InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fuyu no Shimekiri ❯ The Morning After the Morning After ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 22: The Morning After the Morning After

True to his words, the new mates were not seen that next day, and the inhabitants of the palace were several times startled when Sesshoumaru's roars of conquest shook the walls. His mother merely smiled, her thoughts on the possible consequences of the day... pups. She was looking forward to being a grandparent.

Koga stayed away, unable to stand the thought of what he knew was happening within the ancient walls of the shiro - not when he'd always hoped that it would be he himself pleasuring Kagome... it was going to take time before he'd be able to move on from this, and he knew it. The only good thing about this as far as he was concerned was that she was obviously happy - happier than he'd ever seen her. That had to count for something.

Shippo, on the other hand, was simply ecstatic for his mother. She'd been alone for so long - far too long for someone so loving, and he felt she deserved the happiness the daiyoukai obviously gave her. He knew that Inuyasha was suffering over this, but honestly, as much as he disliked the thought of his friend hurting, in the end, he couldn't escape from the fact that it was Inuyasha's own fault, and he was simply getting a taste of his own medicine.

As for the Western court? Most were pleased that their Lord had finally chosen a mate - although quite a few females privately hated the new Lady. Most knew better than to say anything or give that fact away, however, because it was obvious that Sesshoumaru was completely in love with her and would tolerate no disrespect to her... and then there was the fact of her own awesome power. No one in the courts had an aura anywhere near as powerful as hers, except Sesshoumaru himself. And that pretty much said it all.

Within the suite of rooms given over to the comfort of the daiyoukai and his new mate, Kagome's mind was humming with bliss. She had never known pleasure such as her mate had given her, repeatedly. Not that any of this was one-sided, of course. After all, she originally came from a time where sex was openly discussed, and could be seen anywhere. She may have been a virgin, but she knew quite a bit about the male body - and how to pleasure it.

Sesshoumaru had enjoyed every bit of it - and when he'd been surprised by her going down on him, she'd been startled, and asked why he was. According to what he'd told her, female youkai did not perform that type of act on male youkai. When she'd frowned and asked why, he'd simply bared his fangs - then pointed out that most males wouldn't be comfortable with something that sharp near such a sensitive area. Brow raised, she'd merely nodded, and then proceeded to wrap her mouth around that sensitive area and continue pleasuring her mate.

He hadn't tried to stop her, either.

All in all, Kagome thought, as she lay curled up against his chest, her mating day was one she knew she'd never forget. She hadn't thought it possible, but she was even deeper in love with him than ever - and she knew that it would only grow as the years passed. It was somehow surprising to look back and realize that he had been courting her for only a little over a month... it seemed, from where she was now, that they'd been together for years. She smiled, and nuzzling into his chest, pressed an open-mouthed kiss to the silky flesh under her.

Her thoughts shifted once again as he purred at her, sliding this time to Inuyasha. As happy as she was, she remembered what misery felt like, and she felt sadness sift through her for his hurt. Nothing she'd ever done had been done to cause him pain, and she said so aloud. She felt Sesshoumaru stiffen, and tapped his chest with her hand.

"Stop it, Maru-chan. After the last day, can you honestly tell me you have cause to be jealous of him? Think about it, beloved." She smiled into his skin as she breathed in his scent. "If he and I had been meant to be, things wouldn't have happened the way they did. First, I'm in love with him, but he loves someone else, and now, I'm completely lost in you, and now he decides he loves me? No. We just weren't meant for each other."

Sesshoumaru exhaled softly at her words. "Hn. I never thought of it that way, koi. You are correct. You were not meant for him. If you had been, you would not fit me the way that you do."

"And I'm glad you finally see that, my Lord," she said, archly. "It took you long enough to figure that out. I've told you over and over that you had no competition, you know."

His arms tightened around her. "Indeed you have, beloved." Tilting her head up, he smiled down at her sweet face. "Come, my miko, I think we would do well to take a bath - after everything we have been doing, the hot water will do you good."

Pulling herself up excitedly, she grinned. "Let's go, then, saiai. And maybe when we get back, dinner will be here. I have to say that I'm extremely hungry."

Chuckling, he stood and followed her into the bathing room.

By the following morning, he had detected a new scent twined within hers, and joy shot through him. For so long, he'd begun to wonder if he'd ever have the family he'd secretly always desired... and now, he would. His miko was pupped, and as he rolled her over and began kissing her awake, he hoped the news excited her as much as it did him.

It did.

As they readied themselves to leave their rooms for breakfast, Sesshoumaru decided to announce her pregnancy that same night, at the formal mating dinner that most of the court, and the other Lord's, would be attending. No one would realize she was pupped before then, the scent was faint, and he only was able to tell because he had been rubbing his nose in her belly.

His beast was content, he was content, and nothing could shake his happiness on this day... not even the fact that when they finally managed to make it out of their rooms, they encountered a very irritated Satori arguing with an equally annoyed Inuyasha. As soon as they entered the dining room, though, all talk stopped, and Inuyasha spun to face the two, nose telling him exactly what had occurred over the last few days.

Closing his eyes briefly, he summoned every bit of strength he had, and opening his eyes, he bowed to his brother, who had been staring at him steadily, and Kagome, and said, "Congratulations, brother, on your mating. Kagome," he gave a smile tinged with sadness, "I hope he can give you the happiness you deserve - the happiness I never could." With those words, he let his brother and everyone else know that he stood behind the new couple, and immediately, the tension in the room eased.

"So, Inuyasha, what are you doing here, anyway? I know I invited you," Kagome said, as she sat next to her mate, "but didn't I say in a month?"

Satori raised a brow at her and sat to the left of her son, as Inuyasha sat further down after Sesshoumaru nodded his head in acceptance. She didn't say anything, however, leaving her questions for later.

Inuyasha took a plate and began filling it, before reaching into his haori and pulling something from it and placing it on the floor. He gestured at it, and said, "I ran across Kirara as I was on my way back this way from the southern lands, and she decided she wanted to come see you."

Kagome's eyes widened as Kirara trotted over to her and mewed, then rubbed against her, purring. "Kirara!" She swept her up in her arms, grinning. "I'm so glad to see you!"

Kirara curled up in Kagome's lap, purring all the while, and she smiled down at her old friend sadly, thoughts on Sango. She missed her... and Miroku. Shaking her head, she put the sadness aside, and smiled over at Inuyasha.

"Well, Inuyasha, since your here, why don't you stay? The formal dinner to announce our mating is tonight..." she trailed off, glancing sideways at her mate when she realized he may not want his brother there. She was relieved to see that he merely raised a brow at her mildly, then nodded.

Inuyasha watched the byplay, and when he saw that Sesshoumaru didn't seem to be bothered with the invitation, he agreed.

Sesshoumaru had not one problem with either of his now former rivals for his miko's heart being in attendance at the dinner where his dominance over his chosen was announced. Especially as he had a further announcement that would put them even further in their places - the fact that he'd already pupped her.

No one could ever dispute the fact that she was his, eternally - his mate, the mother of his pups, his life. His. Never anyone elses.

He'd sworn once, to his brother, after he'd initially brought her body to the shiro, that one day, he'd find her soul, even if it was in another body, and he would mate her. And he'd done just that, although he was much happier with the fact that it was her, and not a reincarnation. He'd told his brother that he would never have her - and he wouldn't.

Koga walked into the dining room at that moment, and immediately, the insults started flying between he and Inuyasha, making Sesshoumaru sigh, and Kagome roll her eyes.

"Okay, guys, that's enough out of you two. I will not have you messing up this day, understand? If you two feel the need to establish dominance, do it somewhere else - like in the dojo." She glared at them fiercely, and both males submitted, Inuyasha's ears drooping, and Koga's tail going between his legs - and Satori laughed lightly at the picture the two made.

"It seems they are already used to submitting to her as the alpha female, Sesshoumaru. She has them well-trained."

The two males scowled and started to deny it, but backed down quickly when she flared her aura at them, neither wanting to faced an angry Kagome.

Shippo just shook his head. "You two should know better by now, but it seems you guys are still just as dumb as you used to be when it comes to Kagome."

The three people sitting at the head of the table stood up and left, to the accompanying tunes of an irate Inuyasha yelling at and chasing a laughing Shippo, while Koga looked on and encouraged the kitsune.

The servants finally became tired of waiting to clear up from breakfast and chased the three out.

Kagome sighed, happiness seeping from every pore on her body as they reached her favorite spot in the garden. Sesshoumaru caught her eye on him and smiled slightly at her, reaching out, he gently clasped her hand in his and led her to her seat at the foot of the tree. Sitting down, he pulled her into his lap, and wrapped his arms around her waist protectively.

Satori smiled at the picture they made. She was well pleased with her son's choice of mate - she was most definitely his equal in every way.

"So, mother, is everything on schedule for the dinner this evening?"

"Yes. Most of the court will be there, although," she smirked at her son, "I've been wading through the gossips and it seems that there are quite a few females that are very unhappy with the mate you have chosen, Sesshoumaru. I gather that most of those had hoped to mate you themselves at some point. Some may even be foolish enough to challenge you, my dear," as she caught Kagome's suddenly irritated glare.

Kagome growled low in her throat. "Let them try it. They won't get very far. He's mine."

Sesshoumaru grinned inwardly, pleased at her possessive reaction, and deeply amused by her little ningen growls. If they had been alone, he'd already be stripping her - there was something seriously sexy about that sound from her throat. Since his mother was here, however, he'd behave. For now.

"Indeed, my miko. Just as you are mine. I would accept no other as mate, have no fear."

"Hmph. I'm not worried about that, Maru-chan, it's just seriously annoying that they'd try to take you from me." She stuck her nose in the air. "Doesn't matter, I suppose. None of those females are powerful enough to defeat this Kagome."

Sesshoumaru growled playfully at her mimicry of him while his mother chuckled. "Hm. She knows you well, Sesshoumaru." She shook her head. "Do not be concerned, Kagome. You are correct. Even if one of those females gathers enough courage to challenge you, they would be no threat to one of your power."

The daiyoukai straightened proudly. "No, they would not be. None can threaten this Sesshoumaru, or his Lady." His tone was cold. "None are powerful enough to do so."

Satori nodded, then, deciding to lighten things up, asked, "So, my dear, have you decided which kimono to wear this evening?"

Kagome started to shake her head, when her mate said, "I have had a special one commissioned, my Kagome, for just this occasion. It is to be delivered this afternoon - I hope it will please you enough to wear it this night."

Kagome spun on his lap and looked up into his face with a pleased smile. "Really? When did you do that?"

"Before the assassination attempt, in fact, it was the day after you agreed to let me court you." His voice softened. "It was in the nature of an... attempt to be positive, and think only towards our mating - instead of fearing that you would decide we would not suit."

Her heart melted at his admission of his fears where she was concerned, and she cupped his cheek in her palm and slid her lips softly over his. "There was little chance I would deny you, beloved, even that first day. You really had no reason to worry, you know."

He closed his eyes for a moment, then nodded, and, opening his eyes, caught her gaze again. "Good."

Satori watched the two that had obviously forgotten her presence, and stood, silently slipping away to finish any last minute details for the dinner. She wanted everything to be perfect for her son and his chosen...

They deserved it.