InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Two Chap. Nine: Tag Along ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Tag Along
Leo’s got another problem. He has to deal with a certain pest. Who, you ask?
His name was Mamoru. The couple years younger than Leo and idolized him. The older boy didn’t understand why.
“Go away,” he told him repeatedly. The kid wouldn’t take a hint. Leo could only grin and bear. Lately, it’s gotten worse.
Mamoru knows there is something different about his idol lately. He wants to find out why. It began on Leo’s first day back to school.
Everyone wondered why Leo came to school. He did his best to keep to himself. Yet, Mamoru didn’t get the hint. Naturally, the boy followed him around. Of course, Leo didn’t enjoy this.
“What do you want?” he asked. The boy gave him a stern look.
“Did something happen to you?” he asked. Leo looked on at him.
“Why?” he asked. Mamoru shrugged.
“Just a thought,” the freshman said. Leo looked at him as he left.
Think he knows?, Kana asked. The boy shook his head.
No idea, he replied. They needed to keep a better watch over him in the long run.
It didn’t end there. Mamoru kept following them around. Leo found him usually annoying, but Kana found it nerve-racking.
Why won’t he leave us alone?, she asked. Leo gritted his teeth.
That’s how he is, he said.
What do we do?, the nymph asked. Her vessel gritted his teeth.
I’ll think of something, he said back.
“Hey ya!” they heard someone call out to them. Leo glanced over his shoulder. Oh look who it is! Mamoru waved him down. Leo rolled his eyes.
And here we go, he thought. The younger boy raced over to him. Leo groaned aloud.
“What is it now?” he asked. The boy looked him in the eye.
“Are you feeling okay?” he asked. Leo gave him a strange look.
“Huh?” he asked.
“Are you sick or something?”
“Why?”
“You’ve been acting strange lately.”
Kana paused in panic. “Strange?” she yelped through Leo’s body. “What do you mean?”
“Well, like for instance,” he said. “You keep using ‘I’ Watashi in this case instead of ‘I’ Boku in this case like you normally do. Plus, you aren’t smoking like you normally do.” Leo-Kana blinked
He pays that much attention to me?, Leo thought with a sweat drop on his head.
“Are your okay?” Mamoru asked. “Is something wrong?” Leo-Kana shook their head.
“No, no,” they lied. “I’m fine. Perfectly fine.” The other boy didn’t look so convinced. Leo-Kana tried to look away. Somehow, this will end right away. Plus with events about to unfold, it would only get worse.
Pest