InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love of a Kit ❯ Here's the rest of the gang! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: YAY!!!!!! YOU LOVE ME, YOU REALLY REALLY LOVE ME!

Vurso: *Sweatdrops* I think she's happy about the reviewer's response for the last chapter.

Firethroat: No kidding.

Erica: Hey, at least she's not moping around anymore, now that she knows her story is actually being appreciated.

Me: Aww… Erica, that's so sweet! *Hugs her*

Erica: O_O GET HER OFF OF ME!!!!

Firethroat: Naw, it's fun to watch you squirm.

Erica: -_-` *Lets out a string of words that I can't put here, or it will make the rating go up to R*

Firethroat: ^_^ I love you too.

Vurso: *While prying me off of Erica* Stop fighting, you two. We have a chapter to do.

Me: You mean I have a chapter to do. All you three do is sit around while trying to give me ideas.

Firethroat: Hey, if it works… *Grins*

Vurso: Anyways, neither we, nor Sera, own Inuyasha in any way.

Erica: We only borrow the characters to inflict severe emotional and mental trauma on them.

Firethroat: Oh with the fic, guys. *Cracks a whip over my back*

Me: *Mutters* Slave driver.

***

Kirara sighed as she trotted onwards, feeling the comfortable weight of the human, youkai, and equipment on her back. Sango was in no hurry to tell Inuyasha and Kagome how she had screwed up when taking care of the cub they considered to be like a son to them, so she was free to take her time.

Sango rode easily on her back, experience having fine-tuned her riding skills, so that it was easy carrying her. Shippou was another matter.

When the Kitsune had been a cub, things had been no problem. He would just sit on her head and hold onto her ears while they traveled. Now, however…

"Ow ow ow ow ow…" He hadn't quite got the hang of riding yet, and bounced all over her back. This caused him to bump against her back a lot, and that often meant a certain part of his male anatomy got squished a bit. No wonder he was sore.

Sango sighed as she looked over her shoulder at Shippou, wincing sympathetically as another `Ow' came her way. "Hold onto my waist and squeeze Kirara's sides with your legs. Your bouncing around is getting annoying."

Amid protests of `It's not my fault!' Shippou scooted forward the small distance separating them, wrapped his arms around Sango's middle, and clamped his legs on Kirara's sides. Instantly the jostling ceased.

Shippou gave a sigh of abject relief as his bruised anatomy started healing itself, and rested his chin on the smaller woman's left shoulder. A smile tugged at the edges of his lips as her scent drifted to his nose, intermingled with his. A surge of protectiveness caused him to tighten his arms momentarily, then loosen them again, causing Sango to wonder what was up with him. But she didn't mind the fact that he stayed that way the rest of the trip, which lasted a few hours. After all, would you?

***

Inuyasha was the first to sense their approach, as he was walking back to his and Kagome's home. He had been out hunting, and was startled to find the scent of Sango, Kirara, and Shippou mingled with a gust of wind. A smile found its way to his face (which he promptly beat off with a stick) and he picked up the pace, the rabbit he had caught flopping on his shoulder from it.

When he arrived at the cabin he had built (with some help from their friends), Kagome was sitting up from where she had been weeding the vegetable garden, having just caught Shippou and Kirara's familiar auras tingling at the edges of her senses. Inuyasha offered a hand to Kagome to help her up, and laughed at her sweaty, dirt-smudged appearance. That earned him a clod of mud in the face.

Kagome laughed at her sputtering mate as she headed towards the barrel set up to collect rainwater for washing. She quickly got most of the dirt off of her face, arms, and hands, before drying them off with a towel from her time hung up beside it. She felt a few drops of water, and turned to glare at Inuyasha, who was the source of it. The hanyou grinned, unabashed, and then went back to washing the mud off of his face, content in his mild revenge.

It was only ten minutes before Kirara trotted up to the cabin situated a couple dozen yards away from the well. Inuyasha heard the sound of large paws crushing grass, and poked his head out the door to greet them. When he saw an unfamiliar Kitsune sitting behind Sango, though, a snarl ripped from his throat, and he bounded out to tackle the youkai who dared to come near his friends.

Shippou barely had time to let go of Sango's waist before a red and white blur slammed into him. He yelped as his back connected with the ground, and gasped as he felt a clawed hand on his throat and a weight pressing him down, along with Inuyasha's familiar scent.

"Who are you, and where is Shippou?" Inuyasha growled out, momentarily tightening his grip on the kitsune's throat.

"Inuyasha!" The inu hanyou felt hands on his shoulder, and Sango's scent drifted to his nose. "That IS Shippou!"

The shock of her words stunned him, and then other facts set in… how the stranger smelled like Shippou, had his features, only older… Inuyasha stumbled back, mouth gaping as he pointed incredulously at him.

Shippou sat up, rubbed his bruised throat slightly, and lightly waved a few fingers while smiling nervously. "Hiya dog-boy."

Inuyasha fainted.

***

The first thing Inuyasha was aware of was that he was laying on something soft… the couch in the cabin… was his thought, and that his head was laying in someone's lap. Kagome's familiar, comforting scent filled his nose, and he sighed softly as he felt her gently rub one of his ears.

Suddenly, the events of earlier came back in a rush, and his eyes snapped open as he hurriedly sat up. His jaw dropped and he groaned as he saw an adult Kitsune sitting next to Sango on the floor.

"Damn, it wasn't a dream." He muttered, obviously annoyed. Shippou laughed.

"Sorry, dog-boy. I'm all grown up now, and there's nothing we can do about it." He didn't have to add that he didn't WANT to do anything about it.

"How the hell did you age twelve years in one month!?" Inuyasha raged at him. He wasn't mad, just worried about the cub he had come to think of as a son.

"Vengeful witch." Sango said tiredly as she gently stroked Kirara's fur, where the now pint-size fire cat lay curled in her lap. Kagome and Inuyasha winced.

"Fuuuuuuun." Kagome said sarcastically. "Seriously, when did this happen?"

"Yesterday." Shippou said with a shrug. "We stopped by Kouga's tribe for some clothes, then headed here."

"Uh-huh." Kagome then decided to ask a question she had been pondering. "Uh… Shippou… is there a reason your tail is slightly…" She paused, then for lack of a better word, said "… charred?"

Shippou flushed. "Not my fault that I tripped and fell in the fire!" He whined. That sent Inuyasha off into peals of laughter.

"Damn, I wish I could have seen that!" He howled out when he got the breath to do so. Shippou sent a fierce glare at the hanyou, which he ignored.

"I hate you." He growled out. Inuyasha chuckled as he grabbed Shippou's arm and proceeded to drag the confused Kitsune towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Kagome asked, puzzled. Inuyasha looked over his shoulder to grin mischievously.

"Sparring." Shippou whimpered, and he swore he heard the funeral song. He lobbed a rock at the person in the corner playing it, and grinned when the musician was knocked out. He then went back to being terrified for his well-being.

Sango and Kagome turned back to each other once the guys had left. Kagome gave a lecherous grin that would have made Miroku proud.

"You lucky, lucky girl, Sango…" She made herself comfortable. "So how far have you two gotten? Hugging, kissing, should I prepare myself to be a grandmother?"

Sango flushed. "Kagome!" The poor exterminator didn't get a break, as the miko proceeded to grill her friend.

***

A purple robed figure sighed as it sat down on a conveniently placed rock to rest, the ornate staff held in the un-adorned right hand jingling slightly. Miroku wiped some sweat off of his brow, and squinted up at the sun. Yes, only a few more hours, and he would be at Kagome and Inuyasha's. Perhaps even Sango would be there… the monk's thoughts turned slightly lecherous as he contemplated the beautiful exterminator and how he could win her over to be his wife.

Oh, would he be surprised when he got there, and just who he would have as competition.

Let the games begin.

***

Me: Yes, I know it's short, but I'm low on time. My sister gets the comp in exactly 3 minutes. At least I brought the rest of the group in!

Vurso: You're putting the love triangle in, aren't you?

Me: With a vengeance.

Firethroat: Fuuun. Anyways, please review everyone!

Me: *Happy dance* Another chapter out on time! I'm so happy with myself!

Erica: Please review so she'll shut up, people.