle as they started to treat all those that were injured from the battle.
 
Inuyasha refused any treatment as he made his way into the castle so he could talk to his brother. He went into the blue room were he knew that his brother, Kagome, and his mate were waiting for him. When he entered the room Nasume just about had a fit when she saw how hurt he was.
 
Kagome was beginning to panic as tears started to come out of her eyes for her brother. They had hurt him as she rushed to his side and tried to heal his injuries.
 
Inuyasha was grateful to Kagome for healing his wounds as he tried to calm his mate. She was still upset at seeing him in such a state. He turned toward his brother and said, “These humans have powerful priest with them and they are the one's that will cause the most damage. They come to our lands with one thing on their minds and that is to get rid of all youkai. Their reason is unfounded and they don't care.
 
The humans from our lands have told them that they are happy with the way they were living and that the current lord looks after their needs. They are under some illusion that we don't treat the humans as equals and in a dignified manner.
 
When these humans finally reach the Western Lands there will be more of them and they will be harder to defeat. Kagome's plan so far has worked to keep the youkai's who have agreed to live among the humans safe. They have no idea that we still exist.”
 
Sesshomaru took all of this in as he looked at his mate. He could sense that the humans were coming to the castle and will arrive within the day. “Kagome the humans are about a days walk from here. They are coming with their full garrison. Have the spells of normalcy been placed on the castle grounds to protect all here?”
 
Kagome looked up from what she was doing with Inuyasha. Once all of his wounds were healed she turned to her mate and said, “Yes the spells are in place and anyone that comes here will only see humans.”
 
Once Kagome was done healing his wounds Inuyasha stood up and pulled his mate into his chest. He purred to let her know that he was fine and for her not to worry about him.
 
Nasume relaxed when her mate was finally healed. She was so worried that she would lose him. She had felt his weakness and knew how bad he was injured. With Kagome healing his wounds she felt when her mate regained his strength and she breathed a little easier.
 
They started to get the castle ready for when the humans would show up. The guards that were outside the castle walls had their rings on that protected how they looked. For anyone coming to the Southern castle all they would see were the humans that were now roaming about.
 
The next day the human soldiers showed up with the priest as they were escorted into the castle grounds. Inuyasha came out of the castle to see what they wanted as he stood before them.
 
When the humans looked at Inuyasha they saw the human version of him. He had light brown eyes and black hair. But he still carried himself like royalty as he said, “What are you doing here in my castle? What do you want?”
 
The human priest stepped forward as he said, “Good day milord. We are traveling priest that are roaming the lands getting rid of the youkai that walk this earth. We have met the youkai that was known as lord to this region and I'm happy to say that he has met his demise. Your lands are free of demons and you can all live in peace.”
 
Inuyasha raised an elegant eyebrow at the priest as he said, “You have killed the Southern Lord? Why? He has done nothing but care for the people of this land, be it human or demon.”
 
The priest huff as he said, “The youkai have been restricting the humans from living a full life. They show them no respect and kill them whenever they want. The world will be better off without them.”
 
Inuyasha huffed as he said, “Now that you have gotten rid of the Southern Lord that means that I rule the South. We had a pact that stated if something was to happen to him then I will take control. I want you to leave my lands. You have no business being here and what you have done is inexcusable. They didn't deserve to die because you did not understand them. So now you will have to deal with me and I'm not as forgiving as he was.”
 
Inuyasha raised his hand as his soldiers moved into place. They surrounded the human soldiers as they were pushed out of the southern castle. They watched as the humans left their lands and started to make their way toward the west.
 
Inuyasha and the rest watched them leave the Southern Lands as they were making their way toward the west. He turned to his brother as he said, “The final battle is going to be in the west. I took down about a hundred of their soldiers today but they are bound to have more when they get to the west. The fight will be difficult but I know that you will be able to take out a good amount of their soldiers before the priest gather their strength.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his brother as he turned toward his mate and said, “Kagome we should head back towards the west. We don't have much time to prepare for our little show.”
 
Kagome agreed with her mate as she stood by his side. Sesshomaru encased them in his golden globe as they raced back toward the west.
 
Inuyasha knew that the battle there was going to be even worse than he had to face here. He just hoped that his brother and sister would survive the attack that was coming.
 
~oOo~
 
Once Sesshomaru arrived back in his castle preparations were made to engage the humans that were about to attack his lands. Only the youkai that wished to fight were still youkai.
 
The ones that have agreed to live in peace with the humans have their rings and bracelets active and looked human. The battle would take place away from the human and Youkai villages. They wanted the damage to be as little as possible.
 
Sesshomaru's army was ready, as they would follow their leader to the very end. The plan was to fight the humans close to the western boarders. Kagome was to come with them and fight that way history would record the end of the Lady of the West.
 
Kagome knew that she would be able to hold off the priest until she got everyone transported back to safety. It was going to take a tremendous amount of power from her and she hoped she had enough at the end to get the rest of them out of harms way.
 
Sesshomaru and his commanders got ready as the order was given to leave for the western boarders. Kagome rode on top of Ah and Un as they headed out.
 
Shippo, Seishiro, and Tomiko were left behind to guard the castle until their return. Kagome had already placed a spell of normalcy on the castle grounds to protect all there. She had told her daughter how to protect the castle with her miko powers and her she knew that her daughter was up to the challenge.
 
She had told her children that she loved them dearly and if anything was to happen to them that they would find the answer to their questions in a book that she had left for them in her room.
 
She had taken the liberty of writing down everything that was going to happen in the future to protect her pups. It would help them survive the war that was to come in the future. She had detailed instructions for them and she hoped with all her heart that they would take her words and obey them.
 
Kagome took off on Ah and Un as they followed Sesshomaru to the western boarders. Once they got there they waited for the enemy to show up.
 
It had taken three days for the human army to arrive at the western boarders. Sesshomaru saw them coming as he gave the signal for everyone to get ready.
 
Sesshomaru walked out into the clearing with Kagome by his side. He confronted the humans as he said, “What do you want here priest?”
 
The priest in charge came forward as he said, “You are to leave these lands and never return. The time for your rule is over and the humans must be set free.”
 
Sesshomaru huffed as he said, “The humans on these lands live in peace, their needs are met, and they are provided for. They have come to me and have requested help in the past for their villages and have received it from me. My mate tends to their sick and she also trains their healers, so why do the humans need to be free? They have never been attacked by youkai for they would feel my wrath if they did. All those on my lands live in peace so for you to come here and demand that I give up my lands is preposterous.”
 
The priest huffed as he said, “You go in and take their food when the harvest comes in.”
 
“No I do not. We take the surplus and move it to other villages where the harvests have not been plentiful. They provide food for their neighbors and in turn their neighbor provide for them when their growing season is not good. Demons do not eat human food so we could care less about it. But I meet the needs of the humans on my lands and they are provided for.
 
If humans on my lands are well provided for then the food is sent to the other lands to provide for their needs. In this way we keep them all alive during the winter.” Said Sesshomaru in a huff. `How dare this human accuse this Sesshomaru of taking food from the humans.'
 
The priest was fuming at the demon lord standing before him. It had been the same in the other two lands when they finally got rid of the demons that ruled those lands. “We don't care we are here to get rid of you and that's what we are going to do.”
 
Kagome had been standing there the whole time listening to what this fool was saying. She had enough as she stepped forward and looked at her mate. He nodded once to indicate that she could speak her peace as she said, “Excuse me priest. But you are a holy man. Your job is to give everyone comfort when they need spiritual guidance. It should not matter to you if they are youkai or not. I'm a healer and as a healer it's my job to make sure that the sick and wounded are treated. They matter not if they are youkai or human as long as I do my job they will live.
 
The way you speak is that you want nothing to do with us but it is my mate that cares for the people of the land. If we wanted only a youkai to live on our lands the humans would have been killed long ago but we keep them safe and make sure that they have all they need to survive.
 
You don't even know who we are but yet you judge us because we are youkai. In time you will all come to realize that you should not judge a book by it cover but judge them for their actions.”
 
The priest looked at the female youkai in front of him. His eyes roamed up and down as he scanned her figure with loathing. Females were not to speak in such terms to a male and it seems that the demons allow their wenches to speak as they please.
 
“Wench! You speak out of turn. This is a man's affair and you should not meddle in it. Know your place and then you can speak to me in such terms. We men do as we please and we know how to keep our women in their place.” said the priest as he saw Kagome's eyes go red.
 
The moment the priest said wench Kagome's temper flared. She was pissed as she said, “Know my place priest! It is you who should know your place. I'm Lady of the Lands and as such the people are my concern. I protect them from people like you. You know nothing about what you speak of. Your only concern is to get rid of us but we will continue to care for the land long after we are gone and you will not be able to stop us.”
 
The priest temper at the moment exploded as he attacked Kagome. He sent a powerful blast of holy power towards her.
 
Kagome stood her ground and no one around her moved. She saw the attack coming as she batted it away like it was a fly. The priest eye grew big when he noticed her aura flare. It was pink as he said in a low voice, “You're a miko!”
 
Kagome gave him an evil smile as she countered, “No I'm not just a miko, I'm a pure heart miko. The strongest miko in this land and because I'm youkai that makes me even stronger.”
 
The priest backed up a step. He didn't know that the Lady of the West was a pure heart miko. She was human and turned demon as his anger raged, “You gave up being human to become a filthy demon! Why when you could have had anything your heart desires for being a pure heart miko.”
 
Kagome laughed, “I have everything I want. You have nothing that I could ever want. No human could help me control the powers I hold. I needed a strong mate that could protect and help me control this power. You humans are weaklings and I would have killed the first one that tried to control my powers. These powers were not meant for the human race they were meant to protect the youkai from people such as you.”
 
The priest had enough as the order to attack came. The fight was on for the Western Lands. The demon soldiers surged forward as they attacked the humans. They were weak as they were making quick work of the human soldiers.
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru were fighting side by side. They were killing as many of them as they could because they needed to get rid of fools such as these. They continued to fight as they were making their way over to the priest who had insulted Kagome. She was not about to let him get away.
 
Off in the distance about 10 priests stepped forward as they began to chant. They were getting ready to attack the demons that were standing in their way.
 
Kagome felt the power that was near as she spotted them in the distance. She gave a ferial growl at her mate as she told him to get ready. They braced themselves as the first attack came.
 
At that moment Kagome's aura flared as she protected those that were fighting with them, she teleported them back to the castle as the blast hit the area. The humans were not even aware of what they were doing as they continued to battle.
 
Strike after strike Kagome kept sending the soldiers back to the castle until only a hand full were left in the battle. They had almost killed all of the human soldiers as Kagome was facing off with the priest with the big mouth.
 
Kagome's eyes glowed red as she attacked. The priest put up a strong barrier that Kagome was able to break with no problem. She continued until her claws met the priest as she slashed him in half. She had the satisfaction of killing the bastard for calling her a wench.
 
She looked for her mate as she saw that he was in trouble. He was being attacked by at least three other priest and they almost had him surrounded. Her mark had protected him so far as she went to his aid. They attacked as one as she screamed, “Sesshomaru!!!”
 
Her powers went out of control as she sent her powers toward Sesshomaru. It merged with him in time to deflect the attack that would have killed him. It rebounded and struck the priest that were trying to kill him as they met their death.
 
Sesshomaru was panting hard as he was looking for his mate. Her surge of power was great and he feared that she might be weakened at the moment. He found her on her knees as she was struggling to get up. He raced to her side as the remaining soldiers surrounded them to protect.
 
Sesshomaru reached Kagome as he held her in his arms. She was weak and might not be able to transport them out of the battle. Their soldiers fought off the remaining humans as Kagome tried to regain her strength.
 
The remaining priest gathered together for one final assault at the demons that were standing in front of them. It was their last chance to get rid of them before the female recovered her energy. She was powerful and when protecting those she cared about her powers were even stronger.
 
Kagome knew what was coming as she said, “Sesshomaru, we must put our powers together in order for us to leave this place. If we don't we will die. I don't have the energy needed to transport us back to the castle. We must rid this world of those priest so that they don't do anymore harm.”
 
Sesshomaru understood what his mate was saying as he stood with her in her arms. They felt the surge of power being gathered as they told their guards to get ready. Sesshomaru feed his power to Kagome as she lifted Sanshunojingi into the air it pulsed with their combined powers as Kagome summoned her attack.
 
The priest released their holy powers on Kagome and Sesshomaru as they watched. This was the end of the demon lord and his mate.
 
Kagome released her counter attack on the priest as she encircled everyone in her light. She transported everyone back to the castle as her attack blasted the priest attack away from them and then went straight for the priest. It hit them full force as it killed the last of the priest that had dared challenge the Lord of the West.
 
There was a lone priest that didn't have much power that survived the battle. He was the only one of the 400 strong soldiers that survived. He made his way back to the Eastern Lands, as he would inform all there that they had finally got rid of the Demon Lord of the West. They had finally won the battle against the demons and the lands were once again free.
 
The last one's to make it back to the castle were Sesshomaru and Kagome. Kagome who had used the last of her remaining strength to transport them back to the castle laid unconscious in her mates arms.
 
Upon their arrival back at the castle Sesshomaru fell to his knees with his mate. He was greatly weakened by his mate as he had given her all of his powers so she could get rid of those humans and bring them back home.
 
He was still conscious but just barely. He had Kagome in a death grip and wouldn't let anyone approach his mate. Once he had recovered enough he stood on shaky legs and made his way back to his chambers.
 
He instructed Shippo that he was to take control of the castle until he had recovered with his mother. Shippo understood his orders as he saw his father and mother heading inside the castle. He knew they were all right. They just needed to rest from their ordeal.
 
Once Sesshomaru made it to their room he placed his mate on the bed, he laid beside her as he held her in his arms. They were both weak but still alive and for this he was thankful. He fell asleep a short time later as his golden teardrop shinned a bright blue. Tenseiga pulsed at his side as the blue hue encircled the sword. It added its power to Sesshomaru as it kept them safe from any harm.
 
History would record that the Great Taiyoukai of the West and his mate had died in the battle that day. The lands were finally freed of the demon lords that ruled them and now the humans could live in peace.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. History would record that Sesshomaru and Kagome died that day and everyone thought that the demons were gone from the lands. But they still exist with the humans they are just hidden from view.
 
A Single Spark is finally up and running. I have put the link to the site incase any of you want to vote for your favorite stories. The voting has been extended until the 5th of May 2006 to allow everyone to vote.
 
The next chapter is the end of this story. It has been a wild ride and all of you have been wonderful. Thank you so much for all of your reviews. They meant the word to me and it will fuel my mind to keep writing.
 
Until the next and final chapter!
 
Ja ne!