InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Enter the Wolf ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 3: Enter the Wolf
 
 
Kagome felt the weight of the groceries getting to her. It'd been a month since she moved in and she still did all the grocery shopping. She preferred doing the grocery shopping actually because if she left it to Inuyasha he would just buy ramen and beer. Inuyasha never cooked, if it was his turn to take care of dinner they went out to eat. She was gonna drop the bags soon, she could feel it. Sighing with defeat she attempted to place the groceries on the floor gracefully. She picked up her purse searching for her keys but alas being the ditz she was, she left it in her other purse. `Darn it.' She took out her cell phone and called Inuyasha who had gone out for a run. Currently he was 2 miles away but being a hanyou that was nothing.
 
“ I'll be there in 5 minutes tops just hang out outside.” Inuyasha chuckled.
 
“ Fine… Hurry.” Kagome whined hanging up. She leaned back against the wall and slid down until she reached the floor. Resting her head against her knees she could hear some footsteps. She looked up half expecting it to be Inuyasha, but was only a little bit disappointed when she saw who was standing next to her.
 
“ You all right?” The guy was handsome to say the least. He had straight black hair tied into a ponytail and was staring at her with clear exotic blue eyes. He had a muscular build and was about the same height as Inuyasha. He was a youkai, she could sense it and hot that was for sure, but Inuyasha was still hotter. No one could top Inuyasha. God forbid she ever tell him that or his head might explode from his huge ego.
 
“ Yea, just waiting for my roommate to get here to open up the door. I forgot my key.” Kagome pulled her groceries out of the middle of the hallway.
 
“ Want some company?”
 
“ Sure.” Kagome shrugged slightly.
 
“ I'm Kouga Ookami.” He said shaking her hand. `She smells good. Thank the heavens for hot neighbors.'
 
“ Kagome Higurashi. You live close by?”
 
“ Yea, I live right next door.” He smirked at her a little bit. “ So if ever you need ANYTHING at anytime feel free to come over. Or just come over.” Kagome laughed at the obvious come on and blushed. “ You wanna go to dinner some time?”
 
“ Hey Asshole.” Kagome and Kouga looked up and saw Inuyasha coming down the hallway.
 
“ I thought I smelled dog shit.” Kouga snarled standing up then helping up Kagome. “It's been a while huh.”
 
“ Yea I guess it has. This idiot wolf buggin' you Kagome?” Inuyasha asked Kagome who blushed a little bit.
 
“ No.” Kagome said softly.
 
“ Don't tell me Dog Shit here is your roommate!” Kouga said laughing. Kagome frowned at the man's rudeness towards the roommate she had grown quite fond of.
 
“ What the hell is so funny about it?” Inuyasha growled.
 
“ Nothing, nothing. Just feeling kind of sorry about the fact she has to live in the same house as a weak hanyou. She ought to be bunking with someone who can protect her, not some mutt.” Inuyasha growled again and Kagome touched his arm calming him slowly. Kouga just snickered at Inuyasha's anger further irritating Kagome. She put her hands on her hips and angrily frowned at the demon.
 
“ You keep your pathetic excuses for claws off of her!” Inuyasha growled threateningly.
 
“ Hey.. I have small claws because—“
 
“ Yea whatever.. Just leave her alone.”
 
“ Why do you care dog shit?”
 
“ I don't care.. I just don't want you inside of my apartment.”
 
“ Oh well then she can be in mine.. She'd probably before a FULL wolf youkai to a foul smelling dog hanyou any day.”
 
“ You know you're not winning any brownie points here buddy. Inuyasha is not weak or smelly and he's a really nice guy.” Kagome was almost yelling. Kouga's eyes went wide and got a disgusted look on his face.
 
“ Tell me you and him don't have a thing going on…”
 
“ Feh, no.”
 
“ Then you don't mind if I ask her to dinner…Oof!” Inuyasha punched Kouga in the stomach then took a swing at his face. “ She's my Goddamn woman.. I can take her to dinner if I want.” Kouga's fist collided with Inuyasha's eye.
 
Your woman? FUCK THAT!” Inuyasha took the collar of Kouga's shirt in his fist and with the other punched Kouga in the side of the face. Kouga shoved Inuyasha hard making him hit the wall so hard cracks appeared from the impact.
 
“ Yep.. my woman.” A flicker of red shone in Inuyasha's eyes. He was ready to ready start fighting with a loud shrill voice torn through the air.
 
“ QUIT IT!!!!!” Kagome's screamed at the top of her lungs. Both men stopped both with fists up and ready to hit the other. “ You guys are being completely bakas for NO REASON! And well if you would excuse us Ookami I have a dinner to cook.” Kagome began checking Inuyasha's eye frowning.
 
“ Lay off wench.. It's fine.” Inuyasha turned his face from her. Kagome wanted to laugh at the fact he was acting so darn proud but she knew he wouldn't like that.
 
“ Okay fine. But I still want to take a look at it inside. Gotta ice that. You're gonna have a handsome shiner later tonight.” Kagome's voice was losing its anger. “ Well, it was been nice meeting you Kouga.” Kagome strained to give Kouga a smile as Inuyasha unlocked the door. `The nerve of that guy…' Thought Kagome as Kouga took her hand in his. `Okay.. he's touching me.. Who said he could touch me…'
 
“ It was nice meeting you too.” He kissed Kagome's hand before running to his own apartment but stopped before he entered. “ Remember if you need anything I'll be there!” Kagome blushed and smiled the previous anger she had completely gone.
 
` Come on.. oldest trick in the book. Tell me she didn't fall for that wolf's fake charm.. psh.. S-She's blushing like she actually likes that that shit kissed her hand.. This guy's asking for another punch to the head.'
==
 
A/N: You should write me cause that'd be AWESOME and I'd love you eternally.