InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love of a Kit ❯ Filler Chapter, or, Sleeping can be dangerous ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *Sniffles* I only got 3 reviews for the last chapter!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *Cries*

Firethroat: Come on, people, look, you made her cry.

Me: I know you're all reading, but you're not reviewing! YOU PEOPLE HATE ME!!!!!!!! *Cries more*

My muses and Shippou: *Climb onto things to escape the slowly rising flood of tears*

Me: And what's even worse, I got NO suggestions for what Miroku and Shippou could do while "courting" Sango! I have pretty much no ideas left for this story (I tend to write as I go), and you guys aren't helping!

Vurso: And the symbol thingies in the last chapter weren't Sera's fault. Fanfiction.net was messing up, and that is what caused it. It happened to other stories as well, so don't blame Sera.

Me: Since I have absolutely NO ideas, this will just be a filler chapter, and will be shorter than the other two chapters were.

Firethroat: Sera in no way, shape, or form owns Inuyasha, it all belongs to the wonderful goddess Rumiko Takahashi.

Erica: On with the pitiful excuse of a fic.

***

The first thing Sango was aware of was the fact that she was warm… not uncomfortably so, but warmer than she usually ended up waking as, especially at this time of year, when the nights were still cold. (A/N: I just KNOW that's a run-on, but I have no idea how to fix it.)

The second was the smells. There were the normal scents of the forest, aka leaves, dirt, rotting wood, etc. Added to that was the smoky scent from their fire last night, and the furry, safe scents of Kirara and Shippou, with Shippou's having definite masculine overtones.

The third was hearing. Birds chirped, bugs made whatever noise they were supposed to, some animal was rustling around in some dry leaves nearby, the soft snores from Shippou, you get the idea.

The fourth and final thing, as she hadn't opened her eyes yet, was touch. As expected, she felt the blanket above her, with the gentle weight of Kirara on that.

What she DIDN'T expect to feel was soft, toned flesh under her where earth should be. She opened her eyes with a snap, and gulped.

Somehow during the night, she had ended up laying on top of Shippou, with her arms encircling him, and his arms gently holding her. Her face colored as she tried to think of a way to get herself out of this predicament (though why she would want to move off of a handsome Kitsune when both are half-naked is beyond me), when her eyes widened for an entirely different reason.

Since he was bigger than her, Shippou's arms were longer… and while one held her across her upper back, the other was slanted downwards, his hand resting on…

The entire forest within a ten mile radius was awoken by her screams of rage and vengeance.

***

A half an hour later, Sango was still seething, anger fairly rolling off of her in waves, while Shippou nursed numerous new bumps and bruises. She refused to bandage them this time, so he was stuck doing it on his own. The entire time, the exterminator kept muttering something about a "hentai bakayarou Kitsune". It didn't bode well for his well-being.

"I'm telling you, I didn't do it on purpose!" He whined, sounding a lot like his younger self at that moment.

She glared at him, at that moment looking far more terrifying than Naraku ever could have been. He whimpered and curled his tail around him forlornly, wincing as he rubbed one of his many bruises.

He looked so forlorn that Sango's expression softened. "Here, let me bandage those for you." She murmured, deciding to let him off easy this once. It probably was an accident, but she had reacted on pure reflex. Traveling with Miroku for so long will do that to you.

Shippou sighed softly as he felt Sango's familiar hands delicately applying salve, then wrapping and tying on the bandages. Those hands fascinated Shippou. With them, she could do hard, heavy work, such as throw Hiraikotsu around, when a lot of humans would have to struggle to pick it up. It showed on them, too. There were multiple calluses on them from gripping the leather straps, and from the pull of the weapon when it returned. He had seen Inuyasha try it once, with Sango's permission, and the hanyou had been swept off his feet on the return catch. He remembered so well because Inuyasha had given him a bop on the head for laughing.

Yet her hands were also delicate, so much so that she could so something like applying bandages to painful wounds without causing any extra pain. Like she was doing now…

He sighed. "I'm sorry for my hands slipping while I was asleep, Sango." Her hands paused, then resumed their work.

"And I'm sorry for hitting you." She answered. Shippou waited until she was finished tying the last bandage, then pulled her into a hug and buried his face in her hair, needing the contact.

Sango's eyes widened as a realization came over her. While his body was fully-grown, and he was more mature, he was still a child, deep down… a scared, lonely child that was going through something that few, if any, had gone through before. Her arms moved to wrap around him and pull him closer, into an innocent hug of comfort.

***

Me: I know it's short, but I told you, it's just a filler chapter until I can get some more ideas. And about the fact that there's not much humor in it, I have a very good reason. See, I found a baby bird outside on the ground a few days ago, and I couldn't find the nest. There are a lot of cats in my neighborhood, so I took it home to take care of until it was ready to be on it's own. Something happened, I don't know what, but when I woke up this morning, the poor thing had died. So that kinda sapped the humor right outta me. *Sniffles*

Vurso: *Hugs me*

Firethroat and Erica: *Do the same*

Me: *Hugs them back* Thanks guys.

Vurso: No problem.

Erica: Please review, guys, and she NEEDS IDEAS!!!!!! COME ON PEOPLE, I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM IN THERE! DO I HAVE TO COME OUT OF THE COMPUTER WITH MY CHAINSAW AND RIP THEM OUT?!

Firethroat: Whoa, chill Erica.

Erica: *Takes deep breaths* I'm okay…

Firethroat: Please review, everyone.