InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Mystery of the New Terror ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. This story belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. The only thing though… that belongs to me are the characters who I made up such as Tani.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Kikyo disappeared, again.” InuYasha stated as he realized that it was getting cold once again. InuYasha shivered. “Damn, is it ever freezing out here. I better start heading back.” He said as he ran out through the forest.
 
***
 
“My cramps keep getting worse and worse. Maybe I should take a rest.” Kagome said as she sat down under a tree to rest. She just sat there and started to chew on her bottom lip. “I've known this for sometime now. I don't belong here. I never did.” Kagome said. “I bet Kikyo can find the shards. It doesn't have to be me to find the shards and yet InuYasha always harps on my back wondering where the shards are. He always gets jealous when Koga flirts around with me and I don't even love Koga in return. And then there he goes mooching off with some girl who is not of this world… not that I'm one to talk… but still I'm that one that's still alive. She thought. “But I'm the one who broke the sacred jewel.” She realized. The thought of the made Kagome feel even worse about herself. She soon got up and looked back on the forest that she was coming from and then looked ahead, “I better get back to that village.”
 
***
 
Back at the village everyone still seemed asleep, other than InuYasha and Kagome, Suni was no where to be found. Shippo was the first to wake up.
 
Shippo yawned very loudly and then stretched. He soon then looked around the place. He soon then took notice that InuYasha, Kagome and Suni were missing. “Hmm? Where is everybody? Where's InuYasha? Kagome and that Suni girl?” He wondered. He walked to Miroku to wake him up. “Wake up Miroku!” Shippo whispered shaking him
 
Miroku slowly then began to open his eyes. “What seems to be the problem?” Miroku asked rubbing his eyes. He yawned loudly as well. “Where are InuYasha and Kagome?” He asked as he looked around the room.
 
“That's what I wonder.” Shippo responded.
 
Miroku looked around once more and noticed that Suni wasn't around either. “Um… Shippo?”
 
Shippo looked up at Miroku as he wagged his tail, confused. “Yes?”
 
“Do you know where Suni is?”
 
Shippo simply shook his head. “Maybe she went with InuYasha and Kagome or something.”
 
“She went outside to go fishing early this morning.” Tani responded as she groaned in her sleep tossing and turning.
 
“Tani? Are you awake?” Shippo asked.
 
Tani got up from where she was and fixed up her hair just a bit and then yawned. “I am now… you guys should keep your voices down when you have a conversation.” She said scratching her head.
 
“My apologizes, Tani,” Miroku said as he got up from where he was and started to head for the door. “I think I'm going outside.” Miroku said.
 
Shippo raised an eyebrow, confused to what Miroku said. “For what?” the fox demon asked.
 
“I'm going outside….to think.” Miroku responded as his eyes began to shift around the place. He was not likely going to go outside to `think,' he had something else on his mind that he wished to do, most likely to flirt with Suni when no one is around.
 
“Just what are you going to think about?” Shippo asked.
 
“Well I'll just check if Suni is alright.” Miroku said.
 
“But what about InuYasha and Kagome?”
 
“Don't worry your little head; I'm sure that both InuYasha and Kagome are alright.” Miroku responded. He had left the hut.
 
The moment Miroku had left the hut, the moment Sango had woken up. She yawned and looked around the hut like everyone else did when they first woke up. She acknowledged that half of her group members were missing.
 
“Huh? Shippo? Where is everyone?” Sango asked as she turned to look at Shippo.
  
“Well I'm not sure where InuYasha or Kagome are. But Miroku went outside to do something.” Shippo explained.
 
Sango raised an eyebrow, not convinced. “Oh? To do what exactly?” Sango asked.
 
“I'm not sure.” Shippo said.
 
“Well… he said that he'd check up on Suni who's also outside.” Tani hinted.
 
That struck Sango a thought as she stood up from where she lay, grabbed her large boomerang and headed to the exit of the hut.
 
“Where are you going Sango?” Shippo asked.
 
“To find that monk,” Sango responded sternly and with that, she was gone.
 
Shippo watched Sango leave, “Adults are weird.” He stated.
 
“Yep you said it.” Tani agreed.
 
***
 
Now where is she?” Miroku thought. “If I were an attractive woman where would I be?” Miroku thought.
 
The perverted monk had soon then heard someone humming a melody. He then decided to follow the melody to find Suni, who was busy trying to catch some fish. Miroku smirked.
 
“How about that I caught another one!” Suni said looking at the fish she caught.
 
“Why hello…..” The monk said flirtatiously.
 
Suni turned her head wondering who said that. “Oh you're awake. Good morning.” Suni said.
 
“Good morning to you my dear.” Miroku said.
 
By then Sango had found them both Miroku and Suni down the riverside. Miroku had been holding Suni's hands quite gently and firmly.
 
“Now what is that monk up to?” Sango wondered.
 
“My dear…” Miroku began, “would you consider bearing my children.”
 
Suni soon then blushed from the questions as she felt a sweat drop go down her neck. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Suni felt uncomfortable around the miraculous monk.
 
Sango on the other hand felt her blood boil with envy from Miroku's proposal.
 
“It may take you some time to think. While you ponder that thought, you lost your friends and family by the despicable Naraku. You can settle down with me.” Miroku said.
 
“But hmm, why would you ask me such a question?” Suni asked who was really beginning to feel uncomfortable.
 
“Just what I was thinking.” Sango said coming out with her Hirakautsu.
 
“Ah Sango! How long were you watching us?” Miroku asked quickly letting go of Suni's hands.
 
“Long enough…” Sango said.
 
“Why are you giving me that glare in your eye?” Miroku asked feeling endangered with that way Sango glared at him. “What are you doing with your weapon?” He asked.
 
“Let's just say you're going to take a long nap.” Sango said fidgeting with her Hiraikotsu. “Hope you have a nice nap Miroku.”
 
Miroku gulped loudly. “Ah… come on Sango don't be rash!” Miroku stepping away from Suni and began to ran away.
 
“GET BACK HERE MIROKU!!!” Sango said chasing after him with her weapon.
 
“AAAAAAHH!!!” Miroku was screaming for his life as Sango continued to chase after the monk with her weapon.
 
“YOU BETTER RUN!! IF I CATCH YOU FLIRTING AROUND WITH ANOTHER WOMAN AGAIN, YOU'RE GOING TO BE LIVING IN A WORLD OF HURT!!!” Sango threatened.
 
At that moment, InuYasha had arrived, coming out of the forest. Unfortunately for the half demon he just showed up at the wrong time. He watched Sango chase after Miroku with her Hiraikotsu and noticed that they were coming his way! Miroku had knocked InuYasha over as Sango trampled over him.
 
“…Ouch…” InuYasha groaned, loudly.
 
All the commotion had caused Tani, Shippo and Kirara to peep their heads out to see InuYasha trampled over, Miroku getting pummeled by Sango and Suni who could help but laugh at the situation.
 
“What's with all the ruckus?” Shippo asked coming out of the hut.
 
Tani also came out of the hut and ran up to InuYasha who was still on the ground. She kneeled down to InuYasha's side. “Hi, InuYasha, are you okay?”
 
“InuYasha, you're back.” Miroku noticed after he was pummeled by Sango with a lump on his head.
 
“Hey InuYasha,” Sango said panting from beating up Miroku.
 
Tani backed up from where she was, to give InuYasha that space he needed to get up, “how kind of you to nice after trampling me.” InuYasha said brushing off the dirt from himself.
 
“Uh, InuYasha? Do you know where Kagome is?” Tani asked tugging his kimono.
 
It didn't take time before InuYasha sunk in to what Tani had asked him. “Kagome is not here?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Say InuYasha, where did you go?” Miroku asked.
 
InuYasha didn't immediately respond, he felt a little guilty; “hmmm…..I was able to sense Kikyo's presence so I follow.” InuYasha explained. “But I didn't see Kagome.” He explained.
 
“Maybe she went for a walk.” Shippo offered.
 
“I wouldn't worry too much about it, she's probably alright.” Sango said.
 
As if right on cue, Kagome had walked in through the forest. Everyone's head quickly turned.
 
“What are you looking at?” Kagome asked.
 
“Nothing,” Shippo said.
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha who was clearly looking away. It was obvious that he didn't want to look at Kagome square face in the eye. “By the way InuYasha looks, I can tell that he didn't see me at all this morning. I honestly can say he still loves Kikyo. He won't even look at me… it's guilt… Kagome thought.
 
“I think I know who ruined this village. Naraku didn't do this on his own.” InuYasha said still looking away from Kagome.
 
“You mean this Naraku did not do this on his own?” Suni asked walking up to them.
 
InuYasha nodded, “yes.”