InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Tani's Goal ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. This story belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. The only thing though… that belongs to me are the characters who I made up such as Tani.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
 
Close your eyes, and go to sleep
Dream `bout birds the ocean deep
When your eyes have opened wide
Then the sun shall rise!
Never, ever fear, I'm always here
Gaze up to the stars!
 
Never more, you will reach yourgoal
Happiness will soon come your way
My dear child, my sweet, sweet, child
Rest your wearyhead
Never, ever fear, I'm always here
Gaze up to the stars
 
Once I die, please don't cry
Deepinside I'll be there for you…
 
“Those were the words that my mother would always sing to lull me to sleep. Now I recite this piece in remembrance of my mother.” Tani thought.
 
Tani was sitting at the edge of a hill in front a long thin river that was flowing nicely and smoothly. She had been placing her ocarina but then stopped as she realized that pain was still unbearable. The young half demon child had watched the fish swim peacefully in the water. Tani was as miserable as a child could get. No matter how many times she had to tell herself, she still could not forget about her mother.
 
*Flashback*
 
“That's where that sound is coming from! It's that freak of nature! She's the one playing it!” A boy called out. Him and his friends about two-three ran up to the girl. “Who do you think you are playing that trashy instrument? This is a no demon zone! It's monsters like you that killed my older brother during the war.”
 
“It's demons like you that `cause havoc upon villages.” The village girl said.
 
“Infact,” The leader stole the ocarina that the demon child was playing and started to look at it. “I bet you were going to summon your demon friends with this.”
 
Tani gritted her teeth, “no I wasn't! Honest! Give it back!” She said trying to get it back the boy threw it to his other friend and the he threw it. She tried to get it back from one boy but then she pushed him.
 
“Ew! Tani don't touch me!” He said still holding onto the ocarina.
 
The boy who seemed much older than Tani, grabbed her shirt and push her back which made her crash into the ground with a loud thud.
 
“Don't you ever touch me again!” He threatened. “Here, take your stupid thing back, that is… if you can swim!” He threw the ocarina in the pond that she was playing infront of.
 
Tani watched it sink to the bottom of the lake. The kids snickered. “Let's go guys…” The boy said as they all walked away. Tani started to cry. This has happened before. The kids bullying her because she was different. She could've beaten them up if she wanted to. But then it would convince the villages that she really was a monster.
 
“Tani? Tani? Where are you?” Her mother, Larina called.
 
Larina was another reason why she still lived in the village. Larina was a priestess. She wasn't the strongest priestess but she was the wisest. If it wasn't for Larina Tani would been driven out of the village for sure.
 
Tani didn't want her mother to see her like this. Acting fast, she jumped into the pond and swam to the bottom of the pond to collect her ocarina. She swam to the surface and looked up and saw her mother. “Hello, mother…” She said acting as if nothing wrong had happened.
 
“Tani what do you think you're doing? You're going to get sick! Come out of the water now!” She demanded.
 
“Y-yes ma'am.” Tani said coming out of the water quickly.
 
“What made you into the water in the first place?” Larina asked her daughter going her knee. Larina placed her hand on Tani's forehead bringing back her bangs that hid her large grey eyes. “Have you been crying? She asked.”
 
“N-no, I went into the water because I dropped my ocarina…” Tani lied.
 
Larina just shook her head; she could tell that the village kids were picking on her. There was a reason why Tani preferred going out into this private pond. Not many people stayed there. Larina just stared at her daughter and hugged her tightly as she tried to hold back her tears as did Tani.
  
*Flashback over*
 
Tani's eyes started to fill up with tears. She quickly wiped them off her face before that began to roll off her cheeks. Eventually, Tani at that moment started to sob quietly to herself.
 
“No one ever trusted me because I am a half demon. Right now I'm not having much of a child hood. Naraku killed mother and resurrected her. He has a hold of her heart and mind. Naraku can control her. Poor mom before all that happened she would always cry in the evening. She had always felt guilty. After my mother's death people had suspected I did it. But it was Naraku's incarnation. Then framed InuYasha so I could kill him. Well now InuYasha, Kagome, and the others are my friends now. They are the only people I can trust InuYasha has an understanding. She wiped her eyes once more, I'll find a way to save my mother and kill you!” Tani thought.
 
After her vow she slowly began to play her ocarina in remembrance of her mother, Larina.