InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by A Moment ❯ Chapter 7 Movie Marathon ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hanging by A Moment

by Lor

Here's the next chapter! I didn't get a lot of reviews...again! Come on people! If you read it review just say something!

I'm considering dropping this fan fic. I've put tons of work into it and I still only have 26 reviews. If I don't start getting the reviews I feel this fic deserves I'm going to drop it.

I know I've only been updating like every two weeks, but you try to update weekly while working on seven different fan fics and get ready for your drivers test!

My pirate fic, Skull and Crossbones is finally up! Only the prologue right now, the first chapter for it will be up soon.

Remember to R&R! (or else. Plus more reviews sooner it's updated!)

' .... ' thoughts

" ..... " dialogue

~ ...... ~ flashback

Chapter 7

Movie Marathon

~*~*~*~*~*~

(Recap)

At 4:45 pm as planned the group met to pay for the snacks. When they saw how many bags of Cheetos Shippo and Rin picked up, Rin simply replied, "They didn't have that many left." Which meant her and Shippo only grabbed 12 bags.

~*~*~

At the same time the search for Cheetos was commencing, Roru and Akio entered Tokyo House of Video Rentals. Akio had to walk in through the door sideways, so his arm (which was in a pretty black sling) wouldn't get hit by a large wrestler looking dude who was trying to get through the door at the same time to exit. "I though you said we were going to your place," Akio grumbled following Roru. "I wanted to stop to get some movies. I didn't think everyone would want an entire movie marathon of just Ocean's Eleven, every single Star Wars movie so far released, the Matrix, Fellowship of the Ring," She glances over at him seeing him look somewhat impressed by her collection of good guy-ish movies, (AN: I don't know what to call um I just know I love or like all of those movies) then she finished up the list of movies she and Kagome owned, "My Best Friend's Wedding, You've Got Mail and While You Were Sleeping." Akio almost fell over hearing the last movie titles. Blinking rapidly he said, "Uh good thing we stopped then eh?" Roru laughed seeing the horrified look on his face. "I wouldn't make the guys watch a chick flick, but the others might," Roru said laughter in her voice as she headed over to the action section, not noticing where Akio was headed off towards.

Fifteen minutes, and five video selections later Roru looked up to see where Akio had gotten to. She walked over into the center aisle of the place when she felt someone come up behind her, and put an arm around her waist. "What the...." She began to say, her body stiffening. "Just me babe," Akio said with a smile when she relaxed and turned to face him. "Find any movies?" A lecherous grin slid across Akio's face, "One or two good ones." The look on his face confused her, "Which ones?" she asked with her left eyebrow slightly raised. "These," he said handing her the movies. "Girls Gone Wild Four and Sexy College Babes?" Roru read of the video cases before glaring at him. "We're not here to rent porn!" she practically yelled at him, causing fifteen people in the store to turn to see who had yelled. A dark blush crept across Roru's face as she quickly went to put the movies back before going to pay for the rents of the videos she picked up.

"Ror..." Akio said, blocking Roru's way to the register; trying to get her to stop glaring at him. "Move hentai, the others will be waiting back at the shrine if we take too long." Akio reluctantly moved out of her way and leaned against the counter while they waited for one of the employees to show up. After a few minutes of waiting Roru began to get annoyed, "Hello! People waiting here!" Right after she yelled, a short blond teenage girl appeared. "Sorry! Was working on my Hayden Christensen shrine!" the girl said her blue eyes looking around at everything rapidly, "I'm Jenny! How can I help ya?" Roru and Akio exchanged a glance that said what is wrong with this chick. "I want to rent these movies," Roru said handing the small stack to Jenny. "Ok I'll be right back," she said before disappearing into the shelving area behind the register. "She looks really familiar....." Roru thought aloud, "Oh yeah! She's in my Computer Tech class!"

That was when Jenny reappeared, "Ok I got here for ya, Gangs of New York, Moulin Rouge, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Spiderman, and The Recruit," she said ringing them up, "That'll be $10.50, but your in my Tech class right? Roru?" watching Roru to see if she was right. "Hai, that's me. So do I get some sort of discount?" "Umm for you....only $9.50!" Jenny said brightly. "A dollar break, well I'm not going to argue," Roru said handing her the money. "Someone's in the ceiling," Jenny said in a far off voice handing Roru the bag of movies. Roru and Akio just looked at her like she was insane. "Umm, I'll see you in class on Monday," Roru said backing away, heading to the door, with Akio right beside her. That's when they heard a loud bang. They turned around quickly to see a guy covered in plaster and paint chips land on the floor by the register. "I told you someone was in the ceiling!" Jenny called to them as she went to help the guy up.

Getting into the car, all anger Roru had towards Akio was gone, Roru said, "Odd people go to our school huh?" She said with a laugh before pulling out of the parking lot heading to the shrine. "Un, but some great ones too," Akio replied with a smile putting his good arm around her shoulders.

~*~*~

"Did we really need to get all of these Cheetos?" Kagome asked climbing into the driver's seat of the SUV. "Hai," Rin said from the back seat, a smile on her face as she opened one of the bags. Kagome rolled her eyes as she started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot onto the main road. "Yash aren't you going to call your brother?" "Why?" "To invite him to watch movies with us," She said glaring at him, `Why does he have to act like a baka?' "Fine," he said grumbling, reaching into his back jean pocket to grab his silver cellular flip phone.

"This should be interesting," Miroku said leaning forward to try to catch the conversation. "What do you mean?" Sango said looking at him. "Yash and Sess haven't gotten along in public for years. They always end up fighting about something. It's amazing they're able to live with each other and neither of them are dead yet." "Let the fight commence!" Shippo burst out after swallowing a handful of Cheetos. "Big quiet Shippo," Kagome said looking in the rear view mirror back at the kitsune. "Oi! You're eating all the Cheetos Rin!" Shippo yelled grabbing the bag away from Rin who grabbed it right back. "I'm not eating all of them! You're the pig that shovels them into your greedy mouth!" Rin said sticking her tongue out at him. "That's real mature Rin; you're a year older then him!" Sango said sticking her two cents in. "Who involved you in this argument anyway!" Rin retorted.

During their little argument, Yash had called Sesshomaru, who reluctantly agreed. His reason for going was to revisit his teenage years, whatever that meant. Interrupting the yelling and fighting about Cheetos, "Fluffy said he'll come. I have him your address," Yash said flipping his cell closed. "What?" Rin said letting go of the bag of Cheetos, sending Shippo flying back from the force of her suddenly letting go. "Fluffy?" everyone but Yash asked in unison before bursting into laughter. "It's an old nickname he has. You'd see why if he doesn't use his concealing spell." Kagome was having trouble having the SUV go straight while banging her hands on the steering wheel laughing. Roru had shown her a picture of Sess from 5 years ago when he had his concealing spell activated, so she was having a hard time figuring out the amusing nickname. Yash thankfully noticed that and grabbed onto the steering wheel to turn it so they wouldn't hit an oncoming truck.

Since the girls in the back seemed distracted by the near miss of a collision, Miroku took the opportunity to grab Sango's ass. "BAKA HENTAI!" Sango screeched hitting him over the head with her boomerang that suddenly appeared in her hands from no where, to knock Miroku unconscious. Seeing the large bone boomerang cause everyone to sweat drop. Then as suddenly as it appeared, the boomerang vanished from view. Everyone just looked at Sango. "What?" she said innocently, as Kagome pulled up into the driveway of the shrine.

~*~*~

About a half hour later, and another Rin V.S. Shippo fight for Cheetos, the movie marathon group, minus Sesshomaru, gathered in the Higurashi kitchen. "What's with all the Cheetos?" Akio asked poking then with his sling free hand. "Don't ask," Kagome responded simply shaking her head with a roll of her eyes before turning away from where she set up the snacks to see what the others were doing. Yash was sitting on the counter swinging his legs drinking straight from a 2 liter bottle of Sprite Remix, while Miroku kept trying to cop a feel of Sango without getting caught, a lecherous grin on his face. Shippo and Rin were sitting cross legged on the floor leaning against the wall, each contently eating from a separate bag of Cheetos. Sango was sitting at the kitchen table building something out of a stack of movies Roru had dragged out of somewhere to add to the movies she and Akio had rented. Roru was no where to be seen, `She probably went to change out of that outfit before Oka-san got home,' Kagome thought.

"Are ya'll just going to sit in here looking like odd morons?" Kagome asked suddenly, "And Miroku stop trying to grope Sango." Sango suddenly realized what Miroku had been doing; she spun in her chair to slap him across the face, leaving a red hand print on his cheek. "OWWW!" Miroku screamed running from the room, afraid Sango would pull out her boomerang again. "Hentai!" Sango yelled after him. Kagome rolled her eyes and grabbed the large stack of movies and carrying the movies downstairs into the finished basement to dump them on the floor in front of the TV. The rest of the group started to filter in after her, carrying food and sodas, when they heard the door bell ring followed by Roru yelling, "I'll get it!"

~*~*~

Roru ran down the stairs, now wearing a pair of gray oversized men's pajama pants and a tight pink spaghetti strap tank top with nothing on her feet; she had thrown her hair up into a high pony tail with tendrils falling to frame her face. Roru slide to a halt in front of the door before opening it to revile Sesshomaru standing there, his face expressionless. "Fluffy!" Roru exclaimed as she stepped forward to give him a hug, which he hesitantly responded to giving her a light hug before she stepped back. "What's with the concealing spell?" she said looking at him. Sesshomaru was wearing black baggy jeans, a baggy long sleeved gray shirt, with a pair of Adidas. "So I can not be bothered by pathetic humans," he responded simply walking into the house looking down at her. "Come on in we have tons of food, `especially Cheetos thanks to Shippo and Rin," Roru said leading him into the basement before sitting on the small loveseat next to Akio as she began introductions after Sesshomaru sat down in one of the brown leather chairs. Pointing to each one, "That's Sango, Rin, and Kagome. You already know Shippo and Miroku, and unless you're brain dead, you know Yash."

Kagome was kneeling in front of the TV surrounded by a fallen stack of movies, "So what are we going to start with?" Rin, Roru and Sango exchanged a look and both said, "Chick Flick!" "NNOOOOOOOOO!" Yash and the rest of the guys yelled, minus Sesshomaru who was watching them, with a slightly amused look on his face. "Matrix!" Shippo said grabbing the DVD case. "No, While You Were Sleeping!" Sango said glaring at him. "Star Wars!" Roru said grabbing at her collection of Star Wars movies. "Gangs of New York!" Yash said glaring at Roru. "While You Were Sleeping!" Rin said siding with Sango. "No way! We need blood, Gangs of New York!" Akio said from his seat. `I knew I liked that guy,' Yash thought as Akio sided with his argument. Shippo holding the Matrix DVD waved it in the air, "MATRIX!" Sesshomaru was struggling back laughter as he watched the amusing scene unfold before him, eating popcorn from a bowl he grabbed from the coffee table. Miroku dug through the pile of movies around Kagome, "How bout American Pie?" The arguing stopped, "I like that movie," Roru said setting her movies down on the floor beside her. "Fine with me," Yash said with a shrug. The rest followed in agreement, Sesshomaru had a slight look of disappointment on his face, which Kagome noticed. "What's wrong with this movie?" "Oh nothing, just you all arguing over movies was rather entertaining for me to watch."

That was when Rin suddenly remembered Sesshomaru's nickname, "Why is your nickname Fluffy?" she asked looking at him. Sesshomaru's left eye brow twitched, Roru and Yash exchanging a glance trying to hold back laughter, and failing. After letting their laughter burst out for a few minutes, Yash caught his breathe to explain, "When he's in his youkai form he has this big fluffy tail." "It's so cute!" Roru said watching Rin for her reaction. "Can I see?" Rin asked looking at Sesshomaru curiously. "Later perhaps," was Sesshomaru's reply, surprising Roru and Yash. Kagome let out a slight cough to get their attention, "American Pie it is," she said putting the disk into the DVD player under the TV before sitting down on the couch beside Yash, curling her legs up under her. Sango and Miroku both settled on the floor leaning against the couch. Rin sat down on the floor near Sesshomaru taking some popcorn from the bowl he had on his lap. Shippo had plopped down in the bean bag chair on the floor near the front end of the couch.

~*~*~

"Eww that was so gross when the dude drank the beer with cum in it!" Sango said after the movie had finished as the girls walked upstairs into the kitchen to order pizzas for dinner. "It was like making me gag watching it," Rin said walking beside her as Roru and Kagome walked in behind them. "But I can't believe Vicky got back with Kevin after he said he had to get laid. She just got back with him so she could have an orgasm." "She should have stayed mad at him longer at least," Kagome said reaching for the phone.

~*~*~

The guys were still in the den, Miroku was sitting on the coffee table quoting Kevin's speech from the movie, "That's what we are, we keep each other on track. Prior to this day, we've postured. We've procrastinated. We've pretended. We've -- well I can't think of other p-words, but we've probably done them too Separately, we are flawed and

vulnerable. But together, we are the masters of our sexual destiny!" Yash jumped in with the next lines, saying in a kung fu voice, "Their tiger-style kung-fu is strong; but our dragon style will defeat it!" Akio picked up the next lines using a kung fu voice, "The Sha-lin masters from east and west must unite!" "Guys, guys...you're ruining my

fucking moment here. Now think about it," Miroku jumps up onto the coffee table knocking off the almost empty bowl of popcorn, "No longer will our penises remain

flaccid and unused! From now on, we fight for every man out there who isn't getting laid when he should be! This is our day! This is our time! And, by God, we're not gonna let history condemn us to celibacy!," he continued emphasizing the word will, "We will make a stand! We will succeed!," Miroku spread his arms out wide and with emphasis said, " We will get laid!" Miroku jumped off the table onto the floor, the guys all bursting into laughter as the girls returned from the kitchen.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Roru asked looking at Akio. "We're just laughing `bout the movie." "Me and Rin going to pick up the pizzas. Decide on what movie next while I'm gone," Kagome said grabbing her keys, "We'll be back in ten!"

~*~*~

Eight pizzas, the watching of Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones, an argument on about the viewing of How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, and of actually watching the argued movie later; it was around midnight when Mrs. Higurashi made an appearance. "Hello everyone!" Mrs. Higurashi said walking down the basement stairs. The group stopped the argument on the next movie to turn to see her. "Nice to see Inuyasha and Sesshomaru again," she said with a smile. Yash just nodded to her, while the more polite Sesshomaru responded with, "Hello, Higurashi-san." "Seeing as it's late, everyone can stay here tonight if they wish. There's plenty of room down here for all of you," Mrs. Higurashi said, "The girls know where the extra blankets and pillows are if you need them." "Hai, Oka-san." "I trust you boys not to do anything improper with the girls," she continued, the guys just nodded, Miroku looked slightly crestfallen. "Don't go waking Ojji-san or Souta," she said heading back upstairs.

"Now that she's gone back to the movies!" Roru said putting in Gangs of New York, much to the guys delight after having to sit through a chick flick, then turned off the lights, leaving only the light over the stairs on. The group moved back into their earlier spots with a few differences, Roru was leaning against Akio's chest, a blanket pulled up over them. Sango had put a pillow barrier between herself and Miroku. Shippo had a small wall around him of Cheetos bags. Rin and Sesshomaru were now sharing the chair. Kagome and Yash were still sitting next to each other on the couch, for once not arguing with each other constantly.

~*~*~

After watching Gangs of New York, and some comments from Kagome, Rin and Sango about how gory it was, they had put in Ocean's Eleven. When it ended, almost everyone was asleep. Roru and Akio were lying side by side on the love seat, Roru was using Akio's chest as a pillow the blanket up to her shoulders. Shippo was flopped, spread out on the bean bag chair, a Cheetos bag sitting in his lap. Sesshomaru had his left arm around Rin who had her head in his lap, both of them asleep. Sango had laid out on the floor her head on her pillow barrier, Miroku had done the same. He had a hand un-lecherously resting on her shoulder. Kagome had her head resting in Yash's shoulder and was fast asleep. Yash was still awake, looking down at the peaceful Kagome. A strand of hair slid across her face, `She's beautiful,' Yash thought using a gentle claw to tuck the strand of hair behind her ear before putting his arm around her. Pulling a blanket up to cover them both, he finally fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~