InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Two Chap. Thirteen: Dark Clouds ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Dark Clouds

They've gone missing. Leo-Kana have vanished. Already, Kagome had a bad feeling. She shared her thoughts with Inuyasha.

“You think it's that Keisuke-guy?” he asked.

“Yes,” Kagome said. The dog demon half-breed stood up.

“Alright,” he said. “We'll get him back.”

“But how do we find them?” Shippo asked. “We don't even know where Keisuke is.” The others began to think. Shippo had a point there. None of them could sense energy. Plus, Kagome didn't have Leo's number. (Not that she needed it anyway.) Still, they needed a way to track down their friends before their captor drained them dry.

--------

“Leo. Leo. Leo! Awaken now!”

Deep brown eyes slowly opened. Emptiness around him. No light, no sounds, there was nothing. Leo-Kana had no life in their eyes.

Master…

A hand grasp his shoulder. Leo gave off a voiceless gasp. Teeth behind him grinned in the dark.

“Yes,” Keisuke purred in his prey's ear. “Give yourself over to me.” His claws sank into Leo's shoulder. His prey moaned.

“M-M-Master!” he cried. Keisuke smirked. Meanwhile, Kana started to bleed. Her heart ached with each twist.

I… can't… take this… Leo-kun. He's killing us!

“Shhh,” Keisuke whispered. “Hush my dear I will consume you too.”

“No!” she shouted.

“No?” he asked. The nymph shook her head.

“I will not let you kill us. I won't give myself to you.”

“You have no choice in the matter. I've already won. The way I see it, you have no say in the matter.” His claws dug deeper into Leo's shoulder. Kana let out a choked up scream.

This has to stop. She shut her eyes and began to chant.

---------

“Kagome, Inuyasha! Help us please!”

Kagome froze. “Kana?” The others looked up.

“What is it, Kagome?” Shippo asked.

“It's Kana,” she said. “Just now, I heard her.”

“Where?” Miroku asked.

“Help… please…” The clouds became dark and a thin blue thread came down from the sky.

“What is that?” Sango asked. Kagome ran to the string. Her fingers ran up the threads.

---------

Keisuke paused and turned around.

“What?” the demon asked.

Cut the thread from his neck!

Leo-Kana's captor gritted his teeth. “You!” Kana shut her eyes as Leo opened his.

“What?” he asked. A single arrow came sailing through the darkness. It felt like time had stopped as it grew closer. Keisuke put up his arm to shield his neck. Kana used the last of her strength to make Leo push him back into the line of fire.

One cut was all it took. Keisuke burned away, screaming. Leo-Kana dropped into the emptiness.

---------

Hours later, Leo awoke on the ground. Inuyasha and the other stood around him.

“Welcome back,” Kagome said. Leo lay there, blinking.

“What happened to me?” he asked.

“It's a long story,” Kagome said. Meanwhile, Kana slept inside Leo's body. She was happy to have both minds back.

Welcome Home