InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Two Chap. Eight: Kurai Beast ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kurai Beast
Amethyst couldn't figure out what to do. The fire beast raced straight towards her. She and the crew had just begun to witness the harvest itself. But, what did Kiyoko mean by that? She couldn't work that out at the moment. The poor soul had to get away from this raging monster before her.
The Icelandic girl looked around for an escape. So far, no luck. “Oh crap!” Amethyst thought. “What do I do?” She looked around once again. Then, an idea hit her. The girl took off her backpack and opened it. She began digging inside. In seconds, Amethyst found a can of hairspray. A grin came across her face. “Oh yeah!” she thought. Then, Amethyst drew out the hairspray and sprayed it right away. The beast broke away into tiny embers. The girl watched the monster break away into little pieces. Amethyst stood back relived. She gave a little laugh, but got serious.
Right,” she thought. “I have to help my friends!” Amethyst began on her very way.
Along the way, something caught her eye. Drops of fresh wet blood sat on the ground. Curious, she knelt down for a look. No doubt about it, Amethyst saw real blood.
“Oh,” she said to herself. “That can't be good!” No, it isn't!
Meanwhile, the boys defeated the monster on their end. They and girls noticed something odd on their side as well. The boys noticed the drops of blood as well.
“What's this?” Leo-Kana asked. Inuyasha sniffed out the blood.
“Its human blood!” he called out. Everyone went serious at that one. They all quickly followed the trail of blood. The crew came to an abandoned temple. A sickening smell filled the air.
“What is that smell?” Kagome asked aloud as she covered her nose. Despite that, the crew pressed forward. Inside greeted them with a horrific site.
In a nearby village, Amethyst tried to find her way back to Inuyasha's crew. As she walked, she heard people talking.
“We just lost another one last night,” one farmer replied.
“In the same way?” another asked.
“Yeah,” he said.
“Marks and all?” the second asked.
“Yes,” the farmer replied. “We think it's the curse!” That caught Amethyst's attention right away. “A curse, huh?” she thought. Suddenly, she heard a child crying. The men and the Icelandic girl looked up right away. A little girl sat on the ground crying. She clutched her throat tightly as the tears flowed from her eyes. The three of them crowded around her.
“Hey,” Amethyst whispered to the kid. “Are you okay? What's wrong with your throat? Come on, let me see.” The girl shook her head quickly.
“Come on, please,” the first farmer pleaded.
“We want to help you!” Amethyst said to the girl. The child froze up for a moment. The other three waited. The little girl finally lowered her hands. Amethyst watched on in shock. The Kanji for “impure” had been branded on the child's throat. She sobbed once again. The two men turned to each other.
“The curse!” they whispered to each other. Amethyst looked at them on that. It all made sense now.
Inuyasha and crew saw lines and lines of dead children lying on the temple floor. They all had the Kanji for “impure” on their throats. They understood it too.
“This is…” Miroku spoke up.
“Yes!” a voice yelled out above. “You are right!” Everyone looked up right away. Kiyoko sailed down to them. The crew all prepared to attack. The fire immortal smirked at all of them.
“Welcome to my harvest!” she called aloud. Kiyoko began to harvest the power from her little victims. “This is true power!!!” she screamed aloud. Here began the real battle.
True Power