InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Joyruchi, Part of the New Terror ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. This story belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. The only thing though… that belongs to me are the characters who I made up such as Tani.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Late at night, had been sleeping but InuYasha. The half demon kept sniffing and sniffing to determine if he could smell Naraku or even Kikyo. InuYasha even got out of the hut and jumped on top of the hut and sniffed some more. At that moment he had caught of whiff of some heavy dirt and graveyard soil.
 
“Kikyo!” InuYasha thought as he got off the hut. He acted fast as he ran off at top speed. “But Kagome and the others…” he soon then stopped and looked at the hut behind him and then walked back inside to see if anyone was still asleep. InuYasha watched Kagome and the others sleep. “They'll be safe here...” InuYasha he reassured as he ran out of the village and into the forest t save Kikyo.
 
***
 
Curse that demon Naraku...” Kikyo cursed. “He knew my weakness are my soul collectors, She said as she tried to move. It was no use, the demonic ora that Naraku created was just too much for Kikyo's false body.
 
Just that moment a white snow female demon had appeared. She had long silver hair that went passed her shoulders which was tied back very tightly. Her ponytail was in her front and was loosely tied. The kimono which she wore was more like armor with bizarre and unusual designs. Her eyes glowed crystal blue. There were also white marks on her cheeks and two marks which were shaped as snowflakes were on the corner of each eye.
 
She snickered in a most evil manner as she brought out her sword.
 
“W-who…” the priestess couldn't even speak, “who are you?” she finally asked.
 
The white snow demon snickered once more. “My, my, a priestess…” She said as she repeatedly bounced her shoulder with her sword as she walked up to Kikyo. She glared at her and grinned evilly.
 
“What do you plan to do to me?” Kikyo spoke, “y-your part of Naraku's… aren't you…”
 
“Hmph… Naraku had summoned me here. He promised to give the sacred jewel that's nearly whole to me if I'd kill you. But… if I devour your spiritual powers, I shall become all powerful. So… in a way… it's win, win situation for me; I will have the sacred jewel and your spiritual powers…” she said as she walked closer to Kikyo and lifted up her sword.
 
The icy demon was about to kill the paralyzed priestess until she sensed a half demon coming. Kikyo could sense it too.
 
“Inu? InuYasha…” Kikyo could barley speak.
 
The icy demon glanced over Kikyo. “This half demon, InuYasha? Naraku told me about him. You and Kagome, your reincarnate both share the same feelings for that half demon.” She said.
 
Kikyo was in deepest pain as she tried to get up.
 
“Poor thing, don't work I'll end your misery.” She grinned and she lifted her sword. “Farwell Kikyo… you won't be missed…”
 
***
 
Kagome shot up from her bed and looked around. It seemed as if that she was having a bad dream but Kagome shook it off. She then yawned and shielded her eyes from sunrise that was coming from outside the hut. She looked around. InuYasha and Suni were no where in site.
 
Everyone was still sleeping. Unlike InuYasha, Suni had written a note saying she's left the village getting something to eat for her and the group. Kagome had walked out of the hut to see if she could see InuYasha or Suni. There was no sign of them. Kagome soon sneezed and felt a chill down her spin as she shivered.
 
“It's freezing out here.” She said. At that moment, Kagome could sense something familiar. “The sacred jewel… it's out there. Does that mean that Naraku is out there? InuYasha must've gone out to face him. ” She thought. “I guess I'll go too… to see if he's okay…” she decided.
 
Before Kagome had left, she had turned around went back into the hut to grab her bow and arrow and to see if the others were still sleeping. She didn't want to wake everyone up. The teenager watched them sleep, “the others will be alright She thought as she ran out of the village without a second thought.
 
***
 
InuYasha had acknowledged that as he was getting deeper into the forest that it was getting colder and colder.
 
“Why is it getting so damn cold all of a sudden?” InuYasha wondered as he tried to ignore the cold weather.
 
At that moment, InuYasha had heard a sudden scream from a distance. The sounds of Kikyo's scream which echoed through the forest.
 
InuYasha gasped, “Kikyo,” he called out as he dashed off a lot faster to safe Kikyo.
 
***
 
“Keep quite or he will hear you,” the icy demon hissed as she rested her sword on her shoulder once more.
 
Kikyo tried to get up from where she was but winced as she fell on her back, watching her souls fly out of her body, “the souls are leaving…” she thought “the miasma is too much for them,” at that moment Kikyo could feel her bones crack a little.
 
The icy demon smirked as she walked a little closer to Kikyo and kneeled down to her level and grinned in the most evil manner.
 
Kikyo gritted her teeth in rage, “d-damn you to hell... you cursed witch…” Kikyo cursed.
 
The icy demon started to laugh, “Don't worry Kikyo, I'll be honored to see you there,” she said. At that moment she lifted up her sword preparing to kill Kikyo with one more stroke, “hold still I'll make it faster and less painful for you, priestess...”
 
At that moment a demon in red with long silver hair came through the trees, soaring in the air. He looked down and saw that Kikyo was dying. InuYasha had arrived in the nick of time.
 
“Kikyo!” he gasped as he landed on the ground and watched Kikyo try to lift her head. He was speechless. “What did you do to her?!?!” he barked as he clenched his fist.
 
The icy demon showed no sign of fear and wasn't the least bit intimidated, she grinned “I was trying to kill her until you showed up.” She responded.
 
“Who the hell are you?”
 
The icy demon took a while to respond. “My name is Joyruchi. I am able to change into winter like weather. I am mistress of snow and wind.”
 
InuYasha growled as he had slowly grabbed a hold the Tesusaiga's sheath “I'll kill you!” InuYasha said bringing out his Tetsusaiga. “WIND SCAR!” He yelled as he unleashed his demonic attack.
 
Joyruchi just stood there knowing that there was a barrier there to protect her.
 
“You fool!” Joyruchi yelled as she grabbed a hold of Kikyo's hair. Kikyo groaned from the pain and watched Joyruchi bring the sword to her neck. “Try that again and your girlfriend will die for good!” Joyruchi threatened.
 
InuYasha growled in defeat. “Damn you!” InuYasha cursed. “I can't use my red Tetsusaiga, otherwise… Kikyo will die…”
 
Soon Naraku's saimyoushou had come and buzzed around Joyruchi. “Hmm…… I can't stay around. The poison insects have come.” Joyruchi said as she started to disappear along with the barrier. “Consider yourself lucky.” She said and with that, she was gone.
 
InuYasha had watched her disappear as he put his sword away. “Damn, it she got away,” he cursed under his breath. The dog demon watched Kikyo's soul collectors trying to get to Kikyo. He walked up to Kikyo and lifted up her head gently to see if she would open her eyes. “Are you alright Kikyo?” He asked gently.
 
The unconscious priestess had slowly begun to open her eyes. “Inu? InuYasha? Is that you?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Kikyo…” InuYasha began, “tell me in your own words what happened to you…”
 
“That Naraku…. “Kikyo tried to speak. “He tried to; he tried to kill me once again.”
 
***
 
Kagome was still walking through the forest in search of InuYasha and his whereabouts.
“Where is that InuYasha?” Kagome said walking through the forest. Just then, Kagome had heard the sound of Kikyo's voice that was no too far from where Kagome was. Kagome continued walking to see what was going on. She kept on walking until she saw InuYasha and Kikyo- together. She quickly ran behind a tree and peeped her head around. “What's going on here? And what happened to Kikyo? Kagome thought observing the cracked area's of Kikyo.
 
“Oh InuYasha…” Kikyo groan as she started standing up. “You saved me.” The pain seemed too much for her as she fell once again in pain.
 
“Kikyo!” InuYasha gasped as he caught her.
 
“That damn Naraku... he tried to kill me but he sent someone else to do the dirty work for him.” Kikyo said.
 
InuYasha just stared at Kikyo giving her a sympathetic look and then stared at the last place where Joyruchi was before she disappeared. “Hmm, who was that woman?” he wondered. “She called herself Joyruchi, was she a new incarnation?” InuYasha thought.
 
“Incarnation…..” Kikyo started.
 
“Huh?”
 
“She's not an incarnation. She's part of the season of four.” Kikyo said. “I believe that's where she's from.”
 
“Season of four?” InuYasha repeated.
 
“Yes… season of four…” Kikyo confirmed.
 
It was quiet now as the wind started to blow gently.
 
“InuYasha…” Kikyo said.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Allow me to change the object for now,” she said as she observed him from where she lay. “InuYasha, you seem stronger then the last time I've seen you.” Kikyo said. “….fifty years since my death.” Kikyo said.
 
“Don't worry Kikyo I'll avenge you.” InuYasha held Kikyo's cold hands then hugged her tightly.
 
Kagome gasped in shock. Even though InuYasha's motivation hadn't changed to kill Naraku to avenge Kikyo's death, it still hurt Kagome to see that InuYasha still had feelings for Kikyo.
 
“InuYasha do you still? Have feelings for her? I should've known that this was going to happen next. I've should've gotten used to the fact that… InuYasha still… loves Kikyo. Kagome thought as tears started to well up in her eyes.
 
“I will slay Naraku myself. I'll make sure that Naraku suffers as much as you did long ago. Kikyo, I promise to protect you.” InuYasha promised.
 
Kikyo didn't seem so sure but then leaned up to kiss him for encouragement.
 
Kagome gasped. “InuYasha…how?” Kagome just stopped thinking as she shook her head in disappointment and started to head back to the village.
 
Kikyo's soul collectors came to take Kikyo away. “I am Kikyo a mere lost spirit wondering through this land of ours. InuYasha how long will you search to kill Naraku?”
 
InuYasha got up from where he was and watched Kikyo disappear into the night.