InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Going Separate Ways ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
“Kikyo, can you get up? Are you alright?” InuYasha asked. Kikyo had managed to get up.
 
“You should be more worried about yourself InuYasha.” Kikyo responded harshly.
 
“What do you mean?” InuYasha asked Kikyo had managed to get up as soon as the soul collectors came.
 
“InuYasha, are you going after Joynirikan?” She asked. InuYasha started to stammer a little after the question. With a word, Kikyo go up and left as her soul collectors followed her. Soon it was quiet. Kagome remained speechless at the moment. Kagome started to walk forward.
 
“Kagome? Where are you going?” Shippo asked.
 
“…Home.” She responded quietly.
 
“Home? What for? The seasons of what ever their names are have become one and have the Shikon jewel in her possession on their way to meet up with Naraku and all you can think of is going home? There are way more important things to deal with than epams and tests!” InuYasha said.
 
“First of all they are called exams not epams. And second they are important. I'm going home.” Kagome said.
 
“Kagome, you have to stay hear to track Joynirikan and Naraku and let's not forget that it was your fault that Naraku has it in his possession!” InuYasha said.
 
Kagome frowned at InuYasha's behavior. “I BROKE THE SACRED SHIKON JEWEL! I KNOW I DID IT'S ALL MY FAULT! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?!” InuYasha was speechless towards Kagome's outburst. “Kikyo stole the jewel shards from me and gave them to Naraku….and.” Tears started to well up in her eyes. “AND YOU ARE STILL WILLING ENOUGH TO PROTECT HER AFTER SHE EVEN TRIED TO KILL ME!!” She yelled.
 
“How come I'm the one turning into the bad guy? I end up protecting you even when that jerk Kouga is around trying to protect you. Let's not forget that I always ending up saving you.” InuYasha said.
 
“Oh really? Tell me InuYasha, where were you when we found Suni? You said you smelt something and ran off.” Kagome said.
 
“Uh…Kagome you were there?” InuYasha thought. (If you don't remember….WAYback in the beginning of the story InuYasha was with Kikyo >also the first appearance of Joyruchi< Kagome was there.
 
“Right, so if you don't mind I'll be going home.” Kagome said, calmly.
 
“Kagome, why are you acting like this? At a time like this?” InuYasha asked getting angry.
 
Kagome stopped walking then responded calmly. “InuYasha! What's your real purpose of going after Naraku? Do you still wish to avenge Kikyo's death?” InuYasha stammered. “Right, so I will be going home…now.” She said as she walked off.
 
“…Can someone tell me what just happened here?” Tani asked.
 
“I've never seen Kagome so upset before.” Sango stated.
 
“She didn't say the word `sit' before she left.” Miroku stated.
 
“Well, nice work InuYasha, you got rid of Kagome.” Shippo said. InuYasha had hit Shippo on the head. Shippo received a lump on his head.
 
“You know what InuYasha? I think this search for Naraku has gotten to your head.” Miroku stated.
 
“What do you mean by that?” InuYasha asked getting defensive.
 
“I may have not been with you and Kagome when you were fighting Niyoi and Mori but I bet when Kikyo was there, you didn't bother to think about Kagome's feelings what so ever.” Miroku stated.
 
“Then the second Kikyo leaves, you remember Kagome's existence and decided that you need her for the jewel shards.” Sango added.
 
“Right.” Tani added.
 
“Tani, why must you always act like an adult?” Sango asked.
 
“Who said I was?” Tani asked.
 
“Sango's right, your behavior was no acception either. You were constantly in the way when we tried to get Joyruchi and Mikan.” Miroku said.
 
“How could've I have been in the way when you kept constantly telling Kirara to drag me away. So it was nearly impossible to get in the way. And it was Sango's fault that they practically got away with when her weapon knocked us out. Besides…Shippo tries to act big as much as I do.” Tani responded.
 
“How am I being dragged into this? I didn't do anything.” Shippo said.
 
“That's just it; you never do anything!!” Tani said.
 
“Well…I would be capable of doing things if you didn't leave me with strap jobs I would be able to do things. And InuYasha always wants to do it. Besides I do more than you do Tani.” Shippo said.
 
“Hiding behind rocks to count Shippo.” Tani said.
 
“That's enough, Naraku is up ahead.” InuYasha said.
 
“But what about Kagome?” Shippo said.
 
“Don't worry about her! She'll come back.” InuYasha responded. “Besides she can't stay mad forever.” He said.
 
“You just don't get!” Sango said. “Kagome feelings have been hurt and all you think of is to defeat Naraku right now?”
 
“Hell ya! Look the sisters are one and are just as strong and have the jewel shards in her possession and on their way to meet up with Naraku. I have no time to make up with her.” InuYasha said.
 
“InuYasha…” Miroku started.
 
“Look, we should all know Kagome by now, she'll come around.” InuYasha said.
 
“Interesting how you mention that. This is probably the like 10th time you drove Kagome away.” Shippo stated.
 
“InuYasha… you and I both know that we need Kagome. Besides going after Naraku and Joynirikan blindly we need Kagome and a strategy. You've seen her power already; she already knows that you may come after her. That's why Kikyo gave you that last remark before she left. Kikyo knows you well enough to go after Joynirikan.” Miroku explained.
 
You can plan, I can go off ahead.” InuYasha said.
 
“Didn't you listen to what I just said? That's what they expect you to do!” Miroku said getting impatient.
 
“InuYasha, why must you always get the spot light? This isn't always about you!” Sango said.
 
“Yeah InuYasha, this doesn't always have to be about you!” Tani butted in.
 
“Stay out of this Tani!” Miroku said.
 
“Why should I? I also have my reasons for coming after Naraku. What makes you think that your reason is more important than mine?” Tani asked.
 
“Because the curse I my right hand had been passed down since my grandfather. And now it is up to me to stop Naraku before I get sucked up!” Miroku said.
 
“Yeah but when in doubt, you have some woman to bear your children.” Sango added. “YOU'RE A LEACHROUS PERVERT WHO NEVER PRACTICES TO WHAT YOU PREACH! INFACT YOU FLIRT WITH THE WOMEN!!”
 
“Exactly…. So I don't see I am turning out the bad guy. I'm just doing everyone the favor by killing Naraku.” InuYasha said.
 
“No, you're doing it for yourself the favor. You always want to go off alone like Sango does most of the time.” Tani said.
 
“Excuse me?” Sango said.
 
“Yeah, when ever you see your brother you always leap at the chance to go off alone with out anyone wanting to help you.” Tani said.
 
“Yeah and you don't do that?” Sango asked.
 
“Yeah Tani! You're just a kid! Instead of acting like an adult try and act like a kid you're only 8 for crying out loud!” InuYasha said.
 
“Hey! Have you forgotten that my mother's heart is in control of Naraku?” Tani said.
 
“Yeah and so is Kohaku's! The world doesn't revolve around you!” Sango said.
 
“And the world revolves around you?” Tani said.
 
“Look you two we all know that you're in a depression stage right now because of Naraku taking over the people that you care about.” Shippo stated.
 
“You know what? I think we are better off if we defeated Naraku on our own.” Miroku stated as her started to walk away.
 
“Yeah! Come on Kirara.” Sango said as she flew off.
 
“Fine I know when I'm not wanted!” Tani soon flew off. All that was left was InuYasha and Shippo.
 
“Fine go off!! I'M A LOT FASTER WITH YOU GUYS SLOWING ME DOWN!!” InuYasha exclaimed. Shippo didn't know what to do at that part but to try and find his way back to Kaede's village. At this point it seemed that the Inu-gang was gone forever.