InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Kikyo I Can't Forget ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. This story belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. The only thing though… that belongs to me are the characters who I made up such as Tani.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Later that evening, everyone had walked back to Kaede's hut. Everyone was asleep but InuYasha. All he could think about was Kikyo. So many things were racing inside his mind.
 
“Other than collecting the sacred jewel shards to become a full fledge demon, do I still really want to avenge Kikyo's death? And even if I do avenge her death what happens after that? No matter how many times I try I still can't forget about Kikyo. She still wonders the earth in hopes that she destroys Naraku herself.” He thought. “But… then theirs Kagome… what happens to her? What happens to both of us?” He thought.
 
InuYasha's eyes slowly grew heavy. The half demon watched Kagome sleep peacefully as he slowly bowed his head down and fell asleep.
 
At that moment, Kagome's eyes slowly opened. The first thing more like person she saw was the half demon that she had fallen in love with, InuYasha.
 
“InuYasha…” Kagome thought, watching him sleep so soundly. She got up from where she was sleeping “It happened fifty years ago... way before we started searching for the jewel shards, before I came upon the ancient well. InuYasha and Kikyo were very close…”
 
*Flashback*
 
Kikyo was sitting on the grass and noticed that the half demon she grew fond of was watching over her from the trees behind her. She slowly formed a nice pleasant smile.
 
“InuYasha, I know you are watching me. Come join me.” Kikyo said.
 
InuYasha hesitated from where he was in the tree but then leaped out of it and stood next to Kikyo. It seemed like he wasn't really fond of her but between him and Kikyo, the feeling was very mutual, but he would never admit it… at least now too soon.
 
“What do you want?”
 
Kikyo, who still had her friendly smiled giggled a little, “aren't you going to sit with me?”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes in unison with his groan and sat next to the priestess. The sound of the wind blowing made it seem as if time was standing still. It was nice and peaceful. Kikyo watched the butterfly land on top of the flower; she was in a very pleasant mood. She looked at InuYasha. InuYasha looked back but then quickly looked a way.
 
“Hmph…” InuYasha muttered.
 
“InuYasha?” Kikyo began.
 
“What is it?” InuYasha responded flatly.
 
“I was wondering…”
 
“About what?” He responded, still looking away.
 
“How do you feel about… becoming human?” Kikyo blurted out.
 
 InuYasha's eyes widened as he turned to face Kikyo. His heart nearly skipped a beat when Kikyo came out with her question.
 
“Y-you want me to become human?” InuYasha asked.
 
Kikyo nodded. “It's possible, you are a demon and you are also human. I can use the sacred jewel of four souls to make you become human.” Kikyo explains. “But that decision… it's up to you,”
 
The half demon thought about it. “What happens then? What happens to you?” InuYasha asked as he turned to face Kikyo.
 
The priestess paused before answering the question and took a deep breath, “my duty is to protect it. Without that, I can live the life of an ordinary woman.” Kikyo said. “InuYasha, if you are up to it than you should meet me here under this tree tomorrow to bring the sacred jewel.” Kikyo said.
 
***
 
The next day Kikyo, had woken up bright and early to complete the deed so that Kikyo and InuYasha could be together. She moved slowly and looked at her sister Kaede who had recently been injured by a demon that attacked their village. She brought out the sacred jewel that glowed brightly as she made a short prayer. She looked at her little sister one last time and then slowly closed the door of the hut and was off to meet InuYasha.
 
Kikyo had realized that she had lost track of time and decided to run under the sacred tree where they planned to meet. It was strange; when she got there, InuYasha was no where in site and it was his idea in the first place for then to meet so early in the morning.
 
This didn't worry Kikyo in the least, she just smiled, “that InuYasha, he must be off sleeping somewhere,” she reassured herself looking around to see if he would come.
 
Kikyo then started to dig in her pocket to present the sacred jewel when he arrived. Suddenly, out of no where, some one had struck Kikyo behind her in which caused Kikyo to collapse in pain. She groaned in agony as she watched the jewel fall infront of her. She didn't know who struck her from the back but she knew that he was either a coward. Never the less Kikyo tried to reach for the sacred jewel until the demon that struck her walked up to her and stomped on her hand.
 
“Fool!” He scowled.
 
Kikyo groaned once more from the pain as she looked up to see that it was InuYasha who had struck her from behind as though it seemed. Little did Kikyo know that it was Naraku that attacked who took the form as InuYasha!
 
“I had no desire what so ever to become human,” he spat, “but…” he lowered and took the jewel from Kikyo's grasp and gave her a devilish smirk.
 
Kikyo growled in rage.
 
“Huh. I shall take the jewel none the less… thanks,” InuYasha said as he walked away, leaving Kikyo to die.
 
Kikyo couldn't believe it. Flashbacks of her and InuYasha together get racing through her mind. She trusted him and he turned his back on her all for a foolish jewel. Kikyo tried to get up but winced from the pain that InuYasha had given her in the back.
 
“Y-you trader…” Kikyo choked trying to ignore the pain that she had physically and mentally, “TRADER! I HATE YOU INUYASHA! I HATE YOU!!
 
***
 
Meanwhile later that day… InuYasha had been jumping from tree to tree in search for Kikyo so that their plan would go into motion. Little did he know, InuYasha was being followed, by a demon.
 
InuYasha sniffed around the placed and growled, “whats taking Kikyo so long? It's not like her to do something like this…” he said.
 
All of a sudden, out of no where arrows were soon coming in his direction. Whoever shot the arrows, they didn't have bad aim. The half demon didn't even have to dodge them because whoever shot the arrows woefully mist InuYasha.
 
Appalled, InuYasha turned to see who shot the arrows to only find the women he loved, Kikyo who shot the arrow.
 
“K-Kikyo? What the hell are you doing?!” InuYasha demanded. “What the hell is going on?” He said clenching his fist in rage.
 
“Silence half demon!” Kikyo yelled.
 
InuYasha was at that moment, angry as he began to crack his knuckles, “you said that you'd never call that again,” he said.
 
Little did InuYasha know… it was Naraku that was formed as Kikyo.
 
“I'VE HEARD ENOUGH HALF DEMON! NOW, DIE INUYASHA!!” Kikyo said she pulled her arrows and began to fire once more.
 
InuYasha quickly dodged the arrows.
 
Kikyo soon gave out and evil chuckle, “I don't time or the arrows to finish you off, half breed but I'll finish you off later…”
 
And with that, Kikyo was gone without a trace leaving InuYasha feeling broken hearted and betrayed.
 
“Kikyo… you trader…” InuYasha muttered under his breath as he headed back towards the village.
 
***
 
After feeling betrayed, InuYasha felt as if he was free to do what he wanted. Now that he saw what Kikyo really was, a back stabbing priestess who wanted to jewel to herself.
 
It was official because of Naraku that what InuYasha and Kikyo love that they had for each other soon turned into bitterness and hatred. That caused that to make to sacred jewel of no tama a lot strong and more evil.
 
The young half demon now knew that he could steal the jewel and use it to make himself half demon. His appearance had frightened the villages.
 
“InuYasha has come!” one village cried out.
 
Some of the village men brought out there bows and arrows to shoot InuYasha and stop from getting and further from where he was to get the jewel. The arrows had ropes tied around it so that they could tie InuYasha down.
 
Since InuYasha had his kimono that was made from the cloth of the fire rat, it had not affected on him since it was practically armor on InuYasha. The arrows simply split in half the moment it hit InuYasha's robe. InuYasha was also quick on his feet, when the village men tried to shoot him down once more.
 
“You fools!” InuYasha barked. “Do you honestly believe that I would be taken down by simply bow and arrow?”
 
Before InuYasha could get taken down by the ropes, InuYasha brought out his claws to cup them again.
 
“IRON REAVER, SOLE STEALER!” InuYasha cried as he cut through the ropes again as if he was cutting simple paper.
 
He soon landed on his feet infront of the hut where the jewel was kept. He punched through the door and sniffed around to see if he could track it down. The half demon went deeper into the hut and saw a small purple crystal on display. It was the jewel. InuYasha grinned evilly as he stole the stole the sacred jewel with no hesitation. He looked up to the ceiling and decided that was his next exit. InuYasha ducked his head and leaped up through the ceiling.
 
The village men saw him once more and tried to take him down. It didn't work as InuYasha simply ripped through the rope again.
 
“Where's Lady Kikyo?” a village asked almost starting to panic
 
“Yes, where is Lady Kikyo?” another village asked.
 
One villager who looked like the leader incase Kikyo wasn't around greeted his teach, “stop your questioning and fire!” he barked.
 
“Yes sir!” The men said in unison as the fired the arrows. That time they missed.
 
InuYasha gave out and evil laugh as he gazed at the sacred jewel of. “At last it's finally in my possession. I will soon fulfill my dreams as becoming a full demon,” he vowed.
 
Suddenly out of no where Kikyo who was still injured by InuYasha (Naraku's) attack fired her arrow at him.
 
“INUYASHA!” Kikyo yelled as she fired the arrow.
 
The arrow that she fired had glowed purple. It was once of her sacred arrows. This arrow we and hit InuYasha right in the chest.
 
InuYasha winced in pain as he watches the sacred jewel fall out of his hand and fall to the ground the arrow that Kikyo had fired pinned InuYasha against a very familiar tree. The sacred tree. The tree where InuYasha and Kikyo were supposed to be together, where InuYasha was to turn fully human and Kikyo was going to live as an ordinary woman.
 
That arrow that Kikyo had fired was also a spell to put InuYasha into dormant sleep.
 
“K-Kikyo…” InuYasha started as he tilted up his head to face Kikyo. “…Kikyo I thought…” InuYasha slowly closed his eyes.
 
InuYasha was dead.
 
Kikyo tried to ignore the pain that she had on her shoulder down to her back. She looked at the sacred jewel and looked at InuYasha. A tear fell out her eyes as she picked up the sacred jewel. She soon tried to head back to the village. Kikyo did not have anytime left to live.
 
***
 
Kikyo, who was still had her injury was started keep her back from living. The pain was just unbearable. The more it hurt, the more she hated InuYasha. Kikyo had used walked up the stairs using her bow as a staff to help her walk.
 
The villagers had noticed her arrival and feel as quickly as they could the moment they saw the blood drip from her shoulder.
 
“Sister Kikyo! W-what happened do you?! You're badly injured!”
 
Kikyo looked up at her sister smiled and then when on her knees as she dropped her bows and arrows. “Kaede!” she groaned in pain.
 
“Sister Kikyo…” Kaede said.
 
“I-I don't have much time to live...” Kikyo dug into her Kikyo and brought out the sacred jewel, “I want you to burn my body along with the sacred jewel so it may never fall to the wrong hands again.” Kikyo instructed.
 
Kikyo gripped onto the jewel very tightly as she winced one last time from her pain. The priestess soon lost all her strength and all her might as she started fall back. It seemed as if it was in slow motion as life was taking her away.
 
Kaede's eyes filled with tears as she watched her sister die, “S-SISTER KIKYO! SISTER KIKYO!!” Kaede cried.
 
Kikyo had collapsed to the ground and died.
 
***
 
Later that evening… the strong village men carried Kikyo's body and placed her on a staffed holding the sacred jewel. All the villagers who had deep respect for the priestess especially her little sister, Kaede gathered around the fire and watched her fade away. With Kikyo's last ounce of power as she was burning up into ashes she managed to rid the sacred jewel from this world.
 
*Flashback over*
 
Kikyo could have used the sacred jewel to save herself. But she chose to follow InuYasha in death. Later on after I met InuYasha and released him on the spell the Kikyo placed on him… Kikyo was resurrected. I begin to comprehend how Kikyo feels, who died and later brought back to life. Kikyo now part of the walking dead. Some day Kikyo the pain in your heart will subside.” Kagome thought.