InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ Sympathy For The Devil ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Yume: Well, it's official. You all have deemed me the most Evil Mistress of Cliffies, ne?

CF: CF wouldn't blame them, that was a pretty awful place to leave it off.

Yume: Yeah, and it's surprising that you all think alike! Most of the reviews read "No! Kill the Evil Bitch Kikyo!" Or, "YOU KILLED KAGOME!" lol.

CF: We're sorry, Yume's a sadistic person….{trust me, I know}

Yume: Also, a few of you mentioned about Inu's Kaze no Kizu in the last chapter. I deeply apologize, but I haven't seen all of the episodes, so please live with my mistake! If I'm really dedicated, I'll go back and fix it, but that would change the whole thing…so…

CF: She won't do it.

Yume: {glare} Anyways, only one of you caught on to the whole revival situation, and for that, I give you a cookie! ^^ Now, onto the conclusion of the final battle!

Disclaimer: I could probably buy Inuyasha off of Rumiko Takahashi if she accepted Monopoly money…

~ ^_^ ~

Chapter 30: Sympathy For The Devil

It was if someone was tearing out his heart, taking immense pleasure while twisting and clenching it as it bled to down his shirt. In a frenzied panic, he shook her body as if to wake her from a deep sleep…but it was no use.

Her eyes remained void of any life, a dull gray-blue instead of its' brilliant sapphire. In the background, the sound of his brother's panicked and torn voice called out her name in deep worry. But Sesshomaru paid no heed to it, for all that he could hear at the moment was a dull pulsing sound and the thought of Kagome.

`I won't let her die…' Golden eyes trailed to the sword that pulsed at his side, and he felt a sense of hope and relief wash over him. `There's still a chance…' Never, had he ever felt more grateful to his father for bestowing upon the Tenseiga.

"Sesshomaru," Inuyasha choked, as if he could tell what was running through his brother's mind.

Slender fingers wrapped around the sword's hilt, drawing it and feeling the blade's pulses along with his own heartbeat.

`Kagome…' He thought, his holding his breath and narrowing his eyes at her lifeless form, he focused with his entire being for her own breath, and slashed the blade across her body.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as the violet rays glowed brightly and soon died. The tension and anticipation was thick, and both the inu brothers waited torturously for her to stir back to life.

`Kagome…' It seemed like an eternity, but it was finally realized…the Tenseiga didn't work. `Kagome!' Refusing to accept his failure, he slashed the blade across her body again. Still nothing.

"Useless blade," he growled, his grip tightening on the fang. "Why won't you bring her back to life?!" The sound of cold laughter brought their attention from Kagome to Kikyo, and low growls escaped their throats when she gave them a victorious look.

"Fools," She started, "In order for you to revive your precious Kagome, the body must have the soul…" Kikyo's hand went up to place it upon her chest, her body still glowing its' tainted violet. "A soul which now rightfully belongs to me. Kagome is dead, your blade won't work."

The sword was thrown aside in a clatter, and Sesshomaru kneeled down to hold Kagome against him. His form was shaking from uncontrollably emotions…grief, so much grief and sorrow engulfed his entire being and pain.

But none other emotion seethed through him as much as anger. Angry at himself for not being able to protect her. Angry at Kagome for putting herself in harm's way. Angry at his father for giving him a sword that failed him in the only time that mattered. But most of all, he was angry at Kikyo for taking her away from him.

"Give her back…" he growled. She looked at him curiously, her smirk still adorning her face. Settling Kagome's body down gingerly, he stood up, turning to glare at her with crimson eyes and a flaring aura of unparalleled rage.

"Wench, give her back to me!" His fangs were now bared and his arm went to draw out Tokijin.

"Taiyoukai, do you threaten me?" She mocked, her eyes glinting in malevolence that rivaled Naraku.

"Give her back!" Those were the only words that ran through his head, and he could feel the youkai in himself rising, screaming for vengeance. Before she could blink, he had already sped at her with demonic speed, Tokijin poised for her blood.

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha shouted, but he couldn't be stopped. Kikyo's eyes widened in surprise, but even though she was human, she was still sharp, and managed to erect a barrier around herself. As Sesshomaru's blade came down upon her head, it was forced back with a slight `clang' as it hit the barrier.

The taiyoukai growled, but didn't slacken his determination for her life. Raising Tokijin once more, he gave a forceful slash, sending hundreds of sparked daggers flying at her. She winced momentarily at the blinding attack, but calmed when she saw that it was only pelting her barrier.

"Taiyoukai, my barrier is impenetrable," She smirked. But perhaps too soon, as the barrier began to flicker and dissipate under the force of pressure of Tokijin's blade. It disappeared altogether, and Kikyo let out a surprised as well as painful gasp as the daggers tore at her body.

"Nh…" Kikyo crouched on the ground, holding her arm that was bleeding profusely from a particularly good hit that Sesshomaru managed to land on her. "So, this is what it's like to feel pain once more…" She muttered.

Looking up, she saw Sesshomaru's towering form looming over her. His eyes holding no mercy.

"Bitch, I will have your blood," He snarled, and everyone on the battlefield could see that his cold, merciless façade was in place once more.

Sesshomaru crackled his poison claws, already feeling deep relish for anticipated tearing of flesh that was to come.

"WAIT!" The demon lord froze, his eyes fading it's crimson lining as he slowly turned to face his younger brother. He growled deeply, his claws still extended and ready to take her life with the flick of his wrist.

"Inuyasha, you would still defend her after she has taken Kagome's life?" He shook his head in disgust. "Then you should die with her."

"That's not it," His claws eased, and he looked at the hanyou patiently. "Please Sesshomaru," He started, his voice stern and unwavering under his brother's calculating gaze. "I need to know, for myself…"

Sesshomaru narrowed his gaze, glancing hatefully down at the woman at the receiving end of his claws, then back at his brother again. He didn't want to waste a single moment more…with each breath that passed Kagome's body was turning cold.

But as his gaze bore into Inuyasha's he saw that this was something he had to do…something he had to find out. He sent a growl at Kikyo, then backed off, shooting Inuyasha a look that said `You better know what you're doing.'

His brother nodded, watching intently as Sesshomaru stepped past him and went once more to Kagome's side, but all the same still kept a watchful eye over them. Inuyasha took the moment needed, and stepped closer to the maiden that so tortured him.

"Why Kikyo?" Inuyasha whispered, his voice coming out in more of a croak as it trembled with rage as well as confusion. "WHY?! Why are you doing all of this, it makes no sense!" The hanyou watched as the she slowly stood up, ignoring her wounds and staring at him intently with a serious frown.

"Do you remember Inuyasha? The day that you decided to break your vow to come with me to hell so you can be with HER?" She threw a disdainful look where the demon lord still held her lifeless reincarnation.

"I realized something then," She continued, and he remained silent and at the same time tense to hear her answer. "As long as she was alive you would stay loyal to her." Inuyasha growled in angrily.

"So you went and killed her then? Is that it?!"

"No." She replied promptly. "That was not my reason. You see, I said that you were mine, Inuyasha. And I meant it. If I cannot have you in the next world, then I shall have you in this one."

"Kikyo…"

"Inuyasha…" Her cold eyes suddenly melted away to reveal emotional irises brimmed with hope and yearning. Gingerly, she took several steps closer to the hanyou, who made no move to step away, but only stare back in shock and confusion.

"I'm alive, Inuyasha," Kikyo whispered softly to him, "We can be together…at long last…" Her hand went up to touch the side of Inuyasha's cheek and tenderly caress it. Still he said nothing. "Can't you feel the warmth of my hand? I'm truly alive…as I was then."

Inuyasha closed amber depths. It was true, her touch was no longer cold to the skin, but warm and soft…his eyes opened once more. `But it still feels empty, without any real emotion or love.'

"No, Kikyo," He breathed, and at the words she drew back her hand as if she was scorched with fire. "This is wrong…it's all wrong."

"What?!" Her eyes flickered with pain and confusion. "I thought that we…"

"I don't want this if it means losing Kagome!" He shouted at her, stepping away and turning his gaze at where the girl lay in his brother's arms. "Don't YOU remember? That I told you that the Kikyo I loved died 50 years ago? our LOVE died 50 years ago…" His tone was regretful, and each of his words dealt a painful blow to her heart.

She staggered backwards, her eyes becoming hardened and her fingers curled into a tight clench of a fist.

"So, your heart no longer belongs to me…" She looked at him, and he was surprised to see tears streaming down her face. "It belongs to…" She looked at Kagome, and Sesshomaru raised his tortured eyes to settle on hers as well, sending the message of pure hatred to her. Inuyasha swallowed.

"Yes."

Kikyo's whole frame shook with anger and betrayal.

"How could you…You betrayed me again Inuyasha!" She spat, but before Inuyasha could say otherwise, a low chuckle caught their attention. Everyone turned their gaze to meet with Naraku's shadowed form, still pinned to the base of the tree.

"Now you know how it feels…hurts, doesn't it, Bitch?" Naraku spat, his voice drenched in deep hatred and bitterness. His crimson eyes came to meet with hers, and he chuckled. "You made me think you were mine…" She glared at him.

"I was never yours, Naraku."

Naraku growled at her answer, and for a moment, something ran across his eyes-a seemingly unreadable emotion, but it was gone the next second.

"You've made yourselves quite the collection of foes, Kikyo…" He struggled against the arrow stuck in his chest. "I too, seek your blood for vengeance…" His hands went up to grasp the arrow, and upon seeing this, Sesshoamru and Inuyasha prepared to slay the hanyou on the spot.

However, it was unnecessary, for the arrow scorched his hand with a fierce purple glow…and it probably did more than that. Naraku groaned out in pure pain as his own body seemed to flare out in anger, but to everyone's surprise, it seemed to dissipate and leave him…straight into the body of the arrow. He choked and grasped his chest tightly.

"Bitch…what've you…?"

"That's not the same spell I used on Inuyasha when I pinned him to a tree 50 years ago, Naraku." All heads turned to her once more, and she was wearing a rather malicious smirk. "No, that arrow is much more complicated. The spell I placed on you is slowly draining your life force away…in just mere moments you'll be a corpse…"

Naraku's eyes widened at her words, and he began to curse her every name imaginable and struggled to get free. But it only served to cause the arrow to grow even brighter, and he screamed out once more in pain.

"Do not waste your energy trying to get out, you are only speeding up the process with each movement that you make."

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru looked over at the fallen hanyou and realized that her words spoke the truth. Naraku was looking paler than usual, and his eyes seemed to get duller by the minute. A sinister laughter broke the tense silence, and all knew it was Kikyo who was their real opponent in the end…

"I've heard enough," Sesshomaru lashed out without a second thought, his youkai whip coming down on her---but was blocked by her loyal soul stealers.

As the remaining pieces of the reptile youkai fell at Kikyo's feet she glared at him.

"You…"

"I will have my vengeance NOW!" Sesshomaru extended out his claws, ready to strike. But Kikyo was just as fast, and in a second, she had already mounted a bow and fired. It missed him by a hair, and the demon lord was quick enough to avoid it.

"Damn, how the hell is she moving so fast?!" Inuyasha grumbled.

"It's the Shikon Jewel, it can enhance one's abilities do you not remember? And do not forget that Kikyo is still a formidable miko…one that rivals Midoriko," Sesshomaru explained, lashing out once more with his youkai whip which only met with her barrier. "Though I suspect that the real reason is because she has Kagome's soul." He growled at the words.

"Kagome's soul?" Inuyasha inquired, drawing out Tetsusaiga. `Of course…' he thought. Kagome's powers have been growing steadily, and he wouldn't be surprised if she had even more strength than Kikyo…but was just unable to unleash it. But now that she was a part of Kikyo…

"This has gone on long enough!" Inuyasha came charging at her, Tetsusaiga ready, and Sesshomaru at his heels. "Your life is MINE! Kikyo!"

A smirk played across her lips, and if she had just connected with the Shikon's power, she moved with the speed of a youkai herself. The two Inu brothers landed with surprised looks, their eyes scanning the field for any sign of their prey.

"I will not be so easy to defeat…" Kikyo cooed. Their heads snapped around to see her right behind them, arrow aimed for their throats. When the she let it fly, they only managed to dodge it by an inch, the arrow creating a deep hole where they stood.

"Miko…" Sesshomaru growled.

~ ^_^ ~

His breath came out ragged and strained as he could feel the life being sucked away from his slowly. Beads of sweat permeated his brow, and his inky black hair became matted to his forehead.

Before him the battle unfolded, Sesshomaru and Inuyasha battling against the miko that dared to betray him. He winced at the jab of pain that shot through him. It hurt even to move, but it didn't hurt as much as the raging conflict inside of himself.

`How pathetic,' he thought, `The infamous Naraku, dying like this…' His eyes locked onto the battlefield, and he noted to himself that Kikyo was indeed faster, more powerful from absorbing both the jewel and Kagome's soul.

`That power should've been mine.' He thought bitterly. His whole being ached again, but it wasn't from the arrow. He didn't want to die like this…deprived. He coughed, the taste of blood apparent on his tongue as he did so.

He was deprived of life…before and after he became Naraku. He was deprived of power, one which he had always dreamed of. Crimson eyes rested on the young reincarnation of Kikyo, Kagome.

How their eyes flashed in anger and worry…the demon lord and his brother, when she fell lifeless to the ground. How their grief and love sang out to her when she did not stir awake. He was envious of the wench. She was loved.

He was deprived of love. `How utterly pathetic,' he thought again, `For one such as I to be envious of the miko because she is loved…' But it was true. Wasn't he in this predicament, because he had given into the voice within himself…Onigumo's voice, that yearned for Kikyo?

In the background, he could hear their intense cries as they tried to strike Kikyo, but she was proving to be more formidable than originally planned. Naraku struggled, the arrow grew brighter, but it did not outshine the hatred that he felt towards the traitorous woman.

`I will not be deprived of my vengeance…' He thought, and crimson eyes narrowed as he focused the last of his strength. He would get his revenge if it was the last thing he'd do, and perhaps it would be.

~ ^_^ ~

"She's fast for a human," Sesshomaru growled, and Inuyasha grunted as one of her arrows hit the blade of his Tetsusaiga, turning it back to its' rusted state once more. Cursing, he threw his blade aside, right next to Tenseiga…funny how in the end their greatest weapons proved useless.

"Inuyasha!" Kikyo shouted, "You WILL come with me! One way or another!" She reached behind her for another arrow, but her fingers only closed around air. Her brown orbs widened in panic.

"Should've thought of that first, wench!" Sesshomaru lunged forward, his claws glowing green with poison.

"Taiyoukai, I'm not as weak as your precious Kagome!" She screamed, extending her hands and sending a searing white blast from her fingertips. Sesshomaru fell backwards, crouching on the ground and glaring up at her with crimson eyes. The pain that plagued his body did nothing to stray his anger.

"You are the one who is weak…if you require the Shikon and Kagome's soul in order to defeat us…"

"It was my soul first! Kagome's dead! Accept it!"

"NEVER!" Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru cried out. The demon lord struck first, but she barely managed to dodge the blow; his claws instead tore at the sleeve of her kimono. Inuyasha came right after, claws out, but he could tells she was going to get away from her movements.

Or at least, she could've dodged it…

"W-What?!" From out of nowhere thick, burly tentacles shot out from the ground, wrapping around her frame tightly and rendering her motionless.

A searing whit pain struck through her, and her eyes widened in shock as she looked down at her bloodstained chest. Clawed hands were delved deep into her, and she could feel his fingers grasping around her heart.

She looked up at to meet with Inuyasha's amber gaze…a gaze that surprisingly held no hatred, anger, or satisfaction…just regret. Behind her, she saw that the tentacles had extended from Naraku's own body…she turned her attention back to the hanyou that was the reason behind all of her actions.

"I-Inuyasha…" She whispered, blood running down her lips. He did not turn away as he retracted his claws.

"Your life is mine…Kikyo…" He watched as she fell backwards. Catching her in his arms, he cradled her, staring as the tears streamed silently down her face. And for the first time in fifty years, he saw her smile in complete contentment.

"Thank you…Inuyasha…I will wait for you…"

Her words became a whisper of wind as her body disintegrated into a fine dust, carried by the wind. A bright light was released, streaking into the midnight sky and leaving only Kikyo's priestess clothing in Inuyasha's hands.

Inuyasha nodded slowly, then quickly turned to where Kagome lay. Sesshomaru was already by her side, and the pure rays of light that was Kagome's soul slowly returned to her body.

The watched with baited breath, as her body glowed a pinkish glow, and the light soon died. Their patience was wearing thin, and the anxiety was beginning to eat away at them.

"Is she…alright?" Inuyasha asked.

Sesshomaru gingerly took her into his arms, and felt a huge wave of relief engulf him when he felt the warmth of her body instead of the previous ice. Golden eyes traced the features of her face, and he tucked a wayward strand of hair that fell into her eyes.

"Kagome…" He called out to her gently, caressing her cheek as if to wake her from a deep sleep.

Their eyes widened when she let out a soft moan, and slowly, she opened her sapphire eyes and blinked. She glanced at Inuyasha, then at Sesshomaru, and smiled weakly.

"Sesshomaru…" She whispered. Unable to contain himself, he crushed her body close to his own, and held her as if afraid to lose her once more. He was so afraid he would never get to see her sapphire irises ever again…

"Hey…I'm alright," She giggled, her arms wrapping around him as well. Still, he did not slacken his hold.

"Quit hogging her Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha's rough voice called out. That made him hang onto her even tighter. Eventually, Kagome pried herself from the demon lord, and allowed his brother to look her over as well.

"Man you really had me freaked…" The hanyou said playfully. She nodded, her eyes shining apologetically.

"I know," She started, her voice soft. "I saw how mad the two of you got!" Kagome was helped to her feet, and she watched as the two of them gave her curious looks.

"You SAW us?" He asked. Kagome nodded once more.

"I thought I was a goner when my soul left my body…" She went over to the spot where Kikyo was slain. The Shikon jewel---whole and glowing a tainted purple, lay in the area. She crouched down next to it.

"But I didn't really die…I was just a part of Kikyo…" Her sapphire eyes turned to them. "I could see everything that she was seeing, feel everything that she felt…But…" Her gaze was broken off to stare at the jewel. "I couldn't do anything…I was watching the whole thing and I couldn't do anything…"

Gingerly, Kagome picked it up and the jewel instantly became purified.

"I felt so useless…" Her eyes became shadowed by her raven bangs. "I can never help in the end…" A clawed hand gripped her shoulder comfortingly, and she looked up to meet with Sesshomaru's intense gaze.

"That is not true."

She smiled, and nodded, her attention on the jewel in her hand.

"I'm sorry, Inuyasha…about Kikyo I mean."

"Don't be," He chided. "Like I said, she died a long time ago…I'm just glad you're okay," Inuyasha said sincerely.

"Well, I think I have Naraku to thank for that," She admitted. Kagome's eyes fell on a figure slumped against a tree across the battlefield, his form limp and pale.

Standing, Kagome cautiously approached him.

"Kagome, careful," Sesshomaru warned, not eager to have her in danger once more.

"Relax, guys…" She peered at Inuyasha as well to make her point. "I don't think he'll have the strength to do me any harm…besides," Kagome took several more steps. "Something's different about him."

When her shadow loomed over him, Naraku showed signs of stirring. Slowly, he opened crimson eyes to look at the girl before him.

"Miko…" His voice was course and dry. She kneeled down in front of him.

"Naraku," She called out his name, and he growled.

"Come to laugh at me before I die?" He spat. "Just kill me now…" But she only stared at him.

"You used the last of your life, your energy to save me…" Naraku refused to meet his gaze. "Why?" He scoffed at her.

"Do not think so highly of yourself, I merely wanted revenge against that undead bitch," Was his bitter reply. "At least I will have that much before I leave."

Kagome only continued to stare at him, and for the time, Naraku felt even more vulnerable than he already was under her gaze.

Sapphire eyes bore into him, as if reading his soul, and her eyes began to soften as a sudden feeling of pity washed over her for the man before her.

Here was someone who was pulled into the darkness and chaos because of desires and dreams that he could not fulfill in his past life. Here was someone who had sought comfort in the suffering of others to ease his own suffering. Here was someone who was tricked into thinking he was loved…only to feel the bitter taste of betrayal.

A tear slipped from her eye, and Naraku looked up in surprise when he saw the crystal teardrop fall from her irises.

Here was someone who only wanted to belong.

"Naraku…It must be so hard for you…" He sat there, stunned at her words, and even more stunned when she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and gave him a loose hug. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were stunned as well, but the demon lord made no move…Inuyasha on the other hand was sputtering in confusion.

"What's this?" Naraku breathed. "Could it be that…you're showing me sympathy?" He looked up at her, "Sympathy for the Devil?" Kagome remained silent, and she continued to just hold him. Her form began to glow a bright pinkish glow, and it soon engulfed himself as well.

Naraku could feel the warmth flow through himself, and for the first time in his entire life, as Naraku or Onigumo…he felt at peace. He closed his eyes, and a smile graced his pale lips.

"So…this is what if feels like…to be blessed with your kindness…"

When the light finally died out, Kagome stepped away from Naraku's now lifeless body. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha stood beside her, and they stared down at their long-time enemy.

"What did you do to him?" Inuyasha asked. She smiled weakly and closed her eyes.

"I purified him." She answered. She turned to look at them. "Let's go back to Kaede's."

And with that, they left the clearing of their final battle, leaving behind only remnants of pain and loss and starting the beginnings of rebuilding the future.

~ End Chapter ^_^

Yume: end CHAPTER! Not the end of the story, so don't get your knots in a twist!

CF: CF is tired…that was harder than CF imagined…

Yume: Yeah, and Naraku's OOCness? Lol. But I wanted to portray a different side to Naraku. I feel that he, as well as Kikyo, Sesshomaru, Kagura, and many of the villians we so often bash are misunderstood.

CF: STICK AROUND FOR THE AFTERMATH!

Yume: Yup! But I warn you, we're looking forward to another three or four chapters before this ends…READ AND REVIEW! I appreciate hearing from each and every single one of you! It really makes all the difference! No flames please! ^^

CF: OH! Yume's fics are now on "A Single Spark: A Kagome and Sesshoumaru Site" So go and visit! Nominations are running, so please nominate Yume's fic for an award pweeze! ^^ kap-king!

[Review Reponses]:

~Fanfiction.net

miss_bad_gurl; moonheart1090; DemonessVampress; silverstar-moink; Vaz1201; someone; inuyasha-1234; ptbear; Sierra-Falls; Kura; ForgetMeNot Fan; kogalover1987; Crystal Senshi; VicFan; K Nighthawk; TigerPrincess1; Silvana; Kagome168; Peanut Gallery - Alaska's Own; Animefreak242; Neveada; Starkyrox9191; Zakari; PeachBerry; Holy-Psychic-Vulpix; luna; sdfasfad; AmoebaFive; koge-maru23; Fae; Kakera Kilotoro; Shinigami Clara; wolf; quirkyslayer; princessmoon3; DarkPixie; Rin6; aqua gurl; ladihouki; Sweetlilbee; Sailor Panda; tessa3; Anime Goddess15; kittykat; DarknessGuardian; Minni May Yukibara; Teru04; Kagome loves Inuyasha; MoonlightPrincess; Dana Daidouji; Jyderman; SlvrANGel1247; Nymph Demon; LilAnimatedGrlN'Pink; Nightmares-Hell; stargirl21; jdls; Saria4; SugarCube; Dark Paine; Sesshys Hime; SingleGlassRose; Sarin of the night; MidnightDragonShadow; Chelsea; Eboni; WhiteDragon354; Shallneverknow; Snowy Day; Princezz2Di4-Sis-M. Amanda; Icsis; inuphoria; Ulna; spirit element; Gundamwinggirl; bloodbunny; queenanneus; forestdweller; Sesshomaru luv you; Dragon Rae; Nikki Lady ofthe Western Lands; Darkcatz; Mel; Polaris the Northstar; Lady Icykimi; Sanosuke Hidane; Y12blue12; Seungmina1991; Wake-Robin; Reine Keri; InsanexPsycho; gimeGohan; FanficWriter; KougasMyMan; Noir 12; Rabid-Inu-Girl; PeachesDani; Talaroh; The Fallen Angel of Death; Ana; Tsuki Yume; THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR REVIEWS!

Whysper: Yes, I haven't seen all of the episodes, so please don't kill me for it. But yeah, what's done is done, can't change it now. But I'm glad you like my fight scene all the same! ^^

Menemeth: Thanks for the SITdevice! {Evil grin} I'll put it to good use!

Rain Of Stars: Thanks for the flattery. Lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the story so much! And I guess I am rather good with cliffies.

slushymermaid: Ah, coffee, I guess I owe Starbucks a thank you! ^^

KawaiiLil-InuGurl: Yays! I'm just so glad to have you as a fan on all of the sites that I post! ^^

Tueske: Haha, I'm not going to end my story on a cliffy! Leave this on a mental note for future stories! Unless I plan on making a sequel!

FaLLeNGoDdEsSoFtHeMoOn: You two are so funny! Lol. I assure, all's well that ends well! ^^

Katani Masaya: uh…I don't know if you'll be happy with me for making you the good guy, or for making you feel loved in the end. ^^;

InuYasha's-Lady: Yes, I am writing a lemon, but there will be a clean version on ff.net, and the full version someplace else. I'll provide a link. Also, we're looking at least three or four more chapters. ^^

Silver Shadow Of Silence: Yes, It's almost the end of the fic, and their love is still unsung…Thanks for the review!

Lightspeed Suzuka: Psh…Try 7:40 A.M. with Math Analysis! And with a monotone teacher like mine?! It's hard enough to stay awake…

grey tears: You people always cheer me up! Not to mention you reviewed on both sites! Yays! ^^

~ Mediaminer.org

vi vi; Anonymous; Miyumi; daydreamer5888; M-Gaw; Swtxlilazngrl; 1651; yugis_chik_4eva; trihn; Spica; StarDust1219; 12blue12; Kitsune Bi; Foxflame; Medatsu; S1Cherry; InusDemoness; EvIl KaGoMe; THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS!

Its me, Crimson Tenshi!!!: lol. Thanks, I'm happy to hear that I'm putting such a dent in your sleep cycle! ^^

soul bled dry: Yeah…that's really encouraging…(gulp)

dancekitty402 & IsisTheEgyptianGoddess: MAN! I love you guys, always bring a smile my face! ^^

CAMintmier: Great to hear you're so open-minded about alternative pairings.

Kyana: Thanks. I'm glad you never find me a disappointment! ^^

[END NOTE!]

Yume: Okay, the rough part is done, so the all of my chapters from here on out will be smooth sailing!

CF: (does happy dance)

Yume: Well, maybe except for the lemon…

CF: {stops} Aw….

Yume: Stick around! Don't forget to review! ^^ and nominate as well!

Ja Ne! ^_~