InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Halloween Tree ❯ All Natural ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Halloween Tree.
 
Disclaimer: I'll own Inuyasha when I turn 1,495,483,928,847,473,483 years old.
 
 
-Chapter3-
 
 
 
 
 
 
*********
Kagome was looking out of the window of Sango's car. She had no idea where her sister was and didn't really care as long as she had Sango. Sango rode a pink sports car that seemed to fit her completely, though it wasn't really Kagome's style. She preferred something less classy.
“Oh that's right, Kagome. I was going to tell you the legend of the house, wasn't I?” Sango asked, looking at Kagome for a second before turning back to the street.
“Yeah, you were. How's the story go?”
“Well, there was a family that once lived there. They consisted of a mother, a father, a daughter and two sons. They were a happy wealthy family in the 1950's, about fifty years ago. Everything was fine and dandy. They were great neighbors, giving things to the poor, and donating things and stuff like that.
One day though, the daughter died. She was only six years old at the time. People say that she either got a terrible fever, or the father had killed her.”
Kagome gasped
“Yup, I think it was the fever though. I mean, who would kill there own daughter?”
“It happens…” Kagome sighed.
“Well then on with the story. So after the little girl died, everything went hectic with the family. They stopped donating, giving to the poor and completely blocked out everything around them except themselves. Soon, about a year later, it was said that the eldest brother had died, out of misery. The rest of the family is unknown though. Some people say that you can see a woman crying in one of the windows, sad about her lost children that died, so apparently that was the mom. People described her as having black hair, and skin as pale as the white moon, but that's all they could see because her hands covered her eyes and her loud cries echoed through the neighborhood.”
Kagome's eyes widened.”So you're telling me, that we're going to a party where two people died fifty years ago?”
“That seems about right. That's why a lot of people are going to be there, that's for sure.”
Kagome gulped, and nodded.
“We're around the corner now from the mansion, so keep your eyes peeled.” Sango said.
Kagome did, her eyes were mere inches from the glass window, waiting for the said house to show up in her vision. When Sango turned the corner, she saw the biggest mansion her eyes had ever laid eyes on. It was once white, she could tell, but the white had been taken over by a black dust of paint, leaving patches of white still showing since it was so old. The house stood about seven or eight stories, and had about ten windows on the front side of the house, and couldn't count the rest on the other side because she couldn't see it that well. It looked like the house also had a tower towering over everyone who saw.
 
Sango parked across the street into a random parking lot and took her keys out of the ignition then got out of her car in her witch costume. She walked a few paces away when she noticed Kagome wasn't following. She turned around and yelled,
“Let's get going Kagome! This party doesn't last forever you know!”
Kagome blinked and looked at Sango. A surprised “oh!” escaped her and got out of the car to walk over to where Sango was.
Kagome looked up at the mansion that towered over herself and Sango. It was huge! Those people were pretty wealthy, weren't they? Kagome then noticed all the people standing inside of the gate of the mansion. It seemed like thousands of people were there, maybe more. There were goblins, goons, witches, mummies, and skeletons. Most of them looked…ahem…. Not for children's view, just like her own. Sango started to walk towards the crowd of monsters and fairies, and Kagome followed her with her arms crossed awkwardly. Sango looked back and smiled.
“Loosen up, Kagome, you look spectacular.”
Kagome blushed and kept walking. As she walked, she felt pairs and pairs of eyes on her, and she felt more than a little uncomfortable. She walked slowly behind Sango, feeling as if a big cloud had just come over her head.
`Please don't look at me.'
She walked to the front of the crowd with Sango and absolutely hated it up there. This is also where the teacher in her first period class put her. In the front, where everyone could see, to make fun of, to stare.
 
 
`I'm not worth it'
 
She felt everyone staring. Why…why were they staring? Did she have fungus growing on the back of her head, another head growing on her back? Maybe it was the dress; maybe it looked absolutely horrible on her. But what about what Sango said? Was she saying that just because she was her friend? Maybe it was out of sympathy?
 
`Stop looking!'
 
Sango looked down at Kagome to see her trembling all over.
“Oh shit. Kagome are you alright? Do you need to leave?” She hugged her.
Kagome lightly hugged her back, telling and trying to reassure herself that she was fine, even though her heart was pounding in her ears loudly.
“Sango, is there a bathroom around here? I just really want to get out of these clothes. I hate them.” Kagome said chokingly.
“Yeah, there's a WacDonalds just across the street that has a bathroom. Come on, I'll take you there.”
Kagome nodded and they both walked away from the crowd of staring people and across the street with Kagome's head bowed low. They first made a stop at the car to get the bag Kagome had brought of extra clothes and kept walking till they were at WacDonalds. They went in and Kagome walked into the bathroom by herself to get changed into her own clothes. She came out a moment later in a pair of dark jeans and a small blue sweater with a black tank top under it. Sango gave her thumbs up, and they both walked back over to the party.
Kagome felt less self conscious now, since she had on more fabric, even if Sango picked them. She had also brought her thick glasses and put them on top of her head, just in case. Her hair was down and cascading down over her fore head and her shoulders, going down to her lower back.
They had made it back to the crowd in record time, as the door was about to creek open.
 
******************** *
Miroku looked everywhere for Sango and Kagome. He couldn't see them anywhere. He found some of his friends from school but he couldn't find her. As much as he wanted to see Kagome in that Halloween costume, he wanted to see Sango a little more. Well, a lot more. He thought he had caught glimpses of them walking, but then he couldn't find them again for this crowd was humongous. He had one question on his mind, though.
 
Who was hosting this party?
The same question seemed to be running through everyone else's mind. Everyone knew no one had dared to host a party here from their school because of the legend, so it had to be someone in the neighborhood or out of town or something. They would find out soon enough.
 
The doors of the mansion slowly creaked open, and everyone stopped talking in excitement. Once the door was fully open though, nothing came out, and inside all you could see was darkness. Then faintly, you could hear a soft, mourning sound. It was someone crying. It was mournful, so depressing, that even some of the people standing outside of the door were sniffing and trying to hold back their tears. It got louder, and sadder than before. This time you heard a few sobs from the crowd. Miroku stood still, wondering if he should be scared or not.
 
Something white flashed in his vision and he looked up, and saw a woman in a window about middle aged, crying her heart out. Her skin was pale as snow, and she had long black hair flowing behind her. Her hands were once covering her eyes until she removed them and looked down at the group of dressed up people.
 
Her tears were red against her cheeks, falling down to the ground the crowd all imagined. Her eyes were a deep crimson that looked like they had no life inside of them, but her eyes pierced through everyone.
 
************** *
Kagome heard a lot of gasps as the lady crying looked down from her window. To say she wasn't scared was a lie. When she looked down, it seemed as if she was looking right at her, trying to tell her something that Kagome could just not understand. The lady then turned back to crying, putting her hands back over her eyes. This lasted for another thirty seconds or so until her sobs turned into screams and her screams turned into gurgles of nothing till at last her body kind of fuzzed and disappeared. Everyone stood still, trying not to just run from the scene.
 
Then there was footsteps coming from the door way. Everyone's head shot quickly down to look at the door.
First all Kagome could see was nothing but the darkness etching in every corner of the house. Her heart beat was going a mile a minute, waiting for the host of this party to come out. She saw a small golden light at the very end, and as the seconds ticked by, it looked more purple than gold. The footsteps stopped.
 
And out came a Woman.
 
It looked as if she was about at least seventeen-maybe eighteen. Her dark, violet wide eye made her look mischievous, mysterious and innocent at the same time. She had medium-length midnight-black hair, coming past her shoulders, and her bangs covered one eye. Her costume was a red little dress, and she had two horns pinned on the sides of her head.
 
 
 She stood there for a moment, looking at everyone and anyone. Then she quietly said (and everyone leaned in),
“…Trick.”
Then a slow smile came to her face.
“Would you like your treat?”
The young woman slowly moved out of the way of the door.
Everyone in the crowd was silent for a moment, just staring at the woman who had uttered those soft five words. Then like a herd of wild animals, they burst out into cheers and pushed and shoved to get inside the tall haunted mansion. So, the host was a young girl, huh?
 
Interesting.
 
Kagome walked slowly to the entrance of the door. It wasn't as if the entrance of the house was small, no, it was far from it. It just wasn't going to fit a million people all at once. Sango walked beside her, probably thinking the same thing.
 
“Sango, Kagome!” She heard someone call from the dissipating crowd. She looked around and saw Miroku in his mummy costume.
“Oh hey Miroku! Where have you been?” Sango yelled while waving.
 
“I've been looking for you guys since I've got here, and I couldn't find you. Kagome! You look great! But alas, no costume.” Miroku slumped, really wanting to see her in her Halloween costume.
“Oh sorry Miroku, I didn't want to wear it, I thought it was too revealing.” Kagome said.
“It's ok, I still like the clothes you have on now, pretty sexy if you ask me.” Miroku wiggled his eyebrows, and Kagome blushed. Sango slapped him on the arm.
 
 
`You're lying.'
 
Miroku then turned to Sango, and looked her up and down for a second. Then, he smiled and tried to give her a hug.
“Oh Sango! You're so dreamy in that costume! I could just eat you all up.”
Sango put her hands up to block the oncoming attack of Miroku's hug.
“Thanks for the compliment…I think, but no thanks for the hug. Who knows where those wondering hands might travel to?” Miroku sighed, and put his hands down. He then looked up at the entrance.
“Shall we go in? We are the only ones out here.”
“We shall!” Both the girls said in unison. Deep brown clashed with smoky teal in wonder, and the two girls laughed.
“Jinxyouowemeasoda!” Kagome yelled really fast, and Sango sighed, crossing her arms over her chest and whispering, “Oh damn, I suck at that game.”
 
************ *
They were the last people to get inside the mansion, but when they did, all of their mouths dropped and they huddled close together. It was big on the inside. Right now they were standing in a long narrow hallway, and there were at least six different paths you could choose. Being smart though, the hostess of the party put little signs in light red ink `Party this way.' The walls were black, the ceilings were black, hell, everything was black. Well, except the fake (or was it?) blood oozing down the walls. Not scary, not scary at all, ahem.
The group of three walked slowly down the corridor, looking this way and that. Blood was sinking off of every part of the walls, and it seemed as if you could just taste the metallic flavor in your mouth. As they kept following the signs for what seemed like forever, they finally started to hear music.
“Ok well I don't know about you guys, but I think I want to go where the party is at and leave these hallways.” Sango said, holding Miroku's hand.
“Same!” Kagome and Miroku whispered at the same time. Again, Smoky teal clashed with shocking blue eyes. Miroku opened his mouth-
“Jinxyouowemeasoda!” Kagome screamed, happy that she had one for the second time that day. Miroku sighed as they kept walking.
They had finally made it to the main room, and the music was blasting. People were dancing, and the room was…black. It was a big, black ball room. People were dancing in the middle of the room, and there were tables set up for beverages and food in every corner. Sango and Miroku smiled. Now this was their type of party. They walked down the stairs that led them to the beverages to get them selves riled up. Kagome stood still, looking at the two friends walk away.
She didn't drink.
And she had no idea how to dance.
Kagome sighed and decided to just sit down on one of the chairs they had available on the sides. She sat there, watching the strange people dance to the music in sync.
 
 
 
He wears his heart safety pinned to his backpack
His backpack is all that he knows
Shot down by strangers
whose glances can cripple
the heart and devour the soul
 
She felt left out… Everyone was having such a good time, even Sango and Miroku. Kagome looked in the middle where mostly everyone was and found her two favorite people. She blushed though, and turned away quickly at what she saw.
 
All alone he turns to stone
While holding his breath half to death
Terrified of what's inside
To save his life
He crawls like a worm from a bird
(ALL ALONE)
Crawls like a worm from a bird
 
 
 
 
Kagome tried to block the music out; the words coming a little too close to home. Her eyes dulled to a dark gray as she lost herself in her own mind. She saw a man flash behind her eyes, and her heart skipped a beat.
 
`Your nothing.'
 
Out of his mind
The weight pushes him whispering
Must have been out of his mind…
 
 
 
Kagome looked up. She didn't want to be thinking this right now. She looked back at the dance floor, looking at the people having fun and dancing. She bit her lip.
 
`Maybe I can dance, I just never tried.'
 
What Kagome didn't know about dancing though, was that practice made perfect.
She slowly stood up and walked over to the grinding people on the dance floor. She stood for a moment, just watching everyone dance as she bit her lip, feeling a little bit more than awkward. Then something came to her. She had seen her brother and the TV do this a thousand times! She put her left hand on her nose and puffed her cheeks out. Then she put her right hand straight in the air, the wobbled it down like a wave. She kept doing this till she thought of her next move, which was making the piece sign on both of her hands, and shaking her head while putting the peace signs near her eyes as her head moved back and forth to a rhythm only Kagome could hear. She noticed that everyone was slowly making a circle around her, and they all had smiles on their faces. Kagome knew she was doing a good job, or so she thought.
 
She kept doing her moves that she had seen on the television and other places until she felt some one tap on her shoulder.
Before she could turn around, the person grabbed her hand and tugged her out of the middle of everyone's attention. When Kagome looked at the back of the persons head, she could see a mass of black hair that went down to at least the persons butt.
`Wow, how do they take care of that? And where the heck am I going!!' Kagome thought hurriedly.
 
She tried to tug from the unknown persons grasp, but to no avail, the person with long black hair had a tight, but not enough to cut off her circulation, grip. So she tried another way of getting this anonymous person to let go.
 
“Uh, excuse me? Could you please let go?”” Kagome tried in a small voice.
The person abruptly stopped, and they were still in the big crowd of molding people. She wondered how this person heard her.
He turned around quickly, but then spun Kagome around and pulled her into his chest.
`What the hell? Do I KNOW you!!??' Kagome thought frantically.
The man then leaned down and rested his chin on her shoulder.
`He…smells nice. Wait!! NOOOOOO shouldn't be thinking that at a moment like this!!'
 
She felt something touch her hands, and it was the man behind her. She tried to turn her head back to look at him, but his warm hands kept her still.
 
“Ok buster, now you're pissing me off. Get off of me or else-“
 
“You suck at dancing.”
Kagome's mouth opened wide and she blushed. Then she got mad.
“Hey! Not like you can do any better mister!” Yeah, pretty lame come back. The man chuckled lightly, and Kagome knew he knew to that it was pretty lame.
“I can show you how to dance…if you want.” His head was still on Kagome's shoulder, also preventing her to look at the man, and pieces of his hair tickled her nose, making her want to scratch it, but she couldn't. So she looked the other way, but her cheeks were hot to the touch and her eyes were almost sad.
 
`Who would want to dance with me? I'm “nothing”.'
 
“I would love to dance with you.” He said, answering her thought unknowingly. Kagome ducked away from his head and turned to look at him for the first time.
 
He was a tall young boy, looking about sixteen or seventeen and maybe at a height of five nine. He had dark violet eyes just like the hostess, who never said her name by the way. His Halloween costume was a red shirt that said in black, bold letters, “I AM THE GRIM REAPER”
 
`I give him a zero on creativity, but who am I to talk?'
 
She then looked back at his face, and blushed, remembering what he had offered.
 
`What do I have to lose when everything is gone already?'
 
Kagome nodded hesitantly, and the boy smiled. He then put his hand out for her to take, and Kagome took it slowly. He then slightly tugged her to a more open area so they could dance. When he stopped pretty much in the middle, He turned her around and pulled her back against his chest.
 
“Now, this is what I want you to do. Listen to the music, and let your body take control.” He grabbed her hips and slowly moved them back and forth.
 
 
Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum
 
Kagome didn't really know what she was doing, but she somehow trusted this man. So without his help, she moved her hips from side to side slightly, and by instinct, she locked her hands behind his neck. He laughed.
You're a natural.”
Kagome smiled and kept doing what she was doing. His rough, but oddly soft voice leading her on.
 

(Whats wrong with me?)
Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum
 
 
His hands found themselves on both sides of her waist, and Kagome tensed but calmed down when she knew he didn't want to hurt her. She kept dancing, and all the while becoming more and more confident in her moves. She moved her hips a little harder and farther.
 
Damn, practice made perfect, but it seemed like Kagome was born to dance.
 
She dragged her hands down his chest and bent her legs to rub his jean-clad legs, then made her way back up and moved away from him, taking a step or two back and kept swaying her hips while her hands were in the air and her head shaking left to right. She turned toward him with her eyes closed as she intently listened to the music. Then, she instantly stopped, and looked at the man she was dancing with wide eyes. His eyes showed how surprised he was and he had a small smile on his lips, amazed at what the once weird dancing girl could do with those hips of hers. He slowly walked over to her, and put his hands in hers.
 
 
It's a thief in the night
To come and grab you
It can creep up inside you
And consume you
He then leaned down and put his head back down on her shoulder. He put his mouth next to her ear and she could feel the cool air of his breath, and it sent tingles and chills through out her body.
 
 
“Come with me.” He whispered.
 
 
 
It's too close for comfort….
 
 
************************************ ******************************
I looked down at the boys dark violet eyes. Did he just ask me to come with him? I nodded hesitantly with confusion and he smirked, showing pearly white teeth. He got up from my shoulder (which he had laid on twice now) and led me away with one hand in mine. We went through different hallways, turning left or right, going up stairs and even going diagonal. The walk was about three minutes, and I was about to just turn around and just leave when he then stopped at a closed door. He let go of my hand and opened it while leading me inside. What I saw troubled me.
 
It was a bedroom.
 
Ok so I'm not very…used to this kind of situation at all, but from movies…
This is the part where they had sex. I think.
But if he thinks I'm that low, oh, he had another thing coming, because I am sooo not that ty-OH MY GOD HE'S SEXY.
 
 
I turned away from the half naked guy who just took off his shirt, stripping right in front of me. What the hell did he think he was doing?! I could tell my cheeks burned a fiery red, so I covered them with my hands. I felt someone touch my shoulder and I slightly flinched.
“First time, huh? I'm not surprised.” He then laughed at me. I froze and tensed up.
“H-how would y-you know this is m-my first t-time huh!?”
Oh nice. I congratulate my self with my awesome stuttering sentence.
“Well, the stuttering kind of gives it away.”
My face felt hotter under my hands.
“You know what! You don't even know me, so don't be judging me just yet, fucker!”
The guy all but grinned.
“My name is Inuyasha Takahashi, nice to meet you.”
I smiled. The boy's eyebrow went up.
“Nice to meet you Takahashi. I'm Kagome Higurashi.”
I saw his eyes widened for a second, but they returned to normal as if nothing happened. I entered the room and sat on `the bed, hoping he wasn't thinking naughty things.
“So, how do you know your way around here?” I asked. It seemed like a reasonable question.
“I live here.” My eyes widened.
“Wait, so who was the lady in the window? How long have you lived here?”
Inuyasha thought for a moment, then answered, “The lady was fake, she was a hologram, and I've been living here for…let's just say a long time.” Something in his tone told me not to ask any further questions.
“Ok then…” Was all that I could say until I thought of something else.
“So the hostess of this party is your sister I'm guessing?”
“You could say that.” I looked down, and thought of something else to say.
Damn! I need to keep his mind off of that. I fiddled my hands around as he kept staring at me amusedly.
“What are you staring at?!” I yelled, getting annoyed by my new so called stalker since he apparently liked staring.
“Just wondering why a girl like you didn't know how to dance.”
I blushed. “What do you mean a girl like me?” I asked curiously.
He walked closer to the bed and leaned down, his face just inches from mine.
“A beautiful girl like you.”
 
Ok, this guy was a little bit corny, but wow, I think I'm going to be corn-crazy as I felt my face heat up again. I have never blushed so much in my life!
I hid my eyes with my hands, and squeaked out a `Thank you!'
Inuyasha laughed, and removed my hands. He then looked me in the eyes and then trailed them to my lips. He kept on looking at them, and I licked my upper lip while he smiled. He then looked back up at me and I nodded ever so slightly. I can't believe I just did that, but my body had just token over and my mind had no say in the matter what so ever. He then moved forward oh so slightly and closed his eyes. I followed suit and did the same. My breath began to become little pants of excitement, and my heart was beating fast and loud. I could almost feel him now, we were so close. Just an inch away! This would be my first kiss and-
 
Shit.
 
“I can't do this. I'm sorry I can't…” I got up from the bed and walked out the door.
 
Did I really just forget all about Hojo, my boyfriend?
 
I walked in the dark corridors, guessing and using my instincts on which way to go. I touched the bottom of my eyes.
Why was I crying?
Guessing that my instincts worked very well, I started to hear music and as I got closer, the dryer my eyes became. When I was in the main room, I looked around for a bathroom anywhere. I spotted one in the far corner hidden by a wall and strode over to it. It was only a one person bathroom so I waited for the person currently in there. Seconds then minutes passed by, and nothing happened. I tried knocking on the door, and nothing happened. Then I tried the handle. It was open.
I slowly opened the door as it squeaked, letting anyone on the toilet know that I was barging in.
“Oh baby! Yes! Harder!”
I shut the door quickly.
What.The.Hell.
In a bathroom of all places?
I decided to look around the place for another bathroom, but was unsuccessful, so I just sighed and waited for the one that I was going to go in. After about another ten minutes, the door-knob turned, and out came a scanky woman with her clothes all wrinkled. Then out came a man.
 
And that mans name was Hojo.
 
 
`Did I ever say I don't drink?' I thought to my self as I walked away, faintly hearing Hojo's voice call after me. I picked up a random alcoholic beverage from a table and chugged as I felt my fragile heart crumble into tiny pieces.
 
`I lied.'
 
 
---------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Random fact: Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year.