InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Two Chap. Twelve: Denial ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Denial
Leo’s really lost now. The obsession ate away at his brain. For the time being, Kana could only sit back and watch.
I can’t get through, she thought. She wasn’t the only one. His friends tried in vain and still are. Kana was the one who sounded the alarm.
“What do you mean he’s acting strange?” Kagome asked. Kana bit her lower lip.
“Well,” she began. “He seems to be out in a daze.” Kana glanced around her. “He won’t eat or get out of bed.” Kagome looked at her intrigued. She noticed that Leo wasn’t with them.
“Did something happen?” Kagome asked.
“Well,” the nymph answered. She didn’t know how to exactly explain this. “I think he’s being seduced away.” Kana broke down.
“Huh?” the other girl asked.
“It’s true,” Kana told her. “I don’t know how to get him back.”
“Seduced by who?” Kagome asked.
“Keisuke,” she murmured. Kagome gave her a puzzled look on her face.
“Who?” she asked. Kana quickly grabbed by the hands.
“A really bad man,” she said. “He’s obsessed with him and me!” Kana trembled for repeating such things. “You’ve got to help me,” she pleaded. “If this keeps up, Leo could die!” Kagome stared at her with nothing to say. She finally pressed her lips together.
“Alright,” she said. “Where is he now?”
“Follow me,” Kana told her. She took her back to Leo’s house.
The talking and pleading carried into weeks. Leo wouldn’t even come out of his room. Kana, Inuyasha, Mamoru, and Kagome sat outside his door and waited. Inuyasha snorted on the sixth day.
“Can’t we just bust the door down already?” he asked.
“No,” Kana whispered.
“And why not?” the half-breed barked. Kagome gritted her teeth.
“Sit, boy!” she hissed. Wham! Inuyasha went down on the floor hard.
“What the hell?!?” he snapped when he pushed himself upwards. Kana listened in at Leo’s door.
“Leo-kun,” she whispered, “Bring come out. We all miss you. You can’t stay in there forever.”
“Can’t,” his voice croaked. The others quickly sat up. They knew the next part to follow.
“And why not?” Kana asked.
“Master needs me,” he whimpered. “He loves me and I can’t leave him. I feel fine, there’s nothing with me.”
“Bullshit!” Inuyasha snapped. “He’s just trying to kill you, you idiot!”
“You wouldn’t understand!” he cried.
“You!” Inuyasha growled.
“Come back to us!” Kana pleaded.
“But Master loves me,” he murmured. Kana clutched her chest and took in slow breaths. She could feel Keisuke’s poison spreading faster.
Don’t take us, she thought. Above, Keisuke watched his half of his prize slip into the void. He licked his lips rather hungry.
The time’s just about right, he thought with a smirk. He counted down the hours to claim his prizes.
By morning, Leo and Kana were gone.
Spirited Away by Poison