InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ I Wish ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Yume: Oh, so sorry that this one took such a long time to come out! So busy with testing. XD But this chap is extra long!

CF: We're so glad that our story isn't taken down…yet…for that little lemon in the last chapter…^_^0

Yume: It wasn't our fault! FF.net won't load our clean versions! Oh, speaking of which…

[::IMPORTANT NOTE! PLEASE READ!::]

Yume: There will be a short lemon in the beginning of this chapter as well. No, it's not because now we're hooked on the whole lemon thing, it was a part of our original plot.

CF: Those of you who are UNDERAGE or UNCOMFORTABLE about sexual situations, PLEASE LEAVE! WE GIVE YOU FAIR WARNING!

Yume: This sign: *** will be marked at the beginning and end of the lemon, so those who do not enjoy them, can skip right past it.

CF: IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE CONTACT YOUKAI YUME INSTEAD OF THE ADMINSTRATION! We will fix it for you.

Disclaimer: (sits down and starts to think….still thinking…thinking isn't going to change the fact that I don't own Inuyasha does it?…Damn.)

~ ^_^ ~

Chapter 33: I Wish

The sun was barely peeking over the horizon and the morning proved to be cool and peaceful. And yet despite the brisk morning, he was strangely warm.

Warmth…that was the feeling that engulfed him as he lay in complete contentment with his mate entangled in his arms.

The night before wasn't a dream, he didn't wake up alone like he so often did…It was all real, she was still here with him…in love with him…

Golden eyes roved over her naked form and he smiled, tucking away a strand of wayward hair behind her ear and brushed her bangs.

Sesshomaru's smile grew even wider when he saw the magenta crescent moon that was now forever etched on her forehead. Leaning down, he gave her an affectionately tender kiss on her temple. The momentary warm contact of his lips caused her eyes to flutter open.

Kagome stared up at him with innocent blue eyes, and smiled warmly when their gazes met.

"Good morning my mate," His voice was low and husky, leaning down to kiss her lightly. This caused Kagome to blush pink, as his words brought back the memories of the night before.

"Good morning, Sessho-kun…" She said softly, burying her face into his tail, hiding her flushed face.

The demon lord inwardly chuckled at her still shy behavior, and held her closer. His tail loosened their hold on her lithe form, and he ran his claws lazily up and down her body, causing her to shiver slightly.

"Did you sleep well, love?" He whispered, closing golden eyes and enjoying her calming sakura blossom scent. She nodded against his chest, and Sesshomaru heard her sigh in contentment.

She shifted slightly to sit up, wincing slightly. Sesshomaru watched her with intense depths, flickering momentarily with concern.

"Kagome, daijabou?" He inquired gently. Kagome turned to look at him, sapphire eyes soft, and nodded.

"Yeah, just a little sore though…and…" She brought up a hand and gingerly touch the marks that his fangs had left the night prior on her neck. "You bit me…" Kagome added, glaring at him playfully and giving him a cute pout.

Sesshomaru chuckled, pulling her into his lap so that she was straddling him. She gave a slight gasp as he captured her lips in a fierce kiss.

Kagome instantly melted into him, and she returned the kiss with equal passion, meeting his tongue in a wrestling match. He let out a masculine moan and his hands feverishly roamed her bare skin.

Just as suddenly as he had begun, he withdrew from their heated kiss, causing Kagome to whimper slightly. She licked his lips in an effort to prolong it, but he held her back. Instead, he leaned his head down to lick and nip at the mark, his teeth grazing it gently.

"I marked you as mine…" Sesshomaru whispered against her neck, finally answering her reply. "Mine alone…" Leaning back, he brought clawed hands to caress her face. Kagome watched him with intense eyes all the while, enjoying the feel of his warm hands as it danced up to her forehead and brushed away her raven bangs.

Her eyes widened in confusion when he began to trace the skin there in the pattern of a crescent moon.

"And that, as well as this, signifies that you are now the Lady of the Western Lands." Kagome gasped, her fingers instantly going to her forehead as if she could feel some kind it there. A feeling of joy and elation filled her. `I'm his…' She thought.

Forever would she belong to him…but…as quickly as the joy had filled her, it had left. Instead, it was replaced with a feeling of immense sadness, and she buried her face once more into his fluffy tail.

Sesshomaru was in shock, not understanding why sadness suddenly radiated off of her in waves. And then a pained thought began to consume him. What if Kagome didn't want to become his mate? What if she regretted everything? What if she didn't love him like she had claimed? What if it was all a lie?

`No,' He thought, shaking the thoughts from his head. He refused to believe in such a notion. He couldn't bring himself to believe that everything that had transpired between them meant nothing. He WON'T believe it.

"Kagome…" Sesshomaru whispered softly. "Why are you…"

"Forgive me, Sessho-kun…" She cried, her tears beginning to seep into his fur. He looked questioningly down at her, lifting her gaze to meet his with a hooked finger, and frowned when he saw the tears stream down her face.

"For what, koi?"

Kagome sniffled a bit, and closed pained sapphire orbs.

"For being human…" Shy whispered. Sesshomaru leaned down to kiss her tears away, relieved that it wasn't because she didn't feel the same way about him. `How could I ever doubt her love?'

"Kagome, I don't care, I love you even if you are human…"

"I know, but…" She pulled away from him, refusing to meet his gaze. "Sesshomaru…don't you understand? I'm MORTAL. I don't want to leave you all alone after I'm gone." She kissed his lips gingerly, almost painfully. "I don't want you to suffer…"

Sesshomaru grasped her chin and deepened the kiss, his tongue coaxing her lips open and pouring out all of his passion. Kagome gasped when he let go, working his way down her neck and nibbling on her mark.

"For as long as I can have you…I have no regrets." He whispered huskily against her throat, his warm breath caressing her skin. "I love you…now and forever."

All of Kagome's doubts washed away, and she pulled him back up for a tender kiss. But pretty soon, it turned into something more fervent, filled with desire and want as he slipped his tongue between her lips.

***

Kagome moaned softly into his mouth, her hands roaming his firmly built chest. The demon lord let out a throaty groan when he felt her hands wander farther down, and he instantly felt himself harden at her fiery touch.

His fingers went up to entangle themselves into her hair, letting the strands run through his fingers like liquid. She withdrew from their kiss, panting for air and yet never ceasing her assault on his skin as she sent kisses down his neck and left love bites all over his throat.

Sesshomaru groaned when she shifted around in his lap, and Kagome gasped in return when she felt his apparent arousal press against her thigh. Her hand, now on his waist, tentatively danced over the stripes on the side of his waist, and pretty soon her fingers found themselves curling around his hard shaft.

Kagome watched in fascination as Sesshomaru closed his eyes and his head drooped as he let out a strained moan. She bit her lower lip and stroked his length, growing a bit braver when his hips bucked against her hand and his breathing became heavy.

"Kagome…" He breathed, his arms tightening around her body as she continued to pleasure him with her nimble fingers. The feeling was unbearable, and he almost came right there in her hands, but still he refrained.

He moaned softly as Kagome kissed his chest, trailing down his body with her scorching tongue and lips. The demon lord almost let out a whimper when she removed her hands from him.

But his disappointment was quickly forgotten, as he threw his head backwards, letting out a sound close to a growl and a moan when he felt her tongue replace her fingers.

Kagome inwardly smiled when she saw the reaction she caused upon the demon lord, and it encouraged her to continue. Slowly, she licked the head of his dripping arousalt, tasting his unique flavor and swirling her tongue around it, teasing the sensitive flesh.

Sesshomaru could barely restrain his moans at the feeling. `Sweet torture…' He thought, licking his lips when he felt Kagome's tongue dance up and down his length.

Golden eyes glanced down at the raven head in between his legs, and he buried his fingers in her fine mane, as if to keep her there.

Kagome took it as a sign that he was enjoying it, so she took it one step further…and took him all in her mouth.

Sesshomaru's breath hitched in his throat as he felt Kagome's tongue inflicting pleasure beyond his wildest dreams on himself. Slowly, he could feel her moving back and forth, creating a slow rhythm. The friction and moisture was delightful to his senses, and before long, Sesshomaru found himself falling back against the soft grass, thrusting his hips upwards into Kagome's sweet mouth.

"Gods, Kagome…Don't stop, love…" He groaned, finding himself harder when she began to quicken the pace. Sesshomaru felt the pleasure building, and knew it wouldn't be long until he reached his climax. His hand tightened their hold on her hair and he all but gasped the next words from his strained voice.

"Kagome…I-I'm…" He choked out, looking down at her. "Are you sure?" Kagome didn't stop her movements, but in between her strokes, he saw her nod. That was it, he couldn't hold it in any longer. Throwing his head back, he let out a feral growl as he spilt himself into her moist cavern.

Kagome felt the force of his release as he came into her mouth. A warm, milky liquid poured into her, and she swallowed as much of it as she could. When the last drop was gone, Kagome pulled herself lazily up his body, smiling at the scene that met her eyes.

Sesshomaru lay there, sweat lightly on his brow and he stared at her with half lidded golden eyes, his lips slightly apart as he drew in breath, calming from the remaining tremors of his release.

"Sesshomaru…" She cooed softly, straddling him once more and kissing him tenderly. He returned the kiss, letting his tongue taste himself in her mouth. His hands roamed down to grasp her bottom, easing her down on himself.

She let out a loud moan as he easily filled her, Sesshomaru grunted at the pleasure of once again being within her tight, slick walls. `It's not over yet, my mate…' He thought with eyes darkening in lust. Leaning up, he licked the shell of her ear.

"Ride, my Kagome…" His breath tickled her ear and she shivered at the sound of his husky voice. Blushing, she slowly lifted herself, the eased down on him again, whimpering softly at the pleasure that began to seep through.


Kagome slid lazily up and down his shaft, torturing him in the most sinful of ways, and he gods, he enjoyed every second of it. The need in himself grew, and he could feel his youkai rising. Unable to take the languid pace anymore, he grasped her thighs and began to thrust upwards into her arching body.

"Oh, Sessho," She moaned as he quickened the pace, their bodies sliding against each other. He watched as she rode him, her raven locks cascading over her gleaming shoulder as she eased her body down to lie on his torso. Sesshomaru groaned when he felt her taut nipples brush his fine muscled chest.

He left burning kisses up and down her neck and felt her tremble at the beginnings of her forming orgasm, as her walls began to contract around his throbbing shaft.

The demon lord could tell she was holding back, and he a ghost of a smile appeared on his mouth as he claimed her lips in a passionate kiss.

"Let it go, love…" He whispered against her lips. As soon as the words left his lips, Kagome did just that. Her screams and moans were muffled against his chest as she came all over his member, causing him to throw into his release as well.

"Kagome," He groaned, spilling his hot seed deep into her womb. As the waves of pleasure died away, Kagome collapsed on top of him, her breathing heavy and her body spent.

***

Sesshomaru smiled, and placed a tender kiss on the crescent mark on her brow. Pulling her closer to himself. She nuzzled into his neck and sighed, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"You know, we should really get up, Sessho-kun." She started after they lay like that for a couple of moments. The taiyoukai just let out a dissatisfied grunt and tightened his embrace on her petite form. Kagome giggled, and kissed his neck affectionately.

"I mean it, the sun's already up pretty high…" Still, he did not slacken his hold, and Kagome was vaguely reminded of a pouting puppy. Then a thought cam across her head and she brought a hand up to draw lazy circles on his chest. "If we get up, we can take a bath, and I'll scrub your back…" She added in a singsong voice.

Kagome knew it worked when the demon lord sat up and loosened his hold on her.

"Very well, but this Sesshomaru will be scrubbing YOUR back," He said, with an air of finality and at the same time playfulness that caused her eyes to sparkle.

"As you wish, milord," She answered with equal sarcasm. He kissed her nose affectionately and stood up, pulling her along with him. It was then that ANOTHER thought struck her head, and she leaned forward into his chest with a slight groan.

He raised a delicate eyebrow at her.

"What is it this time?" He asked stoically.

"I just remembered…I still have to straighten things out with Inuyasha…" She mumbled against him. She nearly jumped when she felt a low rumbling emanate from his chest. Kagome looked up curiously at him to see that he was glaring down at her.

Without warning, he crushed her body taut against his, and growled into her hair.

"We will deal with him AFTER our bath." Before she could protest, he had already picked her up bridal style, grabbed their scattered clothing and sped off to the nearest stream.

~ ^_^ ~

The birds chirped merrily in the swaying trees as the monk, taijya, kitsune, and old miko enjoyed their song in the early morning.

Inhaling the brisk morning air, Kaede sighed and turned back to her work, hunched over rooted herbs ready for the picking. Beside her, Shippo eagerly assisted her, pulling out anything he thought might be useful. More than the old woman really wanted.

"Tis a peaceful morning," Kaede said casually, a small smile on her withered lips. "Much more beautiful than the one before, do ye not think so, child?"

Sango, who was sitting on the fence with Miroku by her side nodded.

"Yes, it's lovely," She commented. "It seems as if…" The taijya lingered for the next words, "as if everything is right again…"

Miroku turned to look at her, violet eyes soft in the morning light.

"So, you think that things went well for Kagome and Lord Sesshomaru then?" He asked her. Sango brought a finger to her pursed lips and thought for a while.

"I can't say for sure…"

But before she could finish, Shippo had left past her and bounded off, causing the three of their gazes to follow him.

Their eyes widened momentarily before they broke out into smiles at the sight of the silver taiyuokai and young miko that were approaching them. They noticed that they were walking hand in hand, Kagome smiling broadly and Sesshomaru (thought still emotionless) seemed unable to hide the contentment that shined through his golden depths.

"KAGOME!" Shippo squealed, throwing himself into his surrogate mother's arms. The demon lord narrowed his gaze at the kit slightly but said nothing.

"Shippo!" Kagome giggled, embracing her kit whole-heartedly. "Were you good for Kaede-baba?" He nodded enthusiastically.

"Kagome," Sango ran up to her friend and gave her a loose hug as well, Miroku and Kaede close at her heels. "I'm glad you're alright."

Kagome nodded.

"I came back to get my bag, I need to go back to my era for a while," She said matter of factly. Their eyes widened in shock and confusion.

"You're…you're leaving?!" They all exclaimed. They were all so sure that after last night, she would stay with them. Miroku quickly glanced over to the taiyoukai, who remained as emotionless as ever, and surprisingly calm about the whole thing.

"Lady Kagome, I don't understand," He started.

"NO! I don't want you to leave!" Shippo cried, clinging to her tighter. "Stay here with me, Momma!" Kagome's sapphire irises widened in surprise, and she let out a laugh at their assumption.

"Guys, RELAX! I'm not leaving for good!" A sigh of relief rippled through the group causing her to giggle. "Actually…" Her voice grew soft and quiet. "I'm planning on staying right here…" She glanced lovingly up at the demon lord, who caught her gaze as well, taking her hand in his gently.

No words were spoken, but they knew what her reasons were. She tore sapphire orbs away from her mate and flashed them a huge grin.

"I'm only going back to my era to say goodbye to my family. And I need my bag to get a few last things before I leave for good. I know I will miss them, but this is where I belong." Kagome gave Sesshomaru's hand a gentle squeeze, and the demon lord smiled softly, knowing that she not only meant here as in the feudal era…but here as his mate.

The silence was broken when Kagome noticed the orange fur ball still clinging to her torso.

"Oh! I'm so glad, Kagome-chan!" He squealed, hugging her tighter. It was then that he caught the strong masculine scent that he recognized to be from the male beside her and he raised his head to look at her with questioning green eyes.

"Say, Momma? Why is Sesshomaru-sama's scent all over you?" He asked innocently. The little fox wasn't sure…but it was just like the time his parents had disappeared once in a while and came back covered in each other's scent.

What they did, he still wasn't quite sure, but it must be what his surrogate mother-and now presumably new father-were doing as well.

Kagome sweatdropped at the fox's question, and gave a pleading look over at Sesshomaru, as if asking him to help her out on this one. However, the demon lord merely turned away and gave a small smug smile.

"I have a good guess why…" Drawled a lecherous voice. Kagome turned from Shippo to meet with Miroku, Sango, and Kaede who where smiling knowingly at them. The houshi smiled mischievously. "Would you like me to tell you, Shippo?" He leered, while the little kitsune looked at him questioningly.

"NO, he WOULDN'T!" Kagome and Sango shouted at him, their eyes glaring. The monk merely chuckled, and instead turned to look at the demon lord, who still remained silent through the whole thing. His violet eyes suddenly turned serious.

"Lord Sesshomaru, I assume you took my advice."

Sesshomaru studied Miroku with calculating eyes, and after a while, he nodded. Kagome glanced curiously between the two and tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Kagome!" Sango took her friend's hands in hers. "This means you're his mate now?" She asked, her eyes sparkling. Kagome blushed a deep shade of red.

"H-Hai. It does…"

"Let me have a look at ye, child," Kaede stepped closer to the young girl and pulled her down by the arm so that she was eye-level with the old woman. Aged hands brushed away raven bangs and smiled knowingly at seeing the crescent mark on her forehead.

"Um, Kaede?"

"Ah, so `tis true…" She mused. "I congratulate ye, child. I am most happy for ye and your new mate." She nodded, smiling. Kagome blushed once more, turning to Sesshomaru who watched her with intense golden orbs.

"Sesshomaru-sama, please protect and take care of young Kagome always." The old woman said wisely. The demon lord's eyes flickered momentarily with emotion and he slowly nodded.

"You do not have to worry, miko. I swear that Kagome will be kept safe."

Sesshomaru restrained a smile when he saw Kagome blush and she quickly shook her head to change the subject. She shyly excused herself to get her bag, entering the hut and soon coming out with her trademark yellow backpack.

"Ready, love?" He asked her, not caring when the others raised eyebrows at his pet name for her.

"Just a sec," Kagome slung the bag over her shoulder, turning to the others. "Has anyone seen Inuyasha? I don't want him to worry about where I've gone." She asked in a rather quiet voice.


Sango and Miroku exchanged looks and shook their head.

"I'm sorry, Lady Kagome. But we haven't seen him since yesterday morning…we'll be sure to tell him where you and Sesshomaru-sama went if we run into him," Miroku offered. Kagome nodded.

"Thanks, I still need to give him the Shikon jewel once I return. But I need it to go to my era first." A sad look came over her eyes momentarily, but it was quickly gone. "Make sure he's okay, alright?" She added worriedly.

With that, they bid their farewells and set off for the well that connected their time. Sesshomaru reached out for her hand, which she warmly accepted, and the demon lord did not fail to notice the troubled look that still plagued her pretty features.

~ ^_^ ~

"Mom? Gramps? Sota?" Kagome called from the front door, taking off her shoes and entering the house. Sesshomaru followed her in, his golden eyes glancing around the house just as he had the last time he was there. He'd never get used to this new world…

"Kagome, is that you?" The older woman appeared from the kitchen, a warm smile on her serene face and her eyes widened momentarily when she saw the demon lord. "Oh, and you brought your friend from last time again!" Mrs. Higurashi came up and bowed at him politely. "It's good to see you again, Sesshomaru-sama," She greeted.

The taiyoukai's eyes softened, and he bowed in return as well.

"As it is you," he replied curtly. Afterall, she didn't know it yet, but she was now his mother-in-law…

"Come in! Sit down, would you like some-"

But before she could finish, a little boy sped past them in a black and green blur, and in a second he had latched onto Kagome.

"ONEECHAN!" He shouted, very much reminding her of Shippo. "You've been gone a bit longer than usual…I was beginning to worry and…" Sota trailed off when he caught a sight of the demon lord, his grin widening. "Hey! It's that cool guy from last time!" He chirped.

Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow at the child, still not too fond of the word "cool," but only nodded. He nearly sighed when the boy came up to pet his tail curiously.

"Nice to see you too, Sota," Kagome giggled, turning once more to the door when she heard the heavy footsteps of her grandfather come in.

"Kagome, you're back," he smiled toothily, though it faltered slightly when he saw Sesshomaru behind her. Obviously he was still having a hard time accepting the demon lord. Mrs. Higurashi nudged the older man lightly and muttered a,

"Be nice, grandpa." He only grunted in reply.

"So, Kagome, how long will you be staying this time?" Ji-chan cleared his throat and said hastily. "Or are you just here to restock and leaving to go back and fight your demons and whatnots?"

"Actually…" Kagome shuffled her feet a bit and looked earnestly at her family. "My task in the Feudal Era has been completed." They looked confusedly at her, but soon understood when Kagome pulled out a complete Shikon no Tama.

"Oh! Kagome, I'm so glad!" Her mother came to embrace her, pulling her on the couch so she was sitting beside her. "This means you'll be able to come home again!"

Sesshomaru came and stood beside his mate who was beginning to look very nervous. He knew it would be hard for her, and parting with her only family would be difficult…

Kagome squirmed a bit on her seat, avoiding her mother's gaze. Mrs. Higurashi didn't let this go unnoticed.

"Kagome? What's wrong, honey?"

She bit her lower lip.

"Mom, I'm really sorry, but…" She looked up to meet the older woman's gaze, sapphire pools shining with unshed tears. Her mother's eyes widened and soon softened. Without words, somehow she understood, knew what her daughter was going to say. But she still had to say it. "I've decided to stay in the Feudal Era."

There was a prolonged silence, and sputtering could be heard from both grandpa and Sota. Mrs. Higurashi finally spoke up however, her voice calm, yet laced in sadness.

"I see…" She said slowly. "May I ask, why?"

Kagome glanced nervously at Sesshomaru, who only nodded his reassurance. To their surprise, he took her hand in his and brought it to his lips for a kiss. They're eyes widened in shock. Kagome blushed a bright red.

"She is my mate, and the new Lady of the Western Lands," He answered for her.

"Kagome! You are bound to this demon?!" Grandpa exclaimed, scratching his bald head in shock and confusion. He was earned another hard nudge from her mother as she smiled.

"Is this true, Honey?" She asked gently. Kagome nodded, and brushed aside her bangs to reveal the purple crescent moon on her forehead. Mrs. Higurashi's eyes seemed to flow over with tears all at once as she quickly came over to her daughter and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Kagome, as long as you're happy, I will never hold you back," She cried, hugging her tighter. "Are you sure you want this?" Her daughter slowly returned the embrace, tears beginning to stream down her cheeks as well.

"Yes, Momma. I love him more than anything." She pulled away from her mother's embrace and looked up at Sesshomaru, who gave her a small smile. "I know I will miss it here, and I don't want to leave you, Sota, or Jichan…but a life without Sesshomaru, isn't worth living…" Kagome finished quietly.

"What about school?" Her grandfather questioned. Kagome shook her head.

"I know I can't catch up with the many absences and classes I've missed. And besides, in the Feudal Era, I won't have any use for all of that stuff." She admitted. Sapphire eyes dropped to her little brother, who was tugging at her sleeve, a sad look on his young face.

"Oneechan…does this mean we won't see you anymore?" He asked hopefully. Kagome closed her eyes, unable to answer, and instead drew her younger sibling into a tight embrace. Somehow, although however young he was, he understood.

He began to chuckle slightly.

"You know, Sis…I always thought you'd end up with Inuyasha-neechan…" He said honestly. Sesshomaru let out a low growl at this, causing the boy to jump slightly. "B-but, Sesshomaru's a cooler big brother anyway!" He added quickly.

Mrs. Higurashi stood up, her hands wiping the remainder of her tears as she came up to the demon lord. He looked at her intently, eyes never leaving hers as he felt a sense of respect, and a new bond of family form. She smiled warmly at him, and he knew where Kagome had gotten her compassion and kindness.

"You are in love with my daughter?"

"Yes, unconditionally," The demon lord responded without hesitation.

"Well then, I guess this means…Welcome to the family. Please take care of my daughter, since I cannot." She said sadly, and yet her voice still held a tone of happiness as she held out a hand.

Surprised at her quick acceptance, he took her offering hand and placed a respectful kiss on the older woman's slender fingers.

"You have my word as the Taiyoukai of the Western Lands."

She nodded, drawing away from him and looking once more at her daughter.

"It's such a shame!" She started. "I won't even get to see my grandchildren!" Kagome blushed at this.

"Mom! You're jumping ahead…" In the background her grandfather was bustling about, suddenly very happy about her union and dug through closets to find good luck charms for their bond. Kagome could only sweatdrop.

"Come on Kagome, let me help you pack your last things. Oh!" Before they could say anything, her mother had left the room and went upstairs. Sesshoamru glanced questioningly down at his mate, who shrugged in return.

Moments later, Mrs. Higurashi came downstairs with a camera in one hand, and a bagged white dress on a hanger in the other. Kagome gasped when she saw it, and her mother only smiled broadly.

"Please? As a farewell present?" Her mother pleaded.

~ ^_^ ~

It was the perfect morning…everyone practically saw it that way. But for the lonely hanyou who still sat perched atop his Goshinboku tree, it was nothing short of empty. His heart seemed to ache with a terrible yearning for the young girl that he had unwittingly pushed away.

Jumping from his perch, he glanced over at the huge scar on the side of the tree. The mark that signified his state of sleep for fifty years. `This is where I first laid eyes on her…my Kagome…' He thought wistfully.

He loved her, he could see it plainly now, and though it hurt terribly that he knew she was in love with his half-brother, he was also glad. He was glad that Kagome had found happiness.

"If anyone deserves it, she does…" He whispered to himself.

Just then, a huge gust of wind blew fiercely, causing the falling leaves to dance in hypnotic swirls. Inuyasha growled and grasped the hilt of his sword instinctively when he recognized the scent, and narrowed his eyes when he saw the figure of a little silver-haired girl with blank eyes come into view.

`Kanna…' He growled in his mind. `I thought she had perished along with Naraku…but if SHE'S here, then…'

"Show yourself, Kagura!" He snarled, and the slender shadow of the wind demoness appeared behind her younger sister. Her crimson eyes watched him intently. "What do you want? Come to avenge your master?" He spat.

She scoffed.

"Hardly. I hated that hanyou with a passion. I merely came here to express my gratitude to the miko."

Inuyasha relaxed at her words.

"Gratitude?"

Her lips curled in a smile, not one tainted in malice, but a true smile. Inuyasha watched in shock as slowly, the little girl holding the mirror smiled as well. Emotion flickering across black depths.

"Kagome freed us…" Kanna started in an eerie whisper. "We are forever in her debt."

"So…that's it? You're just here to thank her?" He asked, his voice full of disbelief. Kagura nodded.

"Yes, but I see the miko is not here. If you see her, please tell her that we are truly sorry for causing you and your friends any suffering. We will repent in any way we can. And also, tell Kagome that we are eternally grateful."

Inuyasha nodded, watching as the wind witch plucked the feather from her hair and placing it on the ground, next to her sister's mirror, which Kanna got rid of as well.

"Give her these, and she will understand." Kanna finished, and took her sister by the hand. Kagura smiled once more, crimson eyes soft as she turned to leave into the forest once more.

However, before she left, she could sense the hanyou's grieving aura, and immediately knew it had something to do with the young miko. She chuckled.

"Inuyasha," She drawled, her voice singsong like it usually was. "If Kagome could forgive someone as despicable as Naraku…then believe me, she will be able to forgive you."

Inuyasha stood there, stunned as he watched the two incarnates of Naraku disappear further and further away into the confining trees, never to be seen again. And he couldn't help but hope, that Kagura was right….that Kagome would not turn away from him, and that he could salvage what was left of his relationship with her.

As if in tune with his thoughts, the wind blew softly, caressing his skin lightly. And on the cool breeze, he caught the unforgettable scent of Kagome…and his brother. Taking the mirror and feather that Kagura and Kanna left behind, he started off for the bone eater's well.

~ ^_^ ~

The well flashed with a temporary blue light before two figures jumped out of it. Kagome held onto Sesshomaru tightly, unwilling to let go as she let her family's farewells play over and over again in her mind.

A smile curved on her lips when she remembered the way her mother's eyes lighted up when she saw her put on her wedding dress. The tears had cascaded down her cheeks as she choked out directions for Sesshomaru to stand next to Kagome so that she could take a picture of them.

Kagome knew she had always wanted to see her daughter get married, and this was the closest that she could get. Blushing, she had woven her arm in Sesshomaru's and the picture had been taken. Kagome and Sesshomaru. "Husband and Wife." Kagome nearly giggled when she recalled her mother also took a snapshot of Sesshomaru bending down to give her chaste kiss.

Sota had run away screaming "EEEW!" then, while her mother was murmuring "Awwwww."

Yes, she was still smiling. She couldn't cry…not anymore.

She had left all her tears behind with her family, and now she was starting a new life.

"I'm going to miss them…" Kagome said softly. Sesshomaru pulled her against his chest and gently wrapped his tail around her waist, kissing her temple.

"I'm here, love," he whispered comfortingly into her hair.

Soft footsteps resounded in the forest, and the demon lord drew his arms around his mate protectively when the footsteps grew nearer. He loosened his hold when he saw Inuyasha emerge from the trees into the clearing.

Kagome let out a surprised gasp and stared with intense sapphire eyes into his amber ones. Love, regret, sorrow, pleading, and understanding flickered between them.

The hanyou had to refrain from cringing when he saw his brother hold her as he did…so protective… `Like the way I used to hold her…' He thought ruefully. But he shook his head and smiled instead, not showing his pain.

"Hey…" He said casually. Kagome smiled, and turning to Sesshomaru she gave his arm a gentle squeeze. She seemed to be saying, `I need to solve this out on my own.' He nodded at her, and kissed her lightly on her cheek.

"I'll be nearby," He whispered into her ear before releasing her and walking past his brother, leaving the two of them alone. But not before they exchanged looks at each other-this time void of any hatred or threat. It was just words without speech between brothers.

The clearing was silent for many moments, as the two just stood in each other's presence. Only the sound of the chirping birds and rustling of trees could be heard. Finally, Kagome approached him, taking cautious steps towards the hanyou.

Inuyasha's amber eyes never left hers, watching her every move as she came ever closer. When she was only a yard away, he couldn't hold his gaze anymore.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said, his eyes focused on his feet. He was mildly shocked when he felt warm arms embrace him gently.

"Inuyasha…I'm the one who should be sorry…It must really hurt…" She whispered, her voice pained. Inuyasha couldn't help it, he embraced her back.

"Gods, Kagome…How could you forgive just like that?" He asked, his voice strained. "How…after everything I did…Kagome." He pulled her back, amber eyes shining with emotion. He honestly didn't know how she could forgive him. In the one moment that she had said she loved his brother…

The searing pain of having your soul torn in two. `Was this the suffering that I made her go through every time I was with Kikyo?' He cringed at the thought. `I don't deserve her forgiveness…'

But Kagome merely shook her head and smiled.

"You're my best friend, Inuyasha. I could never stay mad at you…Even when you were a big jerk…" She joked, her eyes glinting in the sunlight. A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. "Inuyasha, I love you. You have to believe that, ever since the beginning. And even though that love has changed over time, I still love you nonetheless."

Inuyasha nodded, understanding what she was trying to say. `Only friends…' the words felt so painful and at the same time lifting to his soul. He drew her in for another hug. `If I cannot have her love then I will gladly accept her friendship.'

"I understand, I just wished I could've seen it sooner." She nodded.

"So, are we friends again?" Kagome asked timidly. Inuyasha smiled.

"Feh. Whatever."

This caused Kagome to laugh and she felt herself grow lighter.

"Oh, just so you know…I've decided to stay here, for good." She said. He turned to her, his smile not leaving his face. He knew the reason why…he could smell his brother all over her, and the mating mark was visible slightly on her neck.

Kagome seemed to read his thoughts and blushed.

"Well, besides Sesshomaru…It's also because of the promise I made to you…you know, about me being by you forever?" Inuyasha swallowed, recalling that fateful day. Kagome giggled. "I don't plan to break any promises soon!"

He chuckled, and found himself oddly blessed at having Kagome for a best friend. It was then that he was reminded of a certain wind witch and her sister.

"Oh, Kagome," He started, reaching into his hoari. She glanced at him curiously as he pulled out a mirror and a feather. Familiar….

She gasped.

"That's…"

"Yeah," He mumbled. "They stopped by earlier today, saying they wanted to thank you for freeing them." He said casually as if he could care less. "They wanted you to have these."

Kagome gingerly took Kagura and Kanna's keepsake into her hands and examined them, sapphire eyes sparkling in delight.

"They really weren't all that bad…" She mused. Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and smiled, then she reached into the collar of her shirt to take out the Shikon no Tama that hung around her neck. Carefully, she removed it over her head, and took his hand.

"I had promised this to you as well," She placed the complete jewel in his palm. The stone glowed momentarily upon contact, causing him to stare at it in wonderment. Inuyasha looked quickly up at Kagome, who did not tear her eyes from his.

"A-Are you sure?" He asked. She nodded.

"Of course, I originally set out to do this for your happiness. So please, take it." Kagome closed his fingers around the sphere, seeing as the hanyou remained paralyzed from shock. "The Shikon is finally yours. Whatever you decide to wish with it, I support you one hundred percent. Just please be careful about it, `kay?"

Giving him one last warm smile, she brushed past him and took the path down Kaede's village, leaving the hanyou with his life's wish in the palm of his hand. And all he could do was stare down at the jewel…wondering for the first time-truly the first time.

`What is it that I really want?'

~ ^_^ ~

Night had fallen, and the sound of calling crickets reached his sensitive ears. The wind caressed his silver locks gently and he sighed.

Hours had passed. And still Inuyasha had been unable to decide on his wish. Amber eyes lifted from the jewel to stare off at the hut in the distance, where he knew Kagome and Sesshomaru were with the others. They were planning to leave for the Western Lands the next day, and stay for tonight.

Inuyasha let his mind wander briefly to the girl that bestowed upon him the jewel in his palm.

"Kagome…" He whispered her name. She had done so much for him already…sacrificed all she had to ensure his happiness…and in return all he had ever done was hurt her.

He cringed at the thought of his most recent wrong against her-forcing her to accept him. He believed that if he forced her to see his love, she would have no other choice but to accept.

Inuyasha lowered his head in shame. His grip tightened on the Shikon. Yet she still forgave him, given him the jewel and told him to make his wish.

He originally wanted to be full demon…why, he wasn't sure. Maybe he only wanted to be accepted…yes, that was it. He wanted a place for himself in this harsh world, and the humans didn't want him, so he sought power.

But then…when he fell in love with Kikyo…he had wanted to become human…to be with her…to be accepted by her…

But now that she was gone, where did he belong?

`Kagome accepted me…' He thought. Yes, she had loved him for who he was, never once asking him to change, unlike Kikyo. Without knowing it, she had given him his greatest desire all along. His place was here, with her and his friends, with his brother, which he was now able to bridge their relationship…Inuyasha just realized.

"I had a family, a place where I belonged all along…" He muttered, staring once again at Kaede's village. `Right here.'

Eyes focused on the jewel. `Kagome has already given me so much…more than I can ever repay. All she ever wanted was my happiness…and she never asked anything in return…This is…' Amber orbs closed shut as he focused his entire being into his wish. Never before had he been so sure.

`This is the least I could do for her.' A smile graced his lips as the jewel glowed a fierce pink, brimming with energy and power. Inuyasha held it close.

"I wish…"

[END NOTE!]

Yume: Hi, yeah, sorry again for being so long with the update. But yeah, testing week. (groan)

CF: Yays! (yawn) it's almost…over…

Yume: Yup, so stick around for the NEXT CHAPTER!! Go on, guess, what did Inu wish for? ^^

CF: Sowwy, no review responses this week, we're way too tired, and there's too many people to list!

Yume: THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR REVIEWS! Please read and review for this chapter. We appreciate each and every single one, so don't be lazy! Drop one it. Just click that cool button on the bottom! ^^

CF: IF YOU HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE LEMON, CONTACT YUME!

Yume: That is all. Until next week, watch out for chappie 34!

Ja Ne! ^_~