InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Sango's Past ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. This story belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. The only thing though… that belongs to me are the characters who I made up. If you are unfamiliar with names that I made up then it's obvious that I made up the characters like Tani for example.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
 
Sango was in the most greenish part of the forest, thinking herself. The tree's leaves covering the great blue sky and the only source the brought out the color green in the forest was the sunlight it shone throw the forest.
 
The young talented demon slayer was sitting under one of the largest trees while petting Kirara, her trusted companion. Flashbacks kept repeatedly coming back to Sango's head like lighting. Terrible memories…
 
Naraku is gone and he's taken Kohaku with him.” Sango thought with a sigh. “Kohaku where are you? Naraku had set up a trap for me and my comrades. He had ruined my life and Kohaku's… especially Kohaku's. My poor little brother… he remembers those tormenting memories about killing father and the others. But… it wasn't his fault. He was manipulated by Naraku's hands…”
 
*Flashback*
 
Kohaku was outside of his hut training as hard as he could so that one day, he would become a great demon slayer like his older sister, Sango. His training was to hit small glasses that were place on top of long pegs.
 
The boy twirled the chain of his kusari-gama and threw it toward the cups that were on top of the long pegs. He had luckily hit all three of the cups that were on top of the pegs.
 
“Yes!” Kohaku said in triumph.
 
Distracted with what he had accomplished, the kusari-gama had come back and cut him in his arm. He groaned in pain as his father, who was watching him ran up to see if the injury was serious.
 
Frustrated his father sighed very heavily, “Kohaku, you're not trying hard enough!” His father said. “Come on and let my get you something to treat that.
 
Later that day on, Kohaku was disappointed and yet sad. He had accomplished in hit the cups in his first training with his kusari-gama but it ended up back firing. His father only ended up disappointed as though it seemed. How he wished that he was more talented that his older sister, Sango.
 
He continued to stare at his hand until his feline demon Kirara slowly snuck up to him and nuzzled him.
 
“Hey, Kirara, come on, cut it out.” Kohaku said giggling while Kirara was nuzzling him.
 
Kirara soon jumped off Kohaku's shoulder and ran up to his older sister's shoulder who was coming out of the house.
 
“Hey Kohaku, mind if I join you?” She asked.
 
“Uh… sure…” He responded looking away.
 
Sango walked up to his brother and sat down beside him.
 
“So how was it? Training with father.” She asked
 
“Okay… but I ended up getting injured.” Kohaku said showing Sango the Band-Aid on his palm.
 
“Well try harder next time.” Sango encouraged.
 
“Thanks…” Kohaku responded.
 
It was quiet now…
 
“Um Sango?” He started, breaking the silence.
 
“Yes?” Sango asked looking up at the sky.
 
“Um, err…. Nothing just nothing.” Kohaku said. “Never mind,” he said walking inside their hut.
 
“Huh?” Sango wondered watching her brother go back inside the hut, confused.
 
***
 
The next day, Sango was assigned to slay another demon that was terrorizing the village. She got out of her normal clothes and got into her demon slayer uniform. She also brought her trusty weapon, the hiraikotsu her large boomerang.
 
“I'll see you guys later. I'm going to handle this demon in the village.” Sango announced as she waved good bye and was on her way.
 
“Bye Sango.” Kohaku said waving back.
 
Kirara meowed as she ran up to Sango.
 
Sango noticed that she was being by her partner but then stopped, put her weapon down and stooped down to her cat's level with one knee.
 
She shook her head. “No Kirara you can't come with me this time. You have to stay and help Kohaku with his training okay?” Sango said.
 
Kirara purred as she nodded.
 
“Alright then I'll see you later.” She said standing back up.
 
Sango continued walking until she had reached the village.
 
“Bring out the demon slayer!” said a villager.
 
“The worm demon has come!” said another.
 
Sango was making her entrance to the village. The large worm had came up from underground and brought out its fangs. Its large red eyes gleamed like they were large jewels. This panicked the villagers as some of them started to run for their lives.
 
“So this must be the demon.” She said looking up at it, “alright” she said as she brought out her poison mask. She turned to the villagers. “Clear out of the way, infact go into your hut until it's safe to come out,” she instructed.
 
The villagers that were still outside nodded their heads as they headed back into their huts, quickly.
 
The demon was charging after her. She jumped in the air. “Hiraikotsu!” She yelled as she flung her large boomerang and cut up the worm demon in three different ways; this had destroyed the demon. Inside the demon was the sacred jewel shard that flew right out of its chest. Sango watched it fly out as it had fallen into her hand
 
“A sacred jewel shard I thought so.” Sango said, taking off her mask.
 
One of the villagers, the chief had peeped its head out and walked up to the demon slayer.
 
“I-i-is it safe to come out?” He asked.
 
Sango to the village and nodded her head, “yes, it's safe to come out,” she responded.
 
Relieved, the villages one by one had come out of their huts and went up to Sango, congratulating, thanking and praising Sango for saving them from the demon that had been terrorizing them for some time.
 
“What is that?” asked a villager starting at what Sango was holding.
 
“I'll take this jewel shard.” She responded “No use in paying me. I'll simply take this jewel shard as payment,” she said closing her fist.
 
“Surely we must pay you,” the chief insisted.
 
“I'm fine, really, thanks for the offer though,” Sango responded with a smile. “I'll be off now,” She said as she bowed her head and soon left the village.
 
The villages watched her go in awe.
 
“There goes one great demon slayer,” the chief said.
 
***
 
“It's her! Sango has returned!” one of the demon slayers announced as the on villager opened the gate to let her in.
 
Sango walked into the village.
 
“Hello there Sango,” said one of the elder women that lived in the demon slayer village.
 
Kohaku came out of the hut to see if Sango had really returned. He saw her sister and ran up after her. “Hey sister,”
 
“Hi there look at all the demon bones I got. We can use them to make more weapons.” She said. Kirara had come up running to Sango. “Oh hello there Kirara have you've been a good kitty while I was gone?” She asked putting her as Kirara nuzzled her.
 
“Um…” Kohaku started.
 
Sango stopped and looked at his brother, “yes? What is it Kohaku?” she asked.
 
“Father wants to see you,” Kohaku said.
 
***
 
“Nice work Sango.” Her father said taking the jewel shard from Sango's hand. “You retrieved a sacred jewel shard.”
 
Sango's father looked at the jewel shard as he placed on a small basket to keep as a small shrine. He clasped his hands together and bowed his head. Both Sango and Kohaku watched him.
 
“Father, how long until the sacred jewel will be finally restored?” Kohaku asked.
 
“It may take longer than expected Kohaku.” Sango responded.
 
“She's right Kohaku. Which reminds me… there is another demon that we have to slay down at the lords' castle, we'll all be there to slay the demon, Sango you better go tell the others,” he said.
 
Sango nodded and ran off, “I'm on it,” she said.
 
Kohaku's father looked at his son and smiled.
 
“Whats the matter, father?” Kohaku asked feeling agitated.
 
“Kohaku, I think your old enough to join us in battle.” His father said.
 
Kohaku eyes had widened in shock and amazement, “Y-you mean start slaying demons?” Kohaku asked.
 
“Yes, you are twelve now that's old enough. I've been watching you train and you've improved a lot, be ready to fight Kohaku,” His father said walking away.
 
Kohaku watched his father go, uncertain if he was ready to fight. He ran out the hut in search for his older sister for advice.
 
***
Kohaku walked out in the back to find his sister sitting on the edge of the porch petting Kirara. He walked up to her.
 
“Um… Sango?” Kohaku started, feeling nervous.
 
“Yes what is it?” Sango responded, look up at her brother.
 
Kohaku to a deep breath walked up and sat down next to Sango, “H-have you, have you had any problems slaying demons?” Kohaku asked.
 
Sango stopped petting Kirara for a moment and thought about it “Hmmm…no, not really.” Sango said.
 
Kohaku sighed.
 
“Why? Is it because we're fighting back at the castle?” She asked.
 
Kohaku didn't answer.
 
“Are you scared?” Sango asked.
 
Kohaku turned red, “no! Of coarse not! I'm not scared.” Kohaku said denied as he looked away.
 
Sango smiled. “I'll tell you a little secret...” Sango started.
 
“What is it?” Kohaku asked looking at her sister.
 
“We all get a little scared sometimes.” Sango admitted.
 
“Even you, Sango?” Kohaku asked, shocked.
 
She nodded. “Yes even me and father even the others.” Sango said. “But you know what? As long as we look out for on another, nothing can stop us.” She said wrapping her arm around her little brother.
 
“Okay. Thank you Sango.” Kohaku said feeling a little better.
 
“Mhm…” Sango responded.
 
Sango and Kohaku's father soon came out of their hut with a serious expression on his face. He was even already dressed in his demon slayers outfit.
 
“Sango, Kohaku, the time has come. We have to slay to slay the spider demon now.” Their father said.
 
“Alright father.” Sango said getting up from where she ways. “Remember Kohaku I'll be here for you.” She promised.
 
 
***
 
At the castle all the demon slayers, including Sango were ready to fight. The area around the castle looked deadly. The sky wasn't blue but instead was purple. The castle was filled with demonic ora.
 
Sango's father walked up to the lord who was sitting on the porch of the castle. He got down on one knee as did the other demon slayers to give respect to the lord.
 
“We've come to slay the demon,” Sango's father said.
 
The lord looked that of a demon as he smirked at the slayers which stood before him, “I see, you have a young boy and even a girl with you.” He stated.
 
“Yes they are both my children and they are both talented slayers.” He said.
 
Sango turned to his brother, “you here that Kohaku? You'll do just fine.” Sango said giving some engorgement.
 
“O-okay,” Kohaku said feeling nervous. His hearting was pound so fast it was as if it couldn't burst right out of his chest. His hands couldn't even stop shaking.
 
“The demon has come!” The lords servants announced.
 
The demon spider had burst through the gates of the castle. In response, the demon slayers acted quickly as they dodged the beast's path. Sango's father had brought out a rope twirled it and the grabbed the demon's leg. The next seven demon slayers did the same.
 
“I'll take it down, clear out of the way!” Sango warned.
 
Sango ran up to the demon jumped up in the air brought out her weapon spun and through her hiraikotsu at the demon to destroy it. The large boomerang ran through its back. The spider demon tried to endure the pain but eventually stopped moving. The demon slayers watched Sango capture it in awe.
 
“Wow she destroyed the demon in one shot.” Kohaku stated. “Way to go!” This made him feel a little better about himself as he brought out his kusari-gama, “I'll handle the rest.”
 
The demon slayers nodded and moved out the way for him. He started running and running to finish of the demon but then he started walk slower and slower. His eyes were suddenly soon glazed with evil. Out of no where he whipped his kusari-gama and slaughtered all the demon slayers including his father except for Sango.
 
Sango was in shock and froze as she watched her own father fall to the ground and splash in his own blood.
 
“W-w-why? Kohaku, why?” She demanded in disbelief.
 
Kohaku turned to his sister and ran to her as he was going to try and kill her.
 
“No Kohaku stop!” She cried.
 
The young demon slayer didn't listen as her thrusted his kusari-gama at Sango. She had managed to dodge it but ended up cutting Sango's mask.
 
“Don't you recognize me?” Sango asked falling to her knees.
 
He went charging after Sango once again.
 
One of the lord's guard soon realized what was going on as they were about to jump into the fight, “Hey you stop!”
 
The lord held out his hand infront of the guard's face, “leave them, this shall prove entertaining...”
 
Kohaku brought out his sword and swung it at Sango like it was a baseball bat. In return Sango brought her sword and clashed it with Kohaku's.
 
“Why do you do this Kohaku?” Sango demanded.
 
She noticed a spider web was coming from the lord. Kohaku was definitely possessed by the lord who turned out to be the real spider demon.
 
“He's the one.” She stated. She pushed Kohaku away and grabbed a hold of the hiraikotsu “You did this to him! You're finished!” She growled.
 
“The sibling has lost her mind; get her.” The lord ordered.
 
The guards went after her. Sango pushed them out of the way. She almost killed the lord until she had felt something sharp in her back. This made her slow down. Kohaku stabbed her in the back with his kusari-gama. She turned around and saw her younger brother crying. It seemed at if he was snapped back to reality.
 
Kohaku had fallen to his knees and removed the mask that he was wearing. His was filled up with tears as he looked at his hands and then at his sister.
 
“S-Sango what have I done?” Kohaku asked as the tears rolled down his face.
 
“Kohaku?” Sango said in pain as had fallen to her knees.
 
“NO!!! SANGO!” Kohaku said running to her.
 
The guards had fired arrows at him which caused him to collapse.
 
Sango gasped and tried to crawl up to her brother as fast as she could.
 
“H-help me Sango; I'm so afraid.” Kohaku said crying and feeling helpless.
 
Sango came up to his and put her hand over his head to reassure him, “d-don't worry I'm here with you-“
 
The guards had fired their arrows at Sango. She had collapsed on top of her brother and had fallen ton unconsciousness
 
The lord of the castle smirked evilly, “how sweet a death bed for the two-“
 
At that moment, someone from behind struck the lord and killed him. The guards gasped in shock and disbelief.
 
“M-my lord you have slain your father.” The guard stated.
 
“He was not my father, a demon had taken over his body and used him a host,” the prince explained. He looked up at the two siblings that were together, “So sad the slayers lost their lives, bury them in the back of the castle.” He ordered.
 
“Yes, my lord,” the guards responded.
 
*Flash back over*
 
If only I didn't have that jewel shard…Kohaku…father and the others would still be here. That damn lord was Naraku. He had plotted everything. He knew about the jewel I had, he knew about us coming to castle. From the very start, from that very moment that jewel shard landed on my hand, his plan was already in motion. Then Naraku framed InuYasha so I could kill him, believing that InuYasha was the murderer. That damn Naraku. Some day Naraku I will kill you! No mercy! He will feel the pain that he gave to me and Kohaku. I will get my revenge!” Sango vowed.