InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Truth Be Told ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Soo here's chapter 32.. Over 400 comments and 82000 views. That's amazing, but then it really bums me out for my other newer fanfics.But YAY for Just Roomies right? There's going to be a twist in the next few chapter. So keep reading and keep reviewing. You guys are awesome.
 
 
Chapter 32 Truth Be Told
 
 
 
Kagome had moved out..
 
Inuyasha clenched his fisted hands as he walked into Kagome's empty room. It looked as though Kagome had never been there at all. The only sign that there had been anyone living in this room was the indentations her furniture had left in the carpet. He inhaled deeply; her scent was strong in this room. It hadn't been too long since she had left. He never got to tell her that leaving her was hurting him apart too. That he would miss her more than she would probably miss him. That she owned not just a piece, but his entire heart and soul. He never got to tell her once more that he loved her. He then wondered if he told her enough that he loved her. Definitely not.
 
“ Inuyasha, what's taking you so long?” Miroku asked before walking into Kagome's room. He stopped slack jawed at the doorway of the bedroom. Miroku glanced cautiously at Inuyasha who was looking slowly around the room.
 
“ She left..” Inuyasha mumbled as he stood in the center of the room with his back to his friend.
 
“ Dog boy there's a note here on the back of the door.” Miroku said tearing off the piece of paper from the door. Inuyasha snatched it out of Miroku's hand and stared at the words on the paper.
 
 
Inuyasha,
Obviously you've noticed I left and I won't be back. I can't stay here and watch you get ready to start your new life. I did love you. No, I do love you. I was tired of fighting. You wanted our last memories of being together to be happy ones. Falling asleep in your arms was always natural and that was where I was happiest. We could have been happy here too Inuyasha together. You could have found an internship here in Tokyo. I love you but I suppose my love isn't enough reason for us to be together..
 
-Kagome
 
 
Inuyasha fought the urge to crush the piece of paper in his claws, but it was all he had left of her. Instead he clutched to the paper and fought the tears that stung his eyes. He would
NOT cry in front of Miroku.
 
“ Get out.” Inuyasha managed to choke out as he gripped the piece of paper. Miroku nodded and quickly left the room leaving Inuyasha completely alone. The second he heard the front door shut Inuyasha slammed a closed fist into a wall effectively making a large hole. He howled out painfully as he sunk down to the floor.
 
She was gone.
 
She had left him because he was an idiot. It was his own damn fault he had lost her. Lost the only thing that had made sense to him. She had gone off not knowing how much she really did mean to him. He read her note repeatedly and each time his heart clenched with pain. He wanted to call her, tell her to come home, but how could he face her after the pain he had obviously put her through. `Coward.' Inuyasha thought to himself. `Afraid of a wench.. cowering in the fear that she'll reject you.. fucking coward.'
 
Inuyasha sat there for some time thinking of ways to make it up to her, to regain her trust and to prove his love for her, but in his mind even if he gave her the world it wouldn't be enough to truly prove his love. He wanted to give her the universe. He contemplated showering her in material things, but Kagome wasn't the one to be swayed by lavish gifts or money. Thinking back he hadn't really put too much thought about going to Seoul for two years. He hadn't really thought about life without Kagome being in his arms or without walking into his apartment without having her watching cartoons on the couch. It was all the little things that made their relationship something special. Kagome was always giving and caring, but he hadn't appreciated it until now. He was a baka. A baka in every way.
 
Summoning up all his strength he went to his room for his cell phone and called Kagome. Every ring felt like a lifetime, making him more and more nervous. Finally she picked up and mumbled a cautious hello.
 
“ Kagome,” Inuyasha said softly, his voice was hoarse and filled with despair. He made no attempt to hide his anguish.
 
“ Are you okay?” Kagome asked with obvious concern.
 
“ I'm fine..” Inuyasha gulped audibly. He was going to tell her how much she meant to him even if she did reject him. “ I lied. I'm not fine. I'm a wreck. A complete mess.” He choked out. “ I'm a moron. I..” `Why can't I find the words?!' Inuyasha thought desperately.
 
“You're what Inuyasha?” Kagome said impatiently. The more she listened to his pained voice the more she wanted to go to him and tell him that everything was okay.
 
“ Kagome. I'm sorry about the whole situation. I'm sorry I hurt you. I was selfish. When I walked into your empty room and found your note I couldn't believe it. I wanted the world.. but I realized you are my world. You are everything to me. You're the one good thing in my life, the one thing that makes sense. Without you I'm nothing.” Kagome let him ramble on as her tears flowed freely from her face. How could she in good conscience let him pass up the opportunity of a lifetime because of her? There was no way that she could possibly go to Korea with him. If she was to go her schooling would have to be put on hold and she would only be a distraction. “Please Kagome. Come back home.” Kagome took a deep breath inward.
 
“ Go across the hall, the door's unlocked.” Kagome muttered before hanging up. Inuyasha shut his phone slowly and walked across the hall to stand in front of the adjacent apartment. He knocked softly and opened up the door to walk inside. Kagome was sitting placidly on a windowsill across the room. She turned to face Inuyasha and smiled sadly. “ This seemed like a conversation to have in person.”
 
“You moved across the hall? I told you I'd pay for our apartment in full.” Inuyasha offered solemnly. “At least let me buy you some more furniture.” `There I go, trying to buy her back..' Inuyasha mentally cursed himself.
 
“ No, it's okay. I have to get used to being alone and paying for things on my own.” Kagome said painfully. Inuyasha walked towards her slowly and was relieved when she didn't stop him. “I don't want to fight anymore.” Kagome admitted with a timid voice.
 
“ I don't want to either.. I..” Kagome held up a hand to prevent him from continuing.
 
“ Go to Korea.” Kagome said almost inaudibly. “ Go to Seoul. Take the internship. I want you to go.” Inuyasha lifted Kagome's chin and looked straight into her eyes. “I don't want you to feel obligated to anything while you're there. While you're gone we'll see other people. If you meet someone else I want you to go ahead and date. It's Seoul, there'll be plenty of beautiful women walking the street.” Kagome smiled brightly though it ate away at her to tell Inuyasha to date other people. She knew she had been rambling on, but frankly she didn't care. Inuyasha was speechless. Kagome was telling him to date other people? Is that what she wanted? To date other people.. Inuyasha shook his mind of the thoughts.
 
“ Kagome..” Inuyasha began to speak. “ Tell me the truth Kagome.. Do you really want me to leave?”
 
“No. I don't.” Kagome admitted sadly. “ But you have to go. It's for the best. If you don't you'll be passing up a great opportunity.” Kagome hugged Inuyasha close to her not wanting to let go. Inuyasha's hand involuntarily went up to Kagome's hair and began to stroke its silkiness with his rough fingertips. Why did he have to be such a baka and take that internship in Korea?.
 
“ If I have to go.. why don't you just come with me?” Inuyasha asked seriously but he could smell the salt of Kagome's ears even if he couldn't see her face. “You could take a sabbatical or go to school there.”
 
“ I can't. You have to do this alone.” Kagome sobbed softly. “ You have to go.” Her hands fisted Inuyasha's shirt pulling him closer to her.
 
“ I could stay like this forever.” Inuyasha murmured into Kagome's hair. The girl cuddled against Inuyasha's chest as she wrapped her hands around his waist.
 
“ You could have..” Kagome said so softly Inuyasha barely caught it. He was pretty sure it wasn't really meant for him to hear. She probably didn't even know she had said it aloud so he ignored her statement and continued to hold her. He made a mental note of everything about Kagome, the feeling of holding Kagome in his arms, her scent, the way her brown eyes sparkled with life and love for him. They fit together and there was no way that she could ever deny that.
 
GRARGGH
 
Inuyasha's stomach rumbled loudly and pulled back slightly to look at Kagome. “ Did you wanna get something to eat? Miroku and I were supposed to get something to eat, but that never happened.” Kagome smiled slightly with a tinge of pink in her cheeks. She pulled out of Inuyasha's grasp regretfully.
 
“ How about I cook for us both for one last time in your apartment.” Kagome suggested with a sad but genuine smile. Inuyasha smiled and nodded in agreement to Kagome. They walked out of Kagome's apartment and she used her key to lock the front door.
 
“ There's nothing worth stealing in there.” Inuyasha joked with a small chuckle. Kagome glared at him and walked into Inuyasha's apartment.
 
“ You're so funny.” Kagome said sarcastically as she walked towards the kitchen. “What do you want to eat?” Before Inuyasha could answer Kagome held up a hand to silence him. “ Wait.. don't tell me. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you want to eat ramen.. am I right?” Kagome smiled jokingly to Inuyasha who nodded with a toothy grin reminiscent of a child.
 
As Kagome made ramen in the kitchen Inuyasha slumped onto the couch and flipped on the tv. He thought about Kagome and himself, then pictured her dating someone else while he was in Seoul. That WOULDN'T happen. He wouldn't let her, but what could he do? Tether her to the fridge for two years?
 
An important question popped into Inuyasha's mind. If he really wanted to go to Seoul why was it so hard to go?
 
Kagome came into the living room with two steaming cups of ramen. She set the cups onto the table and settled herself into the couch. “It's kind of hot, so I think you should let it cool for a little bit.” Inuyasha nodded as he thoughtfully stared at Kagome. She wordlessly arched an eyebrow at Inuyasha and smiled softly.
 
“ I promise not to date any women while I'm in Seoul.” Inuyasha promised as he looked over at his ramen.
 
“ Are you promising the ramen or are you promising that to me?” Kagome said jokingly to Inuyasha to turned to Kagome and rolled his eyes.
 
“ To you baka.” Kagome stuck out her tongue at the hanyou.
 
“ Eat your ramen Inuyasha.” Kagome shoved a pair of chopsticks at Inuyasha and smiled. `Don't make promises you can't keep.'