InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love V.S Hate! ❯ The Truth lies behind the Wall ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
Nobunaga had already managed to find the strength he needed to knock the guards off their feet.
 
After all, with right motivation, comes the will to do almost anything you put your mind to.
 
Kagome and Inu Yasha managed to knock out the guards fighting them off too.
 
The strangest thing was, the guards took full intercepts by their weapons and were knocked out, but not even a scar was indicated on their bodies.
 
“I don't get it!” snapped Inu Yasha, “Every time we bash them good, they come right back at us!”
 
Kagome shot another arrow, “Its stranger than you think.” She said, “I can't sense their life-energy; meaning they're practically-dead.”
 
“It's Master-Hime, it must be!” cried Nobunaga, “When I find him I'll shall…!”
 
“You'll do what, Omari Nobunaga!?” said a deep dark voice from behind him.
 
It was Master-Hime. The guards ceased battle upon his entrance, and laid low.
 
“Well, well, well!” he replied, “I must say boy, this may be a first but it's far from a pleasure!” His features hardened as he shouted out,
 
“I HAVE BEEN MADE A FOOL OF!!...”
 
“…AND I DON'T LIKE IT ONE LITTLE BIT!!”
 
Nobunaga's eye's burned with anger, “It makes no difference.” He yelled back.
“You will have to understand that I love your daughter, and she loves me as well.”
 
“We have learned of your actions for destroying Kai, and we are only willing to let you have one chance!”
 
“Drop this evil nonsense, and rejoice the fact that your child has found true happiness… or else… or else!!”
 
“Or Else, What?!” snapped Master-Hime, “You'll be forced to destroy me… Fool!”
 
“Do you have any idea who you're talking to…? I AM THE GREAT MASTER-HIME… AND SOON I SHALL RULE OVER THE WORLD!!”
 
“And the first order of Priority I shall reap is to get rid of those who disobey my rules… LIKE YOU!!!”
 
“Not a chance!” snapped Inu Yasha coming up from behind aiming his claws.
 
“IRON-REVER-SOUL-STEALER!!”
 
Master-Hime raised his left arm and deflected the blow as if it was made of rubber.
 
“You keep out of my way Half-Demon, or your fate shall be far worse than the boy's!”
 
Kagome looked at his arm, “He has the jewel shards, one in betted in each of his arms!”
 
“You're correct my pretty!” sniggered Master-Hime, “And once I'm through with these tow Nitwits, I'll have plans for you as well!!”
 
“SILENCE!!” yelled Nobunaga swinging his katana forward, but Master-Hime parried him out of the way.
 
The fight was on…
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile…
 
Down in the dungeon, the guard who was asked to watch over Orca's cell was just given a message to kill the young boy.
 
Then, the guard moved toward the cell. Orca began shaking in fear as the guard unlocked the door of the cell.
 
The guard then moved closer to Orca, and withdrew a small dagger from the belt ready to stab the boy to his doom.
 
Orca was about to scream blue-murder, when a strange youth appear from out of nowhere, and knocked the guards unconscious and took their keys.
 
“Are you all right Orca?” the youth asked in a rather sweet-female voice that Orca recognized.
 
He looked up at her face as she removed her mask and to reveal the face of… “Princess Tsuyu?” cried Orca.
 
Tsuyu had managed to track Nobunaga down, and follow him to the danger-zone. While dressed as a warrior to avoid capture.
 
“Sister Princess, how did you know I'd be here?” asked Orca. “I shall explain later, but where is Nobunaga?” she asked.
 
“I heard he is above the grounds fighting your father!” said Orca, “I'm afraid he has refused to come to reason with our way of thinking.”
 
“I thought as such.” Sad Tsuyu sadly, “Come, we must help him my Husband before it is too late!”
 
“But wait!” cried Orca, “The guards are all over the place. How are we to avoid them?”
 
The Princess just smiled, “Not to worry Orca.” She said, “Just stay close to me!”
She and Orca were about to leave, when suddenly they heard a faint moan coming the walls in the cell.
 
“What was that?” asked Orca; “Maybe it was a rat.” said Tsuyu. Orca didn't want to miss the chance to do something brave for once.
 
He moved closer to the wall where the moaning got louder and louder, as if someone was locked behind the wall.
 
Orca felt his hands along the wall, and surprisingly found a hidden secret switch.
 
Orca quickly moved away as the wall spun around to reveal an old-man tied to it in ropes with a thick sheet of cloth in his mouth.
 
The man looked very pale, and his robes were all tattered, but Tsuyu recognized that face anywhere.
 
“Oh My word…!” she cried. “That's my Father!” she moved closer toward him, but Orca held her back.
 
“No! It cannot be him!” cried Orca holding her back, “Your father is fighting my brother!”
 
Tsuyu struggled to escape Orca's grasp, “Please Orca, I must help him!” she cried.
 
The old man opened his eyes, and nodded pleading for them to help him out.
 
“Okay, then.” said Orca letting go, “Do not untie him, just pull the cloth out of his mouth.”
 
Tsuyu nodded, and then moved towards the old-man and yanked the cloth from his lips.
 
The man breathed in relief and smiled at the young ones. “Tsuyu, My daughter!” he spoke in a hoarse tone.
 
“I'm so happy you are safe. You as well young-Orca!” he motioned toward the ropes, “Quickly, you must untie me!”
 
“How did you end up in there?” asked Orca, “I thought you had gone mad, and destroyed the village.”
 
The old-man shook his head, “No, it was not I! I have been concealed in this dungeon for days!”
 
“But, I swear it was you father!” said Tsuyu. The old man still shook his head.
 
“No… That is not I! It's a Demon; a Demon-copy of myself!” he croaked, “Please, we're running out of time. Just untie me quickly!”
 
Orca agreed, and helped the Princess release her father. Still, how did he know he was telling the truth?
 
Right now they had bigger fish to fry. They had reached the castle-grounds on the other side of the jungle.
 
They had to find Nobunaga and warn him that man he is faced with is an imposter.
 
It would've been a much easier trip without the guards pooping up from all over.
 
There was no way the three of them could fight off so many at once, but the Princess wasn't willing to give up.
 
Tsuyu put her fingers to her lips, and whistled as loud as she could. In no time at all, many of her finest trained guards from Wassashi came to the rescue.
 
The Princess decided before she undertake the journey to help her Lord-husband, she ought to have a little self-protection.
 
While the guards dealt with Tsuyu's men, she and her followers could continue in their pursuit.
 
* * *
 
Back at the castle, both Nobunaga and Inu Yasha were growing exhausted, and so was Master-Hime.
 
Throughout the fight, Nobunaga had managed to knock the sacred jewel shards out of his arms.
 
The shards were now back where they belonged; in the bottle inside Kagome's back-pack.
 
This weakened him enough for the others to take him on, but he was still very brutal to bring down.
 
Finally, he was getting tired and his powers were fading, but Inu Yasha still had enough left in him for one last strike.
 
Even though Nobunaga hated the idea of killing, he knew they had no other choice.
 
He let Inu Yasha slash him right through the heart. He whimpered in pain as hi blood cursed forth.
 
All that was left was a puddle of blood, his fox mask, and the rumbling sound of the caste around them beginning to collapse.
 
“Quickly, we must retreat!!!” cried Nobunaga.
 
They left the grounds so fast, that they hardly noticed the fox-mask was glowing, and the puddle of blood began to boil.
 
* * *
 
Once they were outside, the castle did start to fall over, but it never crashed to the ground.
 
Instead, all the rocks began to form into a giant figure, and in almost no time at all, Master-Hime was back.
 
He was enormous. His hair had grown longer and stood way up over his head.
 
His legs had vanished and were replaced by glowing energy, which explain how he was able to hover in midair.
 
His claws and fangs had also grown in size, and were able to produce magical energy waves.
 
The only difference was he wasn't wearing his mask anymore. It was just too small now.
 
“You Fools thought you got the better of me?”he said in a very deep voice.
 
“Well too bad… HERE I COME!!!” and with that he started float
 
“I don't get it!” cried Kagome pedaling her bike as fast as she could. “What will it take to bring this guy down?”
 
“If we knew that, we wouldn't be running from him now would we!” snapped Inu Yasha.
 
Suddenly, the ground beneath them opened wide, and they disappeared underground.
 
“WHAT!! NO… I HAD THEM IN MY HANDS!!!” screamed Master-Hime.