InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love V.S Hate! ❯ "He Is Coming To Kill You!" ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
The next morning, Nobunaga awoke but was still in shock over the events of last night.
 
“I cannot believe this!” he cried, “You are my younger brother?” Orca nodded; “It is difficult to believe, but it is true.” he said.
 
“This-this is almost a miracle!” cried Nobunaga, “Oh, My lord,” cried Tsuyu, “I am so happy for you!”
 
Nobunaga and his wife shared a warm hug, which made Orca's mind ponder into questions.
 
“Princess Tsuyu, Your highness!” He said humbly, “If I may ask, why did you address my brother as Your-Lord!
 
“What! Does he have to make it anymore obvious why?” snapped Inu Yasha.
 
“INU YASHA!” snapped Kagome, “Don't make me say it…!”
 
“Sorry I'll be good!” He nearly whimpered in fear.
 
“Orca,” said Kagome sweetly, “Try to think why the Princess called your brother her Lord.”
 
As strange as it was, the youths mind caught on at once. “Brother, is it true, did you really marry our Princess?”
 
Tsuyu smiled and then knelt down towards the little boy, “Yes Orca, it is true.” She said sweetly, and kissed him on the forehead.
 
“Your brother is indeed my Lord-husband, which makes you my in law sibling,”
 
“Big brother,” said Orca. “You are the ruler of Wassashi! This is absolutely amazing!”
 
“I'm so glad to have met you, Orca” said Nobunaga walking over to his brother. “We have so much to talk about. How have things been in Kai?”
 
Orca suddenly looked frightened, and near tears. “Brother, I've been searching for you for a long time, but I have actually come to warn you!”
 
“Warn me?” asked Nobunaga, “Warn me of what?”
 
“Oh, it's so hard to tell you, you will both be crushed in spirit!” cried Orca.
 
“Crushed?” asked Tsuyu, “What in the land of Kai would crush our spirits?”
 
“Perhaps, we should go back to Kai, and find out?” said Kagome.
 
“Excellent Idea!” said Nobunaga; “I most certainly agree.” added Tsuyu.
 
“That's just the thing” said Orca, “We cannot return to land of Kai!”
This made Nobunaga and his wife exchange confused looks.
 
“Orca,” said Nobunaga, “What possible reason would we have not to return to our home-land?”
 
“Yes,” said the Princess, “Our families are there, the royal palace is there…”
 
She tried to go on, but Orca's next few words change the entire matter. “We seem to be all that remains left of it all!” he said quickly.
 
Kagome gasped, Inu Yasha nearly fainted, but Nobunaga and Tsuyu's eyes widened at the statement.
 
“What, did you mean by, remains?” asked Nobunaga.
 
Orca closed his eyes tight, summoning up all the courage he could with in him. “The land of Kai…” he said near tears.
“Yes…Yes!”
 
“… Is…Gone!” cried Orca.
 
Nobunaga and Tsuyu's hearts almost stopped. “What do you mean?” they asked shaking.
 
There was no doubt about it; Orca definitely looked as though he was going to cry.
 
“It is gone!” he cried. “The villagers, the structures, even our families and friends…All of It!”
 
“It has vanished without leaving a single trace behind.”
 
Nobunaga and his wife felt their own tears coming on. “No” cried Nobunaga, “It cannot be!”
 
His brother sadly nodded, “The proud land of Kai is No More. Master-Hime has taken it all away!”
 
Nobunaga and Princess Tsuyu would have started bewailing in loss of their homeland, but…
 
“Master-Lord Hime?” said Nobunaga; “My father?” cried Tsuyu, “He is responsible for the vanishing of our homeland?”
 
Orca nodded, “Yes, it is sad but true. Your father, with his newfound powers, had sealed away the land, and all the villagers into another dimension!”
 
Tsuyu gasped heavily, and fainted into Nobunaga's arms. “Princess!” he cried, “Princess!!!”
 
Nobunaga carried his unconscious wife into their bedroom, and laid her down gently on their bed.
 
Their bed was nothing like the beds in Kagome's time at all. To start it off, most people in the Feudal-era would sleep on the floor.
 
A flattened pile of straw with a sheet made of cloth over it, with only a smaller pile as a pillow, and a blanket made form animal skin.
 
The Royal-bed however was much different.
 
There was a flattened straw pile, but it seemed to stretch out 10 feet in square.
 
The large cloth sheet over top of it, was if fact two sheets sewn together, and stuffed with old-wool from the farmer's sheep, giving the bed a comfortable surface.
 
The large sheet that covered you up was made of silk, and over it was a large duvet mad if bearskin.
 
The pillows were merely two smaller sheets which were also stuffed with wool.
 
Kagome had almost felt jealous, but then remembering what she was supposed to be doing, forget all about it.
 
She handed Nobunaga a cold dampened cloth, which he place over his wife's forehead.
 
“Don't worry Nobunaga, she'll be alright.” said Kagome. “Tell me Orca.” said Nobunaga. “What did you mean by Master-Hime has acquired newfound Power?”
 
“It all started several days ago.” said the small boy.
 
* * *
 
“Master Hime had received word that his daughter, Our Princess, had banished husband, and remarried up with a vassal form the Takeda clan”
 
“I know this too well, for Master-Hime had been acting rather strangely lately.”
 
“In means of rage, he absorbed all the buildings and Villagers in Kai, and locked it all away in a white vortex in the sky.”
 
I however was one of the only survivors, who were not in the villager at the time of the tragedy.”
 
During the night, I had crept out of bed as I heard the master screaming at his servants.
 
I crept into the throne room, and what I saw then changed my life forever.”
 
“Our once proud lord had changed. His body looked much more muscular than before, his fingers were now sharp claws.
 
As for his face he seemed to put over it a mask, which was in face the face of a fox demon.”
 
“I saw him fuming at on of his servants who was playing around with the mask, and learned that it wasn't from any ordinary demon. For I heard him say…”
 
“I sold my soul this! My life, and my very existence depends on it, and YOU NEARLY DESTROYED IT!!!”
 
“It was also slowly after that moment, that I realized he was going to find the man who married his daughter, and make sure he pays for this.”
 
* * *
 
“He wants me dead does he?” said Nobunaga, “That should have been expected!” Orca looked confused, “What do you mean big brother?”
 
“You see Orca, it's a very dastardly thing for a lowly vassal like me, to marry up with a princess.” said Nobunaga,
 
“Yes it is true,” said Tsuyu finally awake, “But with my father far, far away from us, we thought that law could be overlooked.”
“So basically your father punished the villagers just because of a silly order he admires?” asked Kagome, Orca nodded.
 
“Well go on,” said Inu Yasha, “What happened next?”
 
* * *
 
“I packed what little supplies were left, and made a run for Wassashi.”
 
“My plan was to warn the villagers that a terrible threat was coming for us all.”
 
“But I was spotted by the guards, and having to run for my dear life to avoid being killed.”
 
“It was after a few days of running that I lost all my strength, and would have been secured had it not been for my Brother here.”
 
* * *
“But that changes nothing; the threat of Master Hime still remains ready to strike.”
 
“Hey, that reminds me.” said Kagome. “Kaede warned us that there was going to be a great Evil coming here soon!”
 
Inu Yasha looked up, “You think that the Princesses' father is that evil thing that's coming here?” he asked.
 
“It could be!” said Kagome, “I don't know for sure, but I do know it is for a fact.” said Orca.
 
“Master-Hime's threat was to come to Wassashi unless his daughter and her husband come forth within six days from yesterday.”
 
Nobunaga and the Princess exchanged worried looks. “And, if we refuse?” they asked.
 
Orca gulped hard, “Then…he shall come here to Wassashi, and tear the village down just as he did to Kai.
 
His soul desire is make the both of you pay for deceiving him deliberately.”
 
“Make us Pay?!” cried Nobunaga, “Crush our village?!” shrieked the Princess. Unless you come forward and confront him?!” yelped Kagome.
 
“Oh my Lord Nobunaga!” cried Tsuyu, “Whatever shall we do?”
 
“I…I don't know!”