InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love of a Kit ❯ Miroku's retaliation, and Sesshoumaru's revealation ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: *Happy* I've found a website with LOTS of pictures drawn of nekos! GALLERIES full! If anyone requests, I'll put a link to it in the author's notes of the next chapter.

Firethroat: Why don't you tell them the other reason you're so happy.

Me: *Nod nod* I found out last night that in four years, plastic surgeons will have the technology to graft working wings and tails onto humans! In other words, nekos would be physically possible!

Vurso: To clarify Sera's rambling, the wings and tails would be real. The person with them would be able to move them, feel sensations through them, etc. Of course, the wings wouldn't enable you humans to fly. You're too heavy.

Me: Says the pudgy one. Anyways, I'm signing up for a tail and cat ears! *Grins*

Erica: Now that Sera has pretty much bored all of you to tears, we don't own Inuyasha, although Adult Shippou was thought up by our crazy assignment. On with the fic.

***

Miroku's eye was developing a twitch. Surprisingly, Shippou wasn't the cause. Instead, he was in a confrontation…

With a four-foot tall, withered old woman.

"One gold is as low as I'm going for such fine silk." The lady who looked old enough to be his great-grandmother screeched, causing those nearby to cover their ears. Miroku wished he cold afford the same luxury instead of having to stay dignified, as his own were ringing.

`Hmm… maybe I can perform a cleansing for her stall as a discount…' The monk thought to himself.

"Oh honorable shopkeeper, I sense a dark cloud over your stall…" He began his old routine, the words coming easily to him… and was cut off by the shrill voice.

"Don't start that dark cloud stuff! I had my stall purified last week, there's not an evil spirit near it! Pay the price, or get out!" Miroku gritted his teeth in annoyance, then sighed.

"Very well." He took the required amount out of a pouch on the inside of his robes, and handed it to the old woman. In return, he received a large bolt of silk, and several smaller scraps of it as well, in different colors.

"A pleasure doing business with you." Miroku lied through his teeth as he continued through the marketplace to where a horse stood waiting. Already in the saddlebags were a lot of thread and needles. As he lashed the silk to the horse's rump (wrapped in some less fine cloth to protect it), Miroku thought to himself `Now I have all I need to make a fine kimono for Sango.' With that, he mounted the horse and headed back towards the hut and meadow.

***

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru (back in his human form, and cleaner now) sat on opposite sides of the tree, leaning against the trunk. During the final battle with Naraku, they had been forced to work together, and the two brothers had found it was easier on all if they just stopped fighting. They didn't actively seek each other's company, but could actually carry on a civil conversation at times.

"So… how DID Shippou manage to do that to you?" Inuyasha asked, curious. "I know the brat isn't that strong."

"He's not." The full youkai confirmed. "This Sesshoumaru agreed to a trade. The contract was for this Sesshoumaru to allow himself to be tied up and presented as a courting prize. In return, the Kitsune will one day transform into a large, impressive looking youkai, and perform the same favor."

"So that's how the runt managed it." Inuyasha muttered. "Damn, he really is a good trickster. The bouzo's got his work cut out for him."

"Yes, it shall be interesting to see how this plays out… though this Sesshoumaru does not think that the Kitsune had to go to such lengths as to rub filthy human waste into this Sesshoumaru's pristine fur."

"Will you stop it with all of that `this Sesshoumaru' crap? It's dammed annoying!" The hanyou complained.

Sesshoumaru smirked. "That is why this Sesshoumaru does it."

A few minutes passed in silence, before Inuyasha asked "Hey, just who are you planning on having Shippou help you court?"

"You know that human girl that follows this Sesshoumaru around? Rin-chan?"

"The ten year old?"

"Correct."

"Oh. Please tell me you're waiting until she's older."

"This Sesshoumaru is NOT a child molester!" The youkai thundered at his younger brother.

***

"Arigato for allowing me to use your `so-ing mah-sheen' Kagome-sama." Miroku bowed in thanks. Because of the miraculous technology, it had only taken him a day, instead of a month, to sew the kimono. `Now to present it.' He thought as he continued wrapping it in the gift paper that Kagome had given him.

"No problem Miroku, but if you ever try to cop a feel again while using me as a basis of size for Sango, I WILL tell Inuyasha." The monk gulped and made a mental note to heed that warning. Kagome was scary when she got mad (which everyone knows, of course.)

Miroku laughed nervously as he finished wrapping the present and edged towards the door. "Well, um, I really must run! Bye, and thank you again!" With that, the priest rushed out of the hut, then held up the package in his hands.

"Sango is going to love you." He said to it, then stopped to think on his sanity. After all, he was talking to a PACKAGE.

"I've really must stop hanging around Inuyasha." The young man muttered before tucking the package under his arm and heading into the forest to find a certain youkai exterminator.

***

Me: And thus, here you have the next chapter of Love of a Kit! You may ask where Shippou and Sango were during all of this, and that will be answered next chapter! And the answer may not be what you think.

Vurso: I can't BELIEVE you're gonna do that to Miroku.

Me: Hey, I like messing with the character's heads. Please review people!

Firethroat: And here I am with a shameless plug. Cowboy Bebop fans might want to check out Sera's fic "All or Nothing."

Me: I'm not asking for reviews, just would make me feel better knowing it's being read.

Erica: If you haven't all fallen asleep, please tell us what you think of this latest chapter.