InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 40 ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 40
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha finally made it back to the castle. Both Nasume and Kagome were still unconscious in their arms as they walked into the castle. The servants were all worried about the two women that their lords held in their arms.
 
The castle healer was summoned to Lord Inuyasha's room so they could tend to Nasume's wounds.
 
Sesshomaru took Kagome back to his room as he would tend to her himself. She was hurt because of him. He should have listened to her when she said that this was a trap. She wanted to go with him because she saw that they were trying to separate them and in the end they had succeeded because of his stubbornness.
 
He remembered what Kagome's mother said about contusions. He was scared that she would suffer the same thing again and he would lose her. They had no way of going back to her era that would help her recover from an injury such as that. The only thing he could do was watch her to make sure that she didn't show the same signs as the last time.
 
He finally got to their room as he entered and placed her on the bed. The secret passageway had been seal shut preventing anyone else from coming into this room. They would search the entire castle for any more such passages and make sure that they were sealed. They couldn't afford to let any more enemies enter the castle unannounced.
 
Sesshomaru took care of Kagome's injuries as he licked her wounds to heal all of them. She relaxed once he had healed her wounds. She could have done it on her own but with her being weak from carrying the pup it would take her a long time to do it.
 
The mark that Koga had left upon her lovely face was healed and you couldn't tell that she had a bruise there. He held her close to his chest as he waited for her to wake up. He was worried because she had not moved since he had taken her out of the cave.
 
He checked his pup and when he placed his hand on her stomach it moved to let him know that it was all right as well. He growled gently to the pup as it settled down to let its mother sleep. He rubbed his hand gently over her stomach as he caressed his pup. It settled down when he continued to shower it with his affection.
 
Kagome moaned and whimpered as she was in pain. Her body was hurting as she was slowly waking up. Someone was rubbing her stomach and her pup was settling down again. It had been very active until a few minutes ago, as it seemed to be going to sleep.
 
The light in the room hurt Kagome's eyes as she tried to hide her face in the strong muscular chest that was next to her. His scent hit her nose and she recognized the scent of her mate.
 
Slowly she opened her eyes as tears started to form in them. She was glad that she was staring into the eyes of her mates and not Koga's. She whimpered when she tried to move and heard the gentle purr from her mate's chest. He was helping her by getting rid of the pain she was feeling as she felt herself get pulled closer into his body.
 
He held her tight against his chest as he purred. He knew that she was in pain as he tried to take it away. The teardrop on his forehead turned an icy blue as his aura flared to encircle her body. It searched her whole body to heal anything that he might have missed. He gave her some of his energy for he felt her weakness.
 
Kagome started to feel that she was getting stronger. She looked up at her mate and asked, “Sesshomaru? What happened to Nasume? Is she all right?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at his mate as he replied, “She was hurt very badly when she tried to protect you. The castle healers are with her right now.”
 
Kagome tried to get out of Sesshomaru's hold but found that he was not about to let her go. She sighed as she said, “Sesshomaru take me to her. I can heal her wounds that the castle healers can't see. If she is bleeding inside she could die. Inuyasha is in love with her and I can't let her die because it would destroy him.”
 
Sesshomaru understood his mate. He had seen the look in his brother's eyes when he looked at Nasume. He knew that he had feeling for her. Their father had said that she was his soul mate so he knew that he would have to release her so she could be mated to him. He just hoped that she would agree to be his mate.
 
He picked Kagome up in his arms as he walked out of their room and headed toward Inuyasha's room. He had taken Nasume there so she could rest.
 
As he came closer to his brother's room he saw a bunch of servants standing around the door waiting. They were all waiting to see if Nasume was all right. A growl from him caused all of them to leave the area. As he smiled down at his mate, the servants were still scared of him and he liked it that way.
 
Kagome tried not to roll her eyes when her mate growled at the servants. She knew that he was playing with them as he made them leave the area so they could go in the room. When they entered the healers were trying to heal Nasume's wounds as Inuyasha looked on with worry in his eyes.
 
Kagome looked at the castle healers as she asked, “Do you know the extent of her injuries yet?”
 
The healer looked up to see the Lady of the West in her mate's arms as she waited for an answer. The healer shook his head as he said, “I'm sorry milady but there is not much I can do for her. She is bleeding inside and I don't know how to stop it. I don't have the knowledge to save her.”
 
Kagome panicked as she squirmed out of her mate's arms. Sesshomaru seeing that she wanted to get down gently placed her on her feet as he held her. The healer moved out of the way as Kagome sat next to Nasume and looked at her.
 
She was hurt worse than the last time as she started to concentrate. She saw all of her injuries and knew what to heal. Her aura flared a powerful blue as she put her hands on Nasume's chest. Her aura encircled Nasume as she slowly started to heal all of her wounds. It took the better part of an hour for Kagome to completely heal her.
 
By the time she was done she was exhausted as she slumped forward almost landing on her friend. Sesshomaru had grabbed her before she fell and pulled her into his arms once again as he held her close to his heart. She was breathing hard as she said, “Inuyasha, keep an eye on her. I have healed all of her wounds and she should recover. If you need me please come and get me.”
 
Inuyasha heart filled with joy that Kagome was able to heal Nasume from her injuries. He promised to watch her and make sure that she recovered from her wounds. He also swore to come and get her if there was anything wrong.
 
Kagome smile when she heard this as she rested her head on Sesshomaru's chest and fell asleep. She was tired and needed to rest.
 
Sesshomaru turned as he was leaving his brother's room when his brother stopped him. “Sesshomaru, thank you for allowing Kagome to heal Nasume. I don't know what I would have done if she had died too.” Said Inuyasha with gratitude.
 
Sesshomaru turned to his brother as he said, “Inuyasha, if you wish for her to be your mate you must ask her. If she consents then she is released with my blessing to be your mate. I want you to be happy little brother, you deserve it.”
 
Inuyasha was shocked when his brother told him this. He didn't think he would approve of him taking Nasume as a mate because he was of royal blood and she was a servant. But when he gave his blessing for them to mate the only thing he could say to him was, “Thank you.”
 
Everyone left Inuyasha alone in his room with Nasume. He would take care of her until she woke up. He knew that all she needed now was rest to regain her strength.
 
~oOo~
 
On the second day of them defeating the rouge youkai Nasume started to stir from her sleep. She was tired as she looked at her surroundings. She didn't recognize where she was as her eyes came into focus. She noticed that Inuyasha had his head down on the futon asleep next to her in a chair. He was holding her hand as she blushed a bright red.
 
She had dreamt of him doing these things with her but she knew that it would never be. She was a servant in Sesshomaru's household and he would never approve of their union. He was of royal blood and she didn't meet their standards. She was not educated and she was not strong enough to be his mate.
 
She looked down and noticed that he had changed. His beautiful ears were gone as they were replaced with elfin ones just like his brother. She took a deep breath as she breathed in his scent, it had changed as well, it was not the scent of a hanyou anymore it was the scent of a full youkai. He smelled of the forest right after the rain and his scent was heavenly to her. She sighed as she moved to get out of bed. She was worried about Kagome and she wanted to go and find her.
 
As soon as she moved Inuyasha woke up from his sleep. He looked up to see that Nasume was awake. He smiled at her as he asked, “Nasume, you're finally awake. How are you feeling?”
 
Nasume smiled at his concern as she said, “I'm fine milord. But I'm worried about Kagome. Is she all right?”
 
Inuyasha chuckled as he said, “You're just like Kagome. She worries about you and you worry about her. She is fine. She is recovering nicely and Sesshomaru brings her here so she can check on you. She healed all of your injuries. Nasume, I thought I almost lost you. You were hurt so bad that the castle healers couldn't help you. Kagome used her powers to heal all of your injuries.”
 
He pulled Nasume into a hug as he held her. This felt so right that he didn't want to let her go.
 
Nasume was shocked she didn't know what to do. He was holding her so tight that she finally gave in to her desires and hugged him back. Even if she couldn't be with him she would enjoy this while she had it. She nuzzled him as she took in his scent that made her body come alive. She wanted so much to be with him but knew that she couldn't.
 
Inuyasha's heart about leaped out of his chest when he felt her hug him back. It felt so right to hold her in his arms. He never felt this way about anyone. Even when he held Kagome in his arms it never really felt like this. With Kikyou he never felt this. He didn't want to let go he wanted to hold her for the rest of his life, but he had to ask her first.
 
He pulled her away from his chest as he looked into her eyes and said, “Nasume I want to ask you something. It has been too long since I have felt anything for anyone. When I almost lost you in that last battle it almost tore me apart. I can't stand the thought of being without you. You are everything that I ever wanted in a mate and I hope with all my heart that you will accept my offer. I love you Nasume. Will you be my life mate? I want to spend the rest of my life with you and all eternity.”
 
Nasume was shocked when she heard his words. It was everything that she ever wanted to hear from him. He loved her and wanted her as his mate. Her heart leaped with joy but then it came down just as fast. She knew it would never be approved as she lowered her eyes. How could she tell the youkai she loved that she could never be mated to him. She was not worthy enough to be his mate. He deserved someone of royal blood that could produce a strong heir for him.
 
She looked up into his amber eyes, as she said, “No, I can't accept your offer, I'm not worthy enough to be your mate. I'm not of royal blood and it would never be approved.”
 
She tried to leave his embrace but Inuyasha was not about to give up on them. “Nasume, Sesshomaru has already given his blessing as long as you accept my offer. We could be mated Nasume. I love you and I don't want to lose you. You are stronger than some of those noble bitches and have twice the power they do, you just don't realize it yet.”
 
Nasume heard his words and couldn't believe the Sesshomaru would give his blessing. She was confused as she leaped out of bed and dashed out the door. She needed to think as she rushed out of the castle and went to the garden so she could think about everything that has happened.
 
Inuyasha watched as Nasume rushed out of the room. He was heartbroken. She had rejected his offer and now he would lose her. He would have to talk to Kagome to see if she could talk to her. He didn't have anyone else to turn to as he walked out of his room in search of his sister.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was in her room resting. She wasn't sleeping nor was she tired, but with Nasume still recovering from her wounds she didn't have anyone to talk to. She was lonely, as Sesshomaru had left her side to go and tend to some business that was important. He had been at her side since he got her back from Koga.
 
He had done everything to make her happy so that she could forgive him for his actions. She had gotten hurt because of him and he had told her that he would listen to her instincts from now on.
 
She had seen the change in Inuyasha and had asked Sesshomaru about it. He told her that his father was the one who got rid of his human blood so he could be a full youkai and have a true-life bond with Nasume, she understood what had happen.
 
Inutaisho had told her that when his son found his soul mate that he would get rid of his human blood so he could have a true life bond with her. His human side would prevent him from forming a true bond with her. He knew that he would find her it just took time. She was happy for him now. He has everything he ever wanted, he found a mate, and he was a full youkai.
 
She was lying there pondering what to do for the rest of the afternoon when she heard a knock on her door. She sniffed as she caught Inuyasha's scent and thought that something was wrong with Nasume. She said, “Come in,” as Inuyasha rushed into the room with panic in his eyes.
 
When he saw her he rushed to her side as he said, “Kagome, Nasume woke up and I need you to talk to her. She refused my offer because she thinks that she is not worthy to be my mate. She thinks that Sesshomaru will not release her and give his blessing for our mating. Please Kagome you have to talk to her. I don't know what I'll do without her.”
 
Kagome listened to everything he was saying and it sounded very familiar to her. She smiled at her brother as she asked, “Do you know where she is? I will talk to her.”
 
Inuyasha was happy that she would talk to Nasume. He told her that she was in the garden as he helped her up and then walked her outside. They found her by the roses as Inuyasha left her so she could speak to her in private.
 
Kagome walked over to Nasume. She could feel the sadness that was coming off her body. She sat by her as she said, “Nasume, we need to talk.”
 
Nasume caught Kagome's scent as she was coming towards her. She had been crying as she wiped away her tears so Kagome wouldn't notice. She felt when she sat next to her and heard her words. She sighed as she said, “There is nothing to talk about. I'm not worthy enough to be his mate. He needs someone of equal power to him to be his mate. I'm not educated and I'm not as graceful like other female youkai of his station. I'm just a servant in Lord Sesshomaru's castle and a mating between us is impossible.”
 
Kagome heard her friend as she said in a gentle voice, “You know those were the same words that I said when Sesshomaru picked me as a mate. I felt that I was too weak to be his mate. That he needed someone stronger than me so he could be happy. But I learned over time that I am just as strong as he is. I am worthy to be called his mate. We make each other strong and that is the only thing that matters. But I have one question for you Nasume, do you love Inuyasha?”
 
Nasume listened to everything Kagome had said. She smiled as she remembered when she had first met her. Everything she was saying was true. She did think of herself as unworthy to be his mate but in the end she proved to be stronger than any other demon in the lands. She was the perfect mate for Sesshomaru. When she heard her question her heart about stopped, `Do I really love him?' she asked herself as she pondered this question.
 
Try as she might she came up with the same answer every time. She did love him with all her heart. “Yes Kagome, I do love Inuyasha with all my heart. But how can I mate him. Look at me I'm just a servant I have nothing to bring into this mating.”
 
Kagome smiled as she said, “Nasume, I was just a human back then remember. I had nothing to bring into my mating with Sesshomaru. The only thing that I had was my love for him. That is the only thing that Inuyasha needs from you. He wants your love and he wants to be with you. As for the way you look we can take care of that.”
 
Kagome grabbed Nasume hand as she stood and dragged her into the castle. She grabbed a couple of servants and told them what she needed and where to meet her. She dragged Nasume to the hot springs as she told her to strip that it was about time that Inuyasha got to meet the real her.
 
Nasume opened her eyes wide as she said, “What are you talking about Kagome?”
 
Kagome turned to her friend as she said, “I want you to let go of that illusion spell that you have so Inuyasha can see the real you. If he is to mate with you then he should see the real you the way you are.”
 
Nasume's eyes opened wide. She never knew that she could see right through her illusion spell. She lowered her head as she said, “I can't, I have been hiding all these years and I don't know how he would react to seeing the real me.”
 
Kagome put her hands on her hips as she huffed and said, “Nasume, you are beautiful in your true form. I don't know why you're hiding that you are a rare blue inu youkai. If I remember correctly from everything that I have read you are the last of your kind and you are very powerful. You suppress your powers so no one will know the truth about you. But I have known for a long time and it's about time that you quit hiding and show yourself. I guarantee you that he will love you just as you are.”
 
Nasume relented she knew that she was not going to win this argument with her. She dropped her illusion as the true Nasume was revealed. Her hair went from a dull brown to a brilliant blue in color. Her slightly tanned skin became milky white. Her dull brown eyes were the most piercing green she had ever seen. Her eyes were beautiful as she stood there and looked at Kagome.
 
Kagome smiled one of her most famous smiles that would melt anyone's heart. Just then the servants came into the hot spring carrying everything that Kagome told them to get. They all got to work as they cleaned Nasume up and then dressed and fixed her hair.
 
But the time Kagome and the servants were done they couldn't believe the way Nasume looked. She looked gorgeous dressed in a light blue kimono with white roses running along the hem. She had on a slightly darker blue obi that set off the kimono perfectly. They had put up her hair into an almost bun with it flowing behind her. They allowed a few strands of hair to fall on each side of her cheeks that set off her features perfectly.
 
They brought a mirror over so Nasume could look at herself. Her eyes opened wide when she saw what she looked like. She couldn't believe that it was her that was staring back in the mirror. She looked beautiful for the first time in her life. Tears of joy started to come out of her eyes as she looked up and said, “Thank you Kagome, you have taught me never to be ashamed of who I am.”
 
Kagome smiled as she grabbed her hand and then dragged her outside the castle where she knew that Inuyasha was pacing. She had felt his aura and knew that he was worried that she would not accept his offer.
 
They walked outside as they approached Inuyasha. They stopped a few feet away from him as he stopped and turned to look at them. They saw as his eyes opened wide, his mouth dropped open, and his nostrils flared when he caught Nasume's scent.
 
Nasume was nervous as Kagome leaned in and said in a gentle voice, “Nasume, all he wants is your love. He is your soul mate Nasume. The one destined for you. You will both be happy together. All you have to do is tell him.”
 
Nasume heart skipped a beat when she was told that he was her soul mate. If he was then they were meant to be together. She walked over to where he was still standing with his mouth wide open. She giggled once she got closer to him as she said, “Inuyasha you might want to close your mouth before a fly goes into it.”
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha had been pacing the garden. He was worried that Kagome had not been able to convince Nasume to be his mate. He knew in his heart that she was the one that was destined to be his mate but how could he convince her.
 
He stopped his pacing when he caught Kagome and Nasume's scent. He turned in their direction as his mouth fell open. There with standing with Kagome was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. His nostrils flared as he caught her scent of orange blossoms and knew that this was Nasume.
 
He saw as Nasume walked over to him and he couldn't help but look at her. She was the most stunning creature he had ever seen. When he heard her comments he quickly closed his mouth as he said, “Nasume, you look gorgeous!”
 
Nasume blushed at his comments as she said, “Inuyasha, this is my true form. I'm a blue inu youkai. I wanted you to see the real me before you made your decision. Do you still want to mate me knowing that I'm a blue inu?”
 
Inuyasha stepped closer to her as he heard her question. He pulled her closer to his chest as he leaned down and kissed her. He kissed her with such love and passion that she melted into his arms. When they finally broke from the kiss he said, “I want you to be my mate. I don't care what you are. I love you and I want to be with you.”
 
Tears formed in Nasume's eyes as she answered his question, “Lord Inuyasha I would be honored to be your mate.”
 
Inuyasha heart leaped with joy as she said yes to his offer. He kissed her again relishing in the feel of her in his arms as he held her close to his heart.
 
Kagome had been watching from a distance as she heard when Nasume accepted Inuyasha's offer to be his mate. A lone tear fell from her eyes as she watched her two best friends walk away just enjoying their time together. She knew that she would make him happy. It was about time that Inuyasha found someone that he could love and spend the rest of his life with.
 
She felt as a fluffy white tail wrap around her waist and was pulled into the embrace of her mate. She looked up at Sesshomaru as he leaned down and licked her tears away as she heard him ask, “Kagome why are you crying?”
 
She snuggled into his warmth as she replied, “These are tears of joy. Nasume has accepted Inuyasha offer to become his mate. I know that they would be happy together. She is a blue inu youkai and a very powerful one at that. She will help him rule the Southern Lands.”
 
Sesshomaru's quirked an elegant eyebrow up as he heard what his mate had said. He never knew that Nasume was a rare blue inu youkai. Their breed has been known to carry tremendous powers before their race became none existent.
 
He turned as he pulled Kagome with him he had felt her weariness. She was tired and needed to rest. She would need to rest more now that the pup was getting bigger. He would have to remember to release Nasume so she could be happy with Inuyasha. It pleased him that he had found the one that he was destined for.
 
They walked back to their room as Kagome laid down for a while. He had to make sure that one of the other servants brought up Kagome's raw meat for tonight. She needed to keep up her strength. They would have to leave to go home soon. The pup was due to be born in about a month and a half. He would need to stay close to her until its birth.
 
He decided since the threat was now over in the Southern Lands that they would return in the morning to the west. He would leave his brother and his new mate to take care of this region. His own lands demanded his attention, but in the mean time he laid down next to Kagome as she turned and snuggled into his chest, his inner inu purring to lull her to sleep. Once she had fallen asleep he followed suit as he held her in his arms.
 
~oOo~
 
The next morning they all gathered as they said goodbye to everyone. Inuyasha and Nasume promised to visit in a month's time. Kagome had asked if they could stay when they came to visit until the pup was born. She would feel better if Nasume and Inuyasha were there.
 
Nasume stated that she would not miss it for the world and promised to stay until the pup was born. Kagome was happy about this as she got on Ah and Un. Once she was seated comfortably the dragon stood as he waited for his master to leave.
 
When Sesshomaru was done talking to his brother he nodded to the dragon as they took off into the sky heading back home to the west.
 
Kagome was sad to leave her friend behind but knew that she would be happy. She sighed as they traveled back home. She knew that soon she would give birth to her pup and she was not looking forward to the pain that came with it.
 
By the time they arrived back at the western castle Sesshomaru was sitting on top of Ah and Un holding Kagome. The trip back was a long one and she had gotten tired along the way. He held her in his arms while she slept.
 
They landed near the castle as the servants of the castle greeted him. They all noticed that Nasume was no longer with them as Mina came forward to take her place. They all knew that Nasume was in love with their lord's younger brother. It was only a matter of time before he had taken her as his mate. They were all happy for her. She deserved to love someone for the rest of her life.
 
Sesshomaru was surprised that Mina came forward to take Nasume's place. But he didn't mind since she was one of Kagome's personal guards. Her and Nasume had proven to be the most powerful females he had trained to protect his mate. He trusted the demonesses that he had selected.
 
He turned to Mina as he said, “Mina now that Nasume is to be my brothers mate you will take over her responsibilities. Do you know of the raw meat that I require for my mate?”
 
Mina bowed as she said, “Yes milord, Nasume has already instructed me on all her duties. I assure you that I will protect milady with my life and serve her well.”
 
Sesshomaru was happy to hear this as he left her behind to go up to his chambers. Kagome needed to rest as he went to put her down.
 
Once he got Kagome settled in their room he was informed that some of the lower lords of the lands have come to see him on an important issue. They had said that it could not wait.
 
Sesshomaru was irritated that he would have to leave his mate so soon upon their return. When he left his chambers he saw Mina there waiting for him to leave as she entered the room to keep his mate company while he was gone.
 
The routine around the castle continued as normal. Sesshomaru was staying close to his mate as her time for give birth was approaching.
 
When Kagome woke up from her nap she saw Mina there sitting next to her. She greeted her warmly but she would miss Nasume the most. She had been with her since she had come to the castle and was her first friend. But she had the satisfaction of knowing that she would make Inuyasha very happy as they were meant for each other.
 
Mina tended to Kagome's needs just like Nasume would do. She became closer to Mina as her time drew near to have her pup. Mina knowing that this was Kagome's first pup told her what she should expect. She described what it would feel like to go into labor and what will happen during that time.
 
Kagome took all of this in as she was getting herself ready for the blessed day. She had talked to the castle healers about anything that might go wrong in her giving birth. They were prepared to meet any obstacle that was thrown their way. They assured her that she would be well taken care of and that they would make sure that the pup was safe.
 
After about a week of Kagome being back home she got an idea in her mind to repay her mate for all the raw meat she was eating. She had told him that he would have to eat the food that she enjoyed. He had told her that he would as long as she made it herself.
 
Kagome was helped by Mina to go down to the kitchen. She was fairly large and she swayed from side to side as she walked. It would take her breath away just to walk but this was something that she wanted to do. Her mate was busy with meetings so she was left alone for the rest of the afternoon.
 
She saw this as her opportunity to get him back and make him eat her cooking. She just hoped that he liked it. She was not the best cook in the world but she was not that bad either.
 
Kagome finally made it to the kitchen as the staff greeted her. Kagome told them what she wanted to do and they all set about to help her in her efforts. Kagome wanted to make a meal that he would like so she decided on some stir fried beef.
 
The castle staff was curious on how she made this dish as they all watched what she was doing. She had not had this dish in a long time. Their food was excellent but she sometime missed the food in her time.
 
They helped her chop up her vegetables as Kagome turned to one of the servants and asked, “Do we still have the Matsutake mushrooms?”
 
The servants remembered that they had brought in some mushrooms back when their lady was attacked in the forest. They had kept them for her because they didn't know what to do with them. They all watched as Kagome cut them up and then put them all in the pan with the rest of the vegetables.
 
The moment that the mushrooms started to cook with the other vegetables they all notice that the scent had changed. It smelled heavenly and the aroma that the food was giving off was wonderful.
 
Once Kagome was done cooking she tasted what she had made. It smelled good but did it taste good? She put a piece of broccoli into her mouth as she gently chewed her food. It was perfect! It was the best meal she had ever made and her mouth watered.
 
She gave everyone a taste of the food so they could be her judges on whether it came out good. They all praised her for they have never tasted anything like it before. It was rich and flavorful as they all tried to remember how to prepare the dish.
 
Kagome had told them all that it was the Matsutake mushroom that gave it that wonderful flavor. It was hard to find but all they needed was just a little bit to make the food taste even better.
 
The kitchen staff all agreed, as they got ready to serve the food. It was almost dinnertime and Kagome wanted to sit down and eat. She told the servant to place four settings on the table that Sesshomaru was going to eat her food or it would be his head.
 
The staff all laughed at her threat. Their lord would not stand a chance against her. Dinnertime came as Kagome walked into the dinning hall with Mina. She had a big grin on her face as she sat down in front of her pups. Sesshomaru was not there yet as she said to her pups, “Rin, Shippo, I want you two to know that I made dinner for us tonight. I want to know what you think about it.”
 
Shippo looked at his mother and smiled. He knew she was a good cook but something came to his mind as he asked, “Okaa-san, you didn't make Ramein did you?”
 
Kagome laughed full and hardy as she said, “No Shippo I didn't make Ramein. I made a dish my mother taught me how to make. It's called stirred fried beef and I think you all will like it.”
 
At that moment Sesshomaru walked into the dinning hall as he greeted his mate with a kiss as he sat down at the head of the table. The servants came out and gave everyone the food that was prepared.
 
Sesshomaru was just expecting his tea when a plate of food was put before him. He was about to protest when he heard his mate say, “Sesshomaru, this is a meal that I made myself. You promised me that you would try the food that I like to eat as long as I made it myself.”
 
Sesshomaru growled but he had promised her that he would eat human food if she cooked it herself. He never expected her to cook. He didn't think she could so he was not worried about eating human food. He forgot that his mate came from another era and she might know how to do these things.
 
Everyone was waiting for him to take the first bite so they could all eat. He looked at the food that was in front of him and he had to admit that it had a wonderful aroma to it. He picked up his chopsticks as he grabbed some meat and placed it in his mouth.
 
Everyone watched as their lord ate the food that his mate had made for him. He kept his face clear of any emotions but on the inside he was relishing the wonderful taste of his mates food. He didn't know that she was a wonderful cook.
 
He noticed that no one was eating as he looked up at his mate. He saw that she was waiting for him to say something about her food as he swallowed and said, “Kagome your food taste wonderful.”
 
Kagome's heart leaped with joy, as he liked her food. She watched as he continued to eat what she had made for him. The children seeing that their father was eating the food that their mother had made quickly got down to business as they ate their share. To their delight their father had been right and the food was very different but it tasted really good.
 
They all paid Kagome complements on the food and told her that she should cook more often. Kagome blushed as she said, “No I still like the food that the kitchen staff makes for us, but I promise that I will try to cook one meal a week for all of you. It will be something that I have eaten in my era that way you can try it before anyone else does.”
 
They all agreed with this statement. They would eagerly wait for her cooking to see what her favorite foods were.
 
To Kagome's amazement Sesshomaru had eaten all of her food. When they were all done they all went for a walk in the garden before they retired for the night. When she was alone with her mate she asked in a shy voice, “Sesshomaru? Did you really enjoy the food that I made or did you eat it because it was a promise that you had made to me?”
 
Kagome waited for his answer she wanted him to be truthful with her.
 
Sesshomaru looked at this mate as he sensed the sincerity of her question. She truly wanted to know if he liked the food or just ate it because he said he would. He held her close to his side as he said, “I really enjoyed your food Kagome. It was different and it had a wonderful taste to it. It didn't smell like some of the food that is cooked in the castle. This was different and I can see now why you like to eat this food.”
 
Kagome smiled when she heard his answer. He was being truthful with her and she sensed it. It made her happy that he liked what she cooked. She yawned as her mate noticed and picked her up in his arms. She rested her head on his chest as they went inside the castle. Her walk in the garden was over once he felt how tired she was.
 
He went up to their bedchambers as they retired for the night.
~oOo~
 
The weeks passed and Kagome was not moving around as much. It was difficult for her and she would be in pain from standing any amount of time. Sesshomaru would have to come and help her through her discomforts, as he would rub her lower back to make the pain go away.
 
They had placed a comfortable chair in the garden for her because she would not stay in bed all day. She was surrounded by all of her female guards and they were very protective of her. They would see to all of her needs and made sure that she rested. When their lord was detained for any reason they would make sure that they took her back inside to lay down and rest.
 
Kagome had been told that during the birthing of her pup that Sesshomaru would not be allowed to enter the room. They have learned from experience that it would upset the female and some of the things the female would say while she was giving birth was not something that their lord would want to hear.
 
Kagome giggled when she was told this. She knew in her era men were allowed to be with their mates when they gave birth. It made them a part of the process and they got to experience the child's birth. It also made them see what their mates went through to produce a pup. There would be a new level of understanding that it was a painful process and that they should be grateful for everything that they went through.
 
Kagome had told them that they would not be able to stop her mate from being in the same room with her. She told them to let him be in there because she would not have control of her powers and he would be the only one to control them.
 
The demonesses never knew this and they had to change their plans. The room they have selected was a soothing one. It was dark and it made the perfect place for Kagome to give birth. If the pup was born during the day they didn't want the harsh light to hurt its eyes. They put everything they needed in the room, as they were ready for when the pup was born.
 
A month after they had left the Southern Lands Nasume and Inuyasha arrived at the Western Lands. They came there by Inuyasha's demonic cloud as they landed gently in the courtyard.
 
Sesshomaru came out to greet them as he saw his brother land. He smirked as he said, “So Inuyasha you have learned how to form the demonic cloud to travel. It was about time. At least I didn't have to teach you how to do that.”
 
Inuyasha snorted as he said, “I can do a lot of things now that I couldn't do before. But I promised my mate I would behave while I was here and I won't break that promise to her.”
 
Sesshomaru turned his gaze to Nasume as he said, “Welcome back Nasume. Kagome has missed you. She is in the garden with her guards if you want to see her.”
 
Nasume looked at her mate with hopeful eyes as Inuyasha nodded for her to leave and go and see Kagome. She bowed to Sesshomaru as she left to go see her friends.
 
Inuyasha watched as Nasume left his side. He was truly happy now that he was mated to her. They were powerful together and maybe in the future they would have some pups to call their own, but for now he was happy. He turned his attention to his brother as he saw his weariness. He could tell that he was tired as he asked, “Have you been having problems with Kagome? You look really tired.”
 
Sesshomaru sighed as he said, “Kagome has been in a lot of pain lately. She is not mobile at the moment. I have to carry her everywhere she needs to go. Her back gives out because of the weight of the pup. She has been restless at night and won't sleep.”
 
They had walked inside the castle in order to let the women talk. They knew that they would be at it for a while since they have not seen each other for over a month. They arrived at Sesshomaru study as they went in and sat down.
 
“I have not been able to leave the castle to go and check my lands. I'm afraid to leave her for any period of time thinking she might go into labor. I have to be here for her because she will lose control of her powers. She has already warn me about it because she can feel her control slipping.” Said Sesshomaru as he was sitting behind his desk. He closed his eyes to rest them from everything he has had to deal with lately.
 
Inuyasha understood what his brother was going through as he said, “Well I'm here now so I can go out and check your lands to make sure everything is all right. If Kagome has already warned you that her control is slipping then you need to be close to her. She might hurt someone and that would hurt her more than anything.”
 
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru continued talking as they came up with a plan that will allow Inuyasha to check his lands and make sure that everything is all right.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume was happy when her mate gave her permission to leave his side and go and see Kagome. She had to put up with him being possessive until their bonding was permanent. She has been happy with him though, he is everything that she hoped he would be and he made her happy.
 
Nasume finally found Kagome as she saw her resting in a large comfortable chair. Pillows surrounded her as she finally made it by her side. She looked at Kagome and noticed that she was a lot bigger than the last time she had seen her. She looked to be in pain as her eyes reflected her emotions. She became concerned as she said, “Kagome, what's wrong? Are you in much pain?”
 
Kagome turned her head as she picked up a familiar scent. She knew that Nasume was here in the castle and she was coming to see her. When she finally got to her tears of joy were coming from her eyes as she smiled at her best friend. She had missed her and she looked very happy.
 
She heard Nasume's question as she said, “No Nasume I'm not in that much pain. The pup would lie on a nerve and it will sometimes pinch it. It's very uncomfortable and it's irritating.”
 
Nasume sat down by Kagome as they talked. She had missed these long talks with her friend as they caught up with everything that has been happening. They spent hours in the garden when their mates decided to show up.
 
Kagome looked up as she saw her mate and Inuyasha coming towards them. She smiled as she greeted them.
 
Sesshomaru leaned down and kissed his mate as he said to her, “Kagome, its time that you went inside. You have been out here for hours and you grow weak. You need to rest for a while. You can talk to Nasume later.”
 
He saw the sadness in her eyes as she agreed to his request. He picked her up in his arms as he took her back to their room. He laid her down and she instantly fell asleep once her head hit the pillow. He stayed by her side as he thought, `This little one is taking a lot of her energy away. I just hope that she is strong enough to give birth to it.'
 
Sesshomaru had noticed that Kagome's energy has not been the same since Koga took her. She would act like she was all right but you can see her aura grow weaker. He had asked the castle healers if she was all right. Koga had injured her and he was afraid that he might have damaged something inside of her.
 
They had said that everything appeared normal and that she was doing well. The pup seemed to be healthy and actively moving.
 
He sat by her side for a while when he heard a knock on the door. He got up and answered it to make sure he wouldn't wake her. There was a servant standing there waiting for him as he growled and said, “This better be important you know I hate to leave my mate when she is resting.”
 
The servant shook in fear as he said, “Excuse me milord but you have a visitor and they say it's important. They can't wait and have requested to see you.”
 
Sesshomaru growled he didn't want to be disturbed when he was with Kagome. She was close to giving birth and he needed to be with her. He sensed that it would be soon and there was always someone that needed to see him. He left his chambers to see what was so important that he had to be disturbed.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome was in a deep sleep. She had sensed when her mate had left her side because he was being summoned. He was irritated because he had to leave her but she understood. He was very important and he needed to tend to the matters of the land. She could still take care of herself if need be.
 
Kagome felt when her body started to shift and change. It was a strange feeling, as it was getting ready for something. Her aura flared as it surrounded her in its light. Slowly she started to feel pain on her stomach. At first it was a dull ache and she didn't think anything of it. It was enough to wake her from her sleep but not enough to alarm the whole castle that she was going into labor.
 
She felt as her stomach started getting hard and then it would go away. She thought this strange because she had been told that she would have pain when she gave birth. She rubbed her stomach as she soothed the pup within her. It seemed to be upset at something and it took comfort from her attention.
 
Kagome would drift in and out of sleep for the rest of the day. Every time someone came to check on her she was sleeping. When they would leave her alone she would notice that her stomach would get hard again and then stop. She had no idea what was going on but she would have to ask someone soon.
 
Then the dull ache came back when her stomach would get hard. It would go away when it stopped. It continued for a while longer when the pain started to harder. She knew now that she was in labor and she needed help. Her mate was not with her and Mina had been sent to do something else at the moment.
 
She was breathing hard as she remembered some of the books that she had absorbed in her time. It gave detail instructions on how she should breathe when she went into labor. It would help her to deal with her pain as the contractions became intense.
 
She tried to get up out of bed but found that she had no strength. She couldn't move as the pain began to get worse. She whimpered as she started getting scared that something might happen. She knew that she could birth her pup on her own but if she had any problems she would not be able to deal with them.
 
At that moment another contraction hit her as she heard a knock on her door. She was too busy breathing to say anything to the person on the other side. Her only hope was that they would open the door to see if she was all right.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume had not seen Kagome for hours. She had seen Sesshomaru going toward his study to see about a guest that requested to see him. She understood from what Kagome had told her that he would usually stay with her while she rested but he was not with her at the moment.
 
She had seen Mina running to another part of the castle as she was sent on an errand. So there was no one watching Kagome at the moment.
 
She decided to see if she was awake and needed company as she made her way to her chambers. When she got there she knocked on the door and waited. She was about to leave, thinking that she might be asleep, when she heard how hard she was breathing.
 
This was not normal for her as she opened the door slowly so she could see what was going on. Her eyes went wide when she noticed that Kagome had gone into labor and no one knew.
 
Nasume called to the nearest servant as she said, “Run quickly and get the castle healer up here! Lady Kagome has gone into labor.”
 
The servant having heard that the lady of the castle was about to give birth rushed to get the healer as the castle came alive.
 
Nasume quickly walked to her friends bed as she said, “Kagome, the healers are coming. They should be here in a minute.”
 
Kagome understood as she went through another contraction. This one was worse than the last and it lasted longer. She was still breathing hard when the healers finally arrived to check her. She was about to give birth as they grabbed Kagome and went to the birthing chambers.
 
The healers quickly made it to the chambers as they got her ready to give birth. They had put something on her back to make her feel better and lessen the pain. Kagome had mixed a paste that she could use that would dull her senses to the pain. She needed to concentrate on what she was going to do.
 
They had removed her clothes as they put a sheet over her body to make sure that she was covered and they had easy access to the pup. She continued to breath hard as she concentrated on the pain she was going through.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume saw that the healers were taking Kagome to the birthing chambers that they had set up. She needed to find Sesshomaru and tell him what was going on. She reached his study as she quickly knocked and went inside. She didn't want to wait to be let in as she spotted Sesshomaru sitting behind his desk as she said, “Kagome has gone into labor.”
 
She saw a flash of white leave the study and knew that Sesshomaru was heading toward his mate. Nasume then turned as she went to find her mate to tell him what was going on.
 
Sesshomaru raced through the castle as he picked up on Kagome's aura. She was no longer in their chambers as he raced to her location. He knew where the birthing chambers were as he finally made it there.
 
He about broke the door in two as he saw his mate in pain. He rushed to her side as he held her close to his chest. He didn't pick her up but he offered her his comfort.
 
Kagome's aura flared and the healers had enough time to jump back before they were purified. She had lost control of her powers and was now on her own. They saw as their lord held on to her to calm her. His golden teardrop turned blue as it fought with her powers to get them under control.
 
He was not hurt and was the only one that could be near her when her miko powers went out of control. His aura flared to cover her in its blue light as slowly he got her under control. She was in a great deal of pain as she was about to give birth to their pup.
 
When the barrier finally went down the healers rushed forward as they started to get her ready to push. She was close as her water broke to make way for the pup.
 
Sesshomaru now understood what his mate had meant when she said that she could pick up the scent of a female about to give birth. This scent was very different and very strong. It had the scent of life as it made its way out of the mother.
 
Once Kagome's water broke the labor pains became intense. She felt the need to push and she did. When the next pain came she pushed with all her might. She continued until the pain subsided and fell back on her mate's chest. She was still breathing hard when the next pain came and she pushed.
 
Slowly she could feel her pup coming out. She was being stretched wide as she continued to push. Then all of a sudden she felt when her stomach emptied and the pain was gone. She had closed her eyes from exhaustion as she continued to breath. Soon she heard the sound of her pups cry as she slowly opened her eyes.
 
She saw as they had placed the pup on her stomach to calm it. She purred and the pup responded in kind. The pup's scent proclaimed it to be a he as she gazed upon her son. He had his father's features, he had short silver hair but at the tips of his hair they were blue/black in color. He had pointed ears on the side of his head. He had two purple stripes on each side of his cheeks and on his forehead he held the blue crescent moon and right next to it he had a golden teardrop.
 
When he yawned he had four little fangs that could be clearly seen. His little claws were gently scratching at her stomach. Then Kagome felt a rush of weakness as she fell unconscious in her mate's arms. Darkness quickly took her as the room she was in went into a state of panic.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru watched as his mate finally give birth to their pup. He watched with fascination as she pushed their pup out of her stomach. He saw as the pup's head came out first. The healers were doing something to the pup as he let a growl escape his chest. He had no idea what they were doing but he would make sure that they did not hurt his pup.
 
They got ready as Kagome pushed again and he felt when she fell back breathing hard. The pup was finally out and he noticed that it was a male. He smiled at his mate for giving him an heir and a son. The love that he had for his mate grew ten fold when he saw this precious gift. He now had a family of his own and his son will one day rule the Western Lands.
 
He watched as they placed the pup on Kagome's stomach to settle it down. He saw her smiling weakly at her son as she looked at him. He saw her looking at the crescent moon and teardrop on his forehead.
 
He thought this to be strange because all pups were born without their markings. It was the father's responsibility to release their markings when they were old enough to present them to their pack as their heir.
 
His son already had his markings this only meant that he was very powerful in his own right. Born from the powerful inu youkai line of his father and his mother a pure heart miko and demoness, and add to that she was his soul mate made the pup powerful at this young age.
 
He felt the increased weakness come over his mate as she fell unconscious in his arms. Her weakness was so great that it took him with her. He fell unconscious with his mate as he held her in his arms.
 
~oOo~
 
The room erupted in a state of panic when they saw that their lord had also blacked out with his mate. They expected that Kagome would go unconscious from giving birth but they never figured that she would be weakened so much as to take their lord with her.
 
One of the healers rushed out of the room as he started to look for the others that were waiting to hear about the pup. When he stepped out of the room he saw his lords brother as he said, “Milord, something has happened to your brother. Milady finally gave birth to her son and when she went unconscious so did Lord Sesshomaru. We know that they are soul mates and we don't know what to do.”
 
Inuyasha became alarmed as he heard the healer's words. This was not good if Sesshomaru went unconscious. He rushed into the room as he looked at his brother. He immediately noticed that he didn't have Tenseiga with him. He turned to his mate and said, “Nasume, go back to Kagome's chambers and get Sesshomaru's sword. Grab the one with the blue tassels on it because the other is Tokijin and it will hurt you.”
 
Nasume heard her mate's orders as she rushed from the room to get the sword that he wanted. Inuyasha stepped forward as he took off his sword and laid it on top of his brother. It pulsed to life as it glowed a golden color. He knew that his sword would give him strength to keep Kagome on this plain. It was the best he could do until Tenseiga was brought to him.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was floating in a black abyss as he opened his eyes. He had no idea where he was or why he was here. He knew that he held something close to his chest and he knew it was his mate. She was weak and she was slowly slipping away from him.
 
He held her tight as he fed her some of his energy. He was getting weaker by the minute as he tried to hold on to her. He felt a surge of power as it gave him a renewed strength to keep her with him.
 
This power felt familiar to him when he finally realized where this power was coming from. It was the power of Tetsusaiga. His brother must be trying to help him stay in the mortal world. He knew that he didn't have Tenseiga with him and he wondered if his brother knew where to find it. He continued to float as he held on to his mate. He needed to give her strength so she could stay with him.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume rushed back to Kagome's chambers and when she entered the room she walked to the opposite side of were the bed stood and hit a secret place on the wall. Kagome had shown her were this room was just in case they needed to get to Sesshomaru's swords. He never left them out because he always hid them from his enemies. She saw as the door opened and she looked for the swords. They were sitting on the racks as she saw the sword with the blue tassels and grabbed it.
 
She ran back out of the room with the sword in her hands as she raced back to Kagome and Sesshomaru. She was hoping that they were still alive as she arrived in the room where her friend was located.
 
When she stepped in she saw a soft golden light encircle both Kagome and Sesshomaru. Her mate's sword was the one creating the aura. She handed the sword to her mate as she watched what he was going to do.
 
Inuyasha took the sword from his mate as he pulled it from the sheath. It pulsed to life in his hands as he placed it on his brother's body. Tenseiga glowed an eerie blue as it surrounded Sesshomaru and Kagome with its light. It continued to pulse with Tetsusaiga as both swords feed their strength to Kagome and Sesshomaru.
 
Inuyasha saw what the swords were doing as he reached down and added his power to the swords. He feed it his energy in order to bring back his brother. He had no desire to rule the west and his nephew needed his mother.
 
The crescent moon and teardrop on Sesshomaru's forehead started to glow as he was receiving the power that his brother offered him.
 
Nasume saw what her mate was doing as she stepped forward and placed her hand on the swords. Her aura flared as a tremendous amount of power came forth and engulfed them all. She wanted to help as she released her true powers to bring back her best friend and sister.
 
Sesshomaru felt a great serge of power go through his body. He felt the strength that he got as he channeled it to his mate.
 
Kagome moved in his arms as she slowly started to get stronger. She opened her eyes to see that she was floating with Sesshomaru in a black void. She had no idea what happened as she said, “Sesshomaru were are we?”
 
When Sesshomaru heard Kagome speak to him he was overcome with joy. She was back with him as he said, “We must be in between the mortal world and the after life. You were so weak from giving birth that you brought us here. Inuyasha must have found Tenseiga because I feel its power being added to my own. But I never knew that my sword held all this power.”
 
Kagome concentrated, as she said, “No mate Nasume is adding her power to the swords and that is the power that you feel. She does not want us to go to the after life so she is helping your brother hold us to the mortal plain. We should leave this place and go back home. I want my pup.”
 
Sesshomaru couldn't agree more with his mate as he concentrated. He took them both back to the mortal plain.
 
Inuyasha saw the tremendous amount of power that his mate had. She released it as she gave her strength to help his brother and Kagome. She didn't want them to leave this world as she anchored them to this plain.
 
Inuyasha saw, as his mate was getting weak. He reached out with his arm as he caught her before she fell. He held her in his arms as he looked at his brother with concern. The power that Nasume had feed the swords was still being feed to Sesshomaru, as his markings were getting brighter. He continued to watch as he saw his brother start to move.
 
Slowly Sesshomaru opened his eyes. He saw the look of concern in his brother's eyes as he looked at Kagome. She was still not awake as he nuzzled her to see if she would wake up. Her breathing was becoming stronger as her heart rate increased. Tenseiga flared as it engulfed her body in a blue aura and healed her internal wounds.
 
The battle she had fought with Koga had done some damage to her body. She was keeping the pain at bay until the pup was born. But once her body went through the pains of childbirth the injuries he had caused when she hit the ground hard came back with a vengeance. It weakened her to the point of death if it were not for her mate. His strength along with his brother's and Nasume's held her to the mortal world as she fought to come back.
 
Once Tenseiga had healed all of Kagome's wounds she started to open her eyes. She was tired but she was back with the people that she loved. She smiled at her mate as she said to everyone in the room, “Thank you all.”
 
She turned her head and noticed that Nasume was unconscious in Inuyasha's arm and became worried for her friend. “Inuyasha is Nasume all right?”
 
Inuyasha smiled, he never knew how close both these women were to each other. They could truly be sisters for they cared about each other. “Yes Kagome Nasume is fine. She is just tired from giving all of her energy to the swords. She wanted you to stay with her.”
 
Kagome smiled as she turned to the healers and said, “Where is my pup?”
 
One healer stepped forward with a small bundle in his arms as he gave the pup to Kagome. She uncovered him as she let everyone see what he looked like. They were all surprised that he had his markings as Inuyasha said, “Sesshomaru? Aren't pups supposed to be born without their markings? Why does your pup have his?”
 
Sesshomaru thought about this as he said, “Yes, normally a pup is born without any markings at all. It is the father's responsibility to bring out the markings and then introduce him or her to his pack as their heir. The only thing that I can come up with is that he is very powerful in his own right. He comes from our father's bloodline, which is very strong in itself. His mother is a pure heart miko and demoness. That along with the fact that she is my soul mate makes him very powerful. Remember brother that we release their markings when they have reach a certain power level and then their training begins.”
 
Inuyasha nodding his understanding of why his nephew had his markings, he had to admit that the pup looked exactly like his brother. He just hoped that Kagome would teach him how to care and not let him be cold like his brother. He knew that his brother wasn't that cold but when he dealt with others he was.
 
They all noticed that the pup was starting to fuss as he was looking for something to eat. It was their queue to leave them alone to tend to him. They all congratulated Sesshomaru on his son as they left.
 
Once the door was closed Kagome moved her son to her breast as he started to eat. The first time he lashed on he bit her as she growled at her son. He loosened his hold on her as he settled to eat. She looked at her son as he feed. He had a very strong appetite as he was drinking everything she had for him in one breast. She soon had to switch him to the other as he settled to eat again.
 
Sesshomaru watched with fascination. He saw as Kagome brought the pup to her breast so he could feed. When he bit her he was about to tell her how to make him loosen his hold when she growled at her son. He saw as the pup loosened his hold on his mother as he settled down to eat. For a little one he was very hungry. Now he knew why she ate all that raw meat that he had brought up to their room.
 
He watched as she switch him to the other breast as he continued to feed. Kagome rested her head on his chest as he brought his arm around her and held her close to his heart. His inner inu was happy to see the new addition to their pack. He was proud of their son as he purred his containment.
 
Kagome felt as the pup's enthusiasm was slowing down. He was getting full and he was going back to sleep. She purred as she lulled her son back to sleep when he let go of her breast. He was asleep again as she gazed upon the wonderful sight in her arms. He was her son, now she knew what it felt like to have a child of her own.
 
She breathed out deeply as she said to her mate, “Sesshomaru what are we going to call him?”
 
Sesshomaru thought about her question as he said, “Why don't we call him Seishiro?”
 
She thought about this name as she said, “I like Seishiro. I think it's the perfect name for him.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled as they named his son Seishiro. Then he heard his mate say, “Sesshomaru, can we go back to our room?”
 
He complied with his mate's wishes as he grabbed her along with his son and walked back to their room. Once in their chambers Kagome settled down to rest. She was curled on her side with the pup tucked against her chest. He laid down next to her as he wrapped his tail around her and their son as he fell asleep with them in his arms.
 
His family was now complete as he had his son and mate safe in his arms. Now he truly understood what his father had meant by did he have something to protect.
 
~oOo~
 
This is the end to another chapter. Sesshomaru now has a son to call his own and he has an heir for his lands. Inuyasha is now mated to Nasume and she is very powerful in her own right.
 
I wanted to thank Advi for providing me with a list of names for Sesshomaru's pup. I liked this one and thought that it would match the pup perfectly.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!