InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ You spin me right 'round ( Chapter 28 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General, Romance
Rating: A
Warnings: None
Word Count: 500






~ You spin me right 'round ~






It was tearing him up inside, seeing Kagome so depressed. When he’d asked her about it she’d brushed off his concerns, telling him it was nothing, just something stupid that had to do with school. He’d scoffed then, agreeing that her school was stupid and insisting that she shouldn’t let anything to do with that place bother her so much. She’d agreed with him, on the surface, though he could still see it in her eyes. Whatever was wrong, maybe it really wasn’t so stupid, after all.

It had taken him three days to get to the root of the problem.

At first, when Mrs. Higurashi had begun explaining the Christmas Dance to him, he had wanted to get upset at the thought of some other guy escorting Kagome to something that to his understanding was a type of courting ritual. Of course, she’d quickly assured the hanyou that her daughter had no such escort, and that was the problem.

He didn’t know how to feel at that news.

On the one hand he’d been glad nobody would be taking Kagome to that thing, but on the other hand, it was killing him to see her so depressed about it. Then Kagome’s mother had dropped the biggest bomb of all. She wasn’t upset because nobody had asked her, as if she believed herself unwanted. Hojo had asked her to the dance, and she’d turned him down, because she’d known he would have had a fit if he’d found out about it.

Keh, damn straight

But the thought that she was sacrificing something that was a part of her normal life for him, again… that she would miss out on something she had previously been looking forward to for over two years before she’d fallen into his world, Inuyasha wasn’t sure how he felt about that, either. And then Mrs. Higurashi had told him that it wasn’t even as if Kagome felt that way about Hojo. She wasn’t really heartbroken over the fact that she’d had to turn him down. It was more that she wanted to go to the dance, but she couldn’t go by herself because it was for couples. To go alone was a disgrace, and yet the miko couldn’t in all honesty allow herself to go out with anyone, either, except for the one guy she truly wanted to go with.

Inuyasha had started to growl at the elder Higurashi’s words until her knowing look instantly silenced him, his glare turning into surprised eyes and crimson cheeks.

“Me…?”

And that was how Inuyasha found himself strangely dressed, standing before the surprised miko in the front doorway, her mother having slyly requested Kagome to answer the door while she fiddled in the kitchen.

“Inuyasha?” she questioned hesitantly.

“Will you go to the dance with me?” he asked her as instructed, smiling despite himself when her eyes lit up before she rushed upstairs to change. He knew it was a courting ritual, but that was all right with him.