InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Déjà vu ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General, Drama, Angst
Rating: T
Warnings: Violence, Injury and Blood
Word Count: 500






~ Déjà vu ~






Naraku had almost been defeated. They’d managed to get his chunk of the jewel, but he’d escaped death at the last second. The good news was without any shards he was much weaker than before. The bad news was he was pissed, and just as evil as ever. No one knew what to expect.

Months went by without word.

``````````

Kagome was meditating under the Goshinboku, the jewel almost whole around her neck. Suddenly, rustling in the foliage drew her attention. She tensed, not relaxing when Inuyasha’s form emerged through the trees.

“Come on, bitch, this is no time to sit around daydreaming when there are still a few shards left to find!” he snapped, his aura radiating hostility. “I wanna get the Shikon whole before that bastard Naraku decides to show himself.”

Her hand rose to protect the jewel on instinct.

He frowned.

“In fact, it’d be better if I carried it. Last time you had that much jewel Kikyou easily proved what a horrible protector you were. Give it to me.”

She was not hurt by his words, but his claws were another matter.

“Like hell!” she snapped, taking a defensive stance, and snarling, Inuyasha charged, faster than she could fully react. She tried to dodge, but still got a nasty slice across her collarbone and shoulder as he claimed his prize.

``````````

Inuyasha was lounging near Kaede’s hut when Kagome approached from the forest, her eyes narrowed. He could smell her blood.

“What’s wrong?!” he asked frantically.

“I’ll tell you what, you no good, worthless half-breed.” she spat, and he gasped, taking a step back at her words. “I’ve had it with this century, this quest, and most of all you! I’m taking what jewel I’ve got and leaving for my world. Naraku can’t steal it if it’s locked 500 years away. Whatever shards are left to find consider my going away present.”

With that she took her leave, or tried to. Suddenly, Inuyasha was in her path, Tessaiga drawn, and the fact that it’d transformed only confirmed what he already knew.

Aiming so that nothing but forest was behind her, Inuyasha fired without preamble, fearing there was no time to lose. The jewel, not yet darkened because he’d needed it pure for the ruse, gave Naraku no power boost, and without a barrier the Wind Scar obliterated the dark hanyou. Collecting the undamaged Shikon, Inuyasha ran to the Goshinboku and gasped as Kagome hobbled his way.

“Inuyasha! Naraku took the jewel!”

“That bastard’s dead.” He showed her he now had the jewel, which he then gave back. “But come on, we gotta get you to the healers of your time.” Scooping her up, he ran for the well.

“You didn’t fall for it?” he asked, relieved.

“Not for a second, I know my Inuyasha.” she said with a smile.

He smiled as well; he knew his Kagome, too.

``````````

She was lucky. The ‘bear mauling’ only needed stitches.

Resting at home, Inuyasha never left her side.