InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuErotica ❯ Quickie #4: Can't Hide (Inu/Kag) ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Quickie Series #4
 
Title: Can't Hide
Rating: R
Pairing: Inu+Kag
Word Count: 498
 
“Jeez, InuYasha,” Kagome reached into her backpack for the peanut butter, “are you sure you want another sandwich? Everyone else is finished.” Miroku cocked an eyebrow at Sango and they headed outside the hut, dragging Shippou and Kilala along. Kagome wondered if she should call them back. InuYasha had been acting strangely since their kiss by the well. And, she admitted to herself, so have I. Skittish. Easily embarrassed. Self conscious.
 
InuYasha watched Miroku and Sango exit and then scooted over next to her and took the jar from her hand. She saw that he was nervous, but he bravely looked her in the eye.
 
“I- uh…” He swallowed. “I promised you a quickie.” He laughed nervously.
 
“Yeah.” She looked away. Is he going to tell me he doesn't want it now?
 
“I don't think that's such a good idea…” His voice was low.
 
“Oh.” Kagome closed her eyelids, trying not to let the tears fall. She heard him sniff. Can't hide anything from that nose.
 
“Why are you crying?” He sounded genuinely puzzled.
 
“I'm not.” She sniffed and tried to shake herself, but it was no use. She'd really let herself believe it this time, that he wanted her. She'd felt it in his kiss. It'd felt so real.
 
“That's bullshit, Kagome!” He grabbed her roughly by the chin and swung her face around to look at him. The firelight danced in his eyes, reflecting intense amber flames over their golden hue. She could've gotten lost in those eyes. It's not fair…“Tell me why you're upset.” Suddenly, his expression relaxed and his anger faded away; a sad look came over his features. “Unless… you don't want to…”
 
They stared at each other for a minute, the jar of peanut butter forgotten in his hand.
 
“Do you?” he asked quietly.
 
“What?”
 
“Want to?”
 
“What?”
 
“Uh… you know…” he stammered and looked away, blushing.
 
“Kiss?” This time Kagome blushed.
 
“That too.” He glanced back at her, ready to dart his eyes away, but he didn't. She looked too pretty and she'd stopped crying.
 
“You want more… uh…” Her heart thumped so loudly in her ears she could hardly hear herself think. “More than a… kiss?”
 
He smiled, still blushing. “What I want and what I can get may be different.” He blinked and became serious again. “But, yeah. I want more.”
 
“But why did you just say…” Kagome gestured helplessly, trying to point a few minutes back in time.
 
“What?”
 
“That you didn't want to?”
 
“I did?”
 
“Yes!” Kagome started to get angry. “You said you didn't think it was a good idea.”
 
“Oh.” He looked down at the jar in his hand. “That.” He cleared his throat, nervous again. “I meant…” She saw a mischievous glint in his eye. “A quickie's too fast.”
 
She gasped as he dipped her finger into the peanut butter, and began to lick it off…. slowly.
 
A wicked grin exposed a fang as her scent reached him.
 
Can't hide anything from that nose.