InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Roomies ❯ Much Needed Perspective ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Note: *sigh* I know I started slipping up after my break. I have no excuses for it except I'm out of practice and that life gets in the way.
 
Inuyasha grumbled as he allowed his family to enter the room. This was the last thing he wanted right now. More interruptions. Couldn't he fuck his mate without being interrupted? Apparently not.. Someone up there or down there was out to get him.
 
" Aren't you a little under dressed?" Inutaisho asked his son with a snicker. Teasing his son about Kagome was one of his favorite things to do. Mostly because Inuyasha would react so angrily to it. Inuyasha muttered to himself then threw on his shirt. 
 
" Where's that lovely girl of yours?" Izayoi asked with a bright smile. Looking around the modestly decorated room she could hardly contain her excitement of Kagome and Inuyasha being back together.
 
“ We weren't interrupting were we?' Sesshoumaru asked in a suspiciously sweet tone.
 
“ Maybe.” Inuyasha grumbled after shooting his brother an icy look.
 
“ We have some huge news and we wanted to share it with both of you in person.” Rin said with a huge grin on her face. Inuyasha noted how exceptionally bubbly Rin was today. More so than usual, which was a hell of a lot to him. Rin gripped Sesshoumaru's arm and hugged it tightly and Sesshoumaru uncharacteristically kissed the top of her head.
 
Inuyasha began wandering towards Kagome's balcony. “ I think she's getting dressed or something.” He managed to say in the most nonchalant tone he could. “ That can take forever… You guys can sit down you know.” Damn, he wanted a cigarette badly, but they were somewhere lost in Kagome's room. “ How'd you guys find me?” Inuyasha asked curiously.
 
“ We called your cell phone, but it was off… then we were knocking on your door for 10 minutes and then we figured you'd be at Kagome's so here we are!” Izayoi said happily. Suddenly the Kagome's bedroom door swung open and out waltzed a fully dressed Kagome. She looked completely refreshed, the complete opposite of Inuyasha.
 
“ Hi!” Kagome squealed then hugged each visitor. She politely offered to make them all some tea and disappeared for a moment and brought out some fresh tea and several cups. “ How are you all?” Kagome asked while pouring the tea.
 
“ We're getting married!!!!” Rin squeaked then bounced with excitement. “ Sesshy finally popped the question.”
 
“ Rin.” Sesshoumaru sighed wearily at his fiancé. Rin had done this every single time they had to reveal their news to people. She always removed all possible suspense and just blurted it out.
 
“ Look at the ring Kagome!” She held out her hand and looked at the spectacular ring. It wasn't her style, but it looked perfect on Rin.
 
“ It's beautiful. Congratulations! Inuyasha look at this ring.” Kagome said moving aside so that Inuyasha could get a brief look. With a grunt Inuyasha nodded at the ring with approval. It simply irked him that Sesshoumaru had gotten engaged to Rin before he had when he had the ring and everything. It was almost always with him. Currently it was sitting in his suitcase in his apartment.
 
Inuyasha went to grab his cigarettes and the men traveled out to the balcony while the women jabbered on about wedding plans. “ When's YOUR wedding baka?” Sesshoumaru asked while stealing a cigarette from his brother.
 
“ There is none. You're smoking again?” Inuyasha asked curiously. Sesshoumaru hadn't smoked in years.
 
“ Yea. You can't imagine how stressful getting married is. Rin won't shut up about it. ` Sesshy what do you want for a band?' or `Sesshy help me pick out CHINA PATTERNS.. The Celestial Platinum or Nantucket Basket?' I don't care!!!!” Sesshoumaru took a long drag off of his cigarette and his brother and father laughed.
 
“ That's how they get.” Inutaisho divulged. “ It's a once in a lifetime deal. Let them have their way with it.” Inuyasha shrugged from his lack of experience and leaned on the railing. “ Are you ever going to propose?” Inutaisho inquired of his youngest son.
 
“ I don't know.. When the time's right I guess. Things are still weird with us.” Inuyasha admitted with embarrassment. He didn't want to lie to his family and give them false hopes that there may be another wedding when he didn't even know how his relationship was. He remember his actions last night and smiled. “ I mated with her last night.” There was an awkward silence for a few minutes and then turned to his brother and father who had a dumbstruck look on their faces.
 
“ You mated with her? Well a congratulations SHOULD be in order you idiot!” Inutaisho said with a laugh.
 
“ And you're not getting married?” Sesshoumaru asked with a confused expression.
 
“ It happened last night.. We haven't had a lot of time to discuss what's gonna happen.. Hell, I don't even know what's going to happen today.”
 
“ It's all your fault for leaving.” Sesshoumaru told the hanyou who glared at him. “ No one had the balls to tell you before, but you never should have left. It fucked EVERYTHING up.” Sesshoumaru took a drag. “ ALL your fault.” He exhaled then laughed.
 
“ You think I don't fucking know that?” Inuyasha sighed, but smiled at how he was not mated to the girl of his dreams. “If she wants to get married.. We'll get married. It's all up to her. Whatever she wants she'll get.”
 
“ Man, you are whipped.” Inutaisho told his son. “But that's what happens.”
 
=================================
“ So are you and Inuyasha engaged yet?” Izayoi curiously asked even though she didn't see the ring her son bought on Kagome's finger.
 
Kagome smiled and thought back to the wonderful night they had last night. “ Not yet, but we're mated.” She showed the women her neck and the still tender bite mark.
 
“ Well congratulations to you too!” Rin said with a giggle. “ We should have a double wedding!” She thought pensively for a moment. “ Sesshy is absolutely no help with the preparations to the wedding.” Kagome giggled and then shrugged.
 
“ I don't know when or if we'll ever get married. I'm fairly satisfied with how things are. We still have to figure out what's going to happen when he has to go back to Seoul. Inuyasha may not want to get married. He may think this is it and it's the equivalent of getting married to him.. I don't know.” Kagome rambled on for a few minutes then ended with a sad sigh.
 
“ He wants to get married I'm sure of it.” Izayoi said taking Kagome's hand kindly. “ It'll all work itself out. He'll quit being a baka one day.” Kagome smiled to the older woman. She wouldn't mind being the daughter-in-law to Izayoi and Inutaisho. She wouldn't mind it at all.
===============================
“Bye!” Inuyasha said excitedly and closed the door after his family left. He needed to get some perspective on his relationship with Kagome, but he wanted some more alone time with Kagome. He looked at the girl sitting with her legs crossed on the couch and watching tv. Inuyasha sat down next to the girl and wrapped his arms around her. “ I don't ever want to be apart from you again.” He admitted to her sheepishly. Kagome restged her head on his shoulder and smiled.
 
“ I don't either.”
 
“ Let's have a romantic dinner tomorrow.” Kagome smiled at Inuyasha's suggestion and nodded her head.
 
“ That's a great idea.” Kagome said with a huge grin. “ We haven't had one of those in a while.” Inuyasha got up off of the couch and smiled. “ Where are you going?” Kagome asked with a frown.
 
“ I'll be back a little bit later. I wanna go get some stuff ready for tomorrow. I'll be back in a few hours.”