InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Leo and Kana ❯ Vol. Three Chap. Sixteen: Taking the Mission Again ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Taking the Mission Again

By morning, Leo came home.

“Where were you last night?” a voice asked aloud. The boy quickly leapt around. His mother sat at the kitchen table. Leo threw back his head and groaned.

“Ma!” he shouted. “Don't do that!” Motoko glared at him.

“Where were you last night?” she asked again. Leo frowned.

“Just out,” he said. “I couldn't sleep, okay?” He walked back to his room.

“Come back here!” Motoko shouted. Her son closed the bedroom door. He leaned against said door.

“You shouldn't have done that to her,” Kana said. Leo sighed.

“I'm too tired to deal with her right now,” he said. He walked over to his bed and collapsed on top. Leo fell right to sleep.

--------

By sunrise, Leo lay awake.

“You know what we need to do,” he said.

“Yeah,” she said.

“Ready?” the rebel asked.

“Yes,” Kana said. Leo sat up on his bed. He hadn't packed too much. Already, he knew how he would balance home and the Feudal Era. Getting his body back came first. Leo walked to his closet door. He placed his hand on the surface. Leo closed his eyes. A soft light glowed around his hand. Slowly, a portal opened up on the surface. Leo opened his eyes and drew back his hand.

“I'm leaving now,” he whispered. The rebel stepped through the portal quietly. And then his room went quiet.

----------

Moments later, Leo dropped from the sky back in time. It just so happened the Kagome climbed out of the well.

“Oh, hello, Leo,” she said. But then, she froze.

“Wait… Are you really… Leo? And Kana?” the girl asked.

“Of course,” Leo said. “It's me and I'm back.”

“Back…?” Kagome asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “And I'm back to find the jewel shards. Is that okay with you?”

“That's not my choice,” Kagome said.

“Right…” Leo said.

“Please let us help,” Kana pleaded. “It's the only way for us to separate again. I will even keep a tight leash on him.”

“Hey!” Leo shouted. Kagome started at the host as if lost in thought.

“It's not up to me,” she said again. “But you can come with me.”

“Thank you so much!” Kana said. Leo bowed as fast as he could.

“Stop,” he whispered. He forced himself to stand. Kagome just gave him an odd look.

“Where is everyone?” Leo asked.

“In the village,” Kagome said. “Follow me.” She began walking down the path she was so familiar with.

“Hey, wait for me!” Kana shouted. Leo ran to catch up with her.

Back on the Case