InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Midterms ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha and never will.
Chapter 12
 
 
 
Kagome sat hunched over books that lay spread across the living room floor. With all the fun she'd been having with her friends and her handsome roommate she had begun to neglect her studies. And now she was going to pay for it.. Midterms were this week. She sighed spread out on the floor not caring that she was crushing her notes and wrinkling the pages in her books. That was how Inuyasha found her.
 
“ Uh..what the hell are you doing?” Inuyasha asked as the girl raised her head from the crumpled pages of notes to look up at him.
 
“ Studying.” Inuyasha shuddered at the thought of studying.. not that he didn't study.. He did, but he tried to avoid it if he could.
 
“ Right… Let's go out for dinner.” Inuyasha suggested, he was famished after that boring class he just got out of.
 
“ No, no, no. This is why I have to study like this.. Midterms are this week and I haven't studied at all!” Kagome whined banging her head against the books at her own carelessness. She used to be such a good student.. but then again she didn't live with Inuyasha before.
 
“ Lighten up.” Inuyasha gave her his infamous puppy look. “ I'm hungry.” Kagome was really tempted.. She was hungry and craving some kind of, any kind of caffeinated beverage. But no. She HAD to study otherwise she'd fail and she couldn't fail.
 
“ I can't.” Kagome sighed, “ Not that the prospect of food doesn't sound good.. But I really have to study. Just go eat. I'll probably still be in this spot.” Kagome frowned resting her head back down in the middle of her books sighing.
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “ Okay.” Kagome's mouth almost dropped open with surprise. He wasn't even going to politely plead that she go? Or ask her if she wanted anything from wherever he ate?
 
“ All right. Bye.” Kagome said curtly her face still smashed in the book.
 
“ Later.” Inuyasha chuckled walking out. That girl would rule the world.. He was sure of it.
 
 
 
Inuyasha came home only 15 minutes later with food only to find Kagome asleep inside her books the living room lights still on.. `Poor kid.' Inuyasha thought lifting her up. He chuckled softly when she let out a mild snore as he set her on the couch. She put the blanket around her tucking her in. He left a pair of chopsticks and the food he ordered for her when he went out next to her. He was sure she'd wake up frantic in about an hour from now. He just had a feeling this was just a “power nap”.
 
 
 
 
Kagome came home from her last test drinking the last of her soda. She was frowning as she opened up the door to see Inuyasha comfortably sitting on the couch watching tv.
 
“ You still look worried.. The tests are over. Relax.” Inuyasha insisted to Kagome who sighed taking a seat on the couch.
 
“ I won't stop being worried until I get the results of the midterms back. How do you think you did?” Kagome asked curiously.
 
“ Eh, I don't know. Don't really care.” Kagome chuckled at Inuyasha's lackadaisical attitude. “ All I care about is that we have a long weekend before classes start up again.” Kagome sighed happily.
 
“ Thank Kami.” She snuggled into the armrest of the couch. “ You taking one of your girlfriends out?” Kagome asked even though the female visitors for Inuyasha were coming less and less especially since their visit to Inuyasha's home. The girls still called his cell phone.. constantly especially at night.
 
“ Naw.. I figured I would just hang around here.” Inuyasha yawned and Kagome giggled inwardly, he looked like a puppy.
 
“ Mind if I use your cabin and take your friend Hiten up there? I haven't seen him in a while.” Inuyasha glared at the girl. “ Kidddingg! Gee wizz Inuyasha.” Kagome giggled snuggling into the man's arm. She looked up at the clock, “ Inuyasha.. Don't you have a class now?” Inuyasha's amber eyes shot up to the clock and he jumped up.
 
“ Shit!” He grabbed his books and ran out the door as Kagome laughed at his retreating form.