InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuYasha Movie 5: New Terror Breaks; Team Split Up ❯ Kagome's Depression ( Chapter 29 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Kagome had gathered everything she needed for her trip home. She looked down at the ancient old well and took a deep breath. “Down the rabbit hole and out again.” She thought. She went down the well and made her way back to her time period. “I'm home.” She said. But somehow she didn't feel right when she said that. “InuYasha…” She thought then shook it off. She walked out of shrine and walked home. Kagome had walked even passed the living room where her little brother Sota and her grandfather were.
 
“Hi Kagome, you're back!” Sota said. Kagome didn't even respond.
 
“Kagome? Earth to Kagome!!” Her Grandfather called out.
 
Kagome turned around from her Grandfathers holler. “Huh, what? Sorry Gramps, did you say something?” She asked.
 
“Sis, are you sure that you were ready to come back to our time?” Sota asked.
 
“What do you mean? Of course I was ready to come back! What kind of a greeting is that?” She responded harshly, as she stormed her way up to her room and slammed the door.
 
“Uh…did I miss something here?” Sota asked out of confusion. “She's the one that came back and chose to ignore me when I said `hello' and now she's getting all mad at me?” He said.
 
“Calm down Sota, I'm sure Kagome didn't mean to be rude when she first came back. She probably has boyfriend problems. She must have had an argument with InuYasha.” His Grandfather said.
 
“Still… she doesn't have to take her anger out on me. I didn't do anything.” Sota said.
 
His Grandfather dug into his pocket to look for one of his supposed charms. “Maybe she can use some of my lucky charms.” He suggested.
 
Sota gave him a smug look at the idea. “Sorry Gramps, but I don't think that's gonna work.” He said.
 
Kagome had plopped herself onto her bed. “My nice soft bed. Sometimes, it feels good to be home…sometimes.” She thought. “But I can't stop thinking about…him.” She though. “Maybe if I take a nice long real bath that may get my mind of things.” She said. Kagome got herself prepared for a nice long bath. “I can't believe InuYasha would do that to me. How could he do that to me? And this isn't the first time he hasn't said hi to me…but in the end we make up and continue our quest to find Naraku. But this time... I don't know if I can ever go back.” Just then her mother had knocked on the door which broke her train of thought.
 
“Kagome? Is that you in there?” She asked.
 
“Yes it's me.” Kagome responded.
 
“I didn't know you come back from the feudal era. I just stepped in from the grocery store. Anyway we're having steak for dinner tonight. Just to let you know.” She said.
 
“Okay mom. Thanks.” Kagome responded.
 
“Call me if you need anything.” She said.
 
“Okay.” She responded. Soo Kagome finished her bath got into her pj's and went down stairs to eat her dinner.
 
“Hey Grandpa, I think you're right about Kagome and InuYasha must've really gotten into a huge fight with InuYasha. She hasn't even said a word yet.” Sota whispered.
 
His Grandfather nodded. “I agree with you completely.” He responded.
 
“…well what do you suggest we do?” Sota asked.
 
Kagome heard their whispers and could tell that they were talking about her. “Mom?” She started.
 
“Yes Kagome? What is it?” She responded.
 
“May I be excused? I don't think I can finish eating this. I guess I'm that hungry. I think I'll go to bed.” She said.
 
Kagome's mother smiled. “Okay. I hope you feel better” She said.
 
“Okay.” She said. She got up and washed her dishes then put her plates away. “Good night.” She said as she walked up to her room to bed. “Maybe sleep can get me back on track.” She thought.