InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Back in Tokyo ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.
 
 
Chapter 30: Back in Tokyo
 
 
Inuyasha lugged his and Kagome's bags into the living room of the apartment and dropped them unceremoniously. Kagome had been distant ever since Inuyasha's announcement of going to Seoul and he knew why. He'd been an ass about the entire situation and he knew that. Instead of going to Kagome and telling her about how he had applied for the internship and actually gotten in, he'd gone to Miroku and his parents first. Of course their first question was, `What about Kagome?' He'd begged that they keep the news a secret until he found the right way to announce it. Inuyasha had intended on telling her at Christmas.. but he couldn't find the right time.
 
Kagome shut the door of the apartment and locked it. “ What's going to happen with us Inuyasha?” Kagome asked suddenly. Inuyasha took a seat on the couch and sighed patting a seat on the couch for Kagome to sit with him. She shook her head and leaned heavily against the door.
 
“ You know I love you..” Inuyasha began his eyes shielded by his silver bangs, Kagome fought the urge to cry not wanting him to say he'd stay just because she was blubbering. “ But I have to see about my future..” Kagome nodded and tried to put on the best face of understanding she could.
 
“ I understand.” Kagome choked out.
 
“ You're the first girl I've ever truly, deeply loved.. But I have to do this. I have to take this internship. This is hard but I'm going.” Kagome nodded once again and looked down at the ground near tears.
 
“ We're breaking up aren't we?” Kagome asked honestly, she braced herself for his response. Inuyasha began to stand up but Kagome put up a hand and shook her head. “ We're breaking up..” She said calmly and raised her eyes to look at Inuyasha. He nodded unable to find the words to vocalize that fact.
 
“ It's 2 years. It's a long time apart…” Kagome shook her head and Inuyasha stopped talking.
 
“ I understand Inuyasha. It's okay. I can't say that it's disappointing, but I understand.” Kagome smiled weakly to Inuyasha.
 
“ My parents and Miroku asked me why I wasn't going to bring you with.. but I told them..”
 
“ You told them before me?” Kagome asked in a pained voice. “ I'm sorry, continue.” Inuyasha sighed and rubbed his temples slowly before continuing.
 
“ They wanted to know why I wasn't going to bring you and I told them that you'd be a distraction. This internship could lead to bigger and better things. It can shape the rest of my future.. and I don't want to risk it by being distracted.” Kagome's heart was breaking with Inuyasha's every word. Mentally she wished he would just stop talking, but she needed to hear this. She needed to hear every word. “ And you know in 2 years we could be different people.. we might not want the same things. If we kept this thing going, we could just settle into a routine of being together instead of being together because we love one another.. I don't want that.” Kagome inwardly winced at Inuyasha's words, `this thing'.. it wasn't even a relationship to him. Inuyasha knew he'd used the wrong words, but it was too late to take them back. It was better for him to not soften the blow. It had to be a clean break.
 
“ You're right.” Kagome laughed bitterly. “ It's not like we were going to stay together forever. We're in college, we're adults. This is for the best.” Kagome said softly with a smile. She wasn't going to fight with him on this. He wanted to go and she would let him go. It was his life. She grabbed her bags and went into her room locking the door behind her.
 
Inuyasha rubbed his forehead in frustration. ` I'm doing the right thing..' He tried to convince himself. She was right. It wasn't like they were going to stay together forever. Inuyasha dragged himself to the kitchen and opened up a beer. He needed it.
 
Kagome bit her lip from crying out in heartbreak. The way he kept rubbing his temples with frustration kept flashing in her mind. He had told his family and Miroku about his internship before her. He'd applied for his passport and thought thoroughly about how he was going to break up with her obviously. She couldn't take this. It was too much. Placing a hand over her chest she clenched at her shirt and bit into her hand. He was leaving her. She heard the tv in the living room turn on Inuyasha's light laughter.
 
From the living room Inuyasha heard the sound of zippers from Kagome's room. He couldn't hear her crying or smell tears, but he smelled sadness. It was radiating from Kagome's room. She stepped out of the room holding a backpack.
 
“ Where are you going?” Inuyasha asked her as she walked straight towards the front door.
 
“ I'm going out.” Kagome said calmly, hoping secretly she didn't sound cold. She didn't want him to feel sorry for her. That was the last thing she wanted, his pity.
 
“ Are you coming back?” Inuyasha asked shutting off the television.
 
“ Yea.” She said before walking out the door. `when you're gone.' Kagome had nowhere to go so she checked herself into a hotel. Pulling out her cell phone she called Sango and explained what had happened.
 
“ MIROKU! YOU KNEW?!” Kagome heard Sango scream at Miroku.
 
“ He told me not to say anything!” Kagome heard Miroku say defensively.
 
“ He dumped her you asshole!”
 
“ How am I the asshole?! It was Inuyasha who dumped her not me!”
 
“ Sango relax.” Kagome said calmly. “ It's okay! I'm fine with it.” Kagome lied as she fiddled with the zipper of her backpack.
 
“ Is he at the apartment with you right now?” Sango asked curiously and Kagome heard the sound of cracking knuckles.
 
“ He's at the apartment still I think.”
 
“ Where are you?!” Sango asked with a worried tone. Kagome chuckled at her friend's concern.
 
“ I'm fine. Don't worry about where I am. I just need a little space.” Kagome said lightly. “But this day has been really taxing, so I think I'm going to hit the hay.”
 
“ Okay, but if you need anything.. and I mean ANYTHING.. you know I'm there right?” Kagome assured her she was fine and they both hung up.
 
Kagome placed her phone on silent and crawled into the cold bed hoping that she would be able to sleep.
 
 
 
Inuyasha tried calling Kagome all morning once he realized she'd never come home. He had called Sango only to get yelled at. He called Miroku and Miroku had explained that Kagome had called Sango but didn't tell her where she was staying. Inuyasha crossed his fingers in hopes that Kagome's mother or his parents would know.. but they didn't know either.
 
Finally at noon Kagome called his cell phone.
 
“ Where the hell have you been?” He yelled into the phone. “ You had me worried sick! I've been calling everyone who should have an idea of where you are and no body knows!”
 
“ I've been sleeping.” Kagome said sleepily as she sat up from the hotel bed.
 
“ Where?!” Inuyasha growled, she could have been sleeping on some park bench and it worried him to death.
 
“ Inuyasha.. I'm fine. I'm somewhere safe and comfortable so don't worry.” Kagome said with a slight chuckle.
 
“ Come home.” Inuyasha ordered. Kagome let out a defiant huff. “ Please Kagome.” Inuyasha said softly.
 
“ I'm coming home at some point Inuyasha. All my stuff's there. But I gotta go. I have to take a shower.” With that Kagome hung up her phone and called up Sango telling her to meet her at the hotel so that they could go shopping.
 
 
 
 
“Kagome this entire day you've said nothing about Inuyasha. You've avoided it all day.. I'm starting to get pissed.” Sango said sadly though she hid it with a supportive smile. Kagome nodded as she stared down at her coffee. They had chosen to end their day.. or night at Kagome's favorite café and all Kagome had done was talk about what she'd splurged her money on. Suddenly, Kagome let out a few small sobs and tears began to fall from her eyes.
 
“ Sango.” Kagome sobbed sadly propping her head up on her hand as she leaned against the table. “ I can't talk about it. Let me just get this out.” She cried before wiping her tears with a napkin. She shook her head and took a deep inward breath.
 
“ Do you want to stay with us until school starts up again?” Sango asked comfortingly. Kagome shook her head sadly.
 
“ No, it's okay. It's all right.” Sango gave Kagome a sympathetic smile and thought, `Somehow I get the feeling she's only saying that to reassure herself more than me.'
 
“ I've got to get home.” Kagome said to Sango with a smile. “ I'll call you soon.” With that Kagome hugged Sango, picked up her coffee and her bags and drove home.
 
She walked into the apartment door and smiled politely at Inuyasha who was sitting on the couch watching tv.
 
“ I made dinner.” Inuyasha said kindly motioning towards the kitchen.
 
“ I'm not hungry. I grabbed some dinner with Sango.” Kagome said before placing her bags in her bedroom. She walked back out and took a seat on the floor leaning against the couch, away from Inuyasha.
 
“ Kagome…”
 
“ Inuyasha, this is exactly why I didn't want anything to happen between us in the beginning. Now stuff's just awkward. Let's just pretend this didn't happen between us.” Kagome said firmly.
 
“ We can't just pretend that nothing ever happened!” Inuyasha growled at Kagome.
 
“ YES WE CAN!” Kagome yelled, expressing more emotion than she had in days. “We have to.” Her volume had dropped significantly.
 
“ I can't do that.” Inuyasha said softly.
 
“ Then you don't have to.. but I will.” Kagome got up from the chair and walked into the kitchen to cool off. Inuyasha got up from the couch and threw the remote onto the cushion.
 
“ These months have been some of the best of my life..”
 
“ SHUT THE FUCK UP INUYASHA!” Kagome screamed throwing her arms up into the air. “ Just shut the fuck up. I don't want to hear about this anymore! You're LEAVING I GET IT! I FUCKING UNDERSTAND!”
 
“ GOD DAMN IT BITCH! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SUPPORT ME ON THIS?!” Inuyasha yelled picking up a glass and throwing it against a wall.
 
“ What the fuck Inuyasha? I already TOLD you that I was fine. That I understand your decision. That you're doing the right thing! What MORE do you want from me?!?!” Kagome balled her fists and leaned against the counter and covered her face with her hands. “ What more do you want from me?” Her voice was soft and muffled from her hands. “ What more?” She asked sadly. Kagome could feel and hear Inuyasha getting closer to her. “ Stop.” She said firmly.
 
“ I don't want our last memories of us living together to be bad ones.” Inuyasha said softly as he kept his distance.
 
“ Inuyasha just shut up.” Kagome said in between gritted teeth.
 
“ But I have to say it!” Kagome took in a deep breath to calm herself.
 
“ You just have to keep fucking rubbing it in don't you?! Well I'm fucking happy Inuyasha. Just fucking happy. We're just one big happy couple. Wait no. Not even a couple. That `thing' that we had going ended last night.” Kagome bit, her tone filled with anger and bitterness.
 
“ I can't just STOP my entire life and stay in Tokyo for some bitch that I mistakenly fucked…” Inuyasha stopped himself and groaned. “ I didn't..”
 
“ Yea,” Kagome sighed sadly. “ Continue Inuyasha. Keep going. I know you want to say it. You can't stop your entire life and stay in Tokyo for some bitch that you mistakenly fucked.” Kagome finally broke down into sobs. “ We were a mistake to you.”
 
“ Fuck!” Once again Inuyasha threw another glass into a wall causing Kagome to jump with surprise. “You have to take this so God damn hard. I'm going to Seoul and you can't stop me! Not even with your fucking tears! And when I get there I'm going to find a bitch who isn't so damn emotional!” Kagome's tears stopped at once and she breathed in deeply.
 
“ Fine Inuyasha. Do what you want. Fuck whoever you want. It's your damn life.” Kagome said calmly.
 
“ Damn right it's my life. MY LIFE.” Inuyasha growled and leaned against the counter as Kagome opened up the fridge. “ Kagome.” Inuyasha said softly as tears filled his own eyes. “ Let's not end it like this.” He pleaded.
 
“ It's already over.” Kagome said pulling out a bottle of vodka and a couple shot glasses form the freezer. She handed one to Inuyasha and one for herself. “ To the failure that was us.” Kagome poured a shot and downed hers then poured one for Inuyasha. The hanyou took it in his shaky hand and gulped down the shot.
 
A/N: I've written the past few chapters.. there's some more drama to come. But this IS a Inuyasha/Kagome story. I'm going to do some revisions on the other chapters.
 
Thanks for all the reviews you guys. I read them all I swear! You guys are the best. I didn't know that many people actually cared about this story heh.
 
-Kipu