InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ It Was You ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Ahhhh! Don't kill me! I know it was an extremely long wait! I'll try to make it up to you, kay? Don't worry, I love y'all, I won't leave you hanging! I should really be studying, seeing as I have a test on Monday, not to mention a math project to be done. . .Okay, I'm sure you don't want me to say anything anymore, so I'll just shut up and let you get on with the story. I'm sorry, but this regrettably will be a short chapter. {tear, tear}

Disclaimer: Inuyasha belongs to me as much as my money that my mom is saving up for me. Seriously! She says its' mine, then I never see it again, EVER!

Chapter 18: It Was You

Inuyasha's ear twitched in the direction of his brother and Kagome. He had been listening intently to their conversation, and felt a wave of guilt when he caught what Kagome said.

"But I don't think he should be so worried, because I already promised to stay by his side. . .forever. . ."

His chest tightened painfully. Yes, she had promised him that, and a fine way he repaid her by blowing up like he just had earlier. Afterall, didn't she always come back like she promised? She had yet to leave him, and after all they've been through, he should know better than that.

One of the things Inuyasha secretly admired about her was that she was loyal, and would sooner die than to betray any of her friend's trust. Unfortunately, Sesshomaru was now considered one of her friends now, and a jealous feeling came over him at the thought of his brother receiving the same trust and loyalty that she gave him. `He doesn't deserve it, the bastard!' But then again. . .Sesshomaru had yet to show any signs of betrayal.

But on the offhand. . .instead he was showing signs of . . .interest in Kagome, to put it lightly. He definitely didn't like the way he's been looking at his Kagome lately. He growled at what came next in the conversation, something that for sure made his blood boil.

~ ^_^ ~

Kagome nervously twiddled with the plushie's fur. `I can't believe I'm going to tell him!' Sesshomaru continued to stare at her, waiting patiently for the answer. The wind blew gently, and Kagome had a wistful look on her face as she gazed at his silver tresses swaying in tune with the wind.

"The reason is. . ." she began, and his eyes flickered, all attention was focused solely on her. She swallowed. "The reason is. . .I've been having these dreams lately. . ."

"A dream?" He questioned, Kagome nodded in response.

"Yeah, and in it, I was. . .I don't know. . .It sounds weird but. . ." He waited patiently for her to finish, but the suspense was killing him! "I was riding on a . . .on a giant silver dog. . ." Sesshomaru's eyes flashed momentarily in surprise, but his mask stayed in place. Kagome waited for him to comment on it, but when he didn't, she continued.

"It was so much fun too. . ." she said wistfully, "He took me higher and higher, almost leaping off of the clouds! I felt like I was flying!" She went on like an excited child, and Sesshomaru listened as she spoke of the dream with the utmost fondness. "Oh, Sessho-kun. . .it felt so real! We were up so high. . .it was almost as if I could reach out to the moon and touch it. . ." Kagome held out her hand to the blue sky as she described the scene. Sesshomaru held back the urge to reach out his own hand and lace his fingers with hers. He swallowed.

"Did you?" He asked softly, and at hearing this, Kagome giggled, the sound coming like melodic bells.

"Well, I tried to. . ." she finally said. "It didn't work out too well. I ended up falling to the earth," Her hands fell back into her lap, and her eyes shielded from his view by her midnight bangs.

"In your dream, did you die?" He asked her, though he was not sure why he was so interested in how the dream ended. Kagome still didn't look at him, but instead focused on a particularly interesting patch of grass.

"No," she whispered. "The giant silver dog. . .he caught me. . ." Sesshomaru said nothing, his heart quickening it's pace. "I remembered, feeling so safe as soon as he was with me. When we were on the ground. . .I was so happy and grateful. I turned around to hug him. . .he was soooo fluffy," she giggled, affection apparently in her voice. He raised an eyebrow at her. `So that's why she named it fluffy.'

His breath became caught in his throat, however, when Kagome finally lifted her head to lock his golden gaze with her sapphire ones.

"It was you. . .Sessho," She finally finished. It seemed like an eternity passed as they stayed like that, just staring at each other. Everything else seemed to melt away, as the demon lord finally let the words seep into every fiber of his being. `She's been dreaming of me. . .' He felt warm, and not the aroused, fiery passion warm, but the happy, elated warmth.

The girl that he had so unwillingly fallen for had been dreaming of him. He watched as her full, pink lips curved into a sweet smile.

"How long?" He ended up asking. She cocked her head to the side.

"Huh?"

"How long have you been having this dream?" He asked again, in a slower and gentler tone. She tucked a wayward strand of hair behind her ear, and a slight blush stained her cheeks.

"Ano. . .I'm not sure when it started, but I've been having the same dream every night now for quite a while," She began to blush even redder, and turned her face away in an attempt to hide it from him.

He frowned. He wanted to see her blush, wanted to see the pretty color of pink that her cheeks turned, wanted to feel the heat radiating off of her skin. He sat down beside her and placed a hooked finger under her chin. Lifting her gaze to his, he resisted the temptation to caress her heated cheeks with his lips, and slowly work his way over to her own full lips and taste her.

Instead, he settled at just looking at her beautifully flushed face. And although he knew her to be embarrassed from not only their nearness to one another but at her confessed dream, he felt satisfaction that he was the reason why she blushing now.

"I have dreams of you too, Kagome. . ." Sesshomaru suddenly started, and Kagome's eyes became as wide as saucers. Looking at his golden orbs, she found him staring at her as if he was in a trance-`Like this morning when we were. . .'

"Sessho, I-" she was silenced when he placed a clawed finger to her dainty lips.

"Shhh," he soothed, causing Kagome to shudder under his touch, "Do you want to know. . .what I dream of as well?" His words spilled forth from his lips as if he were unable to stop them, like he was saying all these things unconsciously. "I'll show you. . ."

Once again she felt the beating of her heart accelerating, as his lips came closer to hers. His breath caressed her skin, and unconsciously, she leaned in also, `Just to see what it feels like. . .'

"GET YOU'RE FUCKING HANDS OFFA KAGOME, YOU BASTARD!" Faster than lightning, Sesshomaru, swept Kagome into his arms and dodged Inuyasha's claws as it swiped into the air that his Sesshomaru used to be. He growled dangerously as Sesshomaru landed nearby, carrying a quite shocked Kagome, who blinked in surprise.

His hand grasped Tetsusaiga's hilt. He couldn't take it anymore! Listening to their entire conversation. At first, he felt glad that Kagome would put her vow to him above all else. . .but that dream, and when his brother almost. . .and she didn't even---

"I SAID GET YOU'RE FUCKING HANDS OFFA HER!" He screamed, preparing to strike once more. He was going to rip Kagome out of his brother's cold, dead arms if he had to.

"INUYASHA! SIT!" {Thump} His attempt failed, as Kagome screamed the word of his weakness. But to her surprise, he was fighting it, and his eyes flared dangerously at his brother.

"Don't even think of protecting him now," Inuyasha breathed, his frame shaking slightly as he lifted his body from the ground. The beads around his neck glowed furiously, but he was still fighting them. Kagome's eyes widened, and she suddenly feared for Sesshomaru's safety, even though she knew full well he didn't need her protection, she quickly said the incantation again.

"SIT!" Once again, Inuyasha hurtled to the ground, cursing. The children, and other adults watched as the scene before them played out. Rin and Shippo stopped their playing, and the little girl ran up to the demon lord who still held the miko firmly in his arm.

"Sesshomaru-sama, why were Inuyasha and Sesshomaru-sama fighting again?" They both looked down at the child, and sighing, Sesshomaru settled Kagome back on her feet.

"I should take my leave. It is obvious that I have worn out my welcome," He said icily, though when he looked at Kagome, his eyes shown with regret and longing. Kagome nodded at him, a little shaken at what had just transpired. `Nothing makes sense!'

"Hurry, before the spell wears off," she urged. He called for Jaken and Rin to his side, and the cloud began to form at his feet. Before taking off, he stood in front of her, and drew his hand up to touch her face.

"Thank you, Kagome-chan," he whispered, and although his face remained stoic, his eyes betrayed him, as every emotion flickered across his golden depths. Unable to contain herself, she launched herself at him, her arms snaked around his neck in a tight hug.

"You called me Kagome-chan. . ." She said happily. He stood there, frozen before his own arms snaked around her waist, and he held her close to him, inhaling her sweet scent. He had been dreading this departure, dreading the time to face the reality of having to be separated from her. `We do not belong together,' he thought sadly, and yet he could not ignore how perfectly she molded against his embrace.

Gods, how he just wanted to take her with him, to never feel this emptiness again. Sesshomaru held onto her tighter, as if the single act alone could make all his wishes come true. Hesitantly, he loosened his grip when he felt her pull away. She smiled warmly at him, and he felt the extent of her friendship. `We'll never be more than friends.'

Going on her tiptoes, Sesshomaru's eyes widened when her lips brushed against his cheek. Pulling back, she blushed as he brought his hand up to where he had felt the whisper of skin. Smiling, she stepped away from him.

"See you around, `kay?" She said affectionately, as if bantering with a friend. `If I cannot have her love, then I will gladly accept her friendship. To be near her and protect her if nothing else.' Slipping his mask back on, he nodded and soon his cloud lifted from the ground.

"Bye, Kagome-neesan!" Rin waved back, and Kagome along with the others waved back.

As the Inu-tachi became smaller and smaller until they were nothing but a speck from above, all of Sesshomaru's thoughts remained on the miko he had left behind. `Yes, we shall meet again soon, for I, Sessomaru, promise to protect you.'

~ ^_^ ~

"Why did you let him go?" Inuyasha asked in a shockingly calm, yet hurt voice. Kagome could only look at her lap. The air grew still around them, and it was deathly quiet. It was just the two of them, Inuyasha and Kagome. The others had left them alone, saying that they had headed back to the village.

"I couldn't let you hurt him, he's my friend. . ." she answered weakly, and her heart began to ache. She wondered why. `Is that ALL he really is to me?' Inuyasha continued to have his back turned to her, and Kagome didn't even try to get him to look at her.

"How close are you?" He asked her, his voice slowly becoming accusing. She gazed at his back.

"Inuyasha. . ."

"I SAID, How close are you?" He demanded. Kagome felt her anger rising.

"What's it to you? It's not like you care! Why should you when you have KIKYO?!" That got his attention, and his turned violently around at her, his amber eyes flared.

"Leave Kikyo out of this! She's got nothing to do with my brother!" He spat back.

"Why are you so stuck on this? Are you jealous? Is that it?!"

"No! Why should I be jealous of my bastard of a brother?!"

"I don't know! You tell me!" She screamed back at him, and he grabbed onto her shoulders tightly, causing her to wince slightly. Inuyasha stared at her almost pleadingly.

"Because only I can hold you like this!" He crushed her body against his, and Kagome stood shocked as he held tightly onto her, almost desperately as if he was afraid he might lose her.

"Why are you doing this?" He refused to let her go, but the question echoed in his mind. `Why am I doing all of this?' He tensed as the vision of a priestess came into his mind. `She's the only part of Kikyo that I have left. . .she shares her soul,' But he knew he couldn't tell her that, she'd leave him for sure! He instead reamained silent. Kagome's eyes flickered with guilt, and she returned the embrace almost unwillingly.

"Inuyasha, long ago, I promised to stay by your side," she said softly, and her vision became blurry as tears pricked at her eyes. She didn't feel the safe, warm feeling she once did in his arms. Not too long ago, she would've given anything to be where in his embrace, but now. . . `What if he's not embracing me. But Kikyo?' Still. . . "And I have, and always will stay by you. No matter what. So don't you ever worry," she finished, her voice becoming cracked as tears slid down her face.

Inuyasha stiffened when he felt the hot tears seep through his clothes. The scent of her tears heavily permeated the air. His chest tightened, `She's crying,' was it because of him? Did he make her cry? Inuyasha became possessive when he came to a thought. `What if she's crying over my brother? What if she regrets making that vow to me.' No! He couldn't believe it, he won't!

He held her closer as she cried into his red hoari. All the while, Kagome could only think of the two brothers. She wanted to keep her promise to Inuyasha, more than anything, but she guiltily wanted to be in Sessomaru's embrace instead of Inuyasha's at the moment. `No, I'll stand by his side. Even if I'm nothing but a shadow of Kikyo's.'

Kagome felt so lost. What were these emotions that were beginning to surface for the demon lord? And more importantly, why did she want them?

~ ^_^ ~

Her raven locks swayed in the ominous wind, as she her chocolate brown eyes glared icily down at the hanyou embracing her reincarnation. From the cliff, Kikyo turned away from the scene and made off towards a dark looming castle in the distance. Her whole being seethed with hatred for the girl that so closely resembled herself. `She is stealing Inuysha away from me, I will not let her win. He will go to hell with me.'

~ ^_^ ~

The shoji door slid open, and Naraku turned his head slowly to face the undead miko standing in the doorway. His lips curved into a malicious smile.

"Ah, Kikyo, I was expecting you." She glared at him, and stepped inside. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Kikyo stood in front of him, her icy façade not once slipping.

"If you were expecting me then I suspect you already know the reason as to why I am here," She saw his smirk grow wider, and she evenly matched it with hers.

"It is about Inuyasha and that reincarnation on yours," His eyes glittered malevolently when he saw her nod.

"That bitch is straying Inuyasha from his promise to me. I fear that at this rate, she will be successful in persuading him to stay with her," Her voice dripped with bitterness as she spoke of Kagome.

"What do you want me to do about it?" He asked innocently.

"Remind him of his obligations and love to me! Inuyasha WILL go to hell with me!" She nearly screamed at him, and Naraku steadily stood up from his sitting position. He walked slowly over to her, his form almost like a looming shadow in the dark room.

"And what's in it for me?" Kikyo's eyes glinted for a second with mischief, and her lips curved into a seductive smile. Her hand flew up to the top of her kimono, and she pushed down the fabric, revealing her deathly pale skin to him. Naraku's eyes widened as it darkened over with lust.

"But what of Inuyasha?" She smiled still, and pushed up against him so he could feel her breasts against his chest.

"I hold no feelings for the hanyou, and I don't care what happens to him. So long as he comes with me to hell in the end." She whispered. Naraku smirked and lowered his head to close the distance between them, claiming his prize.

~ ^_^ ~

`Disgusting,' Kagura felt revulsion wash over her entire being as moans and screams could be heard coming from Naraku's room. She wrinkled her nose as the stench of their mating wafted through her nostrils; it was enough to make her throw up. The disgusting smell that was Naraku mixed in with the smell of earth, bones, and death didn't help either. Kagura knew Naraku was low, but to stoop so low as to rut with a corpse.

`Well, seeing as he was once a corpse himself. . .I think it fits,' still, Kagura could not help but feel sympathy for the girl that looked so much like Kikyo. She had been listening in on their entire conversation, and was well aware of their plans to rip the miko away from her hanyou.

Although over the past few days that she had been watching the group, she had to conclude that the girl's feelings towards Inuyasha had changed somewhat. Especially since the Taiyoukai of the West became more involved with the Inu-tachi.

Kagura inwardly smirked at the irony of it all, that Sessomaru, the ice prince who claimed he hated all humans fell in love with one. And Inuyasha's wench no less! She wanted to laugh, but the truth of the matter was, more than anything, she felt sad for them. When she had passed by earlier that day, and managed to catch a glimpse of the group below, she saw them embracing. And it dawned on her that they looked completely, and without a doubt perfect with each other. But she also knew, as well as they did, that it could never be.

She was secretly envious of them, for they looked so free and happy in that one moment---something that she could not be. Kagura had willed herself to hate Kagome, but as time passed on, she grew to respect the girl, and look up to her. No one held the fire and spirit that she held, and despite all the obstacles that had been thrown at her, she had not broken.

Kagura grimaced at the thought of having Naraku destroy something so pure. Deep in her soul, she knew Naraku was terrified of the little miko. She was perhaps the only one who truly stood in his way. She grinned; she will be the one to vanquish Naraku, and set her and her sister, Kanna free. But she can't do it if her fire is lost.

Mind set, Kagura left the castle and pulled out a feather from her hair. In an instant, it grown a hundred fold bigger, and as she rode on the wind, her thoughts were locked onto one gaol: She would try to rescue the miko from the pain that was to come. But she knew she couldn't directly do it herself. Naraku would kill her, and the wind sorceress didn't want to die without knowing what it was like to be free. No, instead she knew someone else that would willingly give his life for her.

Kagura flew off to the West, hoping that her plan would work. `Naraku will not win.'

End Chapter ^_^

Okay, I warned you all that it would be short, but hey! Things get interesting right? ^_^ In the next chapter, evil schemes galore! (shudder) I think I gave myself the willies when I was forced to write that scene with Kikyo and Naraku. But it was crucial! * groan * Oh wells. Please read and review! And to anyone who wants to send me an e-mail, my new address is youkaiyume@yahoo.com

Review Responses:

~Fanfiction.net

AnImEfReAk81, Corellen Lotharian, icegirl172, mitroz robin, LilAnimatedGrlN'Pink, Daemonelf, Lady Light, The Fallen Angel of Death, Cutiepie99, rosie, White Deer, FluffyLikeWhoa, Delphine Pryde, InuKagLover, Haze Zeikechitan, H Faith, Heikaru, kitsune-chan3, Tygerfyre, Namesake, rain84, Mystic-Moondragon, Silver Fang13, anonymous, SesshomaruLover, Rin6, MoonlightPrincess, Emberkitty 1424, Tony. Annon, j, poet-dreamer, TigerPrincess1, Shinigami Clara, twistedtiger, Mimichan25, Orchidacae, Inulover626, Bekkblair, aido, KCK, DarFire77, Ruby27, Vaz, Panther, AyameSuzaku, FanficWriter, Jewely, Valkyrie Nienne Helyanwe, VicFan, spirit element, Noir12, Defafaeth Mechqua, badgerwolf, HebiYoukai, Silver-Blue-eyes, trihn, psycholady101, ladihouki, Silver Mystic, Sahdow39, Inuphoria, Kaela the Tiger Demoness, THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS! I'LL COME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Tyskyamma: Hello, fellow e-mail buddy! Hmmm, I thought over what you said about the lemon thing, and I was going to do that. But most people recommended that I didn't, and I really don't want to risk getting my story deleted. So, I have decided to post the lemon somewhere else, and put a clean version here. I'll send you the URL if I do!

K-chan16: lolz I get hyped up too! I'm glad you like it so much, and I'm sorry the chapters are short, but this used to be long to me! Lolz. BTW, I'm not doing it to torture y'all, honest!

Ledophole: Actually, Inu will suffer, and I'm sorry, but he needs to learn his lesson! I don't know about Sango and Miroku, but I have a feeling I'll put a little romance between them also.

Cymarel: Thank you for your kind words, I try to meet everyone's expectations. ^_^

Peachi Cat: Ja ne means good bye, or see ya. ^_^

Cherry34: I am planning to post a clean version here, and the actual lemon on another site. I originally planned it here, but I was surprised at how many stories got deleted even though they DID have a story plot! There are a lot of sick people out there. . .

Familia-Ficz: Don't mind if I do! (takes cheese dip) Yes, Inu needs to grow up, and I'll make him do so-painfully I might add!

HellAznGrl: Okay, I don't know when this fic is actually going to end, but I know it's not anytime soon. Probably five or more chapters should do it, but not sure. . .depends on how may lemons I plan to writ. Lol.

Red Dragon 9: Wai! Thankies for these two{holds up Inuyasha and Koga, who are struggling}Inuyasha: Wench! Let me go! Red! I'm gonna kill you!{squeezes harder}Yume: Hush child! You know you love me! Inu: No I don't! Koga: {mumbles} while I'm being suffocated to death, Sesshomaru is all over MY woman! Yume: Aw, it's okay! I'll let you visit! Don't listen to their complaining, they enjoyed watching Finding Nemo with me yesterday! Koga: that was some kick-ass fish! Inu: THEY WERE FISH!

Wolf: Don't worry, fire's gone, so no one will live without my story! I will take you advice on the limon.

Sesshomarulover713: Your welcome! I love your story, and I thank you for the fruitbasket!

Reimi: Thanks, that's exactly what I intend to do.

GothicSaumariDreams: Yes, Yume does live near Simi Valley, and I'm glad you're okay!

Niamha: Thanks! I love fluff, so that's why I put in as much as I can!

Nymph Demon: Darn slutty girls! Oh wells, I'll probably post the lemon on other sites, and a clean version here.

KawaiiLilInu-Gurl: Poor Fukai. . .thanks for the review!

DarkPyroPlanet: No, I won't burst into flames, not without finishing this story first, anyway. . .thanks for the pickles!

Sesshomaru's Lover: Well, I certainly try to make everything from a possessive point of view, lol.

Vixen Jinxie-chan: Thanks! I'll try to update sooner-like that'll ever happen!

Dreamcather5: Yes, but my updates are soooo slow! I hate my lazy ass.

Fire goddess5: lolz, no matter how goofy you look in armor, you're still my hero!

Shichini Kiwi Kasa: Yes, I know Kagome's vow to him is ruining everything. And I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself when writing a chapter.

Blue-Saiyan-Angel: Thanks for the advice, and the fire didn't eat me alive, thank god!

Daughter of Summer Sunlight: Well, I think your little talk with fate worked! Because I'm still here! Anways, I guess my chapter didn't suck too much, but I have to admit, I need to start making them longer!

Zhoujen: Yes, this story has a lot of romance, which is kinda suffocating. . .but you're not complaining, right?

Perro: Finally! Someone who agrees with me on the sucky chapter thing! I'm sorry it's short, but I've been really busy. And your right, I don't do this for my readers, I do it for moi! And Perro. . .^_^

Sesshyangel: Yeah! That's where I got it from, boy I love Sano. Hehe.

Mistress Fluffy: Well, I can say that for sure I won't post the lemon here, but you can still read it on mm.org or Sess the Killing Perfection.

Bloodbunny: Hey! Have you been reading my evil diaries again? Lolz.

Katani Masaya: Okay, Naraku, I don't know whether to feel happy for you that I gave you Kikyo, or just flat out sorry. Hehe. . .I still love the tail!

Kiwi93089: That's alright, as long as you read all the chapters, I'm okay. The sugar high will probably come later, I couldn't put it in this chapter. . .maybe a hilarious scene in the next chappie. . .

~Mediaminer.org

powerpuffbarbie, ice princess1185, Kitsune Bi, Dragon Rae, Kilea859, THANKS!

neko-mata: I just loved your review! I had to read it ten times over, and laughed each time! I'm so sorry it took so long to update, and I hope to see your review on my page again, real soon!

Dog Youkai999: Thank you, I try to make it as interesting and original as possible.

Storm AZ: Your right, Inu is stupid, but I need him to be his usual rash and crude self. I'm sorry it couldn't be longer. . .

Julie K: Thanks! I like to portray a strong and independent Kagome, not the whiny, vulnerable kind, though that attribute does come in handy.

Kyana: (blush) thanks! But what's the estimated age for you for being an eligible writer? Just curious, seeing as I seem young to you.

Striking Falcon: SF, you've just made my day! I'm always so honored to hear from you. I know what you mean about being mean to Sess, it's fun sometimes! {guilty pleasure} By the way, be happy you have a muse. . .mine ran away! {sob}

Lil sesshi: Thanks!

~Sesshomaru, the Killing Perfection

psychogirl666: Thanks for the review! And I'm glad you're the first to review for this story on this site!

END NOTE! I'm so stressed. 200 points in math is going down the drain, I haven't finished my project! Wai! The next chappie will be up by next week, and if you sent an e-mail review, chances are I'll respond to you by e-mail, and you won't see your name here. Ciao!

~Ja Ne! ^_^