InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Two Chap. Fourteen: Under the Bridge ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Under the Bridge

Kana couldn't understand the relationship between mother and son.

“Leo-kun,” she said. The rebellious boy turned over in his bed.

“What?” he asked.

“Why don't you and your mom get along?” the nymph said. Leo groaned.

“What?” Kana asked.

“She's just a pathetic whore,” he said.

“Leo! How can you say that about her?”

“Because it's true.”

“But she's your mother!”

“So? She doesn't care about me.”

“That can't be true. She really does lover you.”

“Ha! That's so funny.”

“A mother loves her child no matter what she is.”

“Blah, blah, blah. Spare me the bullshit.” Leo pulled his pillow over his head. Kana put her hands on her head. This was just… She sighed. Did Leo really know his mother? Talking to him about would annoy him further. Kana lowered her hands and started thinking. Hm… What was Motoko like before she had her children? Kana looked down at Leo.

“Leo? Leo?” she whispered. The boy turned over in his bed. Yep, he's sound asleep. Kana looked at the bedroom door. She weighed her options. This could work. Kana vanished into thin air.

--------

Kana looked around the house by floating in the air. The place could stand to use a little cleaning. Dirty clothes thrown everywhere. Dishes piled high in the sink. When was the last time they vacuumed or swept? Kana winced at all of the dust in the room. They need a maid. The nymph floated down to the living room. She found Motoko snoring over her textbooks on the coffee table. Kana tilted her head.

What secrets do you hold? She put up her hand and closed her eyes. A heavy gust of wind blew by and she vanished.

--------

Huh? What? Where am I?

Leo looked up to see Kana standing in front of him. He narrowed his eyes.

“What did you do?” he asked.

“You have to see this,” Kana said.

“See what?” he asked. The nymph pressed her fingertips on his forehead. A hazy blue light surrounded them both.

What is this?

Leo found himself floating over a college campus. The students walked around, living their lives. The boy looked around.

“Where are we?” Leo asked.

“Look down,” Kana said. Leo looked down. A girl about eighteen years old sat on the grass, studying. He could only see the top of her head. The girl turned the page. Kana pushed Leo forward.

“Hey! What the hell?!” he asked.

“Look at her!” the nymph said. “Look at her!” Her host sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Fine,” the boy said. He turned his head. Leo's jaw dropped.

“Mom?” he asked. The young woman didn't right wearing red-framed glasses. She looked uncomfortable in her thick red sweater. She tugged on the collar and turned the page.

“Where are we?” Leo asked.

“The past,” Kana said. “In your mom's memories.”

“And… Why are we here?” he asked.

“Just watch,” the nymph said. Leo turned back to a young Motoko. The only missing was cans of beer. Suddenly, a young man walked up to her. He stood over her for about five minutes. Young Motoko happened to look up and jump back.

“Gah!” she cried. The young man chuckled. Motoko frowned.

“Don't do that!” she complained.

“Is that…?” Leo asked. The man pushed back his short black hair.

“Sorry,” he said. “You look so cute. I couldn't resist.” The young woman sighed.

“Hyotaru-kun!” she said. “I don't have time for games. My exam is tomorrow.”

“So?” Hyotaru asked. “You can take a break, can't you?” He leaned in for a kiss, but she pushed him off.

“What's the matter?” Hyotaru asked.

“Don't,” Motoko said. He gave her a strange look.

“What's the matter?”

“Nothing.”

“You've been avoiding me lately. You won't return my calls. You ignore me when I talk to you. Are you cheating on me?”

“No.” Motoko moved her hand to her stomach. “I'm pregnant.” Hyoutaru's jaw dropped.

“What?!” he asked.

“I took the test this morning,” she said. “It's positive.”

“Damn,” he muttered. Motoko started to cry.

“Oh…” her boyfriend said. He pulled her into his arms.

“It's okay,” he whispered. “It's okay.” She cried against his chest. Leo turned to Kana.

“Why show me this?” he asked.

“I saw her past,” she said. “She loves all of you. You'll learn more about her if you talk to her.” The nymph waved her hand in the air and she and Leo vanished.

-------

Leo awoke alone in his bed with one thought on his mind. Ma…

He got up to go and check on his mother.

Mother and Son