InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ Arigato ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Welcome to the fifth chapter of Forget-Me-Not! Thanks to all of those who reviewed! I thought over some of your suggestions on Naraku, and decided to do some of each idea. Well, except for that one where Naraku and Inuyasha get together, that just wouldn't fit. Sorry Katana-Kun! ^_^; If it makes you feel any better, I actually thought about how to put it into my story! But Naraku won't be in THIS chapter, maybe in the next. I don't know. . .well anyways, enjoy!

Disclaimer: If you think I own Inuyasha, then you don't think much don't you? If at all.

Chapter 5: Arigato

It was early. Rays of the morning sun barely peeked over the horizon, as the group of Shard Hunters continued drifting in the dream realm. One of them was not asleep however. Sesshomaru was awake, and watching over everyone as they slept. Or rather, watching one particular miko as she slept.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her. What she had said the other night still plagued his mind, and he spent most of the night trying to figure her out instead of sleeping. It didn't help though, and he was still thoroughly confused.

"Kagome, why do you irk me so?" he whispered to the wind, as if hoping she would hear his question in her dream. Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow when she moaned slightly in her sleep. `Maybe she DID hear it. . .' He frowned though, when he saw her shift in her sleep to pull the little kitsune closer to her body, snuggling him close.

`Grrrr, he's marring her scent!' He almost made a move to rip the kit off of her to keep her tantalizing aroma clean. Sesshomaru mentally slapped himself when he realized what ran through his mind. `What am I thinking? Why should I care? It's not like I enjoy it!' He tried to push all related thoughts of the miko aside, and instead focused on Rin, who was sleeping near Kagome as well.

She wiggled a little closer to Kagome, hoping to receive more warmth from the older girl. For the first time, Sesshomaru could see that Rin was truly content. `Could this have been the miko's doing as well?' He sighed when he felt the tiny little pricks of a forming headache. Why couldn't he keep his mind off of her? He could not let a mere human-his brother's wench at that, to overtake his mind.

`When I leave, so will these thoughts of Kagome,' he assured himself, rubbing his temples slightly. But somewhere in the back of his mind, lingered a shadow of doubt.

~ ^_^ ~

"More ramen, please!" Rin held out her bowl expectantly for Kagome to refill, giving off her unusually wide toothy grin. Kagome giggled and took the bowl to give the little girl seconds. Breakfast went by surprisingly without any complications. Even Jaken seemed to be content with his own bowl of noodles. `Probably trying to get the wormy taste out of his mouth. . .'

Kagome was pleased to see the two brothers not fighting for once, although she could still see them staring daggers at each other from time to time. She looked at Inuyasha, and then to Sesshomaru. `Those two are so different from each other, but in some ways, they're so much alike. . .' Kagome mused over this thought for a while, until she felt a gentle tug on her sleeve.

She looked down to see Shippo, looking at her with big puppy-dog-eyes.

"Kagome? Are you gonna finish that?" He pointed to Kagome's half-full bowl, which she had forgotten she still had.

"No, Shippo-chan, you can have it."

"Yay!" he pounced into her lap, and began eating the rest of her breakfast.

Sesshomaru watched her out of the corner of his eye, as she conversed playfully with the children. `She would make an excellent mother someday.' Again he shook himself. `Why are all of these thoughts beginning to manifest?' he was frustrated, very. Just yesterday she was just an acquaintance, his brother's wench. But now, she's an all out enigma, one that never ceased to intrigue the taiyoukai.

Kagome could feel holes boring into her back. She turned around to find Sesshomaru's intense gaze upon her. He blinked when he realized she had caught him staring. Kagome gave him a small, but warm smile. She was quickly taken back when he growled and turned sharply away from her. `Frosty,' was the first word that popped into her head.

She sighed, then turned her attention back to Rin and Shippo. `But then again, what did I expect? He's the ice prince.' Rin slurped up the rest of the soup before dragging Shippo to the flower field to play. Their bowls lay in a forgotten heap on the ground. `Rin,' she thought. `If he was able to care enough to take Rin in, then he couldn't be unmeltable.'

"Kagome!" She turned to face Inuyasha.

"Don't you think we should start looking for shards again? I mean, it's been two days! We should already be off if it weren't for Sesshomaru," he said his brother's name as if it was dripping poison. Kagome sighed.

"I know, but you just have to wait a little longer, we'll leave today, promise!" She stuck out her pinky at him. He looked confusedly down at it. She giggled, of course he didn't know how to pinky swear. She grabbed his hand and linked her own pinky in his, giving it a light shake and smiling brightly up at him.

~ ^_^ ~

"Pinky promise, so I won't break it no matter what!" Inuyasha blushed slightly at their still linked fingers.

"Okay," he sighed, trying to sound annoyed with her. Kagome nodded at him before releasing his pinky, her face slightly flushed also.

Sesshomaru watched the scene from a distance. He fought a growl threatening to spill from his lips at the sight of the two. It didn't make any sense to him why she was so loyal to the mutt. Not to mention, he wasn't deserving of it. The growl escaped when he saw her give him one of her award-winning smiles. He felt that his brother was even more undeserving of her smiles.

`NO! I don't care what kind of relationship she has with that bastard! She's just another filthy human that my brother has chosen for his plaything!' His mind recalled the undead miko that Inuyasha loved before. It disgusted him. Even more so when he realized that he replaced her with someone who looked exactly like her too. Kagome deserved better. `Grrr!' He wanted to stop thinking of her NOW.

"Jaken!" the little toad scurried forth at his master's call.

"Yes, m'Lord?"

"Get Rin, we're leaving now," he said, voice unwavering. Kagome heard his order to the toad, and ran to Sesshomaru.

"Wait!" He looked coldly down at her. `What does she want, now?' She shifted under his heated gaze, and looked nervously up into his golden orbs.

"Can't you let Rin play just for a little longer?" He narrowed his eyes at the request. He turned his attention to a complaining Rin who was being dragged by Jaken. "Please? I'm willing to bet anything that she doesn't get to play with others her age that often."

He observed Kagome carefully, then looked down at Rin, who was giving him a pleading look.

"Pretty please, Sesshomaru-sama? Rin doesn't want to leave yet." He sighed. Yes, Rin was making him go soft. He closed his eyes wearily, and nodded.

"Arigato! Sesshomaru-sama!" Rin said happily, hugging his leg before running back to Shippo.

"Yes, thank you, Sesshomaru," he opened his eyes to once again look at Kagome, who was beaming at him. He wasn't sure, but he felt a lurch somewhere in the pit of his stomach. Sesshomaru watched as she followed the children to the fields, and decided to follow her.

They both stopped a good distance from them, just perfect enough for them to keep an eye on the playful tykes. He sighed, why had he given in? It used to be that whatever he said, goes. Now one miko says she wants otherwise and he gives in. Why? He found himself wondering about Kagome again, why couldn't he figure her out?

"Sesshomaru-sama," He turned to look at her. "Where will you go, once you leave us?"

"Back to the Western Lands." He answered indifferently.

"Oh."

"Understand this, once we part, we will be enemies once more," he stated. Kagome nodded.

"I know," he was surprised to hear a hint of sadness in her voice. "But while you're here, we're all allies," she turned to him, restating what she had said the day before. He continued to gaze at her through emotionless eyes. Though inside confusion consumed him.

"Oh! I forgot to remove your bandages!" She clapped her hands together at her realization.

"I can remove them myself." He retorted. Did she think that he was incapable of doing so? He saw her face fault.

"Yeah, but there's something I wanted to. . ." Her voice trailed off. He quirked an eyebrow at her. Sesshomaru began to let his imagination take over to finish that sentence. He mentally shook himself, disgusted at himself for even thinking such thoughts. Still, he looked at her curiously.

He saw her blush when she realized how she phrased her sentence. She gave him a look that said "Not THAT, ya hentai!"

"You'll see," was all she said. He never took his eyes off her, but instead began to undo his armor and upper kimono like he usually would for her to rewrap his bandages. He heard her gasp, and was slightly pleased that he still had that effect on her.

He felt her delicate fingers work to unwrap the bandages. He still felt the tingling sensation when she touched him, and surprisingly quite enjoyed it. When she was done, she gave a satisfied smile.

"All better! No scar or anything!" She ran her fingers over his skin where the wound used to be, marveling at his amazing recovery, and flawless skin. Sesshomaru found himself once again suppressing a groan.

It became more difficult to suppress when he felt her hand move up from his side, traveling across to his chest and brushing past his shoulder blades. `Gods, what is she doing?' Sesshomaru closed his eyes. His body felt like it was on fire! He felt her hand rest upon his stub of an arm, and his eyes snapped open.

Kagome was looking at it like she had the first night, sadness clouded over her eyes. `It's my fault that this happened.' She closed her eyes and focused all of her miko powers into one thought. Sesshomaru watched with widened eyes as Kagome began to take on a pinkish glow.

His head snapped to look at his stub, where he felt most of her powers focusing and collecting upon. Warmth began to engulf him. Not just his arm, but his entire body. Sesshomaru could've sworn it felt like floating. All the while, he never took his gaze off of Kagome. He watched in amazement as a distinguishable arm began appearing from the tip of his stub. `Strange,' he thought. He had always imagined that his arm would grow back instead of just appearing.

When she was done, she opened her eyes and stared dazedly at Sesshomaru.

"Ha! Knew I could do it. . ." she said triumphantly before collapsing. Sesshomaru caught her with his newly formed arm and cradled her against his chest. Why had she done that? He examined her peaceful face and brushed away a stray lock of hair from her face.

"Sesshomaru!" An angry voice reached his ears. `Inuyasha.' Indeed, his half-brother landed right in front of him. Inuyasha looked suspiciously at Sesshomaru, then his eyes widened when he saw an unconscious Kagome in his arms. `Wait, arms?'

"What did you do to her?" He asked through gritted teeth. Sesshomaru stood up calmly, still holding the passed out girl. Inuyasha gave a threatening growl before snatching Kagome from Sesshomaru's grasp.

"ANSWER ME!" He demanded.

"I have done nothing to your precious Kagome, dear brother," he spoke the words bitterly. "But rather, what she did for me." Inuyasha's eyes widened in realization as Sesshomaru held up to examine his newly formed arm. It was perfect, right down to the two purple stripes.

Inuyasha clutched onto Kagome tightly. `Kagome. . . did that?' Emotions began to swirl in his head. Confusion, bewilderment, anger, and most of all. . . jealousy?

Sesshomaru inwardly smirked when he sensed Inuyasha's rage flaring. He calmly slipped his upper kimono and armor back on, then walked closer to Kagome. Inuyasha growled and hung onto her possessively, daring him to come any closer. Sesshomaru glared at him, `He acts as if she is his mate!' He growled at the thought, but stopped when he heard Rin and Shippo coming near.

"Sesshomaru-sama, look at all the flowers that we. . ." Both of them ran over to Inuyasha, who still held Kagome.

"What happened? Is Kagome-neesan gonna be okay?" Rin asked with worried eyes. Inuyasha glared at his brother, as if to say, `This is all your fault.' Sesshomaru ignored this however, and went to pat Rin's head reassuringly.

"Hai Rin, she will be fine. She's just resting." Rin sighed in relief, and began tracing Kagome's features `Kagome-neesan looks like an angel!' She giggled. Shippo pounced onto Inuyasha's shoulder, gazing sadly down at her.

"Momma?" At the sound of his voice Kagome began to stir. Inuyasha put her down to lie on the grass, as she opened her eyes to the world around her. She blinked.

"Why is everyone looking at me like that?"

"Kagome, Are you okay?" Inuyasha asked, worried as he checked her over for any injuries.

"Hai. I'm just a little tired." Sesshomaru stared intently down at her. She looked up at him, and gave him a weary smile.

"That's good to know, now mind telling me what you were thinking giving back my bastard of a brother his arm back?!" Inuyasha's caring demeanor was stripped away in a second as his voice turned hurt and accusing.

"I. . .uh. . .well, it's like this," She continued to stutter for an answer, as Inuyasha's temper began to climb. Sesshomaru too was curios to know what her answer would be. Miroku was watching with interest as well, and could tell that Kagome could use a little help.

"Inuyasha, Kagome has been through enough for one morning, why don't we let her rest for a while?" Inuyasha glared at the monk, before turning away.

"Feh." Was all he said before taking off into a nearby tree to brood. Kagome mouthed a silent "Thank You" to Miroku, who nodded. Then a sudden perverted look came over his face. `All you have to do to repay me is to bear my child!' he thought, and was about to say it aloud when he caught Sango giving him a nasty look. `Maybe another time.'

~ ^_^ ~

Sesshomaru had decided to stay just a while longer, at least until Kagome recovered. It was the least he could do after everything she had done for him. `And in exchange for nothing too.' He watched her as she sat by the riverbank, deep in thought. He landed near her, she turned to look up at him.

"Like the present?" Kagome asked jokingly.

"Why?" It was all he could say. He knew she knew what he meant.

". . ." Before she could answer, Rin ran up to her, holding a bouquet of blue flowers.

"Look, Kagome-neesan!" She held up one for her to see. "It matches Kagome-neesan's eyes!" Kagome smiled warmly at Rin and took the flower in her hand.

"Rin-chan, do you know what this flower is called?" She shook her head. "It's called a Forget-Me-Not."

"Why is it called that?"

"Because people give it to the ones they love so they won't forget about them." Rin looked at the flowers in her hands, and broke out into a huge grin.

"Rin's gonna keep this flower, so Rin will remember Kagome-neesan forever and ever!" Kagome laughed at this, and gave Rin a hug. Sesshomaru watched them with a sparked interest. It was endearing. He wanted to learn more about Kagome, and even though he knew it was unfit for him to do so. Was that so wrong? Sesshomaru shook off the thoughts. `No, this ends today.'

"Rin, are you ready to leave?" She nodded and ran to his side. He called for Jaken, who scurried to Sesshomaru's side as well. Inuyasha and the others watched as a puffy white cloud began to form at Sesshomaru's feet.

Kagome stepped toward Sesshomaru, and held out the "Forget-Me-Not" flower that she still clutched in her hand. He looked confusedly at her for a moment.

"Remember me, ne?" He stood there shocked, before slowly reaching out to accept the flower. Sesshomaru examined it for a while.

`When I leave, so will these thoughts. When I leave, so will these thoughts. When I leave. . .' he had tried to convince himself, but now, the thought of leaving suddenly pained him a little. He tried to find reasons for him to stay for a little while longer, just to figure out why she had such an affect on him.

He considered for a moment to feign an injury, and have her care for him once more, but thought rather childish of it. Finding that he had no real reasons, he decided to leave. The cloud began to lift from the ground, but before he took off, he turned to Kagome.

"Arigato," he said in his monotone voice. Although his face remained emotionless, Kagome could see a flicker of emotion in his eyes for a split second. He had THANKED HER! Much to her and everyone's surprise. Even Inuyasha almost fell out of his tree.

Kagome gave him one of her genuine smiles.

"Sure, Sesshomaru-sama." With that, he left, his cloud leaving wisps of silver trailing behind.

End Chapter ^_^

Whoa! That was definitely one of my longer chapters! I'm sure many of you will notice that the pace has picked up here. Please don't be mad! It's just that now I've decided that it's time for Sesshomaru to move into his debating/confused state. But this is not, I repeat, NOT because I'm rushing into the lemon. In fact, the lemon still won't come until waaaay later. For those of you who are wondering, Kagome has absolutely NO idea about what's she's doing to our two favorite Inu-Youkai's! ^_^ Making her oblivious makes it so much funner! All the other characters you've mentioned before will come in later chapters! But hey, at least I got the arm part down. LOL.

Read + Review = ^_^ Me ^_^ = More Chapters!

Review Responses:

Spork or Foon: Well, I only hope that my fic will always be here to offer you comfort from the harsh trials of school.

AiVixen: Wai! So flattered! But honestly, your fic must be sooo much better. Plus you've done this longer than I have, and have more experience, so technically, you're the one belittling me! ^_^ Sorry, I look up to you. . .

Tansnn: Don't worry, this IS a Sess/Kag fic, so of course Sesshomaru gets Kagome in the end! Just hang on a lil' longer for it, `kay?

Blue-Saiyan-Angel: Well, the hidden jealousy's not really all that hidden anymore, ^_^; But don't worry, Sesshy's still in denial!

The Fallen Angel of Death: C'mon! What kind of Sess/Kag fan doesn't know about you? We've all read at least one of your fics! I honestly think you should post up more! On "A Single Spark" as well! Thanks for your review! ^_^ By the way, I DID put that little suggestion as a part of my fic. It was a really good idea! But that would've changed all my future plans. . .

Nymph Demon: Thankies! I'll try to put fluff in every chapter!

Shadow Tenshi1: Yes! Arm back! Hope that makes you happy! Thanks for the review!

Iotathesweet: (Blushes) Well, I don't have THAT much talent. . .But if you say so, then it must be true! LOL.

Serena SilverMoon: Yup! Kagome, you dawg! Well, not really, more like Inuyasha and, whatever. . .I loved that review! I should use that as a summary in a future story or something. ^_^

Kura: Yes, I try to update everyday. Must keep everyone happy!

Sanosuke Hidane: Thankies! I'll go write more now.

Shadow39: Short, Painful, and to the point.

MysticAngelb: Glad to hear! I'll try to update often, just for you!

Lady Kaiba: Well, I read it like you requested, and well, go read my review. Remember, Read + Review = ^_^

Mistress Fluffy: Of Course I've read your fics! It was a REALLY long time ago though, before I was a member, I think. Anyways, I went to reread some of them, but you only have like two left on your profile. What happened?

Dragon Master VII: Thanx! I'm really flattered that you think so, but I wouldn't say that it's well thought out. Hehe, I just make it up as I go! And can you believe that I had a bit of writer's block in this chapter? I didn't expect it to be so long!

Katana-Kun: I tried, I really did!

Jazzylady: Thank You! (bows deep)

Zoutou: Thanx! I'll try to make Koga a good sport about things, but well, knowing him. Thanks for the crackers! Fooly Cooly `s ending already. . .

Radcat: That's right! And as long as you keep reviewing, I'll keep responding!

Fire goddess5: Thank you for reviewing me four consecutive times. Is this your first time reading Sess/Kag? If so, I hope I've hooked you! (laughs evilly in background)

Update: Wow, your name says it all.

Silver Fang13: Yes! I'm planning to use your suggestion on Naraku, it'll probaply come into play real soon. Thank You sooo much!

KITSUNE-chan3: We can't help it if Koga's all possessive-like, but that's what makes him so lovable!

Mala Valvah: Hey! I've missed you!

Aira: Thanks! Yes, Inu is on the soft side in my fic, but I hate it when he goes to Kikyo and leaves Kagome! So, instead, I'm gonna make him suffer for losing Kagome, and I'm gonna make Kikyo suffer even worse!

Red Dragon9: Thanks for the review!

White-Dragon-Goddess: I'll do something to Inu later, right now he serves a vital part in the whole jealousy raging love-triangle!

Crystal Sapphire: Really? I'm evil? Well, then my work here is done!

Okies! Now that's over, Make sure you review for THIS chapter! Oh Yeah! This is the time where I like to make stupid conversation, so here goes. Has anyone ever played "Inuyasha: the Game?" If not, try it! It's really fun! Although, this is embarrassing, the first time I played, I lost to Shippo, SHIPPO! It's not my fault! He's just so damn short! There's not much there to hit! Just a suggestion. LOL. I'm such a loser.

Ja Ne! ^_~