InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Somebody's gotta do it ( Chapter 34 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General, Humor
Rating: T
Warnings: Language and near nudity
Word Count: 500






~ Somebody’s gotta do it ~






Glancing back and forth at each other, Kagome was the first to speak.

“I’m not doing it.” she stated with finality, crossing her arms.

“Well don’t look at me.” Sango spoke up, gesturing to the other three present. “I’m the only one here who can’t sense jewel shards.”

Inuyasha scoffed. “I can only smell them, not see them,” he emphasized, adding, “and there ain’t no way I can smell shit in that gunk.”

Gesturing towards the source of the group’s dilemma, everyone grimaced as they stared queasily at the putrid, greenish puddle – though that didn’t do it justice, more like a mini-lake  – of goopy youkai bile. The disgusting plashet was all that remained of a gigantic mole-youkai, a single jewel shard resting in the general vicinity of its center.

“While I admit to being able to see a Shikon shard’s sacred glow, that is only when the crystal itself is exposed and unobstructed. I’m afraid I can discern nothing from within the…remains…before us.” Miroku excused.

Everyone turned their attention back to Kagome.

“What?”

“You can see it, can’t you?” Inuyasha asked with little patience.

She huffed.

“Okay yes, fine, I can see where it is. I’m still not going in there!” she shrieked like the fifteen-year-old girl she was, pointing at the filth as if truly afraid of it.

This from the ‘fearless miko’ who bravely fought the beast that caused this puddle… Inuyasha mentally sighed.

Having her purify the shit away with an arrow would be a fabulous idea, if she had any left, but it had taken her last to reduce the mole-youkai to this stage, and he feared if they pussyfooted around much longer that jewel shard just might make the fucker come back to life again.

That was the last thing they needed.

“Fine!” he huffed himself, giving Kagome a hard glare before slipping the sheathed Tessaiga from his obi and handing it to her.

He then reached for the ties of his suikan and began disrobing. Miroku and Sango only looked on with mild sympathy and gratitude, Kagome floundered.

“Wha…what are you doing?”

“Like hell I’m gonna get that shit on my clothes, it’ll never wash out.”

Stripping down to his fundoshi, it was almost worth what he was about to do to see the horrible blush on Kagome’s cheeks, almost.

Snapping out of it enough to think, Kagome untied and handed Inuyasha her red uniform scarf; he thanked her, using it to tie his hair back.

Unable to look away – after all, she had to give him directions – Kagome feared her face would stay red forever, though she had to admit he had a very nice ass.

The puddle was knee deep; undressing had been wise.

Biting the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing at her expression, Inuyasha kept his scowl in place as he stomped to shore. Handing her the shard, which she caught within a napkin, he took off towards the river to wash.

Totally worth it… he thought, chuckling.







Converting /tmp/php1qe4uR to /dev/stdout